• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning, Gents, from a very windy and wet Cape Cod. Started raining late yesterday afternoon and continued through the night. At one point I thought either the house was going to blow away, ala Wizard of Oz, or we would have had to attach pontoons to the side of the house so it'd float....either way, we made it through ok. Ok, so the wind wasn't that bad, supposed to have topped out at around 30 mph, just sounded bad with the rain. Well, today's the day my boss comes back, so we'll see how this works out. As I said before, he won't make waves upon first returning...he better not. Actually, the guy I work with was nervous we hadn't gotten an E&O (Excess and Obsolescence) project done yet because he didn't want our boss to get mad. I told him don't worry about, that our boss has absolutely no right to come in and get mad at us for not getting a project done after how busy it was last week and the stunt he pulled. He's still not convinced, but I am. Well, that's it, gents...have a good day.

TTFN

We can't tell you that. But let's just say I'm glad smell-o-vision never took off.

:lmao:

Don’t tell him where the camera is!!!

"Oh come on! Tell me! Please?!"

Always. Just ask Chevy Chase.

(plugs all the lights in and turns them on. Just then the power output of the power plant goes down) :laughing:

:thumbsup2

Think he’ll give one?

Maybe not to everyone, certainly not me because I wasn't affected directly by it, but I think he'll say something in the stand up meeting, if they have one. As for the people he threw under the bus in that stand up meeting? Yeah, I think he will. He'll need to mend bridges if he's ever going to be an effective manager again. Otherwise if he doesn't nothing will ever get done.

Yikes. And yes he should.

Mhmm

Morning, Gents, from a very windy and wet Cape Cod. Started raining late yesterday afternoon and continued through the night. At one point I thought either the house was going to blow away, ala Wizard of Oz, or we would have had to attach pontoons to the side of the house so it'd float....either way, we made it through ok. Ok, so the wind wasn't that bad, supposed to have topped out at around 30 mph, just sounded bad with the rain.

Sounds like here.

In fact, it has been so rainy and windy that I am at the office so I can shower, no power at home. DW is with me because she didn't want to teach all day without showering first. Women! ;)

Really warm here this morning as well, pushing 60F and we are suppose to have another day or two of this rain and wind.

Have a good one all.

Sounds like here.

In fact, it has been so rainy and windy that I am at the office so I can shower, no power at home.

It's a good thing you have a shower at the office. A law firm in Boston I use to work for had one that I'd use after I'd work out at lunch...it was nice. I was afraid we were going to lose power last night as well, but thankfully we didn't.

DW is with me because she didn't want to teach all day without showering first. Women! ;)

Right?! It's like they want to look pretty or something. I mean, really. :teeth:

Really warm here this morning as well, pushing 60F and we are suppose to have another day or two of this rain and wind.

It's warm here, too, and it would it would be around 60F as well...I'm afraid we're going to get a cold snap come December.

Have a good one all.

:wave2:

Last edited:
Morning gents. Last day off then back to the grindstone. Actually, tomorrow should be a fairly easy day as I'm coming in to audit an exam the super wrote. If there aren't too many corrections, it should be an easy day.
At one point I thought either the house was going to blow away, ala Wizard of Oz, or we would have had to attach pontoons to the side of the house so it'd float....either way, we made it through ok.
Glad the pontoons worked out.
Well, today's the day my boss comes back, so we'll see how this works out.
popcorn::
I told him don't worry about, that our boss has absolutely no right to come in and get mad at us for not getting a project done after how busy it was last week and the stunt he pulled.
Boss: "Why isn't the E&O project done!"
Staff: "Sorry boss. Was a really busy week."
Boss: "That's no excuse!"
Staff: "Well, that and our boss insulted everyone and then quit on us. Maybe if we had all quit too it would've gotten done?"
(plugs all the lights in and turns them on. Just then the power output of the power plant goes down) :laughing:
:thumbsup2
I think he'll say something in the stand up meeting, if they have one.
I have my doubts... Let us know. Pretty curious.
As for the people he threw under the bus in that stand up meeting? Yeah, I think he will. He'll need to mend bridges if he's ever going to be an effective manager again. Otherwise if he doesn't nothing will ever get done.
Yeah, he'll get lots of pushback. Maybe he'd quit again.
In fact, it has been so rainy and windy that I am at the office so I can shower, no power at home.
Why? Just stand outside.
DW is with me because she didn't want to teach all day without showering first. Women! ;)
I hope you washed up when you were done.
What he said.

Last day off then back to the grindstone.
Same for me.
Starting night shift tomorrow. But still going back to work, so I shouldn’t complain.
I don’t really feel ready to go back. With all the Christmas tree and lights decorating on top of regular Mr. Mom housework, I didn’t have a lot of downtime .
Maybe it will feel like a break back at work.

Starting night shift tomorrow. But still going back to work, so I shouldn’t complain.
Don’t know how you do all those nights in a row. 4 in a row was more than enough for me.
I don’t really feel ready to go back. With all the Christmas tree and lights decorating on top of regular Mr. Mom housework, I didn’t have a lot of downtime .
Need to pace yourself. Seriously.
:rolleyes1

Morning, Gents! Day 1 of the return of the boss went off just as I suspected it would: Calm and quiet. He came in to check in on us in the morning and then left. Thankfully he didn't talk to me as I really didn't feel like talking to him. He still doesn't know I changed my hours so I leave at 4pm instead of 5pm....I'll let him find out. They didn't have a standup meeting, so I don't know if he apologized to the two people he threw under the bus, but he did talk to the guys in the warehouse. From what I heard, he apologized and said that he'll do things differently if he sticks around. Yeah, if he sticks around. He doesn't even know if he's going to stick around. My guess is he's already started looking for a new job. Either way he was very quiet yesterday and didn't talk to too many people. Well, that's all I've got. Have a good day, gents, and we'll chat later.

TTFN

Morning gents. Last day off then back to the grindstone. Actually, tomorrow should be a fairly easy day as I'm coming in to audit an exam the super wrote. If there aren't too many corrections, it should be an easy day.

May you have an easy day, my friend.

Glad the pontoons worked out.

So are we.

Read above, but over all an easy day.

Staff: "Well, that and our boss insulted everyone and then quit on us. Maybe if we had all quit too it would've gotten done?"

:lmao: That would have been funny to say to him....too bad I didn't get a chance.

:teeth:

I have my doubts... Let us know. Pretty curious.

Didn't have one...an easy out for him.

Yeah, he'll get lots of pushback. Maybe he'd quit again.

I hope he does. I shouldn't say that because I do like the guy, and he's been wonderful to me, but he can be annoying to work with sometimes. Then there's this stunt he pulled in quitting. I just lost all respect for him.

Same for me.

I felt the same when I went back to work.

Morning boys.

I own a weird dog. Does anyone else have a pet that will only eat if you put each individual kibble on the carpet in front of them??

No, but I own a lab, who's supposed to like water, but hates going to the bathroom in the rain. Maybe that's most dogs, but he's a little princess when it comes to rain.

Morning boys.

I own a weird dog. Does anyone else have a pet that will only eat if you put each individual kibble on the carpet in front of them??
No...can't say I have a dog as wierd as yours, but considering the owner, I can't say I'm surprised. :duck:

If you don't do that, eventually it will get hungry enough and eat out of the bowl. Problem is, we often think they will starve. My mom, when she was watching my dog INSISTED she would not eat unless something was added to her food. Again...if she gets hungry enough, that is NOT the case.

Granted, she likes it better when we add something, but then again, she's just spoiled.

No, but I own a lab, who's supposed to like water, but hates going to the bathroom in the rain. Maybe that's most dogs, but he's a little princess when it comes to rain.
I think it's the rain vs. a standing body of water. My lab was terrified of the rain (well mostly the thunder), but didn't have a problem swimming at the lake or baths.

:rotfl2: I'd love to see that conversation play out.

Hang in there. Will you get any time off for the holidays?

From what I heard, he apologized and said that he'll do things differently if he sticks around. Yeah, if he sticks around. He doesn't even know if he's going to stick around. My guess is he's already started looking for a new job.

Surely this will end well.

Well, I don't have a dog, so no. But I have a 6-year-old who sometimes seems just as picky.

Morning Guys.

Another mild day here today, lots of rain yesterday making the rivers and streams pretty high this morning. It would have been a great day to do some waterfall photography but too much to do in the office.

we don't have a dog anymore but we do have a cat that can be a weird eater.

Brrrrrrrrr...

Hay y'all.
Hope every one is well.
Been MIA again while we are going through the nightmare of closing the books at work. It keeps me employed for the time being but wears me out to the point where I don't want to do anything once I get home.
(that and the holiday blues, but I doing a mite better on that front this so far)

Now back to my first comment.
Our heater failed the night before the holidays started. Meaning it was a couple of days before I could get someone out to look at it. Once they finally got here, the problem was "relatively" minor, but the parts needed to correct it had to be approved by the insurance folks and then ordered, so another couple days wait. Once approved, the parts would then take a couple more days to ship. Net result, we're without any heat for a bit more then a week now.

Guess when exactly the local weather decides to take its' first nose-dive since March...

It ain't anything like what a lot of y'all see, but for us temps are down in the middle 30s F overnight and the house - while well insulated - is now down to the mid 50s F. Blankets, sweaters and the gas-fireplace help, but like being at work, it's just tiring.

Well enough of my griping.
What's up with all y'all?

Almost forgot, have a good one!
Camel GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Our heater failed the night before the holidays started. Meaning it was a couple of days before I could get someone out to look at it. Once they finally got here, the problem was "relatively" minor, but the parts needed to correct it had to be approved by the insurance folks and then ordered, so another couple days wait. Once approved, the parts would then take a couple more days to ship. Net result, we're without any heat for a bit more then a week now.

Guess when exactly the local weather decides to take its' first nose-dive since March...

It ain't anything like what a lot of y'all see, but for us temps are down in the middle 30s F overnight and the house - while well insulated - is now down to the mid 50s F. Blankets, sweaters and the gas-fireplace help, but like being at work, it's just tiring.

Ugh. Well, that's no fun. Do you have any old encyclopedias lying around you could toss in a trash can and burn up for heat? I remember when this happened to us I asked my wife if she really needed all of those Nicholas Sparks novels.

Brrrrrrrrr...

Hay y'all.
Hope every one is well.
Been MIA again while we are going through the nightmare of closing the books at work. It keeps me employed for the time being but wears me out to the point where I don't want to do anything once I get home.
(that and the holiday blues, but I doing a mite better on that front this so far)

Well enough of my griping.
What's up with all y'all?
praying

Day 1 of the return of the boss went off just as I suspected it would: Calm and quiet. He came in to check in on us in the morning and then left
Well that was anticlimactic. I wanted stuff thrown!
From what I heard, he apologized and said that he'll do things differently if he sticks around. Yeah, if he sticks around.
Wow. I wonder just how bad the company needs this guy.
I get that. My dogs go... but they blame me for the weather.
No...can't say I have a dog as wierd as yours, but considering the owner, I can't say I'm surprised.
:lmao:
If you don't do that, eventually it will get hungry enough and eat out of the bowl.
She will. I found it more amusing than anything.
Have you thought about putting their bowl under your wife’s chair at the table?
Interesting thought. I mean she feeds them from there all the time...
:rotfl2: I'd love to see that conversation play out.
::yes::
Well, I don't have a dog, so no. But I have a 6-year-old who sometimes seems just as picky.
He didn’t seem to have a problem when I saw him.
we don't have a dog anymore but we do have a cat that can be a weird eater.
That’s different. Dogs are pets. Cats are junior citizens.
It keeps me employed for the time being but wears me out to the point where I don't want to do anything once I get home.
Man. That sure sounds busy. Hope you can relax a lot when you get home.
that and the holiday blues, but I doing a mite better on that front this so far
Better is good. :)
Come here and we’ll do what we can to help out.
Wow, that’s a hassle! And mid-30s is cold enough.
Up here if the furnace breaks down, the gas company will come out and check it for free. I suspect they get reimbursed by the govt or something
Sorry to hear. Dress is always tiring. Hang in there.
I remember when this happened to us I asked my wife if she really needed all of those Nicholas Sparks novels.
And she’s still with you. I’m impressed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter