• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Mornin' Chaps! Working 4, 10's this week and yesterday was my random day off. Meant to get on here yesterday and get caught up with all the posts, but, I didn't. No excuse, just didn't. Contacted one of my DD's friend's mom to see if she wanted to get the girls together for a play date, so arranged a beach day yesterday. Not quite the beach day weather, but still had fun. Otherwise things are well. Have a good day, fellas, and we'll chat later.

TTFN

Eating pizza is always a good way to get in shape.

Right?! Great way to get into shape. A nice round shape.

Push mower...
It's an underground nest in the middle of the front yard and I just merrily strolled right over it. Didn't realize the problem until after getting stung. At least I'm not allergic, but those critters are right nasty and the bits are still swollen and aching considerable.

I got someone coming out to deal with it though. There are way too many young'ens runnin' 'round my neighborhood to be leaving something like that unattended to.

Kind of like the time I disturbed an underground nest while gardening. That hurt. I feel your pain, my friend. But word of advice: Don't disturb them next time. :confused3 :teeth:

Morning chaps from a Sunny London. Had a big shock at my local car service centre today. Took the jeep in to check out the brakes as we are at almost 30,000 miles and I'm just about to do a tour of Scotland, and asked them to check the battery as well as the stop/start is not kicking in.
An hour later they ring me, and I think "here we go".
"Just a courtesy call sir, we've checked your brakes and we think there is at least another year on them. We checked your battery, and it's output is fine, it's just doing a funny software thing, so no works needed"
"Err OK thanks. How much for checking it over?"
"No charge sir, just remember us when you are coming up for your next service"

You can bet your sweet heiney I'm taking the jeep there from now on.

Kind of like the time I disturbed an underground nest while gardening. That hurt.
Not the same, but the boy took a sting off a hornet in Disney. He'd put his pool float jacket down for a couple of minutes to mess around and then picked it up with the hornet inside. He was pretty cool about it, even when I was taking the sting out with a needle.
Funny enough he got a bee sting on Sunday, looked down and the sting was half hanging out. He just pulled it out, came in for some antseptic and carried on.

Super quiet today at work, so catching up on old hot wings episodes whilst chipping away at he email mountain.

Have a good one boys

Poor little guys. Minding their own business and then some jerk comes along and destroys their home for no reason. I'd want to go all Chuck Norris on that dude, too.
:laughing: I can see their point of view, but really it just comes under the category of "Last great act of defiance".

Had they left me alone, there entire nest wouldn't be scheduled for eradication this morning.

Kind of like the time I disturbed an underground nest while gardening. That hurt. I feel your pain, my friend. But word of advice: Don't disturb them next time. :confused3 :teeth:
Underground nest... you don't know it's there until you walk in the middle of 'em. which is a problem as they're just a couple feet from the road in a neighborhood that is chock-a-block full of young'ens runnin'' around outside while school is still out.

Hard to find a good garage. I'd be going back there as well.
Hopefully they do as good a job on actual repairs as they do on fair diagnostics.

:eek: I'm not sure that sentence has ever been uttered in a repair shop before.

:laughing: I can see their point of view, but really it just comes under the category of "Last great act of defiance".

Had they left me alone, there entire nest wouldn't be scheduled for eradication this morning.

Sort of the PIckett's Charge of the hornet world.

:eek: I'm not sure that sentence has ever been uttered in a repair shop before.
No charge, or Sweet Heiney? Probably both.
I reckon there is a little Yellow Jacket who's job it is to chronicle such heroic events, and this is surely the Battle of Mowers Run, where the selfless Yellow Jacket Brigade protected their families and territory.

We had the realtor lower the price on the house 10K and are getting lots of showings. I messaged and told her I wasn't taking a penny less, and was keeping possession until a week after I closed on the new house, and that would be the phrasing in the contract. Any other offer would be rejected, so don't even bring it. Apparently, there are two offers in the works already, but none submitted. Maybe this was her plan all along - sell it cheap to a friend/ realtor. I do like a good conspiracy theory. Oh well. It gets DW her new house and will make her happy.
Possibly, but it might work in your favor too...might end up with a bidding war.

My heiney isn't sweet...kinda smelly ;)
That is a rare thing (honesty and integrity in a repair shop...I think 8 legged unicorns are more common) and ::yes::, I'd take my vehicle back there.

He was pretty cool about it, even when I was taking the sting out with a needle.
Strange...wasps and hornets don't normally lose their sting like bees...no barbs in the stinger

He's a trooper

Had they left me alone, there entire nest wouldn't be scheduled for eradication this morning
Their audicity was their downfall.

Afternoon from the gates of hell - 100+ degree heat indexes. Cubs have tanked and should be hearing of the unloading via trades of the remaining core that brought a WS Championship over the next 24 hours. DD is doing good being pregnant. SHe had to go back for more tests for gestational diabetes and all turned out good. In typical DD fashion her reply to us after the good news was "Yes it is good news. I was ok loosing an organ (gallbladder removed back in May) for my baby but was going to be okay giving up my ice cream." :rotfl2:

Happy Friday Eve guys - stay safe out there!
People attending marathon weekend?

Well I guess that's another one crossed off the Cheer team......
I had your Pom Poms ready and everything.
If you come through AK maybe I'll pick up a tray of bloody marys for the finish line. I think CJ did that once.
And yes I may be drinking a little
Perfect stup - looks like a nice quiet time for you and the Mrs
No charge, or Sweet Heiney? Probably both.
#TWSS

Evening All,

back from the camping trip, things went well. Two days of hiking and 3 nights of sitting around the fire was a nice little vacation. DW says I need to find another spot before the summer ends so we'll see what I can come up with.

Moved one step closer to a new career, stay tuned.

Afternoon from the gates of hell - 100+ degree heat indexes. Cubs have tanked and should be hearing of the unloading via trades of the remaining core that brought a WS Championship over the next 24 hours. DD is doing good being pregnant. SHe had to go back for more tests for gestational diabetes and all turned out good. In typical DD fashion her reply to us after the good news was "Yes it is good news. I was ok loosing an organ (gallbladder removed back in May) for my baby but was going to be okay giving up my ice cream." :rotfl2:

Great news on DD, sucks about the Cubbies. Looks like your Blawkhawks got a steal for a new goalie. Just shows once again that Fleury doesn't get the respect he deserves.

Last edited:
Well, my plan worked. Lowered the price $10K and got an offer $2K over what we lowered it to, along with several other showing requests. The realtor didn't listen, as contract had a possession date listed.

But then ....

DW called the home builder, who said the house won't be ready until October, 2 months after the contracted building completion date.

Now, the contract is vague, stating "shortly after", so does 2 months fall in that? Of course, we now feel the new home builder is being dishonest, or at least shady, for not telling us about a 2 month delay. We wouldn't have lowered the price on our house had we known we could have waited 2 more months.

Not sure what to do now. We may meet with the builder to figure out why they woukd try to withhold that information, as now, I don't know to trust them with building the house. What other things will they cover up? I could ask them for some compensation, but if they decline, not sure if I have recourse against them. I don't know how you all move.

will touch base with our final plans next week and see if we can make it work. Southwest has changed out flights twice so far, we are doing Downtown Disney on the 7th, and maybe a but on the 13 depending on what our outbound flights ends up being

thought you were "retired" why are you picking up 40hrs

THe things we do to make them happy

Well there is your problem You should be drinking alot

I'm working to keep up with DW's spending. And to buy more guns and ammo.

Morning chaps from a Sunny London. Had a big shock at my local car service centre today. Took the jeep in to check out the brakes as we are at almost 30,000 miles and I'm just about to do a tour of Scotland, and asked them to check the battery as well as the stop/start is not kicking in.
An hour later they ring me, and I think "here we go".
"Just a courtesy call sir, we've checked your brakes and we think there is at least another year on them. We checked your battery, and it's output is fine, it's just doing a funny software thing, so no works needed"
"Err OK thanks. How much for checking it over?"

Not the same, but the boy took a sting off a hornet in Disney. He'd put his pool float jacket down for a couple of minutes to mess around and then picked it up with the hornet inside. He was pretty cool about it, even when I was taking the sting out with a needle.
Funny enough he got a bee sting on Sunday, looked down and the sting was half hanging out. He just pulled it out, came in for some antseptic and carried on.

Super quiet today at work, so catching up on old hot wings episodes whilst chipping away at he email mountain.

Have a good one boys

Did you get the air rotated in your tires? That's important before a long trip.

Possibly, but it might work in your favor too...might end up with a bidding war.

My heiney isn't sweet...kinda smelly ;)
That is a rare thing (honesty and integrity in a repair shop...I think 8 legged unicorns are more common) and ::yes::, I'd take my vehicle back there.

Strange...wasps and hornets don't normally lose their sting like bees...no barbs in the stinger

He's a trooper

Their audicity was their downfall.

Yeah, we got offers right away. I figured as much.

Happy Friday Eve guys - stay safe out there!

If you come through AK maybe I'll pick up a tray of bloody marys for the finish line. I think CJ did that once.

Perfect stup - looks like a nice quiet time for you and the Mrs

#TWSS

Glad to hear she is doing well. My daughter is still early with the morning sickness phase, and she hopes it will end soon.

Now, the contract is vague, stating "shortly after", so does 2 months fall in that? Of course, we now feel the new home builder is being dishonest, or at least shady, for not telling us about a 2 month delay. We wouldn't have lowered the price on our house had we known we could have waited 2 more months.
Nothing says you have to ACCEPT the offers. So...if you need to wait 2 months, get rid of the crappy realtor and try again. On the other hand, usually selling BEFORE school starts back up us better time to sell.

Morning chaps from a overcast London. Wheels down for the weekend, T Bone steaks over wood Fiorentina style tonight. This makes Danny a happy camper. There may be a Cheeky cigar and Bourbon in the mix as well. Here's hoping.

Not sure what to do now. We may meet with the builder to figure out why they woukd try to withhold that information, as now, I don't know to trust them with building the house. What other things will they cover up? I could ask them for some compensation, but if they decline, not sure if I have recourse against them. I don't know how you all move.
As someone who is in the construction game, deliveries in are ridiculous right now. It is taking me 70 days to get something across the globe that used to take me 20. And construction materials are in short supply globally.
And you only let the client know once you are past the point of no return. Sometimes if you are too honest too early, you end up chasing rainbows. Its totally not cool that you are in this situation, but it won't the first or the last project that gets pushed back this year.
Wrong. I'm grumpy if someone tries to make me drink that vile liquid.
Do you not like coffee Doc? Huh. That's news. ;)
My daughter is still early with the morning sickness phase, and she hopes it will end soon.
Yeah, Lady K went 9 months throwing up, her last morning sickness was in the delivery room. She threw up about 30 times in a day for a week or so and had to go in for fluids. All the best to her, that bit is no fun.
DD is doing good being pregnant. She had to go back for more tests for gestational diabetes and all turned out good.
Good news Mikey, not that long now?
True statement....only thing more rare is good coffee (see reference to 8 legged unicorn)
Setting aside you apparent distaste for the bean, as a coffee fan, this is definitely true in Disney. The lack of good espresso is shocking. That's what ya get for sticking Starbucks everywhere.

Have a good one guys

Mornin', Gents! Leaving early again, so just stopping by to hey. Had a good day yesterday over all. I did have one patient get upset with me over my answer about some prescriptions and a referral. She didn't like that I told that the doctor will send the prescription electronically. To her, she wanted proof right then and there. She actually demanded that I go back and talk to the doctor about her meds. Yeah, not gonna happen lady. Then came the referral. She wanted me to contact the doctor she was being referred to, without me even knowing the doctor's name, and schedule her appointment right then. Not the way it happens. 99% of the time things go smoothly with patients, a few questions, sure, but for the most part all is ok. This lady? a pain the butt. I've not wanted to slap someone so hard in my life. The patients behind her gave me major kudos for handling her the way I did. Today is my last 10 hour day this week, and we only have 13 patients today, this will be fun. Well, gotta get going. I do like the random day off in the middle of the week when I do 4, 10's, but I have to leave early. So I'll try and get back to the boards tonight.

TTFN

Yeah, Lady K went 9 months throwing up, her last morning sickness was in the delivery room. She threw up about 30 times in a day for a week or so and had to go in for fluids. All the best to her, that bit is no fun.
Wow, that's rough. Guess the boy got his toughness from her?

I've not wanted to slap someone so hard in my life.
Good job CCT...she definitely deserved it.

The patients behind her gave me major kudos for handling her the way I did.
Rousing round of cheers when you slapped her? Must have been a real Karen.

On a side note...throws me for a loop every time I or someone else does initials for your name...
when I lived in GA and worked downtown, I took the express bus....Cobb County Transit aka CCT. ;)

This lady? a pain the butt. I've not wanted to slap someone so hard in my life. The patients behind her gave me major kudos for handling her the way I did.
I did 12 years of Retail, so I have hundreds of these. You can pick out people who haven't worked in a customer facing environment a mile off. Some senses of entitlement beggar belief. I had a famously low tolerance for people speaking to the manager, and unless my guys were completely in the wrong, I'd back them 100%. I used to work the counter in the record shops at least an hour a day to see the floor was running, even when I ran the biggest one on Oxford St. It used to be vaguely amusing when people would tell me they either knew the manager, or had spoken to him earlier, so what they were trying to pull was totally fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter