• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Happy Wednesday. Time is moving by slow this week. Once Friday gets here, it's sure to speed back up. :sad2:

, I know. Bet against the Saints now and you should do OK :p

Don't bet against the Patriots. They always find a way to cheat to win.

I'm voting for matching My Little Pony tattoos.

Well, there's an idea. Not a good idea, but an idea.

Happy birthday to DD.
My daughter wants a tattoo. I keep telling her they're permanent and just because something seems cool or important now, make sure you might think the same 10/20/30 years from now.
I know too many people that later regret getting them.

I have a tattoo and am not against them. I am against a facial or other similarly exposed tattoo. I wanted a reason to get another one, but always decide against it to save money. Now, there's a reason.

I've sent you an invite mate

I don't think not is really an option now, apart from a second referendum. A more conciliatory way out is probably the best way through, as you have to respect the view of the majority as much as I hated it when it happened as well as now. It was 52/48 for leaving so its not like there is a massive majority to never speak to Europe again. She'll win that vote, the rebels who voted down yesterday are not stupid enough to bring her down, as there will be a massive backlash at the polls.

I had one when I was 22. I made sure you couldn't see it in short sleeve shirts and its part of my history, in that it used to be my nickname when I first started work. I agree with you Doc, I think you really have to be sure about the design.

Works for me buddy ;)

Have a great day chaps

I thought about cracking a joke about what your nickname could have been, but decided if you're going to come stay with me and clean my house, I should probably stay on your good side.

i couldn't say what my nickname was when I was 22...family board after all. :lmao:

Hello Gentleman.

Made it home from DDCC around 2 a.m. this morning. From the time I left Orlando until I landed in Fredericton I had been traveling for about 12 hours, not counting the time from the party house to airport. My route home took me from Orlando to Montreal then to Toronto and finally back to Fredericton.

This was my first DDCC and I had a great time. It was great seeing the guys that are still active here and getting to hang out. And meeting all the other guys was pretty cool as well, I mean how often can you be standing in front of Cirque de Soleil 3 hours after landing and get a message from two guys you have never met in person saying we are on our way to get you. It is certainly something I want to do again.

So what did I miss? Anything important?

I mean how often can you be standing in front of Cirque de Soleil 3 hours after landing and get a message from two guys you have never met in person saying we are on our way to get you.

read that as you got a massage from two guys you have never met in prison.

It is certainly something I want to do again.

Glad there was a happy ending.

Oldest dd turned 17 today. I got her some roses and peanut butter cups. I asked her what she wanted her birthday - thinking cash - and she said a tattoo. Father/ daughter tattoo moment? Hmmm....
Happy birthday to DD.
My DD got a small tattoo on her ankle when she graduated high school (a bunch of her friends did too). I'm not against tattoos, at least not the more hidden ones, but I wasn't that enthused she decided to get one. She was 18 at the time so I didn't have much say.

My daughter wants a tattoo. I keep telling her they're permanent and just because something seems cool or important now, make sure you might think the same 10/20/30 years from now.
I know too many people that later regret getting them.
That's the reason I would rather DD didn't get one. Choices made when you're 18 aren't always choices you would make at 40. But hers is a small heart on her ankle, so not much to get bothered about.

This was my first DDCC and I had a great time. It was great seeing the guys that are still active here and getting to hang out. And meeting all the other guys was pretty cool as well, I mean how often can you be standing in front of Cirque de Soleil 3 hours after landing and get a message from two guys you have never met in person saying we are on our way to get you. It is certainly something I want to do again.
It looks like you guys had a great time. I would love to get to a DDCC someday. Not sure it will ever happen. But I can keep hoping.

Guys.Trting to type this on my phone, so forgive me if there are typos..the auto correct on my phone should be auto screwup instead...

I realize everyone's circumstances (screwup tried to make that circus dances) are different and vacation plans are difficult at times, but I cannot continue without strongly encouraging y'all to try to make DDCC8 if you can.

It was fantastic meeting Darcy, Mike and Randall after chatting here. It was also great meeting some of the others who for whatever reason aren't on here.

While not everyone had the same agenda or did the same things, that was part of the beauty if it...it was said many times this is your vacation, do what you want to do. Many times we were able to sync up with the group, other times it was a group of 5 or 6 or even 2.

I cannot stress enough how much I enjoyed being able to do Disney with a group of dads. While we don't all think, feel or act the same, it was the common brotherhood that was fantastic.

I hope to see all of you at DDCC8!

Happy birthday to DD.
My DD got a small tattoo on her ankle when she graduated high school (a bunch of her friends did too). I'm not against tattoos, at least not the more hidden ones, but I wasn't that enthused she decided to get one. She was 18 at the time so I didn't have much say.

That's the reason I would rather DD didn't get one. Choices made when you're 18 aren't always choices you would make at 40. But hers is a small heart on her ankle, so not much to get bothered about.

It looks like you guys had a great time. I would love to get to a DDCC someday. Not sure it will ever happen. But I can keep hoping.
Don't get me wrong guys...

I don't dislike tattoos(well for myself yes)

I just know quite a good bit of people who got tattoos and later regretted it so I'm trying to simply trying temper my daughter's youthful exuberance so she doesn't end up being another

Sorry if I came across otherwise

I also laugh when I think about tattoos...
My son got one that was supposed to be a dollar sign and ended up looking like a treble clef. He had people asking him all the time what instrument he played.

Oldest dd turned 17 today. I got her some roses and peanut butter cups. I asked her what she wanted her birthday - thinking cash - and she said a tattoo. Father/ daughter tattoo moment? Hmmm....
Happy birthday to DD! She's almost a legal adult, lord help you LOL! A couple of Disney tattoos might be good
Morning guys.

This was what I was talking about earlier. Everyone knew she would lose that, and she will win the vote of no confidence today. Which means we are back where we started. With about 2 months before we crash out of the biggest trading bloc in the world.

It really is a complete Buggers muddle. They’ve had almost 3 years to sort it out, and they are trying to stuff it all through in the last 10 minutes.
Thanks for making us over here look juts a bit less stupid, just a bit, not much but it does help........
Guys.Trting to type this on my phone, so forgive me if there are typos..the auto correct on my phone should be auto screwup instead...

I realize everyone's circumstances (screwup tried to make that circus dances) are different and vacation plans are difficult at times, but I cannot continue without strongly encouraging y'all to try to make DDCC8 if you can.

It was fantastic meeting Darcy, Mike and Randall after chatting here. It was also great meeting some of the others who for whatever reason aren't on here.

While not everyone had the same agenda or did the same things, that was part of the beauty if it...it was said many times this is your vacation, do what you want to do. Many times we were able to sync up with the group, other times it was a group of 5 or 6 or even 2.

I cannot stress enough how much I enjoyed being able to do Disney with a group of dads. While we don't all think, feel or act the same, it was the common brotherhood that was fantastic.

Could not have said it better DOC.

So what did I miss? Anything important?

Just us making fun of you at the Indiana Jones show.

Sparkly unicorns?

I suggested the shield of Captain America.

Glad there was a happy ending.

Maybe I need to go to a ddcc. I didn't know there was a happy ending. Hopefully, there is a deflowered princess option with that one.

Happy birthday to DD.

You can always say it. Then, you can say "I told you so later".

Well said. Sadly enough, it's still a ddcc 12 for me. One of these days.

I just know quite a good bit of people who got tattoos and later regretted it so I'm trying to simply trying temper my daughter's youthful exuberance so she doesn't end up being another

No need to apologize, as that's the purpose of these boards. I've debated letting her get a tattoo. I've not regretted it. I'd get a bunch more if they were slimming.

Happy birthday to DD! She's almost a legal adult, lord help you LOL! A couple of Disney tattoos might be good

She's considering Cinderella's castle or the house from Up with the balloons. Both are terrific choices.

My son got one that was supposed to be a dollar sign and ended up looking like a treble clef. He had people asking him all the time what instrument he played.

Well I'm glad you refrained from mentioning mine while we were at DDCC. ;)

Evening chaps. A bit sore after 3 hours of tennis today, but the achilles came through with no issues. Good stuff.

Maybe I need to go to a ddcc. I didn't know there was a happy ending. Hopefully, there is a deflowered princess option with that one.
I'm in. And I think you know what I mean.
I thought about cracking a joke about what your nickname could have been, but decided if you're going to come stay with me and clean my house, I should probably stay on your good side
It was the name of a rap band (as that was my area of expertise when I ran record shops) and rhymes with my name.
No need to apologize, as that's the purpose of these boards.
This.
That sir, is comedy gold.
Yep, me too.
I find that comment strangely deflating.
Ah, ya just goin' soft on us.
Oldest dd turned 17 today.
Happy belated to birthday to the older young'un.

Hmmm...can't decide if you're serious or messing with me.

If you're serious, again, I'm not against them. It's your body...if you want it, okay.

If you're messing with me, I'm puzzled.

I see the smiley face or wink, but I'm confused. Am I the brunt of the joke AGAIN??? :lmao:

I suggested the shield of Captain America.

Didja get a nice "roll eyes" reaction?

How about a partially flowered one?

She's considering Cinderella's castle or the house from Up with the balloons. Both are terrific choices.

Not bad. But...

Man, I dunno. Just not for me. I don't see myself liking anything that much that I want it permanently on me.

Evening chaps. A bit sore after 3 hours of tennis today, but the achilles came through with no issues. Good stuff.

Good to hear!

<sigh... unfortunately>… that's what she said.

Well gang, the wife goes back to work this Friday! She's been a stay at home mom since our son was born December of 2017. Right now it's just part time retail, mostly in the evenings. I'm kinda nervous to be taking back over some days, but to be honest the kid and I will probably have too much fun and not do enough chores. I know I can take care of him OK, but my work is really demanding and it's going to be tough to disconnect.

At the same time, I'm really looking forward to having a reason to disconnect. I can work from home and usually do since we live in Atlanta, making my commute anywhere between 25 mins and an hour and a half. That's mostly good, but I often find myself catching up on things during evenings.

<sigh... unfortunately>… that's what she said.

giphy.gif

I do like those ideas. It would look very cool. But...
Man, I dunno. Just not for me. I don't see myself liking anything that much that I want it permanently on me.
...my personal thinking is the same. There's stuff I like. I just can't imagine having it permanently emblazoned on my body.

Hmmm...can't decide if you're serious or messing with me.

If you're serious, again, I'm not against them. It's your body...if you want it, okay.

If you're messing with me, I'm puzzled.

I see the smiley face or wink, but I'm confused. Am I the brunt of the joke AGAIN??? :lmao:
Darcy is just embarrassed to admit where his tattoo is #trampstamp

Well gang, the wife goes back to work this Friday! She's been a stay at home mom since our son was born December of 2017. Right now it's just part time retail, mostly in the evenings. I'm kinda nervous to be taking back over some days, but to be honest the kid and I will probably have too much fun and not do enough chores. I know I can take care of him OK, but my work is really demanding and it's going to be tough to disconnect.

At the same time, I'm really looking forward to having a reason to disconnect. I can work from home and usually do since we live in Atlanta, making my commute anywhere between 25 mins and an hour and a half. That's mostly good, but I often find myself catching up on things during evenings.
Where in the Atlanta area? I just moved to Orlando from Marietta.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter