DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

We flew the smaller airline into Sanford and rented a car. It may have been the same price if we had flown a larger airline into MCO. However, it is a 2 hour drive to Louisville or Nashville to catch a flight to MCO.
Flying from Canada to the US is expensive anyway.
I have heard about these awesome low fares some people get flying within the US, like "I got a ticket from New York to Orlando for $100 on Southwest" and the like. Is that a rarity or does it actually happen often?

And to finish off the Monday, seized engine!! Beverley!!

Need to get all our paperwork together so it can be submitted to Hyundai. So how long should this take I ask? About a month she says!

Beverley!!
Beverley for sure!
I hope you can get it sorted out. If it's on warranty, I suppose they will at least give you a loaner?

I have heard about these awesome low fares some people get flying within the US, like "I got a ticket from New York to Orlando for $100 on Southwest" and the like. Is that a rarity or does it actually happen often?

Occasionally, you can find great rates like that. It used to be more common on Southwest and some of the other discount carriers. Now they've shifted more to a supply-and-demand pricing model. So you can get a great rate, but your flight will arrive at 2:00 a.m. or leaves at 5:00 a.m. The flights at more convenient times are generally more expensive. So you have to work harder to find good deals than you used to.

Well there may be some light at the end of the tunnel. Still trying to track down oil change records but the service adviser said that just get what we can, they are usually pretty good and the mileage isn't that high on the vehicle. They also said they would provide a loaner in a day or two as the warranty only covers a rental for 5 days and they try to save that for when they actually receive the new engine.

Since Dan's offsite, I'm calling it. Ok, work week over, everyone... Wait... What?!? Tuesday?!? :scared1:

66078808.jpg

All the best sorting out that engine. Beverley! (I presume that's a reference to a bitter situation?) Sorry Dads, it's been too long since I lurked around these parts, I gotta ask some stupid questions to get up to speed! :snail:

Beverly is one of our official DISDad curse words. To be used on this family-friendly board in place of the word you actually want to say. And yes, taken from the bitter taste and the desire to utter profanity when you drink it.

Beverley for sure!
I hope you can get it sorted out. If it's on warranty, I suppose they will at least give you a loaner?
I've never been successful in finding this amazing fares. The exception is spirit or frontier, but then they grape (minus the g) you with additional fees if you carry anything larger than a wallet. Okay, not quite that bad, but close...you can have a backpack, but any actual luggage is $50+ each. Or to actually get an assigned seats...more money.
I use to love flying, but now it's more like Disney...if they can figure a way to charge you, they will.

I've never been successful in finding this amazing fares. The exception is spirit or frontier, but then they grape (minus the g) you with additional fees if you carry anything larger than a wallet. Okay, not quite that bad, but close...you can have a backpack, but any actual luggage is $50+ each. Or to actually get an assigned seats...more money.
I use to love flying, but now it's more like Disney...if they can figure a way to charge you, they will.
Sounds much like the Canadian airlines, especially Air Canada. By a ticket for $700...oh, you actually wanted a seat to sit in?...another $25...oh, you wanted to take more than 1 clean pair of underwear on this trip?...checked bag fee $25. Although it may have gone to $35 now...I can't keep up. And food?...forget it

All the best sorting out that engine. Beverley! (I presume that's a reference to a bitter situation?) Sorry Dads, it's been too long since I lurked around these parts, I gotta ask some stupid questions to get up to speed! :snail:

Also, you may see "Peanut Butter" used as an expletive. That was a story from another disdad that was working on his car, something slipped out of his hand, and swore, within earshot of his child. The mom was present, and said "Peanut Butter" even louder, and then the dad said "Peanut Butter" even louder than that. as such, the child then said Peanut Butter.

Welcome, by the way, back to the boards. I'm not a consistent contributor anymore, but still poke my head in from time-to-time. Usually as a trip is approaching.

Sorry about the engine seizing up. That sucks.
Happy Tuesday, everybody!
boB

Sounds much like the Canadian airlines, especially Air Canada. By a ticket for $700...oh, you actually wanted a seat to sit in?...another $25...oh, you wanted to take more than 1 clean pair of underwear on this trip?...checked bag fee $25. Although it may have gone to $35 now...I can't keep up. And food?...forget it

Come on now AC isn't that bad. Depending on the level of fare you purchase you can get your seat and bags included. I've had a lot more success flying AC than Westjet or Porter for domestic flights.

When we travel south we usually drive to Portland Maine to get flights. We can still find flights on Southwest or Jetblue for about $150 to $200 one way to Orlando or Fort Lauderdale. The best we ever had out of Portland was about $900 return for 3 people. Those are US dollars.

Our best deal was about 10 years ago flying Delta out of Bangor for $180 return each.

Come on now AC isn't that bad. Depending on the level of fare you purchase you can get your seat and bags included. I've had a lot more success flying AC than Westjet or Porter for domestic flights.

When we travel south we usually drive to Portland Maine to get flights. We can still find flights on Southwest or Jetblue for about $150 to $200 one way to Orlando or Fort Lauderdale. The best we ever had out of Portland was about $900 return for 3 people. Those are US dollars.

Our best deal was about 10 years ago flying Delta out of Bangor for $180 return each.

Let's not forget that a huge part of our flight costs in Canada are the airport facility charges, which we used to be able to blame on the Feds, but not anymore. Man shakes fist at cloud!
old.jpg

Happy Tuesday.

Need to get all our paperwork together so it can be submitted to Hyundai. So how long should this take I ask? About a month she says!

Beverley!!

That stinks. Hope it gets resolved quickly.

Sorry, Darcy. Can they at least give you a Ferrari as a loaner?

Well, it is Canada.

?

As for the flights, it also depends on airports. We have a small airport here that only has flights to Sanford, FL 2 days a week most of the year. And, there is also a flight to St. Louis on a propeller plane. Now, we have a runway to land AirForce 1 and many private planes. So yes, we get some cheap flights.

Since Dan's offsite, I'm calling it. Ok, work week over, everyone... Wait... What?!? Tuesday?!? :scared1:

I think the work week should only be two days long.

Named after the free coke drink at Epcot. Never drank it. Never will.

Today we break into the double digits: our Disney Trip is only 99 days away!!!!

Plus, I have today off. It's a good day.

(still 24 days 'til we tell the kids...just want to tell them now and be done with the secrets....alas.)

TL

Double digits is closer than me.

Beverley!!

Hope they get it fixed quick. With the price of a motor and the labor and all the other stuff they will probably need, they should just swap it out and give you a new one, they can fix it when they have spare time then sell it as a refurb:confused3. In the long run it would benefit them, no one wants to wait a month (it only took a second to break) they should say we can have you in a new car in a couple days:car:. Great customer service equals happy:teeth: and more customers:teacher:. Oh wait that kinda makes sense never mind scrap that thought:rolleyes1

Got a shipment of Mickey Ice Cream Bars the other day :mickeybar, I'm sure some of you might have seen them in stores by now, according to the invoice it's a Limited Time item.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter