• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning boys from a drizzly London. The lovely Lady K is off today, so I see a cheeky English Breakfast down the cafe this morning. Hopefully Darcy and Jeff can see out their windows and are not snowed under.

Have lovely cheeky breakfast.

Preach sister!
Once again I am getting your sloppy seconds. It's coming tonight and *supposed* to be only 5cm (2in) snow and then change to rain during the day Saturday. So just enough to be a mess.

Snow day here today for DW and DS, we're suppposed to get 20 cm of snow and ice pellets throughout the day. So you may have that to look forward to.

Messed up DS's weekend though. They were hosting there annual basketball tournament today and tomorrow but because of the school closure that's been moved to tomorrow and Sunday. Which messes up him up for the volleyball tournament he was supposed to play in Sunday. I don't think his volleyball coach will be happy.

Our shifts in the stores were a Liz, a Sharon, or the dreaded Leo. I'll let that tick over in your mind. First one to name all 3 correctly gets a box of mint matchmakers sent to their house.

What in the....
Can only think (like Jeff) that Liz is HRH... but... Sharon? Sharon Osborne? No clue for Leo... and no clue what the names have to do with the shifts anyways.

we had 100+km/hr (62 mph) wind sustained for 36 hours.

Holy crap! Did you see Dorothy and her house go by?

At least it's coming on Saturday and I can just sit around the house in my pajamas all day :drinking1

Nice... I shouldn't get called in to work. Usually weekends are pretty safe. Don't usually get them off, though.

I think you're doing it wrong.
At least you get your weekend.

I'm looking forward to Sunday. CFL East and West championships. Especially the West, of course.

No snow for me (yet) but it was so windy it blew the milk out of my tea.

:lmao:

we're suppposed to get 20 cm of snow and ice pellets throughout the day.

:eek: Whoa!

Top O the Mornin Dads! Thanks for letting me rant as this morning I was able to add the final night of our plans, 9 nights at BWV. Work is just over the top right now so apologies if I don;t stay current. Have a good weekend gents.
Morning dads. Thank goodness the winds have finally abated here (not debated mind you because that doesn't help anybody's mood).
Luckily no power outage or damage to my house. There were a few shingles blown off the scattered roof and some siding blown off a couple houses, but overall pretty good considering we had 100+km/hr (62 mph) wind sustained for 36 hours.
One sunny, calm, but cold day (-4C/25F) today and then we're back in the carp weather again with snow/rain mix. At least it's coming on Saturday and I can just sit around the house in my pajamas all day :drinking1
Good to hear you made it through without any damages. Love the hang in pajamas weekend day, love a day in just pajama pants and a sweatshirt with the tv remote and video games. Between work stuff and Christmas decorating goin to have to wait for that weekend until after the first of December.
Snow day here today for DW and DS, we're suppposed to get 20 cm of snow and ice pellets throughout the day. So you may have that to look forward to.

Messed up DS's weekend though. They were hosting there annual basketball tournament today and tomorrow but because of the school closure that's been moved to tomorrow and Sunday. Which messes up him up for the volleyball tournament he was supposed to play in Sunday. I don't think his volleyball coach will be happy.
Hope you guys have a good weekend despite the schedule challenges - be safe.

Morning chaps from a drizzly overcast London.

Looking forward to watching our strategically shaved chimps who pass as leaders getting on their "conscience" high horse, as they have been temporarily inconvenienced in lining their pockets. A large percentage of them hanging off some kind of pole contraption on Tower Bridge would be a good start in fixing the ills of this once great nation.

I give our PM a 30% chance of making it to Xmas in a job. Which is a shame, even though I don't agree with almost anything she says, she was handed an absolute hospital pass and make the best job she could out of it, which a bunch of snivelling posh boys sniping from the sidelines, as they don't have the cajones to put their head above the parapet, looking to do her down at almost every turn.

Rant over. Apologies.

Totally acceptable. Positively encouraged. Especially if she had a pixie haircut. Gold Stars. Carry on.

I want to lie down now. Enjoy your day off buddy.

But this sort of thinking led us to Jumbo Shrimp and bacon as garnishes in cocktails. So its not all bad. But also gave us Pineapple on pizza. Which is an abomination.

Have a good day fellas.

So a common language isn't the only thing our politicians learned from yours.....

I have a few better ideas of what to do with ours.

Could be worse...did you watch the game last night? I want to burn US Soccer down.

Wayyyyy too early to start wishing for a white Christmas.

No. Thank. You. It was 38 this morning in Jacksonville...that is much much MUCH too cold for us...though let's hope it get's the fishies moving...because soccer is over, and now I can catch up on what's really important...

Big fat green fishes.

So a common language isn't the only thing our politicians learned from yours.....

I have a few better ideas of what to do with ours.

Could be worse...did you watch the game last night? I want to burn US Soccer down.

I'm sure you have plenty of tricks mate for our elders and betters........

I did watch the game. That wasn't too pretty. The thing that struck me was the difference in speed both on and off the ball between the 2 teams. Is it that the real quick kids all go into football rather than soccer? When we were coming down the flanks or running in through the channel it was like no-one was there.

Right. That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. Last one in the re-opened Tambu Lounge for cheeky Backscratchers has to take Princess Leia home. And let me tell ya, it's like Beggars' Canyon down there.

Have a great weekend chaps.
Whoo hoo. Lunch with our department VP then I am done for the day.
Was supposed to be packing to go to the in-laws but that trip got canceled, I may have forgotten to mention it to work so I'm still taking a half day today. And I have the full weekend off from my other jobs.

Right. That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. Last one in the re-opened Tambu Lounge for cheeky Backscratchers has to take Princess Leia home. And let me tell ya, it's like Beggars' Canyon down there.

Have a great weekend chaps.

Sent everyone home, going to hang for a bit.

It is just a mess. No structure to their play and no speed.
Whoo hoo. Lunch with our department VP then I am done for the day.
Was supposed to be packing to go to the in-laws but that trip got canceled, I may have forgotten to mention it to work so I'm still taking a half day today. And I have the full weekend off from my other jobs.
Enjoy the long weekend.
Sent everyone home, going to hang for a bit.
Nicely done there bossman

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter