DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I was chatting to one of my colleagues on one the teams I work with in Cape Cod, is that the Nor Easter she was talking about?

That was last week. Last week's nor'easter was a long one, three days I think, but today's is just a short little rain storm that blew in last night. Didn't even know it was supposed to rain last night until I heard the rain on my bathroom skylight.

Made it to another Monday.

To quote the Bangles...

Just another manic Monday.

Can we start a petition to ban Mondays? ;)

Why are you quoting the Bangles?

I'm all for eliminating Mondays and Tuesdays, and just go with a 3 day work week.

Ok, a little rant here: I know I'm only a temp, but you'd think they'd introduce me to the new boss of my department. The new boss started today, and no one thought to introduce him to me. You'd think I was the hired help. Oh wait.... :teeth: :rotfl2:

Look at it this way. If the boss doesn't know who you are, then they can't assign you work.

To quote the Bangles...

Just another manic Monday.

Why? It's a holiday?
Foggy morning here but I'm not working so that's good.
I am... but since it's a holiday, at least 1. It's pretty quiet. 2. I'm getting time and a half to be here.
Ok, a little rant here: I know I'm only a temp, but you'd think they'd introduce me to the new boss of my department. The new boss started today, and no one thought to introduce him to me. You'd think I was the hired help. Oh wait.... :teeth: :rotfl2:
Is today your last day?

Are you sure it's not your last day?

:rolleyes1
I'm all for eliminating Mondays and Tuesdays, and just go with a 3 day work week.
Let's see... if we eliminated Monday to Friday, the weekends would become meaningless... so we need to keep something. I vote we keep hump day... and Friday. Everyone's always happy when it's Friday.

Real life update.

DW and I are considering buying a different house.
Why, you might ask. (You might not).

I kinda rushed into this house because I didn't want to pay ridiculous amounts of rent.
DW wants a pool and to put in a pool would cost ~100K
DW wants gas for cooking. Probably another ~15K
Even though we have the same space we had in our house in GA, we don't have a full basement or a 12'x20' shed.
In other words, even though we downsized, we still have too much carp.
The church we found and like is on the other side of the nature preserve, so it's a 30 minute drive regardless of which way we go around.

So, all of these combined have made us start looking at other options.

Real life update.

I kinda rushed into this house because I didn't want to pay ridiculous amounts of rent.
Even though we have the same space we had in our house in GA, we don't have a full basement or a 12'x20' shed.
The church we found and like is on the other side of the nature preserve, so it's a 30 minute drive regardless of which way we go around.

I can help you out with the pool - https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/14x42-...HH2xLhk_Qd72LFPNtKDO4tcXLO1G2_vkaAm2cEALw_wcB

On sale and the price is Cdn!

Real life update.

Good luck mate. When you move in the UK you have to pay a tax called stamp duty, which is designed to keep the Upper Classes in the Upper Class and keep the nasty new money oiks out of property. It runs at about 2.5 - 5%. Put that up against house prices in London, it’s eye watering...

Real life update.

Good luck. We're all counting on you.

I just hope you find a better underwriter this time!

Good luck mate. When you move in the UK you have to pay a tax called stamp duty, which is designed to keep the Upper Classes in the Upper Class and keep the nasty new money oiks out of property. It runs at about 2.5 - 5%. Put that up against house prices in London, it’s eye watering...

We have a county transfer tax, ostensibly to pay for the crushing paperwork of transferring the name on the deed from one owner to the next. Sounds like the same thing.

We have all kinds of fees...everybody has their hand in the pot. Taxes, title fees, attorney fees, realtor fees, and on and on. On our house in GA, the realtor's fees alone were 5.6% of the sale price of the house.

We have a county transfer tax, ostensibly to pay for the crushing paperwork of transferring the name on the deed from one owner to the next. Sounds like the same thing.
It's ridiculous. Even if I refinance, they want to charge all those fees again. The property isn't changing ownership, just a lower interest rate, but still charge an arm and a leg.

Been away from this thread for a few weeks. Did I miss anything noteworthy?
Good to have you back @pkondz
You haven't missed much. Besides the usual intellectual banter.

Seconded.
We have a motion on the floor to ban Mondays, and it has been seconded. All in favor of banning Mondays, signify by saying "Aye" :teeth:
AYE!

Ohh...even better!

Let's see... if we eliminated Monday to Friday, the weekends would become meaningless... so we need to keep something. I vote we keep hump day... and Friday. Everyone's always happy when it's Friday.
Better still! Hump day and Friday...what a week!

Happy wife, happy life.
Good luck with the house hunting.

We have all kinds of fees...everybody has their hand in the pot. Taxes, title fees, attorney fees, realtor fees, and on and on. On our house in GA, the realtor's fees alone were 5.6% of the sale price of the house.
If I remember correctly, the various fees took up one full page of the lawyer's paperwork last time I bought a house.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter