DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

It's an outdoor one in the garden. I built it in about 10 years ago, and the last couple of years the frost has got to it, so it just needed the cracks being filled with some fire cement and bonding.
Nice! Have you posted a photo? Vaguely remember...
That sounds like a plan bud. Enjoy.
I did! And I did!
Sounds like the backlash is well-deserved. I heard something similar about proposed bailouts of the cruise lines. They all register their ships elsewhere to avoid our taxes, so why should our tax money bail them out?
::yes::
I'm sure you've been itching to do that for a while.
Definitely!!
Not sure. I'd still love to salvage the land portion of the trip this summer. But that's a 50/50 proposition at best right now. I could plan to go back next summer, but even then it might just be a land tour without the cruise. It's hard to make any plans right now!
Yeah, I hear ya. I just have no desire to plan, well, anything right now.
Afternoon Dads! So, I'll try to start some debate here. Best nighttime Park and best Park to rope drop?
I'm gonna go with AK for best at night. Tree of Life Awakenings combined with Pandora? Yup!
And rope drop... I'm gonna buck the trend here and say DHS, because if you don't, you ain't riding ROTR.
The other side of that arguments is that many of them are actually headquartered in the US and revenue lots of revenue for US companies.
Ah!
Wait! Wouldn't that be "propourly" since you like adding Us to words that shouldn't have them?
Okay, now you're just being silly.
It would be proupourly, of course. Sheesh! :sad2:

Made it to Wednesday evening. Re-opening the state slowly on May 1. Job 1 phone conference set for thr 29th on layoffs. Really hoping to make the cut. If not, I'll try to rush the retirement paperwork in.

Hmm...
Off the top of my head (no Googling)
La Cava - Mexico
Tutto Gusto - Italy
And... isn't there a DVC lounge? Don't know where that is.

La Cava is my favorite. DVC lounge was a novelty, but without alcohol, not worth it. Plus, it was too warm.

No. We don't stoop to that sort of thing here.
Hopefully the women do.

::yes:: :lmao:

Sounds like a good plan. I don't recall your dates (I think it was July). Even if they're actually running again at that point, is it worth the risk? I often wonder about when Disney re-opens, how long before I'll be willing to go back.

We are on the books still for July 20. Flights are booked. If we aren't allowed to fly, we will drive down. Projections are all over the place when WDW will reopen. I guess the only thing that may change those dates if they re-schedule DD's HS graduation. I would say carry on with Disney, but I lose that to DW and DD.

Afternoon Dads! So, I'll try to start some debate here. Best nighttime Park and best Park to rope drop?

Best nighttime park is MK. The evening EMH are the best at MK - less crowded, cooler, and ridea are really fun at night, even Dumbo, with all the lights.

Now, if we are booked at BWV then Epcot may be the best nighttime park. It's really easy to drink and stagger back to the room without riding on the bus.

Best ropedrop park is MK. The train ride in with the show is terrific way to start the day. Alternate is AK, not for RD, but so that you can walk on to Kilamanjaro Safaris with the animals active in the AM. Get the 9:30 AM FP, and go on the safari again.

Shirley Temple Laughing GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Morning from a sunny, but they're telling us storms later Orlando.

Evidently, the system that gave TX and OK bad weather is destined for us this afternoon/evening. Ah well, we need the rain. Don't necessarily need the wind or tornadoes, but ya have to take the bad with the good.

To me, y'all are just yankees. :lmao:

Top O the Mornin Dads! Nice to see a little discussion tied to DaWorld to take our minds off of all that is going on these days for at least a few minutes. Thanks to Scott and Darcy for making us all smile or laugh. With that said and since there isn't anything new around here of interest, what is everyone's top 3 Disney resorts in order. Feel free to explain your reasons so that those of us that disagree will have some basis to give you a hard time 8-)

For the record, my RD is AK as I like to get in safari first thing, work FP for the main attractions and this provides the ability to rope drop Dawa Bar. Night park would be MK with the evening fireworks and Main Street lit at night is a great way to end the day.

Top 3 resorts...wow, that's a tough one, since there are so many I like, but, here goes.

Wilderness Lodge. Love the theming. Creek going into the pool. Pool right next to Bay lake. Renting boats. Taking boats to MK. Water pageant show.

Beach club. Pool!!!! Ability to walk to EPCOT or HS. Same with boats to either. Walk to swolphin for Shula's or seafood buffet (can't remember name). Boardwalk at night.

Vero beach - well not at da world, but love being on the beach, sea turtles and renting jet skis.

Okay fine, I'll put a 3rd at da world too...
Saratoga Springs. I've mentioned this before...many folks don't like it, but I like if for serenity on days we don't go to the parks, proximity to Downtown Disney and the tree house villas. Like also that a boat ride can take us to so many other resorts if we want to visit.

We have not stayed yet at GF, Poly villas, yacht club, or Riveria. As for the non-DVC resorts, there are many of those we haven't stayed at, so can't really rate those much. DW and DS stayed in all star sports and carribean beach. We stayed in pop century once. Of the other DVC resorts, I've liked them all. My least favorite is probably BLT. It's good for fireworks if you're on the right side and walk to MK, but it's more like an apartment complex than a resort to me.

AKL - Great theming. Animals are cool, but become a bit ho hum after a couple days. Don't like distance to EVERYTHING.

BWV - Like the boardwalk atmosphere. We had a really LONG walk to room, which kinda sucked.

OKW - Quiet and cool atmosphere. Bigger rooms. Less transportation options.

HHI - Both good and bad it's not near the world.

I've heard port orleans is a nice resort...may stay there eventually.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter