DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning, boys.
That's awesome! We just got a new treadmill for the basement, still need to put it together, so I'm hoping to put it to use once I get it put together.
Congrats on the new clothes hanger.
The missus and I had our 14th anniversary yesterday.
Happy anniversary!
Of course I was working night shift, and she was scheduled to work that day at the store.
So we shared a romantic bowl of cereal in the morning.
:rolleyes1
But who am I kidding, I've been married 14 years, the only thing "quickie" and "slapped" would be describing are the burgers...
:lmao:
A worthy reason for the day.
Doubt anyone from the US ever heard of him, though.
Right now I have Formula E on from Berlin. Racing electric cars is a different thing to watch.
What channel/stream is that on?

Happy Thursday. I'm back in ketosis following the Disney vacation, and my energy level is pumping already this AM. Not much planned today, but I think we are going out to check on FIL, who seems to be feeling better and in great spirits. I bought a new pistol during this madness, and I'll try shooting it at his place.

I really need to do that. I have no idea how to connect it to anything, but I would like to at least plug the sump pump into it. Some spoiled food I can live with, a flooded basement would be... not so good.

We don't have many power issues at my house. If we move, I would consider a small, back-up gas powered generator.

One flooded basement was enough for me to make the investment. Although it was a bit of a blessing in disguise--we threw away a lot of stuff that we really didn't need to be storing down there in the first place.

Why is it that we keep all that stuff? I made it thru most of our stuff recently, and found almost 10 old cell phones/ tablets. Not sure what the reason was to stock pile all those.

Welllllll...
There's a bit of a catch to that.
Two actually.

First, it was my in-laws place originally, but the daughters have recently inherited the place so I - myself am only an "owner" by default.

Next problem is that "we" actually only own 1/13 of the property. There are that many different owners and we run it kind'a like a private time-share. Every group is guaranteed one week per quarter on a rotating calendar so every one eventually has access to the various holidays and time frames. The down side for you is that while I'd be happy to have you park the RV out front, you'd only be able to leave it there one week out of every thirteen.

1/13 ain't bad. Having some planned time off every 4 months is a great plan, especially when it's a nice location.

Hope all are well, safe and enjoying bourbon, bacon and store available Mickey bars. Have a good night and better tomorrow
View attachment 516110
View attachment 516111

Great picture. I wish we were able to spend more time down there.

Hey, Gents! Well, we are on the downhill slide to the weekend! Woohoo! Can't wait, though my next week will mean that the one paralegal who's been training me will be on vacation, good for her, but bad for me because I won't know what the week will bring. Maybe the paralegal I'll be replacing will finally step up and go over some of her closings with me so I can get a sense of what's going on. Either way I'm going to ask her so I'll know what's going on. Thankfully my attorney/boss is very nice and remembers what it was like when she first got into the business of real estate, so she's been a blessing to have around. I got to work on my first Purchase and Sales Agreement yesterday. My boss wanted me to work on it and to read through it so I could get an understanding of the language and the deal. Boy, that's a document that'll put you to sleep real quick. 😆 Things are going well at work, so no complaints there. Have a great day, gents, and we'll chat on the other side.

My favorite line from the Simpsons movie, with Schwarzenegger as President: "I was elected to lead, not to read".

But who am I kidding, I've been married 14 years, the only thing "quickie" and "slapped" would be describing are the burgers...

:lmao::rotfl::lmao::rotfl::lmao:

Happy Anniversary. Technically, your meat got some action. :sad2:

Top O the Mornin Dads! Congrats Norm on the job and stay safe Rob as thoughts are with you and all the others along the east coast recovering from the storms. We head home tomorrow and have HS today with dinner at 50s a likely a final DISDads night cap with Scott and his clan. Been a great trip with all the Dads and low crowds and what Disney has done in terms of safety has been impressive. Have a good weekend and stay safe
Vintage Coffee GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY
Good morning Chief!
Work keeping me busy the last few days, but I don't want to complain about money in the bank these days.

Of course I was working night shift, and she was scheduled to work that day at the store.
So we shared a romantic bowl of cereal in the morning. I purposely woke up early after sleeping all day, our intention was to go out for dinner, there was just enough time after her shift and before mine started. Unfortunately there was a bad traffic accident right at the entrance to my neighbourhood (sad actually, one person died and the other is in critical condition), so with the traffic backed up we didn't attempt to leave the house, but considering the reason, I am happy everyone was home safe and sound.
We ended up having a quick hamburger that I slapped on the grill. So much for romance.

Dang it, I missed that one and I think the statute of limitations is up on it.
Although if I wasn't at the end of a night shift I may be more p to the task.

A worthy reason for the day.

Hey, any excuse for a day off. We're not picky.

Belated congratulations.

Sorry to hear about the roof, but I guess it could have been worse.
Congratulations!

The missus and I had our 14th anniversary yesterday
Congrats!!

So we shared a romantic bowl of cereal in the morning
At least it's better than a bowl of brussel sprouts.

Wait until you get to 34...the thoughts or quickie and slapped are ancient memories.

How does one arrange to have a flood?

Asking for a friend.

:rolleyes1

Well, the first rule of engineering is that water flows downhill.

Agreed, but then there are those managers that need to be able to directly lord over their subjects.

But in the current overlords defense, they just took out a lease on a new office space for our operation (we actually moved in the middle of the lock down), so having done so they sort'a need to make use of the investment.

Wish they'd change their minds though ('cause I hate the new digs).

Is that the new-fangled office setup where they have a guy who can walk over the cubicles cracking a whip, like one of those slave galleys on an ancient ship?

I like the sound of that.
Problem is, we don't have a basement and all the stuff we ought to git rid of is in the attic. Don't think a flood of that magnitude would be very gentle on the rest of the house.

Sounds like a small controlled fire is the play.

Congratulations!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Great time to be a sports junkie with a tv in the office. Lots of live sports during the day, even on weekdays. Right now I have Formula E on from Berlin. Racing electric cars is a different thing to watch. Hockey and basketball coming up

I gotta say, having non-stop hockey every day has been pretty awesome. Like March Madness, only better because it's hockey.

Why is it that we keep all that stuff? I made it thru most of our stuff recently, and found almost 10 old cell phones/ tablets. Not sure what the reason was to stock pile all those.

It's amazing how much useless crap we accumulate. We always say we'll do better and then just keep accumulating crap.

My favorite line from the Simpsons movie, with Schwarzenegger as President: "I was elected to lead, not to read".

I'm amazed you can pick a favorite line. So many good ones.

TSN 5.

They started up again yesterday and doing a total of 6 races over 9 days.
Thanks, I'll take a look.
I'm back in ketosis following the Disney vacation
How many lbs ya put on? I always come back from Disney and scream when I see the numbers on the scale.
FIL, who seems to be feeling better and in great spirits.
Good to hear!
I bought a new pistol during this madness, and I'll try shooting it at his place.
Whatcha get?
I've gotten rid of stuff. Now what's mostly down there is stuff for when the DDs move out and DW's stuff.
Happy Anniversary. Technically, your meat got some action. :sad2:
:lmao:
At least it's better than a bowl of brussel sprouts.
Being staked out naked, smeared with honey, on an ant hill is better than a bowl of brussel sprouts.
Well, the first rule of engineering is that water flows downhill.
Basement. Got that part covered.

Morning, Gents, from a beautiful Cape Cod. The humidity FINALLY broke yesterday, and as a result it was cool enough to open the windows last night...man it felt good. Well, yesterday was another day and it went well. Finally had my meeting with my attorney/boss, and that went well. We talked about the training, hours, and what she expected from me. Got home yesterday and put together the treadmill in our basement, or as @pkondz puts it, "A new clothes hanger." :laughing: It was fairly easy to put together, only 5 steps, but the instructions weren't all that clear. The instructions would have a letter for the item they wanted you to grab, but the items were marked with numbers. Go figure. Oh, and it told us to pull out the cord from one of the arms, which we did, but what it neglected to tell us is that that cord was supposed to stay in there because it was going to be connected to a cord that you pull out from the bottom of the unit, which the instructions don't tell you about, so you had to figure it out yourself. So now we have the cord on the outside of the arm when it's supposed to be on the inside for protection. Never easy putting those things together. Oh well, have a good day, gents, and we'll chat on the other side.

TTFN

Happy Anniversary!!!

Congrats on the new clothes hanger.

Clothes?! You think I'm going to store clothes on this expensive piece of equipment?! Pfft! Boxes, baby, this thing's going to have boxes on it. :rotfl2:

Happy Thursday. I'm back in ketosis following the Disney vacation, and my energy level is pumping already this AM. Not much planned today, but I think we are going out to check on FIL, who seems to be feeling better and in great spirits. I bought a new pistol during this madness, and I'll try shooting it at his place.

Good to hear the FIL is doing better.

I want to get my permit to carry here in Massachusetts. We've not had any problems here lately, but I want to be ready for when it does.

:laughing:

Morning all. Had a great evening of shooting, bbq, & beer. I received my retirement insurance cards in the mail yesterday, so yeah, it's starting to feel more real. 11 work days to go.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Congrats Norm on the job and stay safe Rob as thoughts are with you and all the others along the east coast recovering from the storms. We head home tomorrow and have HS today with dinner at 50s a likely a final DISDads night cap with Scott and his clan. Been a great trip with all the Dads and low crowds and what Disney has done in terms of safety has been impressive. Have a good weekend and stay safe

Good morning Chief!

Congratulations!

Thanks. Been following along on FB. Looks like you all are having a great trip.

Wait until you get to 34...the thoughts or quickie and slapped are ancient memories.

I'm at 20 years. No need to wait for 34.

How many lbs ya put on? I always come back from Disney and scream when I see the numbers on the scale.

15. But, we started the vacation eating 4 days before we left for WDW. Those are off now.

Whatcha get?

Ruger 22 single action pistol. Really nicely made, heavy pistol for under $200. Between me and the girls, we shot a box of ammo, and it did really well. They learned how to load and unload it, and could hit their targets right away.

I also let them try my 12 and 20 gauge. One shot from each was enough for them.

Being staked out naked, smeared with honey, on an ant hill is better than a bowl of brussel sprouts.

Well, I've got a now plan for Friday night. Sounds like fun. :lmao:

Is that the new-fangled office setup where they have a guy who can walk over the cubicles cracking a whip, like one of those slave galleys on an ancient ship?

And now I have a plan for next Friday night. Winning. :lmao:

Morning, Gents, from a beautiful Cape Cod. The humidity FINALLY broke yesterday, and as a result it was cool enough to open the windows last night...man it felt good. Well, yesterday was another day and it went well. Finally had my meeting with my attorney/boss, and that went well. We talked about the training, hours, and what she expected from me. Got home yesterday and put together the treadmill in our basement, or as @pkondz puts it, "A new clothes hanger." :laughing: It was fairly easy to put together, only 5 steps, but the instructions weren't all that clear. The instructions would have a letter for the item they wanted you to grab, but the items were marked with numbers. Go figure. Oh, and it told us to pull out the cord from one of the arms, which we did, but what it neglected to tell us is that that cord was supposed to stay in there because it was going to be connected to a cord that you pull out from the bottom of the unit, which the instructions don't tell you about, so you had to figure it out yourself. So now we have the cord on the outside of the arm when it's supposed to be on the inside for protection. Never easy putting those things together. Oh well, have a good day, gents, and we'll chat on the other side.

I want to get my permit to carry here in Massachusetts. We've not had any problems here lately, but I want to be ready for when it does.

Glad to hear you assembled the laundry rack. KY did away with its CCW permit requirement last year, and we've always been open carry. It's still a good idea to have a class on gun laws and gun safety. Having a gun in your house or car is fine, but I don't carry when I go into stores. Maybe I should, but I don't have the training and don't know how I would react under pressure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter