DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Is the new place's pool glassed in or screened in? Kitchen looks bigger too? Nice tub for soaking. Have room for the pool table?
Screened. Keeps the bugs out, while still allowing breeze through and more importantly...preventing hurricane force winds from demolishing it. Kitchen is bigger and granite counter tops, which is nice. I think the tub is about the same. Questionable on pool table. Possibly, but it's also possible with the pool, it may be less utilized (many times ends up as catch all anyway). It's also possible, we can put it on the lanai.

View attachment 486284
TekMickey is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Our normal Zoom meeting starts too late for many.
So this is your chance to participate during the day in the US and evening for UK. Jump any anytime you can and join the chat. You don't have to have a Zoom account but it does require you to install a Zoom app. Either on your PC or on your Mobile device. Just click "Join Meeting" and enter the meeting ID listed below.

Topic: DisDads Zoom with fellas in the UK
Time: Apr 11, 2020 - 4 hours
02:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
03:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
08:00 PM London Time (UK)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/772994878?pwd=MTU4THBicm1Da1JBd0JjbTNvejUvQT09

Meeting ID: 772 994 878
Password: 2319

Thank you Duncle Joe!

View attachment 486284

So this is your chance to participate during the day in the US and evening for UK. Jump any anytime you can and join the chat. You don't have to have a Zoom account but it does require you to install a Zoom app. Either on your PC or on your Mobile device. Just click "Join Meeting" and enter the meeting ID listed below.

Join Zoom Meeting

Atlantic time? ;)

Atlantic time? ;)
hahaha no :: WRALSportsFan.com

Screened. Keeps the bugs out, while still allowing breeze through and more importantly...preventing hurricane force winds from demolishing it.
Ah! I never think of wind. Don't get too many hurricanes up here.
Questionable on pool table. Possibly, but it's also possible with the pool, it may be less utilized (many times ends up as catch all anyway). It's also possible, we can put it on the lanai.
That boggles my mind too. Pool table... outdoors??? How?
Right... Florida.

Morning chaps from the mother country.

Praying for peace, Dan. And, yes you are, please stop now.
Sorry to hear Dan, this is always tough probably tougher now.
Dan. Having lost my daughter last year, I know there are no words that can help or take away the loss, but just know my prayers go out to you and both families. If you would like to talk, give me a shout...pretty sure my mobile plan allows calls to the UK without additional cost. I'm sad and I'm sorry doesn't cover what I'm feeling for you, but for lack of better words, they will have to suffice. :sad:
So sorry, man. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and all friends.
Oh, man. That's terrible news. I'm sorry for their loss of a father and husband and sorry for your loss of a dear friend. My condolences, Dan.
Very sad to hear of this Dan. Thoughts go out to you and his family, way too young.
Man. I'm so sorry, Dan. I'm devastated for you.

Thanks guys for all of these. That one really hit home. Again, we can't be of any practical help or attend the funeral (these are now restricted to 10), so we are planning to remember him when all this shizzle is over.
Wife and I are making an offer on a new house today.
Nice house buddy. Gotta love a lanai in FL. Good luck on the offer. Surely the RE market is tanking a bit, did you lowball?
So this is your chance to participate during the day in the US and evening for UK
Wait, what? We let English people in here? Is that what we fought the War of Independence for? Is that Jefferson I hear spinning in his grave? This place clearly has no standards.
You have to buy it. It has a Bills logo on the freezer.
Also, you can sit inside and recreate the in-stadium temperature at New Era in January. Nice touch.
A stout isn't an all day drinking choice, not even in my younger days
But Guinness is a very good go to if you are watching an all dayer, like cricket or a long one at football. I find you have less need to visit the boys room.

Have a good day y'all.

Last edited:
Morning All.

Another day working from home. Trying to get a newsletter out to all our members to direct them to resources that could help them through this new sport landscape. Both levels of government have been trying to put programs in place to help so we've got that going for us.

They've started fining people who are not following the social distancing guidelines so hopefully it will cut down on the people getting together in large groups.

People in our little neck of the woods have been trying to do things to their houses to put a smile on people's faces. Declan and his girlfriend took on this little project last night at our place.

Have a good one all!

Nice house buddy. Gotta love a lanai in FL. Good luck on the offer. Surely the RE market is tanking a bit, did you lowball?
We tried...they countered...not the best. On the other hand, when we consider what we paid for this house and what it would cost to add a pool and what it would cost to add gas/gas stove and what it would cost to add a shed for storage and this has 4x the land and 3 car garage, it's still a decent price...just not as good as we'd hoped.

Wait, what? We let English people in here? Is that what we fought the War of Independence for? Is that Jefferson I hear spinning in his grave? This place clearly has no standards.
We clearly don't...we let @pkondz in.
:rotfl2:

Also, you can sit inside and recreate the in-stadium temperature at New Era in January. Nice touch.
Ummm....no....not just no, but h*ll no!!

Of course not. They let me in.
See?
:lmao:

Here is another Zoom meet up for tomorrow night. This makes 3 for this week. Tomorrow night, Saturday at 2 pm and then another at 8:30 pm. Hope to see you there.

For the Dads that have commitments on the weekends

Topic: Thursday Hangout
Time: Apr 9, 2020
09:30 PM Eastern
08:30 PM Central
07:30 PM Mountain
06:30 PM Pacific

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/272229903?pwd=WGdnbnZsOXVJRU5DQ3hZVU1XdU0rZz09

Meeting ID: 272 229 903
Password: 046302

One tap mobile
+17207072699,,272229903# US (Denver)
+13462487799,,272229903# US (Houston)

Dial by your location
+1 720 707 2699 US (Denver)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 301 715 8592 US
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US
Meeting ID: 272 229 903
Password: 046302
Find your local number: https://us04web.zoom.us/u/fbb1lvQhz4

Wife and I are making an offer on a new house today. She's been unhappy with current house because it doesn't have a pool and she doesn't like the heat in the summer. Also, it has no gas cooking. If you're inclined (or even care), we're looking at this: https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/5500-Edgerton-Ave_Orlando_FL_32833_M50035-94593

Looks like a nice place. I especially liked the kitchen.

Cool! Nice to have a different view during quarantine.

Not sure if I mentioned it here, but be very cautious and skeptical of any emails or web pages when referencing covid-19. A lot of *ssholes (and that's very strong language for me) out there trying to prey on peoples emotions. https://www.us-cert.gov/ncas/alerts/aa20-099a
People are just scum. Some people, of course, not all.
And what you describe isn't all.
I have an acquaintance who worked for a large firm. Like many businesses, they have a lot of people working from home. Setting them up is a rather large undertaking in itself. The company got hacked, not sure how, but I'd guess because of the vast amount of people logging in to their business who have access. How hard would it be to call up a swamped IT department and say "I can't log in!"

People in our little neck of the woods have been trying to do things to their houses to put a smile on people's faces. Declan and his girlfriend took on this little project last night at our place.
That's lovely. How have they done it? Crayon? I might get the kids on that.

We did Italy in the eating round the world challenge last night, so we had Chicken Milanese with Gelato, in Pinocchios Palace

Lady K managed to pick up real italian Gelato, called Grom. If you see it, buy it. It's fantastic.

Between this and the FB stuff, you've probably seen enough of my kids.

We clearly don't...we let @pkondz in.
I thought he'd just snuck in under some "essential worker" loophole.
We tried...they countered...not the best. On the other hand, when we consider what we paid for this house and what it would cost to add a pool and what it would cost to add gas/gas stove and what it would cost to add a shed for storage and this has 4x the land and 3 car garage, it's still a decent price...just not as good as we'd hoped.
I think thats a great way to look at it. If you're willing to pay what they ask.....it's a good deal. And don't let anyone tell ya different.
Here is another Zoom meet up for tomorrow night.
I'll be there in my nightcap and slippers.

Top O the Morning Dads! Not much new just trying to make the best of things. All stay safe and hang in there.
Morning All.

Another day working from home. Trying to get a newsletter out to all our members to direct them to resources that could help them through this new sport landscape. Both levels of government have been trying to put programs in place to help so we've got that going for us.

They've started fining people who are not following the social distancing guidelines so hopefully it will cut down on the people getting together in large groups.

View attachment 486378

Have a good one all!
Very Cool

View attachment 486284

Join Zoom Meeting

Wish I could. It would be an appropriate time to open up an Oatmeal Stout, but I'm tied up with a work Zoom on how to be a beekeeper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter