DD14 needs hair color (maybe wig!) advice

Looks like a reminder is in order:

Insults and attacks aren't appropriate here. If you have something constructive to add to the thread- great!

If you're just here to be rude, a break away from the keyboard sounds like a great idea. :)

OP - You're one awesome parent! My mom probably wouldn't let me do purple to my hair.

My best suggestion is a cheap wig. WARNING : WIGS ARE TERRIBLY ITCHY AND HOT!
With your daughter's long hair, there will be some major sweating going on.
(Heck, when I was going thru chemo, I would sweat under the wig even with a bald head! :laughing: )

If you do go the wig route, and don't need it or plan on keeping it, I also suggest donating in to a cancer center/shop/etc.
They appreciate those things greatly!

OP - You're one awesome parent! My mom probably wouldn't let me do purple to my hair.

If you do go the wig route, and don't need it or plan on keeping it, I also suggest donating in to a cancer center/shop/etc.
They appreciate those things greatly!

Great idea!!!!! :)

Hey. I'm the kid with the purple hair. I must agree with the "very awesome mother" award and all the people who think my mom rocks. She is a VERY cool mom and I appreciate her a lot. She does a lot for my siblings and I, and I don't know how I could live without her.
And btw, I LOVE the way my hair looks. I'm really pleased with the way it came out. I wasn't smiling because I accidently hit a button when I was eating something. =)
Thanks for all the suggestions. I appreciate it.
I talked to my director tonight. My hair has faded quite a bit since I got it dyed a few months ago. That picture was taken on the night I got it dyed several months ago. Now, my roots are starting to show and the blonde-appearing bleached hair is predominant. She said that as long as I had it tied back, it would be fine.

ETA: I am the kid wearing all black in the corner, but I definitely don't cut myself.

Hey. I'm the kid with the purple hair. I must agree with the "very awesome mother" award and all the people who think my mom rocks. She is a VERY cool mom and I appreciate her a lot. She does a lot for my siblings and I, and I don't know how I could live without her.
And btw, I LOVE the way my hair looks. I'm really pleased with the way it came out. I wasn't smiling because I accidently hit a button when I was eating something. =)
I talked to my director tonight. My hair has faded quite a bit since I got it dyed a few months ago. That picture was taken on the night I got it dyed several months ago. Now, my roots are starting to show and the blonde-appearing bleached hair is predominant. She said that as long as I had it back, it would be fine.

ETA: I am the kid wearing all black in the corner, but I definitely don't cut myself.

I am glad it is working out!!!

I talked to my director tonight. My hair has faded quite a bit since I got it dyed a few months ago. That picture was taken on the night I got it dyed several months ago. Now, my roots are starting to show and the blonde-appearing bleached hair is predominant. She said that as long as I had it tied back, it would be fine.

No need whatsoever to explain yourself....but I love the fact you are giving kudos to dear mom!!:goodvibes
I am glad that things worked out for you and your purple hair:woohoo:

She will only get to have purple hair for such a short time in her life, unless she becomes a rock star. Let her keep her hair purple for now.

This is actually her plan. She's very musical, and I have no doubt she can succeed at it.

47b8da36b3127cceb7efc1103eba00000010108GbtmbZo1w

I have to add something a bit off topic....What mother allows their duaghter:confused3 to dye their hair purple?

This one! :)

A very awesome mother, who understands hair is just hair.

Thanks. And yes, hair is hair. DD has been very respectful about this, getting permission from me, her dad, and her principal before she got it dyed the first time. And she knows that permanent things (piercings other than one in each ear, and tattoos) are off limits while she's a minor.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this, but in the OP it says she agreed to the expense of having her hair restored to a natural color for the concert. IMO, that is the real issue and she should be living up to her agreement with the choir.

She and I made this agreement before I found out that it would damage her hair to redye it. It's not a money issue. She made the commitment and would be willing to fulfill it. Fortunately her director says that pulling it back (and maybe a little spray black on top) will be enough.

And apparently I missed some drama on this thread, ironically while I was taking DD to chorus practice! I had no intention of creating a controversial thread. Thanks to all who defended my parenting!

And yes, she CAN smile! :lovestruc :love: :hippie:

47b7da37b3127cce8379474284a700000036108GbtmbZo1w

And yes, she CAN smile! :lovestruc :love: :hippie:

47b7da37b3127cce8379474284a700000036108GbtmbZo1w

Well, this photo is not a fair example. She is standing in front of RnR. Who isn't smiling then??? ;)

Glad to hear it will work out w/o doing anything drastic. She needs to avoid chemicals since there is bleach under the purple. Hope she has a great time!

Well, this photo is not a fair example. She is standing in front of RnR. Who isn't smiling then??? ;)

I have to admit, she was pretty pumped then! She adores RnR. Especially the time we got off and saw Brad Garrett (the brother from Everybody Loves Raymond), who was standing at the exit with his kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter