• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDA Chapter 27

Oh yeah... in case you wondered who we would be cheering for:

NFL_Steelers_back.jpg

Good Morning,

Not much of a football fan here, but Richie is thrilled that the Steelers are in it. I had to laugh at the guy in the grocery store yesterday with the cheese head on.

Chris is looking forward to the superbowl though I have no idea which team he will be cheering for as his teams didn't make it. I need to put together some game foods. I'll probably try to watch the commercials;)

I've been spending most of my time researching our hawaii cruise. I want to make sure that we have a plan in place to do all the things that each of us really want to do. Which Islands to rent cars vs book excursions etc. Chris, Nick, Hunter and I all want to go scuba diving at least once. Colby has no interest which is good since he won't be quite old enough. We plan to do lots of snorkeling so that will be enough for Colby. There are lots of places to snorkel off the beaches which will give Colby a sense of security. He did not like snorkeling off a boat in Cozumel. We want to see Volcanoes National Park and black sand beaches. A luau is a must. I'm glad I've got 17 months to plan as it will probably take me that long :lmao:

Deb,
We did Germaines luau, it was great but I'm definitely not a fan of Hawaiian food.

Deb,
We did Germaines luau, it was great but I'm definitely not a fan of Hawaiian food.

I'm not at all adventureous with food so Luau's scare me as far as that goes, but I think the show is a must do in hawaii.

Chris is looking forward to the superbowl though I have no idea which team he will be cheering for as his teams didn't make it. I need to put together some game foods. I'll probably try to watch the commercials;)

I've been spending most of my time researching our hawaii cruise. I want to make sure that we have a plan in place to do all the things that each of us really want to do. Which Islands to rent cars vs book excursions etc. Chris, Nick, Hunter and I all want to go scuba diving at least once. Colby has no interest which is good since he won't be quite old enough. We plan to do lots of snorkeling so that will be enough for Colby. There are lots of places to snorkel off the beaches which will give Colby a sense of security. He did not like snorkeling off a boat in Cozumel. We want to see Volcanoes National Park and black sand beaches. A luau is a must. I'm glad I've got 17 months to plan as it will probably take me that long :lmao:

It sounds like you definitely have your work cut out for you. I'm working on our December Disney trip and trying to decide what the final decision is going to be for our 30th anniversary trip.

I'm not at all adventureous with food so Luau's scare me as far as that goes, but I think the show is a must do in hawaii.

I would agree. A luau would be a must. I didn't used to be adventurous with my food but as I've gotten older and wiser, I've found that it is fun to try new stuff. I try to always take a no thank you bite. I eat the one bite and if I don't like it, I say no thank you to any more. I have found a lot more wonderful foods that way as well as lots of yucky stuff! :lmao:

I had an interesting night last night. When I crawled into bed at 11pm, I heard this strange dripping noise so I went looking for it. Didn't take me long. I have a leak in my ceiling. Luckily, it only ruined some magazines. Earlier in the day, I had my new flat screen TV setting under neath it. Thank goodness, I didn't like where it was so moved it earlier in the day. I moved most everything out of my bedroom in case it got worse. There is a foot long circle of the ceiling that is dropping about 4-6 inches.

I called maintenance who came to look at it and he couldn't do anything about it this week-end. The guy speaks in broken english. I had a plastic garbage can under it collecting the water. It was 1/2 filled up twice by 4pm today. At some point after 4pm, it stopped. I'm hoping to be able to sleep in there tonight. I slept on the couch last night and that isn't very comfortable for more than 1 night.

It will be interesting to hear what they find tomorrow. They are supposed to send someone to look at it in the daylight.

I have been feeling yucky since Thursday. Came home early thursday, stayed hom sick on Friday (Hunter too). Yesterday I felt better, then yucky again today. Nothing really specific, bit of a cold, fever than comes and goes with headache and dizziness. Hoping to feel better tomorrow. I did help Hunter get his costume together for his God presentation this week. He was assigned Apollo, the God of Archery, Poetry, and music among other things. We did the toga, quiver, bow and Liar. I think it came out pretty Godlike :lmao:
IMG_20110206_193614.jpg

IMG_20110206_193423.jpg

Tonight I helped Colby do his 100th day of school project for Friday. We used 100 legos to make a 100. He's happy :thumbsup2 He also got his Valentine's made out.

I had an interesting night last night. When I crawled into bed at 11pm, I heard this strange dripping noise so I went looking for it. Didn't take me long. I have a leak in my ceiling. Luckily, it only ruined some magazines. Earlier in the day, I had my new flat screen TV setting under neath it. Thank goodness, I didn't like where it was so moved it earlier in the day. I moved most everything out of my bedroom in case it got worse. There is a foot long circle of the ceiling that is dropping about 4-6 inches.

I called maintenance who came to look at it and he couldn't do anything about it this week-end. The guy speaks in broken english. I had a plastic garbage can under it collecting the water. It was 1/2 filled up twice by 4pm today. At some point after 4pm, it stopped. I'm hoping to be able to sleep in there tonight. I slept on the couch last night and that isn't very comfortable for more than 1 night.

It will be interesting to hear what they find tomorrow. They are supposed to send someone to look at it in the daylight.

That does not sound like a quick or easy fix. :wizard: I hope they can do something quickly.

I went to grab something under the kitchen sink tonigt to find that cupboard wet. Turns out the drain we fixed a month or so ago is leaking again. Chris took it apart again and and put some more plumbers putty around the drain. Not sure why the first fix didn't work :confused3 Now the wood needs to dry out so we can put things back.

I have been feeling yucky since Thursday. Came home early thursday, stayed hom sick on Friday (Hunter too). Yesterday I felt better, then yucky again today. Nothing really specific, bit of a cold, fever than comes and goes with headache and dizziness. Hoping to feel better tomorrow. I did help Hunter get his costume together for his God presentation this week. He was assigned Apollo, the God of Archery, Poetry, and music among other things. We did the toga, quiver, bow and Liar. I think it came out pretty Godlike :lmao:
IMG_20110206_193614.jpg

IMG_20110206_193423.jpg

Tonight I helped Colby do his 100th day of school project for Friday. We used 100 legos to make a 100. He's happy :thumbsup2 He also got his Valentine's made out.

Another great costume by Deb!

That does not sound like a quick or easy fix. :wizard: I hope they can do something quickly.

I went to grab something under the kitchen sink tonigt to find that cupboard wet. Turns out the drain we fixed a month or so ago is leaking again. Chris took it apart again and and put some more plumbers putty around the drain. Not sure why the first fix didn't work :confused3 Now the wood needs to dry out so we can put things back.

I suspect that there is going to be some serious work that needs to be done. There are no pipes above my bedroom ceiling as it is the bedroom for the apartment above mine. I still have most everything moved out. What's strange is that it stopped dripping just about the time that the temperature reached above freezing and things started to melt outside. I was expecting it to start getting worse at that point and it did just the opposite. Very bizarre. So I'll just have to wait and see what they find. Any one want to bet that an aquarium or water bed upstairs busted?

I'm hoping that someone who has watched the movie Autumn in New York would be willing to send me a private message with what happens in the last 5 minutes. I was flipping channels to see the game (since my family were at home watching it) and I missed the ending.

Deb,
Great job on Hunter's costume!!!! Daniel was Hermes last week & all we did was make wings & pinned them to his sneakers!:laughing:

Deb and Vicki - I hope your maintenance issues are taken care of quickly. Nothing worse than having something work improperly at your home!

Deb - I love Hunter's costume!

Deb, that is a fantastic costume!

Well, we are starting week 2 of bathroom #1. I am already tired of having people in my house, and I have a long way to go... I'm not really complaining, though. I feel extremely fortunate that we are able to have this done. The demolition is done, so we should start seeing progress every day now.

Deb and Vicki, I hope that your maintenance problems are easily resolved.

Not too much else going on around here.

Good morning, DDA! Not much new to report here. The schools are on a 2-hour delay again this morning. We didn't get a lot of snow, so I guess it was just the timing. I am ready to be done with this winter, and it hasn't even been a really bad one here.

Good morning, DDA. :)

Nothing to report. Just more waiting and maintaining.

We ended up with about 3 inches of snow overnight. Not bad, but the kids and I are done with winter! Alan had to cover a story of 3 semi trucks and a 5th wheeler that gone blown over on the freeway because of winds. It was really scary!

Today is supposed to be clear and the snow will melt a lot! Yea!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter