• Controversial Topics Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Off to Phoenix today. Wife and I made a deal with her parents 25 years ago - we spend Thanksgiving with them, but Christmas is for us. It's been a good deal all around. Back when they loved in LA, before we had kids, they'd take us down to Disneyland on the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

I get to catch up with my daughter tomorrow, picking her up at college in Flagstaff. It's still going to be weird - my older son's at college on the other side of the country, and will be spending the holiday with my sister and her family. First time it hasn't been all five of us at Thanksgiving since the youngest was born.

Monday I plan to take a sleeping bag and pillow to the office; this looks like it could be a long winter.
Lets hopw not. Maybe the earlier nasty weather means we will have a mild winter?
A long weekend comes to a close with a win and a 3rd place finish. Great game from Declan, probably one of the best all-around games he's played. 22 points and about 37 minutes and player of the game. Nice way to start the season. They have another tournament next weekend but it's going to be a tough one, taking on a pretty good prep school and the top team in NB and one of the best from Nova Scotia. It's all about building to February.
Nice start for Declan for sure. How did they hold up physical wise with the college team, that had to be a good test for their development.
Morning boys from a cold and snack free London. Cutting out all the rubbish until Xmas. Should get signed of for running and tennis on Friday, so doing a bit of build up work to make sure.

Good day for sports yesterday, with England winning and the Bears going to 7-3. They lost 2 of those by a whisker as well, so all in all a major improvement. I'm a little bit in love with Akiem Hicks. I may have to revisit my "Linebackers only" rule for jerseys. Looking forward to the Chiefs and the Rams tonight, that could be a warm up for this years Super Bowl.
Good deal on the medical release - cheers!
usx8w.jpg

BEARS!

Yesterday was cold but sunny, so I took the opportunity to put up (some) of the Christmas light son the house - the harder to put up ones on the eaves and windows. The way this winter has started, I figured I should take advantage of a weekend day with no precipitation. Mind you I have no intention of lighting them before December. They're just up. I still have to run all the power cords, put up fake boughs, snow man, Mickey wreath, etc.
Did some of the same myself yesterday, mostly prep work so me and DS can finish off the outside decorations while he is home for Thanksgiving. Just not getting on ladder for gutters without DS to help hold ladder and feed me the lights.

Morning compadres from a wintry London. Just watched last night's game, some great plays on both sides of the ball. Booked the August trip last night, so we are in St Petes for a week, then Universal for 2 days in the Portofino Bay, and then the Poly for a week. Aug 16 to 31. Have a great day, and get those Brines ready....

Goin all the way this year. :rotfl:

Off to Phoenix today.
Have a great trip. Get that Glenn Campbell on the stereo.

They even had the (small) lead there for a while. Man... it's been 28 years... Ridiculous in a league this size.
28 years? I didn’t realize it was that long. Although I’m a very casual observer of either CFL or NFL

Hopefully it will. Would they postpone it or cancel it?
Normally they will postpone the parade until the next weekend. And hope for better weather...

That is an interesting fact, but way more interesting was VOCM's "Question of the day" last week which asked if you have ever sent some intimate pictures of yourself to someone else.
What? Is sending intimate pictures not a normal thing in other parts of the world?

I'm guessing the Grey Cup is soon? That's all I got on CFL.
Grey Cup is this Sunday. You don’t have a party planned?

You were the featured game last night over here. It was pretty brutal :hug:

It was brutal on this side of the ocean, too. :sad2:

Booked the August trip last night, so we are in St Petes for a week, then Universal for 2 days in the Portofino Bay, and then the Poly for a week. Aug 16 to 31. Have a great day, and get those Brines ready....

Sounds awesome! Can we come?

Are you kidding? We're all taking a 4-day weekend for it.

Morning all. No new snow yet and the forecast has reduced the amount so maybe we will sneak by.

Got the news yesterday that I get to join the colonoscopy club, do you usually plan a party to celebrate that milestone?

Biggest day of the year coming up for us this coming Saturday. Our AGM followed by our annual provincial sport awards, always a great night.

Lets hopw not. Maybe the earlier nasty weather means we will have a mild winter?

Nice start for Declan for sure. How did they hold up physical wise with the college team, that had to be a good test for their development.

He played well all weekend and the last game he seemed to look to shoot more rather than be the play maker so that was nice to see. The college team ran the table on the weekend, beat our boys 97-60. I don't think they were 37 points better but our bigs refused to get physical with them and allowed some easy points in the paint. It was a bit of a surprise because they had watched an earlier game and the college's post player struggled inside when he was bumped a bit. Chalk it up to a learning experience I guess.

Morning compadres from a wintry London. Just watched last night's game, some great plays on both sides of the ball. Booked the August trip last night, so we are in St Petes for a week, then Universal for 2 days in the Portofino Bay, and then the Poly for a week. Aug 16 to 31. Have a great day, and get those Brines ready....

Sounds like a nice vacation.

Seeing as we would all have to crowd round a small laptop to watch it on a moody stream, unfortunately not. Blame those pesky TV schedulers.

Did you get me a room too?
Sure did. Adjoining as requested. I know how you like to wander in for a cheeky cuddle :hug:.

Got the news yesterday that I get to join the colonoscopy club, do you usually plan a party to celebrate that milestone?
Absolutely. We bend over backwards to mark that occasion.

Yes, and the special drink is awesome!

What a great conversation to jump in on for my first one... Mike here - new to this board. Info posted on the welcome page. With the above do not believe them when they tell you the "flavors" will make it taste better :) and almost guaranteed when you are bent over it will be a 25 year old good looking nurse that comes in to prep you. :rotfl2:

What a great conversation to jump in on for my first one... Mike here - new to this board. Info posted on the welcome page. With the above do not believe them when they tell you the "flavors" will make it taste better :) and almost guaranteed when you are bent over it will be a 25 year old good looking nurse that comes in to prep you. :rotfl2:
Welcome Mike! To set your expectations early, this is pretty much the level of the conversation through 1000 pages.

What a great conversation to jump in on for my first one... Mike here - new to this board.
Welcome to the club Mike! Randall will take care of your number. Norm will fill you in on the dues.
Looks like you've got a nice Christmas trip coming up.

Welcome Mike! To set your expectations early, this is pretty much the level of the conversation through 1000 pages.
I can't say it any better than Dan. If you enjoy the ramblings on this page, the previous 1086 are very similar.

I believe there is a bowl involved, but it ain't a party punch bowl.
I have not yet joined that club, but one can always hope.

giphy.gif

I believe there is a bowl involved, but it ain't a party punch bowl.
I have not yet joined that club, but one can always hope.

Just got the call from scheduling, December 21st in the afternoon, the last day before we close for Christmas. Merry Christmas to me!

Booked the August trip last night, so we are in St Petes for a week, then Universal for 2 days in the Portofino Bay, and then the Poly for a week. Aug 16 to 31.

Nice. Sounds like the makings of a pretty good trip.

28 years? I didn’t realize it was that long. Although I’m a very casual observer of either CFL or NFL

Yup. Would you be a more interested observer if Halifax got a team? Not your province, but closer.

Are you kidding? We're all taking a 4-day weekend for it.

:laughing:

Congrats!!

:rolleyes:

Sure did. Adjoining as requested. I know how you like to wander in for a cheeky cuddle :hug:

:lmao:

What a great conversation to jump in on for my first one... Mike here - new to this board. Info posted on the welcome page.

:welcome: to the club.
Believe I saw you on Mark’s or Jeff’s TR.

Don’t believe him! It’s usually not that high-brow.

Would you be a more interested observer if Halifax got a team? Not your province, but closer.
Probably yes. I heard that rumour years ago. I don't know if Halifax would ever get a team. Are there new rumours?

Update: I googled after I typed. Hmmm...that's interesting. But still years away I guess. Halifax Bluenosers?

Probably yes. I heard that rumour years ago. I don't know if Halifax would ever get a team. Are there new rumours?

Update: I googled after I typed. Hmmm...that's interesting. But still years away I guess. Halifax Bluenosers?

Schooners is the name they've used for years. They even send a group to the Grey Cup every year.

Morning all. No new snow yet and the forecast has reduced the amount so maybe we will sneak by.

Well, the procedure itself isn't bad. The prep...well...
not a fun party, but make sure you schedule a nice bathroom for it. Much drinking, but not drunkenness. I'd recommend only inviting your closest friends

Annnnnd just in case you consider me one of you close friends, I can't make it...I'm busy!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter