• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Afternoon from a overcast Westfield NB. The time of year I dislike most has arrived. I put the motorcycles and car away for the winter (come on spring) Made lasagna for this evenings meal and apple crumble for dessert. Hope you are enjoying the weekend.
Morning guys. Hope all is well well post thanksgiving or post Thursday, whichever applies.
I’ve been busy so far on my “days off”. Thursday I had intended to put up the outdoor Christmas lights. When testing them beforehand, I found more than half the strings would not light- the darn things worked before I boxed them up, so I have no idea what happens to them in the box. Anyhow, they were old and I decided since I had to get so many new sets, I would completely change all the lights, go from white to coloured. I’ve had the same white lights for over 10 years so maybe time for a change. I spent a lot of time and money at the store and never did get around to putting any lights up Thursday.
Black Friday started with DW taking me and oldest DD to get new phones, taking advantage of the deals. DW and youngest DD were upgrading. Oldest DD was being taken off our plan since she’ll soon be 21 and it’s time to start paying her own way. She also decided to upgrade. It took way longer than we intended, partly due to Black Friday crowds and reduced store capacity, but also they traded in their old phones so had to wait to transfer data to the new phones. Finally they all got sparkling new phones. And me? I don’t particularly care about phones, my old one is fine thanks. I’d probably be happy enough with a 10 year old flip phone. And get off my lawn.
Friday afternoon I did manage to put up a few strings of the new lights, but didn’t get it finished. I will try to run the last sets and power cords today.
Saturday we all went out for family brunch and then came back to decorate the tree. We spent the evening watching a couple Christmas movies, so that was a nice day.
Ok, that’s me all caught up. Have a good one gents.

You'll have to go back to work to get a rest.

Man, wicked accident at turn 3 of lap one! Car exploded and split in two when it hit the barrier. Luckily driver seems to have minor injuries but the pictures of him jumping over the barrier as the flames were all around him were frightening.

View attachment 540927
Very scary crash, glad the driver is ok.

Morning chaps from a frosty London.
Busy weekend, with Fakesgiving on Saturday, and starting to put up the outside decs up.
Curly haired Ninja was negative on her test, so we are back in lighter lockdown. London comes out of its big lockdown tomorrow midnight. Lady K's birthday this week, so we are pimpin it up and going to the Wolsley for some cheeky breakfast. For the petrol heads for you out there, the restaurant is down the road from the Ritz, and was originally a Car Showroom for Wolsley motors. The building is amazing.

2 day week for me today, we were supposed to be flying to NY Weds morning for a December trip.

Right, I've got to do 5 days work in 2 days, so I'll probably punt it off and be hanging round here.

Have a great day boys.

Morning, Gents! Got a lot of cleaning/organizing done on Saturday, our family room looked like a toy store and paper recycling place threw up in it, and I finally got tired of it and finally did something about it. My DD has a wonderful imagination and uses paper and construction paper for all kinds of projects. As a result, this means that there's paper and art project stuff all OVER the place. It took a while but it's done. Now for the garage (heavy sigh). Had a church gig yesterday, but the afternoon was spent getting lights up on the bushes outside and plugging the air vents in the crawl space for winter. Well, that's all I've got. Have a good day, guys, and we'll chat throughout.

TTFN

I can’t remember the last time I sent a Christmas card. My wife sends a few to her family. It’s a nice tradition to keep up though.

We, actually that would me be, didn't get Christmas cards out for a couple of years, but I managed to get them out early last year. This year I started them but haven't finished yet.

I noticed people here starting to panic buy paper towels again this weekend.

People are doing that here, too.

When I say an increase, it doesn't compare to you. We have 111 active cases province-wide and the region I'm in has 18.

Ours is state-wide, so a lot more. I just want this to get over with.

Well... it’s 8 hours starting at 6:30am CST, then 8 hours off, then another 8 hours starting at 11pm. Should be off at 6:30-7:00am tomorrow depending on the schedule.

Ah, ok...I thought you were working a straight 24 hours.

Prove it!

Ok....I really do suck at dancing, so I'm not that good. Though I have taken dance classes while in college, just don't think I'm all that good.

it's Monday, it's the last day of November so only 1 month to go in this crazy year.

What will 2021 bring?
Hold on chuckles, we can't call 2020 yet
I've still got:
Pestilence (the whole Murder Hornet thing was, frankly, a total washout and in no terms 2020 levels of horrendous-ness)
A no-deal Brexit
Betty White is still alive
T has still got about 14 days to overturn the election.

There's plenty to play for my friend.

So for you Yanks, is this an extra long weekend? Or do you go back for the one day?

The state gives us both Thursday and Friday off, which is nice. At my previous job, they had a "tradition" where you could come in on the Saturday before Thanksgiving and then have Friday off. I just took a vacation day instead.

The Curly Haired Ninja had a temperature at school today, so off to the Drive Thru Corona centre we went. We now have to Self Isolate for 2 days until the test come back.

Well, it's a good thing you haven't spent much time at home lately.

In other slightly less annoying news, we booked up for the Annual pilgrimage to the House of the Mouse for October 21, just to experience the 50th Anniversary stuff in full swing, and sneak in another MNSSHP (hopefully).

Congrats! Let's hope we're all able to travel freely by then.

For what meal is not improved by having a couple of bits of bread around it?

My soup has never turned out well this way.

When testing them beforehand, I found more than half the strings would not light- the darn things worked before I boxed them up, so I have no idea what happens to them in the box. Anyhow, they were old and I decided since I had to get so many new sets, I would completely change all the lights, go from white to coloured. I’ve had the same white lights for over 10 years so maybe time for a change. I spent a lot of time and money at the store and never did get around to putting any lights up Thursday.

That happens to me all the time, too. I think it's a conspiracy by the light manufacturers. They must all be built with a "Fail Timer Switch" embedded in the cord somewhere.

Man, wicked accident at turn 3 of lap one! Car exploded and split in two when it hit the barrier. Luckily driver seems to have minor injuries but the pictures of him jumping over the barrier as the flames were all around him were frightening.

Saw that. Amazing that the driver was able to walk away from that one!

2 day week for me today, we were supposed to be flying to NY Weds morning for a December trip.

One of these days, we'll get that NYC meet up.

I found something out this morning and had to find this quote from pkondz.

Sure sounds like they're done with him. Hope he doesn't come back, hat in hand, looking to be re-hired.

Guess who's coming back? That's right, my old boss. A co-worker showed me a text that he got from my old boss where it said that he talked the powers to be, and that he was going to be back at work on Tuesday, December 1st. In the text he said that he let his emotions get the better of him and that's why he lost it. Yeah, he lets that happen more than he should...though that was the first time he really lost it in the meeting. I also found out a little bit more on what happened in the meeting where he lost it. While I don't know what was said, he apparently threw a couple of people under the bus in the tirade of his. I've heard that from at least 3 people now, so I'm fairly confident that did occur. If he did in fact throw a couple of people under the bus, I don't know how he can come back after that. He's going to have some bridges to mend, and it'll be hard to do. While I like the guy, he lost some points with me in how he acted, so he's going to have to earn those back. Also, I've changed hours since he left and I don't want to change back. I'm not going to say anything the hour...I'll let him figure it out. Either way, it'll be interesting to see what happens.

I found something out this morning and had to find this quote from pkondz.

Guess who's coming back? That's right, my old boss. A co-worker showed me a text that he got from my old boss where it said that he talked the powers to be, and that he was going to be back at work on Tuesday, December 1st. In the text he said that he let his emotions get the better of him and that's why he lost it. Yeah, he lets that happen more than he should...though that was the first time he really lost it in the meeting. I also found out a little bit more on what happened in the meeting where he lost it. While I don't know what was said, he apparently threw a couple of people under the bus in the tirade of his. I've heard that from at least 3 people now, so I'm fairly confident that did occur. If he did in fact throw a couple of people under the bus, I don't know how he can come back after that. He's going to have some bridges to mend, and it'll be hard to do. While I like the guy, he lost some points with me in how he acted, so he's going to have to earn those back. Also, I've changed hours since he left and I don't want to change back. I'm not going to say anything the hour...I'll let him figure it out. Either way, it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Sounds like a bomb just waiting to go off.

Morning folks. Little to report from this neck of the woods.

Curly haired Ninja was negative on her test, so we are back in lighter lockdown.
Phew! Good news!
Nothing like being on pins and needles for a couple days, amiright? I know I breathed a pretty big sigh of relief when my DD tested negative last week.
Got a lot of cleaning/organizing done on Saturday,
Hope you took Sunday to do... nothing.
Ah, ok...I thought you were working a straight 24 hours.
Nope. We were, until earlier this year, only allowed to work 16 consecutive hours. That's now down to 12. But as long as there's 8 hours in between, we can do short changes (we do two in a cycle. Two evening shifts, two day shifts and the midnight shift.)
it's Monday, it's the last day of November so only 1 month to go in this crazy year.

What will 2021 bring?
I was just thinking of this. I'm sure there will be some idiots out there who get together and party (no social distancing, no masks) on Dec 31 because they think the virus is over.
Betty White is still alive
Of course she is. She's immortal, like the queen.
T has still got about 14 days to overturn the election.
:rolleyes1
The state gives us both Thursday and Friday off
Ah! But not a universal thing.
Guess who's coming back? That's right, my old boss.
Yikes. Sounds like that should be... interesting. Wonder what the people he threw under the bus are thinking?

Phew! Good news!
Nothing like being on pins and needles for a couple days, amiright? I know I breathed a pretty big sigh of relief when my DD tested negative last week.
Totally, buddy. It would have been particularly bobbins for the entire country to ease up on the lockdown....and watch it all from our window while we sat under quarantine for 2 weeks. We would have missed Lady Ks and the boys birthday. Although he gets to unwrap the PS5, which is a joint present between me and him, so it may not have been all terrible.
I would certainly be enquiring about the availability of Kevlar stockroom uniforms, if I was CCT.
Failing that, put a flak jacket on and pretend it's too much Thanksgiving dinner.
Guess who's coming back? That's right, my old boss.
I think it's time to tell you, that where you work is actually a Truman Show-esque reality TV show, where we all vote to make the most horrendous managerial decisions, and see how it plays out.
Don't tell them you are on to it. The camera is up in the corner, by that box.

Guess who's coming back? That's right, my old boss. A co-worker showed me a text that he got from my old boss where it said that he talked the powers to be, and that he was going to be back at work on Tuesday, December 1st.

Sounds like there will be a lot of awkward conversations happening.

I was just thinking of this. I'm sure there will be some idiots out there who get together and party (no social distancing, no masks) on Dec 31 because they think the virus is over.

This year has proven there are more idiots around than any of us thought possible.

Totally, buddy. It would have been particularly bobbins for the entire country to ease up on the lockdown....and watch it all from our window while we sat under quarantine for 2 weeks. We would have missed Lady Ks and the boys birthday. Although he gets to unwrap the PS5, which is a joint present between me and him, so it may not have been all terrible.

Glad the news was good! I do believe a PS5 actually cures COVID-19, according to the CDC.

I think it's time to tell you, that where you work is actually a Truman Show-esque reality TV show, where we all vote to make the most horrendous managerial decisions, and see how it plays out.

:rotfl2:

Uh yeah it is.

Hope you took Sunday to do... nothing.

Nah, that's when I did the lights on the outside of the house...which was fun.

Nope. We were, until earlier this year, only allowed to work 16 consecutive hours. That's now down to 12. But as long as there's 8 hours in between, we can do short changes (we do two in a cycle. Two evening shifts, two day shifts and the midnight shift.)

At least the number of hours are going down.

Of course she is. She's immortal, like the queen.

:thumbsup2

Yikes. Sounds like that should be... interesting. Wonder what the people he threw under the bus are thinking?

It will be interesting, that's for sure. They're probably ticked that he's coming back, I know I would be. I know this, he owes them, and a lot of other people an explanation, and an apology. Quitting, the way he did right before a holiday was wrong and things got screwed up because of it. He especially should pull the shipping guys aside and apologize for his little stunt. The shipping guys got screwed majorly over this and they have a right to be ticked off. I know I've lost respect for him and it's going to take time to get it back. My guess that the powers to be will keep him on a tight leash for a while so he won't make waves. This means that he won't, or shouldn't give me any grief over me changing my hours. I'm not one to cause problems, but I'm not giving up my new hours without a fight.

Tic,tic tic..........popcorn::

Yep...it's only a matter of time before this happens again.

I'm sure that helped soften blow.

I would certainly be enquiring about the availability of Kevlar stockroom uniforms, if I was CCT.
Failing that, put a flak jacket on and pretend it's too much Thanksgiving dinner.

:rotfl2: I'll have to contact a couple of my cop friends to see if they have any extras lying around.

Well that explains a lot that of happens around here. Question: Do they show what happens in the bathroom? I'm asking for a friend. 😗:teeth:[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Uh yeah it is.

At least the number of hours are going down.

:thumbsup2

It will be interesting, that's for sure. They're probably ticked that he's coming back, I know I would be. I know this, he owes them, and a lot of other people an explanation, and an apology. Quitting, the way he did right before a holiday was wrong and things got screwed up because of it. He especially should pull the shipping guys aside and apologize for his little stunt. The shipping guys got screwed majorly over this and they have a right to be ticked off. I know I've lost respect for him and it's going to take time to get it back. My guess that the powers to be will keep him on a tight leash for a while so he won't make waves. This means that he won't, or shouldn't give me any grief over me changing my hours. I'm not one to cause problems, but I'm not giving up my new hours without a fight.

Yep...it's only a matter of time before this happens again.

I'm sure that helped soften blow.

:rotfl2: I'll have to contact a couple of my cop friends to see if they have any extras lying around.

Well that explains a lot that of happens around here. Question: Do they show what happens in the bathroom? I'm asking for a friend. 😗:teeth:
[/QUOTE]
We can't tell you that. But let's just say I'm glad smell-o-vision never took off.

Totally, buddy. It would have been particularly bobbins for the entire country to ease up on the lockdown....and watch it all from our window while we sat under quarantine for 2 weeks. We would have missed Lady Ks and the boys birthday.
Double whammy. Glad it won’t happen. For now at least.
Although he gets to unwrap the PS5, which is a joint present between me and him, so it may not have been all terrible.
::yes::
Don’t tell him where the camera is!!!
This year has proven there are more idiots around than any of us thought possible.
This is soooo true.
Always. Just ask Chevy Chase.
At least the number of hours are going down
True
know this, he owes them, and a lot of other people an explanation, and an apology.
Think he’ll give one?
He especially should pull the shipping guys aside and apologize for his little stunt. The shipping guys got screwed majorly over this and they have a right to be ticked off.
Yikes. And yes he should.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter