This video will be removed around 2:00 PM EST.

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I've done 12s. Some were awful. Like... 9 in a row, then 2 days off, then 9 more... Wasn't a fan of that one.
But two 12s, then two 12s (night) then four off was nice.

We have a department that struggled to keep people and they had was working 12s 7 days a week for awhile. They would shut down occasionally for the weekend. I personally like 12s as long as i don't have to work more than 3 in a row.

We have a department that struggled to keep people and they had was working 12s 7 days a week for awhile. They would shut down occasionally for the weekend. I personally like 12s as long as i don't have to work more than 3 in a row.
Yeah, 3-4 is fine. That usually means more days off in between. We were working basically 12s with no days off. Brutal. Did that for a year or so then I asked around and... there was only one guy who wanted it. So we stopped and went to 8s. We still didn't really get days off, but... you had time off in between shifts!

I know a lot of Dad's will be at WDW next week for DDCC, and for those who like to collect free stuff, at Epcot World Showcase the Kidcot stops now have a card per Country that tells about that Country and a sticker. I'm not sure if they still do the Duffy on a paint stick, but I can confirm that the card and sticker are in play, I will be working on getting all of them next trip:magnify:.

A fun Dis Dad challenge would be who can obtain the most Transportation Cards (different ones of course). There are 34 cards total in 4 categories, Bus, Boat (has 3 sub categories) , Monorail & Mini Vans. Now unless you run into a really Awesome Transportation CM this is not as easy as you think:rolleyes1:rotfl2:

Last edited:
Yeah, 3-4 is fine. That usually means more days off in between. We were working basically 12s with no days off. Brutal. Did that for a year or so then I asked around and... there was only one guy who wanted it. So we stopped and went to 8s. We still didn't really get days off, but... you had time off in between shifts!

I wouldn't want to do 12s with no breaks. Our company won't go to 8s became then they would have to hire more people. We have a department that is ahead and went to 8s but they were told that its temporary.

A fun Dis Dad challenge would be who can obtain the most Transportation Cards (different ones of course). There are 34 cards total in 4 categories, Bus, Boat (has 3 sub categories) , Monorail & Mini Vans. Now unless you run into a really Awesome Transportation CM this is not as easy as you think:rolleyes1:rotfl2:

The Dads are accepting challenges next week... for a fee. We will do anything, within reason, legal and won't get us kicked out of the park for donations to Give Kids the World, http://support.gktw.org/site/TR?team_id=6737&fr_id=1761&pg=team. So pony up and we'll do it! ;)

Morning, gents.
Looking like I might get tomorrow off, so for me, this is actually a real Friday.

Gotta work Sunday, so not positive if it counts.

Hope everyone has a good day and an even better tomorrow. I might go skating tonight with the youngest kid. We'll see what happens.

What really hurt was going towards Christmas looking like we was going to be able to shutdown for the day and then learning that we had to recall several days worth of product and would not be shutting down because we are now playing catchup on orders.

Ugh. That really must have been depressing. Sorry, man. :hug:

You realize the Moncton is in NB's snow belt, right?
I didn't know that.
Of course that was a little joke for you NB gents.
On the bright side, it was sunny yesterday here, and today is supposed to be warming up...relatively speaking...to -5C. We might even get rain Sunday or Monday to wash away some of the white stuff.

Looking like I might get tomorrow off, so for me, this is actually a real Friday.
Yay! Are you buying the first round?

Gotta work Sunday, so not positive if it counts.
Boo. Hiss.

I didn't know that.
Of course that was a little joke for you NB gents.
On the bright side, it was sunny yesterday here, and today is supposed to be warming up...relatively speaking...to -5C. We might even get rain Sunday or Monday to wash away some of the white stuff.

I don't think they've had it too bad this year yet. I can remember a couple of years ago sitting in my parents living room and not being able to see the house across the street because of the snow bank in the front yard.

My family made it work. I was just a sleep deprived zombie, wait i always feel like that with a 10 month old who has been cutting molars and doesn't sleep well now.
Oh, man. Been there...

We had a sleep dep course one time and everyone had to write down how many hours in deficit (or not) they were at for the week.
Everyone was like.
"Minus 2"
"Minus 4" (followed by "ooooh" from the crowd)
"Plus 1"
"Minus 2"

Then me... "Minus 15"

Babies.... rest when you can, man.

I don't think they've had it too bad this year yet. I can remember a couple of years ago sitting in my parents living room and not being able to see the house across the street because of the snow bank in the front yard.
That is gods way of telling you don't live here man.

Then me... "Minus 15"
Ouch. I dont think I have ever hit -15 in a week. I have been in the 8-10 range a few times though and it sucks.
My older brother is turning 8's right now where he works (12 on 8 off rinse repeat) so he is probably getting close to that. Especially with his "night" drifting 4 hours up every trip.

But... but... but... I get a whole day off!!!
Whooo!!! Hoo!!!:dancer::banana::dancer::banana:
I'm gonna have one of those Sunday. Its bad when I consider only working 1 of my jobs a day my day off.

Happy Friday. That's all I got.

I think a 3 day work week is enough.
The Dads are accepting challenges next week... for a fee. We will do anything, within reason, legal and won't get us kicked out of the park for donations to Give Kids the World, http://support.gktw.org/site/TR?team_id=6737&fr_id=1761&pg=team. So pony up and we'll do it! ;)

You can try a bit harder than that. What's the fun of doing things "within reason"?

No mate, it was around September/October, it was a 0-0. Sorry buddy.

Oh well. I'll just have to enjoy that one. It will be interesting to see who wins this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter