DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Yes, I feel great. Apparently, Keto changes the body to burn fat instead of glucose for energy. I have a lot of fat. I moved furniture in the house and only needed a break for pain in my knee.
Yep, and the reason you feel better....you don't have the sugar rush and sugar crash most people experience throughout the day when eating carbs. Carbs raise your glucose level and you like it. Then your glucose level goes back down and your body doesn't like it and craves more carbs and it's a vicious cycle throughout the day. With keto, your body is steadily breaking down the fat for energy, so blood glucose and energy levels stay consistent throughout the day.

I said Brett was the ugly one with no hair. I'm the pretty one.
Keep telling yourself that, buddy. :laughing:

I tried a dirt bike once and can drive a manual transmission car. But, I've just never had the opportunity to drive a motorcycle. They look fun.
If you come down, I can teach you. I used to be a motorcycle safety instructor and have taught many a person.

Gentlemen...

Yeah, I know, poor choice of words...

I think I've tried to avoid the rest of the world long enough (especially as attempting to do so is neigh on to futile in the first place). That said, the best place to get back into the swing of dealing with other lunatics has to be amongst folks that are just as busted as I am. Don't think any single group would qualify for that title near as a well as a bunch of dads that are Disney fanatics (and also nutty enough to still be posting on an "antique" message board).

Hope all y'all are well; hope to get to know some of the newer voices a bit better; and looking forward to getting back into the conversation. now then...

Pass the rum.

Last edited:
Afternoon from foggy Halifax Stanfield International Airport. On may way to Ottawa and in order to get there at a reasonable time I needed to fly east before going west, good times.

Have a good one all.

Gentlemen...

I think I've tried to avoid the rest of the world long enough (especially as attempting to do so is neigh on to futile in the first place). That said, the best place to get back into the swing of dealing with other lunatics has to be amongst folks that are just as busted as I am. Don't think any single group would qualify for that title near as a well as a bunch of dads that are Disney fanatics (and also nutty enough to still be posting on an "antique" message board).

Hope all y'all are well; hope to get to know some of the newer voices a bit better; and looking forward to getting back into the conversation. now then...

Pass the rum.

:welcome: WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #469!

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.​

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.​
Nice...
Had to go look that one up, ehhh?

How ya' doing Randall.

Gentlemen...

Pass the rum.
Well, hi there stranger. :)
Nice "seeing" you again.

Stop doing that! :laughing:

Good to have you back Rob!!

Afternoon from foggy Halifax Stanfield International Airport. On may way to Ottawa and in order to get there at a reasonable time I needed to fly east before going west, good times.
That sucks. I remember having to fly from Atlanta to Virginia via Chicago. And although I'm a Cubbies fan, flying to O'hare is anything but pleasant.

Good morning, Dads! Beautiful morning here on Cape Cod and a beautiful day all around. Inventory is almost done. Counting ended on Tuesday, and yesterday and today will be the clean up, finishing up on counting any items that didn't make it onto the list for counting. Should be back to production by Friday afternoon. Hope everyone has a good day.

Morning, folks.
Coldest morning yet this fall... and I don't like it!

I need to find ways to encourage people to contribute to global warming more.

Next time you're here, we can do together if you'd like. Definitely don't need to go all the way to key West.
I'm thinking I need a do-over on Key West. Suspect I only scratched the surface.

Morning gents. It's not quite Friday but I need a pick me up to get me through this week. I was flipping through some old pictures and thought this was funny. I may have posted a long time ago, but still good for a laugh.

I think we're tired of voting right now. The party that forces an early election (at least right now) will be a big loser at the polls. I think so, anyway.
After I went through a provincial election in September and the federal in October, I am definitely ready for the voting to stop for a while.
I think you may be right about whatever party forces an early election. Hopefully they all get along and actually make some effective decisions for a while.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I'm not going back to the theater for another Star Wars movie until they make a good one. The Force Awakens was just a remake of New Hope with a big planet death star. The Last Jedi was just beyond horrific.
I'll still see it in theatres. But I definitely see your point. I am excited after seeing the trailer, but there are a couple scenes that look like Rey is running through the Ewok's tree houses on Endor (well, technically the forest moon of Endor, but do I really want to admit I am that much of a Star Wars geek). I feel Abrams may do a similar rehash of Return of the Jedi.

Gentlemen...

Pass the rum.
Nice to hear from you Rob.
There's always time for rum.

That route sounds pretty typical, especially for those of us in the East. When I used to fly overseas, I had to fly 3.5 hours to Toronto first and then back to London. I ended up pretty much directly overhead my house about 8 hours after I left.

Coldest morning yet this fall... and I don't like it!
It's been getting colder here. Only a couple mornings with frost and only used the scraper on the car window once, but winter is coming....

:laughing: Nice one.
After I went through a provincial election in September and the federal in October,
We did the same here.
Hopefully they all get along and actually make some effective decisions for a while.
:lmao:

Oh! You were serious. Sorry.
Only a couple mornings with frost and only used the scraper on the car window once, but winter is coming....
Yeah... used my scraper too. Too soon!!!

'Morning all...

Thanks for the various welcomes, guys.
I'll be trying a bit harder to stay engaged over here. Shutting the rest of the world out just doesn't work, so It's better to make yourself deal with it.

Much has changed in the last six month, but much still remains uncertain.
It's that looming and unending "unknown" that causes the most issues.

glad to see you're alive. 😉 D
Depression still has a very large say in my day to day existence, but on the up side, I haven't been blue to quite that particular extent for quite some time (and may that trend continue).

Ahhh, the perils of literal interpretation...

That one could also get your name added to a database or two that ya' don't want to be havein' any part of.

Alcohol: the cause and solution to all of life's problems.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I'm not going back to the theater for another Star Wars movie until they make a good one. The Force Awakens was just a remake of New Hope with a big planet death star. The Last Jedi was just beyond horrific.
The only one, besides the original 3 I actually liked was rogue one. I had real problems with it being essentially the SAME story line, but different characters. The only part about the last Jedi I liked was when Luke battled Kylo from however far away...that was pretty good. I will probably go see it with my brother, because he's a) easier to please than I am or b) he's more optimistic it will be good or c) he's a bigger star wars nut than me.

Morning gents. It's not quite Friday but I need a pick me up to get me through this week. I was flipping through some old pictures and thought this was funny. I may have posted a long time ago, but still good for a laugh.

I had not seen that before or if I had, don't recall. Nice!!!! :rotfl2: :lmao:

I'll still see it in theatres. But I definitely see your point. I am excited after seeing the trailer, but there are a couple scenes that look like Rey is running through the Ewok's tree houses on Endor (well, technically the forest moon of Endor, but do I really want to admit I am that much of a Star Wars geek). I feel Abrams may do a similar rehash of Return of the Jedi.
As mentioned above, not excited, but will probably see. Personally, I'd rather wait until it comes out on DVD (or even better netflix), but my brother wants to see it, so I'll go with him. I've been debating whether I wanted to do the new disney streaming offering and to be honest, if I do it, it will be for the Disney movies not the star wars ones. I already own the ones I like on DVD, so no real point.

Except when there isn't (like if you're getting pulled over by the police...not a good time)

It's been getting colder here. Only a couple mornings with frost and only used the scraper on the car window once, but winter is coming....
It's been getting colder here, but I sympathize with you. Wish several of you could move down here and be neighbors. :sad2:

Yeah... used my scraper too. Too soon!!!
Yep, way too soon. See above comment.

Much has changed in the last six month, but much still remains uncertain.
It's that looming and unending "unknown" that causes the most issues.
Yes, not knowing what's going to happen sucks. Will continue praying for you buddy.

Depression still has a very large say in my day to day existence, but on the up side, I haven't been blue to quite that particular extent for quite some time (and may that trend continue).
Dude, please, please, please don't go that route...you weren't here, so you don't know. My daughter took her own life in July and, well, no easy way to say this...

I'm kinda mad at her. Why she felt that was the only option is beyond me and the extreme devastation she left behind and the number of broken hearts, well, I feel it was selfish. She left two young boys without a mother and brothers, sisters, parents, friends whose hearts are broken and miss her dearly. You may possibly think it helps, but it hurts people more than you could ever know.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter