DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Hay Y’all…
First off, Happy holidays to those that are celebrating.

Now then…
Been gone a while again. The fish bowl that is our current office facilities makes is a bit tough to check in as often as I’d like. I’m trying an experiment to see if just maybe I can remedy that situation somewhat. We’ll see how it goes.

There’s not all much going down this that most of you would find all that interesting. Sadly, we’ve basically given up on trying to get down to Da’ World for the time being (just not worth the hassle right now). We did finally succeed in getting my MIL’s estate closed and everything distributed between the sisters. I said it would take them two years to do it (given the way my SIL has to both to be in charge, won’t hear any other opinion and put’s things off as long as possible). Turns out I was wrong on my estimate though… It took 2 years and four days (well I was close at least :rolleyes: ).

1st rule of the Thanksgiving Thread, don’t talk about the Thanksgiving Thread.

I’ve got an alibi for that one.

As I remember, I was in NYC working the Macy’s Parade on that particular holiday.

We got home and - *Poof* - no thread…

they decided to see if they could race through starting and closing a thread on a single day.

Actually… that’s two slightly different bits of pointless foolishness. We did open and close a thread in a single day just to prove that we were goofy enough to do such a thing (and just to celebrate the leap year on Feb 29th of 2012). The chemically enhanced posting challenge that killed off the original thread number: XIII (figures) was in 2011.

Can you believe it’s been near on to 10 years?

Wiped clean by the Wrath of Go--er, Mods.

Nice Marcus Brody reference there, my friend.

Another miserable solo night. Last night was 1/2 the output, being down with maintenance for two repairs, and another machine just kept faulting out. These will be a long two weeks. I've never walked off a job before, but it may just happen.

I hate that the new gig has turned out to be quite so joyless.

May a better situation present itself in the near.

Many of the guys are over on the FB group, but you don't get to know guys there the way you do here.

It's probably for the best that they went to FB.

I don't interact much with the FB group. There are a lot of guys there who have never set foot (or keyboard) on the DISBoards, so I have no idea who they are. I do feel like this place is much better for getting to know people. Plus, I'm on FB less these days anyway. It's just gotten too Facebook-y.

Then, a new website was created with it's own forum/ discussion boards, which eventually led to a business, which also caused trademark issues for some.

Oh man, there was drama with that too. So much drama.

Now then…
Been gone a while again. The fish bowl that is our current office facilities makes is a bit tough to check in as often as I’d like. I’m trying an experiment to see if just maybe I can remedy that situation somewhat. We’ll see how it goes.

It's been a couple of hours. Any calls from HR yet?

Actually… that’s two slightly different bits of pointless foolishness. We did open and close a thread in a single day just to prove that we were goofy enough to do such a thing (and just to celebrate the leap year on Feb 29th of 2012). The chemically enhanced posting challenge that killed off the original thread number: XIII (figures) was in 2011.

Can you believe it’s been near on to 10 years?

Wow, that makes me feel old. Thanks for clearing up my mistakes. As I get older, the memory gets fuzzier.

Nice Marcus Brody reference there, my friend.

I was hoping someone would catch that. You can't read it in any other voice, can you?

I don't interact much with the FB group. There are a lot of guys there who have never set foot (or keyboard) on the DISBoards, so I have no idea who they are. I do feel like this place is much better for getting to know people. Plus, I'm on FB less these days anyway. It's just gotten too Facebook-y.

I was on a zoom chat with a bunch of guys from the FB group and didn't know anyone. And while I'm ok with being in a new situation and around people I don't know, it was difficult because everyone knew everyone else, and thus could relate to everyone else. I was hoping to meet some of you guys.

Then, a new website was created with it's own forum/ discussion boards, which eventually led to a business, which also caused trademark issues for some. Then, FB did the group things, and most of the chatter went there for convenience purposes.
Oh man, there was drama with that too. So much drama.

Ok, you know I'm going to ask it: What was the site? I know, that could cause problems, but my curiosity has been peaked.

As I get older, the memory gets fuzzier.

For me, the older I get, the more of a perfect child I become. And since there's no one living where I live that knew me as a child, I WAS the perfect child. :teeth:

I was on a zoom chat with a bunch of guys from the FB group and didn't know anyone. And while I'm ok with being in a new situation and around people I don't know, it was difficult because everyone knew everyone else, and thus could relate to everyone else. I was hoping to meet some of you guys.

When did you join in? On the Saturday night chats, I'm the only regular from here that joins on a regular basis. Sometime Randall, Mike and Dan join in for a bit.

For most of the guys on the Zoom meets, they've met at DDCC or on a trip.

It's been a couple of hours. Any calls from HR yet?
Not yet, but it's early still...

I was hoping someone would catch that. You can't read it in any other voice, can you?
"...that's just what the Hebrews thought."

And, yeah, there really is no other voice to hear that line in.

Ok, you know I'm going to ask it: What was the site? I know, that could cause problems, but my curiosity has been peaked.

DisDads.com

Pretty sure that the message-board part of it is no longer being looked after, but they still do various podcasts and articles.

When did you join in? On the Saturday night chats, I'm the only regular from here that joins on a regular basis. Sometime Randall, Mike and Dan join in for a bit.

For most of the guys on the Zoom meets, they've met at DDCC or on a trip.

This was several months back. I asked who everyone was, but everyone there, at that time I had asked, said that they were from the FB group...at least that's what I remember. I could be wrong, but I didn't recognize any names being said.

DisDads.com

Pretty sure that the message-board part of it is no longer being looked after, but they still do various podcasts and articles.

Ah! Yeah that would cause some problems.

I was on a zoom chat with a bunch of guys from the FB group and didn't know anyone.
Some FB, some here, some met at DDCC and some overlap, but yeah, I don't do FB, so some I don't know.

but my curiosity has been peaked.
I think it's been picqued also
;)

DisDads.com

I looked at it once or twice...didn't look to see if the message board was there or not.

No, it was their and our loss...
::yes::

But then again....any time there is an argument about something so trivial as fork/pizza or not...that's a loss as well.

I think that's what I love here....we may not all agree, but we don't argue (much) about stupid stuff. Occasional disagreements, but no actual arguing that I've seen.

Another miserable solo night. Last night was 1/2 the output, being down with maintenance for two repairs, and another machine just kept faulting out. These will be a long two weeks. I've never walked off a job before, but it may just happen.
I've always said that a midnight shift is one thing that could cause me to quit.
The fish bowl that is our current office facilities makes is a bit tough to check in as often as I’d like.
Just keep swimming...
I’m trying an experiment to see if just maybe I can remedy that situation somewhat. We’ll see how it goes.
So how long did you hole up in the bathroom stall?
Sadly, we’ve basically given up on trying to get down to Da’ World for the time being (just not worth the hassle right now).
Sorry to hear, but... get it.
We did finally succeed in getting my MIL’s estate closed and everything distributed between the sisters. I said it would take them two years to do it (given the way my SIL has to both to be in charge, won’t hear any other opinion and put’s things off as long as possible). Turns out I was wrong on my estimate though… It took 2 years and four days (well I was close at least :rolleyes: ).
Dang. Pretty spot on estimation. These things do take time.
I don't interact much with the FB group.
ditto
As I get older, the memory gets fuzzier.
Who?
I think that's what I love here....we may not all agree, but we don't argue (much) about stupid stuff. Occasional disagreements, but no actual arguing that I've seen.

Morning all.

Just got back from our second last soccer game of the season. It was freezing, in fact the temps were just above the freezing mark. I did something to both calves last in last Sunday's game and I thought they were fine but couldn't run at all, hurt when I tried to push off. We only had 11 guys so I offered to play keeper for the rest of the game. Finished with a 2-1 win and a clean sheet for my 70 minutes so I think I'll retire now.

Have a great Tuesday all.

Morning all.
That threw me for a second... but it is after midnight there...
I did something to both calves last in last Sunday's game and I thought they were fine but couldn't run at all, hurt when I tried to push off.
Ouch, but... totally get it. I'm having similar issues right now.
Finished with a 2-1 win and a clean sheet for my 70 minutes so I think I'll retire now.
Congrats on the storied career.

These will be a long two weeks. I've never walked off a job before, but it may just happen.
I could swear I said this yesterday, but then again multuquoting has been hit or miss lately....

Personally, I don't thonk that's the kind of job where two weeks notice is typical or people walking off the job is rare. Obviously, you don't want to compromise your integrity, but then again you've received none, so I wouldn't fault you. Loyalty is earned and doesn't sound.like they've done squat to earn it.

Morning all.

Just got back from our second last soccer game of the season. It was freezing, in fact the temps were just above the freezing mark. I did something to both calves last in last Sunday's game and I thought they were fine but couldn't run at all, hurt when I tried to push off. We only had 11 guys so I offered to play keeper for the rest of the game. Finished with a 2-1 win and a clean sheet for my 70 minutes so I think I'll retire now.

Glad for your success, but sorry to hear about your calves.

Morning, Gents! Hope everyone is up and doing well this morning. I woke up on this side of the flower garden, so I'm doing pretty good. So I found out at work yesterday that my boss gave his notice. That came as a bit of a surprise, but at the same time it didn't. He always said that he was looking out for the next job that would pay better, but not even after a full year on the job? I guess he considered this his "Shoulder Job," something to hold him until he got a better offer....which is something I would have done. Anyways, things are well, so not much to tell. Have a great day and we'll chat later.

TTFN

:scared:

Morning all.

Sorry to hear about your calves, but congrats on the game.

I could swear I said this yesterday, but then again multuquoting has been hit or miss lately....

Personally, I don't thonk that's the kind of job where two weeks notice is typical or people walking off the job is rare. Obviously, you don't want to compromise your integrity, but then again you've received none, so I wouldn't fault you. Loyalty is earned and doesn't sound.like they've done squat to earn it.

I can't quote this enough.

I stand corrected. I'm sure there were some great guys that left.
There are a number that I do miss seeing around over here.
But the different platforms suit different folks in different ways.

I've always said that a midnight shift is one thing that could cause me to quit.
Given the various hours you end up keeping, I'm surprised that you can single out any one series as unacceptable.

That don't work either...
I don't use my phone to access this site (or nearly any site for that matter), and It'd be just a mite odd if I were seen trying to drag my near 20 year old desk-top P/C, keyboard and monitor into the john...

I've told you once...

Morning all.

May you heal up quickly
And may your spotless record as Keeper stand the test of time.

Nice win, poor calves.

It's gotten chilly around these parts too.
This morning was the first proper frost of the year with noticeable white roofs on the shaded side of the houses.
But it's a nice sunny Fall day and supposed to get to 10C later.
I'll be on days off for a week starting tomorrow so I am hoping to get out and enjoy some of the Fall weather.
Right now I have plans to visit a friend this weekend on the Bonavista Peninsula (about 3 hours drive from my home) and maybe do some hiking on the Skerwink Trail which I have never done but always wanted to. Apparently it was named one of the "Top 35 hikes in North America and Europe" by Travel and Leisure magazine. Hopefully the weather stays nice for the weekend.

https://www.alltrails.com/trail/can...y used for hiking, walking, and trail running.

We did finally succeed in getting my MIL’s estate closed and everything distributed between the sisters. I said it would take them two years to do it (given the way my SIL has to both to be in charge, won’t hear any other opinion and put’s things off as long as possible). Turns out I was wrong on my estimate though… It took 2 years and four days (well I was close at least :rolleyes: ).

At least it's over with now!

I do love a good stupid argument. But, all participants need to recognize it as such. That's usually the issue.

I can hear the Rocky theme in my head as I imagine the highlights.

I don't use my phone to access this site (or nearly any site for that matter), and It'd be just a mite odd if I were seen trying to drag my near 20 year old desk-top P/C, keyboard and monitor into the john...

In 2020, they wouldn't think anything of it. Social distancing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter