DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Afternoon everyone from a sunny and pleasant 2C. Heading to the shooting range for some practice. Then back home to take down the Christmas decorations, seems like a popular chore today. Enjoy the weekend.
You could have saved a lot of time by combining those 2 activities....
It might cost you a bit in new decorations though.

I thinking my wife would be upset with holes in the wall. :lmao::lmao:
Just refer to the holes as “structural air
con”. I’m pretty sure that’ll fly ;).

Good luck Darcy and Cliff tonight, I’ve had enough of the Texans/Colts and ESPN’s graphics that look like they came from an 80s video game. You’d think a company that’s owned by Disney could buy in a decent designer. Shutdown time in the Disdads London office.

Evening guys.

Been a busy couple of days, we had our Team NB rally today for the upcoming Canada Games. This is the only time that we have all the athletes, coached and managers together so it is a pretty cool day. We have a team of about 280 and probably about 250 attending today. It's fun to see some of the younger kids who are getting the first look at what a multi-sport games is like. Only 41 days to go.

Watching the football game now, pretty much a defensive battle so far.

Good Morning Dads! FYI, I am leaving to go to #DDCC7 tomorrow night and at the moment I will not be able to log into the DIS from my phone. When I try, I get the message, "User Name Not Found". Weird because here I am using my username from my laptop. I have reached out to DIS support for help and we will see what happens. Just wanted to let you all know.

Good Morning Dads! FYI, I am leaving to go to #DDCC7 tomorrow night and at the moment I will not be able to log into the DIS from my phone. When I try, I get the message, "User Name Not Found". Weird because here I am using my username from my laptop. I have reached out to DIS support for help and we will see what happens. Just wanted to let you all know.
Have a great time Randall!

I had a similar problem on a different site and found out it was something called smart text. It had to do with an apostrophe in my user name.

I'll see you Wednesday.

Morning, gents.

Hope that gets sorted out. Meanwhile, have fun down there!

I know a lot of Dad's will be at WDW next week for DDCC, and for those who like to collect free stuff, at Epcot World Showcase the Kidcot stops now have a card per Country that tells about that Country and a sticker. I'm not sure if they still do the Duffy on a paint stick, but I can confirm that the card and sticker are in play, I will be working on getting all of them next trip:magnify:.

A fun Dis Dad challenge would be who can obtain the most Transportation Cards (different ones of course). There are 34 cards total in 4 categories, Bus, Boat (has 3 sub categories) , Monorail & Mini Vans. Now unless you run into a really Awesome Transportation CM this is not as easy as you think:rolleyes1:rotfl2:
Had I.known you were goimg to so a challenge, I wouldn't have given you the ones when you are here.

I think I have about 18 different ones now. Maybe 20.

Watched enough of the Ravens game to know why I stopped watching the NFL - Instant Replay delays. It's almost as bad as watching the end of college basketball games where everyone plays horse from the free throw line.

Just refer to the holes as “structural air
con”. I’m pretty sure that’ll fly ;).

Great advice there 007. Is her majesty's government providing legal counsel as well? :sad2:

Good luck. We are all counting on you.

Morning (well afternoon) guys from Cali Grill. Here with Adam, Joe and Terry.

Sounds fun. There's a great place to spend a Sunday.

Had I.known you were goimg to so a challenge, I wouldn't have given you the ones when you are here.

I think I have about 18 different ones now. Maybe 20.

Since I'm not going to be there for DDCC it doesn't matter, but you may have blown a shoe in of a win letting everyone know your outstanding lead. I will be there one day for DDCC but probably not for at least 5 or 6 years. ( almost impossible to get off trying to restock after the Holidays)

Last edited:
Morning all...
Have been just a tad busy (which is normal this time of year for me), so I'm a good bit behind the times 'round here.
Hope all y'all are well and looking forward to a better year.

I'm looking at a very different year at the moment.
The business announced that it is selling off the manufacturing arm and as you might imagine, the folks buying it won't be needing all of the support and administration staff going forward. For me that means about a 4-in-5 chance of being unemployed by spring (and therefore potentially homeless by winter). We'll see but the outlook is fairly grim and the available options and not very promising.
So... Happy New Year?

Ehhh, the heck with all that noise.
How about a laugh (with much truth hidden in it)...

View attachment 373314
Oh dude, that sucks.

Praying.

What a freakin day. I'm home and drinking early.

You have a room for me? Transportation? Food? Tickets? Only 4 more years and I'll be there.

Never tell me the odds!!!

Rob, I hope you make it thru. Sadly, these situations are far too common. I feel like I'm hanging by a thread. Prayers for you.
I have a room and food.
Can't do the tickets and transportation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter