DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning all from chilly Douglas, New Brunswick. Original forecast was for a lot of rain but it seems to have changed to just being around the freezing mark for the day. I guess Earth Day will be a cool one here.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Good morning fellas. I'd love to tell you that I caught up on all the chatter but my mama taught me not to tell fibs. Not much new here. My final payment on my Alaska cruise is due this weekend and I'm thinking I'll probably cancel that rather than tie up another few thousand bucks.

That bites. We are in the process of booking a cruise for March 2022. I think that should be far enough out to take care of this thing.

Morning, gents.

Cold morning at 1C/34F this morning. And it snowed yesterday. (But didn't stick around, at least.)
But... supposed to be around 9C/48F by the time I leave for work and only 6C/43F when I leave at the end of the shift. Might take the bike out for the first time this year. Definitely tempting.

My final payment on my Alaska cruise is due this weekend and I'm thinking I'll probably cancel that rather than tie up another few thousand bucks.
Probably the right call, unfortunately. Hopefully... next year?
I often wonder about when Disney re-opens, how long before I'll be willing to go back.
Same here. I'm not going to be in that first wave of tourists to catch the second wave of the Corona virus.
I re-rendered the Pizza Oven whist having a 2 hour conference call, so I'm waiting for it to dry before I cure it.
Re-render? What?
There is a massive publish backlash here against Richard Branson who used to own all of Virgin Atlantic, as he has petitioned the Govt for a bailout, and he has lived on Necker Island in the Caribbean paying no tax for the last 10 years or so.
I've seen that. I believe Denmark has already stated that tax havens will not be getting government funds. I think Branson should be asking the Virgin Islands for his bailout.

Wow, page 1500!

Re-render? What?
It's an outdoor one in the garden. I built it in about 10 years ago, and the last couple of years the frost has got to it, so it just needed the cracks being filled with some fire cement and bonding.
Might take the bike out for the first time this year. Definitely tempting.
That sounds like a plan bud. Enjoy.
I've seen that. I believe Denmark has already stated that tax havens will not be getting government funds. I think Branson should be asking the Virgin Islands for his bailout.
::yes::

We are now getting the kids to make scrapbooks of the EPCOT challenge as we only have 2 countries and the IG left.

I'm really impressed how much you've been able to get out of this idea. Well done.

Sounds like the right thing to do. There's a fair bit of sh)thousery going on over here on refunds from the travel companies. I get it, they have no cashflow , but everyone is not sure the travel companies are going to be around in 3 months time, so a voucher would be useless if there is no company to honour it. So it's a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy that a few of these firms will go to the wall.

It's bad enough that my deposit will be tied up in a future cruise I may never take. I can't afford to throw good money after bad. I've been waiting till the last minute hoping they will cancel the cruise so I can get all my money back but it's not looking promising now.

There is a massive publish backlash here against Richard Branson who used to own all of Virgin Atlantic, as he has petitioned the Govt for a bailout, and he has lived on Necker Island in the Caribbean paying no tax for the last 10 years or so.

Sounds like the backlash is well-deserved. I heard something similar about proposed bailouts of the cruise lines. They all register their ships elsewhere to avoid our taxes, so why should our tax money bail them out?

Particularly galling in the case of a billionaire, though. Over here, Harvard University (endowment: $40 billion) somehow got millions in "small business" loans.

That bites. We are in the process of booking a cruise for March 2022. I think that should be far enough out to take care of this thing.

Lord, I hope so.

Might take the bike out for the first time this year. Definitely tempting.

I'm sure you've been itching to do that for a while.

Probably the right call, unfortunately. Hopefully... next year?

Not sure. I'd still love to salvage the land portion of the trip this summer. But that's a 50/50 proposition at best right now. I could plan to go back next summer, but even then it might just be a land tour without the cruise. It's hard to make any plans right now!

Seems only fair to me.

Afternoon Dads! So, I'll try to start some debate here. Best nighttime Park and best Park to rope drop?

Cheers and have a good one guys!
Ah. That's the only two I've been to. No idea about the DVC one. Hmmm... I've never been in the Rose & Crown. Is there one in there?
You got it now but need to tell you, on behalf of most of us, of the disappointment that you were not aware of, and have not partaken of a pint at Rose & Crown

Sounds like the backlash is well-deserved. I heard something similar about proposed bailouts of the cruise lines. They all register their ships elsewhere to avoid our taxes, so why should our tax money bail them out?

The other side of that arguments is that many of them are actually headquartered in the US and revenue lots of revenue for US companies.

Afternoon Dads! So, I'll try to start some debate here. Best nighttime Park and best Park to rope drop?

As some one who likes to take pictures in the parks, best nighttime for me is MK. Best rope drop is AK.

You got it now but need to tell you, on behalf of most of us, of the disappointment that you were not aware of, and have not partaken of a pint at Rose & Crown
Ironically, probably least of all by me. I've only ever been there once.

Night time: AK. Pandora at night and EE are both very cool at night.
Rope drop: MK. I can ride my favorite (BLY) 4 or 5 times before the line gets bad. Actually, I do like BLY, but rope drop is more to get BTMRR before it gets bad. I know a lot of folks beeline for 7DMT, but I still like BTMRR more. 7DMT is too short.

He has mentioned before he doesn't care for beer, so not partaking of a pint at R&C makes sense (to me at least).

Obviously Darcy is wrong.

J Peterman No GIF

So, I'll try to start some debate here. Best nighttime Park and best Park to rope drop?

I'll go with AK for the nighttime park. Rope drop, probably MK because there are enough headliners to spread out the people--not one "obvious" choice for everyone like Test Track.

The other side of that arguments is that many of them are actually headquartered in the US and revenue lots of revenue for US companies.

Gotcha. It's never totally black and white, is it?

I know a lot of folks beeline for 7DMT, but I still like BTMRR more. 7DMT is too short.

I agree, it's too short. But sometimes I go there first because I don't want a long wait later for a short ride.

Darcy - you're obviously wrong....you drink beer....and you pick a dry park as your favorite for night time (also known as beer drinking time). EPCOT is far superior for night time since it has beer. I suspect you'll realize you're wrong and come to my dark side after this post.

🍺

But my second drink of choice is scotch or bourbon. And I believe you drink beer as well.🍻

Night - I prefer Epcot with MK a close second. Pandora wasn't even a thing last time I was there so no thoughts on that.
Rope drop - MK because we always took the kids to Toontown Fair first thing to wear them out or AK (because it gets so darn hot)

Best Nighttime Park:
EPCOT, mainly due to the booze, and I have a great memory of the Curly Haired Ninja's first night in Epcot, dancing over the starlit walkway by the fountain. Saying that, Main St in the dark takes some beating. As does Frontierland. As does the Halloween party. Man, this is tough.
Best Park to Rope Drop:
MK. You can set up an amazing day by Rope dropping MK, the others you used to be able to do by managing your FP properly, until they introduced tiering.
Yes - but you can't get Scotch or Bourbon at MK either! So as you can see, EPCOT is a much better choice....Beer, Scotch, Bourbon....all available.
Avocado Margaritas..... oh I could go for one of those right about now.

EPCOT, mainly due to the booze, and I have a great memory of the Curly Haired Ninja's first night in Epcot, dancing over the starlit walkway by the fountain. Saying that, Main St in the dark takes some beating. As does Frontierland. As does the Halloween party. Man, this is tough.

MK. You can set up an amazing day by Rope dropping MK, the others you used to be able to do by managing your FP properly, until they introduced tiering.

Avocado Margaritas..... oh I could go for one of those right about now.

See @declansdad - this is how you can be right......Be like Dan - always be like Dan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter