DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

DD is doing good being pregnant. SHe had to go back for more tests for gestational diabetes and all turned out good. In typical DD fashion her reply to us after the good news was "Yes it is good news. I was ok loosing an organ (gallbladder removed back in May) for my baby but was going to be okay giving up my ice cream." :rotfl2:

I'm glad she has her priorities straight!

back from the camping trip, things went well. Two days of hiking and 3 nights of sitting around the fire was a nice little vacation. DW says I need to find another spot before the summer ends so we'll see what I can come up with.

Seems like you've been having a pretty enjoyable summer.

Moved one step closer to a new career, stay tuned.

popcorn::

DW called the home builder, who said the house won't be ready until October, 2 months after the contracted building completion date.

Now, the contract is vague, stating "shortly after", so does 2 months fall in that? Of course, we now feel the new home builder is being dishonest, or at least shady, for not telling us about a 2 month delay. We wouldn't have lowered the price on our house had we known we could have waited 2 more months.

As someone who is in the construction game, deliveries in are ridiculous right now. It is taking me 70 days to get something across the globe that used to take me 20. And construction materials are in short supply globally.
And you only let the client know once you are past the point of no return. Sometimes if you are too honest too early, you end up chasing rainbows. Its totally not cool that you are in this situation, but it won't the first or the last project that gets pushed back this year.

Like Dan said, sometimes there are just situations out of everyone's control. I have a group of techs who work for me who get all riled up every time a job is cancelled at the last minute, and they always demand that we schedule all of our work at least 7 days in advance for them. They've been here for 20 years and should know better by now. We try our best, but this is construction. Sometimes materials get delayed. Sometimes it rains. There are all sorts of things that can happen. Sometimes they try to tell me that "we never had changes like this before" and I always come back and say, "You mean it never rained once in the last 20 years?"

My daughter is still early with the morning sickness phase, and she hopes it will end soon.

Hope she gets better. That's no fun.

T Bone steaks over wood Fiorentina style tonight.

aH-Czv9hv9nZZbuWOsINKiTJVsXXPtPJZNm6bIi0wOAhdJY7imY6jrp6NP1AW71deFAyZmi-yDU39jwK9_nvl2SVT4hD9ZmfChjE6YIXCApfj_-WDEirdKTR4eQ5pYWW4e4a8GMeMpu-7YtxKc86iirL3WbpsuU5L2YG_9qN0D2VIg90JreLJB019rcWgkOBMXBZTB8qIyUtIA1ejFvRNr47IOBK_2k-_zKRrTUkpvM-CBSE7J6OsbWkHXDCn6wRycvL51tIUNneR334sFirOOT0vovIamVZAfIwfzfNgHHDD4AlxkzT_npmYsXLx3stOFoSSMTWd_wxqtHW7FFHYz24ELVgh6jbkPjaEgdGscEGVGPAPaXw-PUpLMGVLoKV3N19XLxgKOOEk8bngIGIoeBGx5GQpeN_-isjbZR0WcgEkRgrlu_r7YKcJwflXGOcwp8FpeZHelWn4Mu4JZkvuVFmNWhqFbZPirSoL_9gVmxRw_t7HmucKEqHAhUSHBw6S4sD0jC3NH2Tw1XyLmQPHujfHCKwIxm_MXKkVyd88ehl3E3fkU3y3Ps_tkE2nozV7t2VNHGmXrs6yPRPM7oDC_Y2YpLSCZzj-elqw6WE0aUeUllqHw-8Q18KsZjnSvWRit2-jonhyRTDcqN9sKklyrKlOZ8dz_5_Swpk1FjFo5HiQnFVgxODxvlefa_27gXceAQ_AHmAdfqyS5-0peIofyU=w279-h320-no

Mornin', Gents! Leaving early again, so just stopping by to hey. Had a good day yesterday over all. I did have one patient get upset with me over my answer about some prescriptions and a referral. She didn't like that I told that the doctor will send the prescription electronically. To her, she wanted proof right then and there. She actually demanded that I go back and talk to the doctor about her meds. Yeah, not gonna happen lady. Then came the referral. She wanted me to contact the doctor she was being referred to, without me even knowing the doctor's name, and schedule her appointment right then. Not the way it happens. 99% of the time things go smoothly with patients, a few questions, sure, but for the most part all is ok. This lady? a pain the butt.

It's no fun being the grown-up, is it?

Another fun day at the hospital. Did the extra work to get people expedited for discharge this weekend. I guess I could just push it off on the next employee, but it's only the patient that suffers then.

Nothing says you have to ACCEPT the offers. So...if you need to wait 2 months, get rid of the crappy realtor and try again. On the other hand, usually selling BEFORE school starts back up us better time to sell.

And interest rates are low right now. They may not go up that much in 2 months, but will.

Morning chaps from a overcast London. Wheels down for the weekend, T Bone steaks over wood Fiorentina style tonight. This makes Danny a happy camper. There may be a Cheeky cigar and Bourbon in the mix as well. Here's hoping.

As someone who is in the construction game, deliveries in are ridiculous right now. It is taking me 70 days to get something across the globe that used to take me 20. And construction materials are in short supply globally.
And you only let the client know once you are past the point of no return. Sometimes if you are too honest too early, you end up chasing rainbows. Its totally not cool that you are in this situation, but it won't the first or the last project that gets pushed back this year.

Do you not like coffee Doc? Huh. That's news. ;)

Yeah, Lady K went 9 months throwing up, her last morning sickness was in the delivery room. She threw up about 30 times in a day for a week or so and had to go in for fluids. All the best to her, that bit is no fun.

Good news Mikey, not that long now?

Setting aside you apparent distaste for the bean, as a coffee fan, this is definitely true in Disney. The lack of good espresso is shocking. That's what ya get for sticking Starbucks everywhere.

Have a good one guys

I understand delays. I also understand common courtesy. I also get deception. When we talked with them on Tuesday, all was on schedule. Yesterday, the house is delayed 2 months. That's a big global supply chain difference in 2 days, especially when the house has been framed, bricked, roofed, and waiting drywall.

Mornin', Gents! Leaving early again, so just stopping by to hey. Had a good day yesterday over all. I did have one patient get upset with me over my answer about some prescriptions and a referral. She didn't like that I told that the doctor will send the prescription electronically. To her, she wanted proof right then and there. She actually demanded that I go back and talk to the doctor about her meds. Yeah, not gonna happen lady. Then came the referral. She wanted me to contact the doctor she was being referred to, without me even knowing the doctor's name, and schedule her appointment right then. Not the way it happens. 99% of the time things go smoothly with patients, a few questions, sure, but for the most part all is ok. This lady? a pain the butt. I've not wanted to slap someone so hard in my life. The patients behind her gave me major kudos for handling her the way I did. Today is my last 10 hour day this week, and we only have 13 patients today, this will be fun. Well, gotta get going. I do like the random day off in the middle of the week when I do 4, 10's, but I have to leave early. So I'll try and get back to the boards tonight.

TTFN

Yes, we get a few of the overdemanding patients as well. Ours all are e-scribed now though. I guess we could do business like construction and tell them their pain meds will be there and then send then 2 months later.

I'm glad she has her priorities straight!

Seems like you've been having a pretty enjoyable summer.

popcorn::

Like Dan said, sometimes there are just situations out of everyone's control. I have a group of techs who work for me who get all riled up every time a job is cancelled at the last minute, and they always demand that we schedule all of our work at least 7 days in advance for them. They've been here for 20 years and should know better by now. We try our best, but this is construction. Sometimes materials get delayed. Sometimes it rains. There are all sorts of things that can happen. Sometimes they try to tell me that "we never had changes like this before" and I always come back and say, "You mean it never rained once in the last 20 years?"

Hope she gets better. That's no fun.

aH-Czv9hv9nZZbuWOsINKiTJVsXXPtPJZNm6bIi0wOAhdJY7imY6jrp6NP1AW71deFAyZmi-yDU39jwK9_nvl2SVT4hD9ZmfChjE6YIXCApfj_-WDEirdKTR4eQ5pYWW4e4a8GMeMpu-7YtxKc86iirL3WbpsuU5L2YG_9qN0D2VIg90JreLJB019rcWgkOBMXBZTB8qIyUtIA1ejFvRNr47IOBK_2k-_zKRrTUkpvM-CBSE7J6OsbWkHXDCn6wRycvL51tIUNneR334sFirOOT0vovIamVZAfIwfzfNgHHDD4AlxkzT_npmYsXLx3stOFoSSMTWd_wxqtHW7FFHYz24ELVgh6jbkPjaEgdGscEGVGPAPaXw-PUpLMGVLoKV3N19XLxgKOOEk8bngIGIoeBGx5GQpeN_-isjbZR0WcgEkRgrlu_r7YKcJwflXGOcwp8FpeZHelWn4Mu4JZkvuVFmNWhqFbZPirSoL_9gVmxRw_t7HmucKEqHAhUSHBw6S4sD0jC3NH2Tw1XyLmQPHujfHCKwIxm_MXKkVyd88ehl3E3fkU3y3Ps_tkE2nozV7t2VNHGmXrs6yPRPM7oDC_Y2YpLSCZzj-elqw6WE0aUeUllqHw-8Q18KsZjnSvWRit2-jonhyRTDcqN9sKklyrKlOZ8dz_5_Swpk1FjFo5HiQnFVgxODxvlefa_27gXceAQ_AHmAdfqyS5-0peIofyU=w279-h320-no

And hopefully your people communicate that with others. Sure, I get that people don't respond as quickly as in the health care world, but I thought it was still about customer service.

Morning guys from a overcast London. We are out today to a "Cruella" themed afternoon tea at the Lanesborough. The boy wants to hit Forbidden Planet first, so not too shabby a day today. Afternoon tea is one of my favourite things in the world, and if you are ever over this neck of the woods, something that you should absolutely do.

I haven't felt this good in a long time.
TWSS?
Good luck on the work stuff bud, hope it plays out your way.
Is that so? When did we meet or talk? Hmm?"
:lmao:
Yeah, you'd string it out for as long as you can get away with, a couple of times I took it too long and just ended up looking like I was taking the p!ss, so then it backfires a bit on you.
But the general response was either "Oh Im sure he said he was the manager", Or "Maybe it wasn't this branch then". You always had to kind of give them an out to save face otherwise everything just escalates. Apart from thieves, who me and Pete, my best man who we lost to COVID last year, basically would take them out the back and sling them across the loading dock. I can't believe what we used to do to protect a major companies stock. We would chase them down alleyways in Tottenham, which if I found out the boy was doing, I would do my nut. Funny how your perspective changes as you get older. Fun times though, running a record shop at 23.

Morning Gents, welcome to Saturday. Sun is shinning right now but it isn't supposed to stay this way. Think I'll take it easy today.

Have a good one all.

Morning fellas.

And now I’m trying to think if I would ever say that out loud. Probably not.
Got my Sunday morning 5k run in. Now for a shower and then off to work.

Morning fellas.

And now I’m trying to think if I would ever say that out loud. Probably not.
Got my Sunday morning 5k run in. Now for a shower and then off to work.

Going to run after the F1 race, it is an interesting one.

Mornin', fellas! Had a good Daddy/Daughter day yesterday. I went out looking for new luggage for our trip to New Mexico at the end of the month and kind of turned it into a fun day with the DD, as much fun as you can have shopping, but I did try, and succeeded. We went Target in the mall, and then decided to do some window shopping. The DD wanted to stop at Claire's to get something for her cousins, which I think is sweet, but it's daddy who winds up paying for it. :teeth:

We're getting a new truck this week, well, used, but new to us. A friend died last year, not as a because of COVID, but indirectly related to. Like most of the country, with everything shut down, his doctor's appointment's have been online via Zoom. Had he been able to go into the office, the doctor probably would have caught something that wound up doing him in. Anyways, cutting the story short, we found out he didn't have a Will or Trust. So we worked with his sister, his next of kin, and got it for a really good deal. Now, I wouldn't take this truck on a road trip, but it is perfect for what we need: Dump runs and moving things. We got the title in the mail and will go to the DMV this week to get it in our name. So I'm quite excited. Not the truck I wanted, that was my DFiL's, but he sold it when he stopped driving. Grrrr But, it's a truck and we need one in the family. That's all I've got, have a good day, fellas.

TTFN

Morning chaps from a Sunny London. Had a big shock at my local car service centre today. Took the jeep in to check out the brakes as we are at almost 30,000 miles and I'm just about to do a tour of Scotland, and asked them to check the battery as well as the stop/start is not kicking in.
An hour later they ring me, and I think "here we go".
"Just a courtesy call sir, we've checked your brakes and we think there is at least another year on them. We checked your battery, and it's output is fine, it's just doing a funny software thing, so no works needed"
"Err OK thanks. How much for checking it over?"
"No charge sir, just remember us when you are coming up for your next service"

You can bet your sweet heiney I'm taking the jeep there from now on.

That's awesome! Love it when a business owner is honest like that.

Not the same, but the boy took a sting off a hornet in Disney. He'd put his pool float jacket down for a couple of minutes to mess around and then picked it up with the hornet inside. He was pretty cool about it, even when I was taking the sting out with a needle.
Funny enough he got a bee sting on Sunday, looked down and the sting was half hanging out. He just pulled it out, came in for some antseptic and carried on.

Super quiet today at work, so catching up on old hot wings episodes whilst chipping away at he email mountain.

Have a good one boys

Ah, I guess I read the original post wrong. Either way, at least he was cool about it.

Underground nest... you don't know it's there until you walk in the middle of 'em. which is a problem as they're just a couple feet from the road in a neighborhood that is chock-a-block full of young'ens runnin'' around outside while school is still out.

I got stung bad, but waited until the sun when down then went and sprayed a full can of hornet killer in the ground. Never saw them again.

Good job CCT...she definitely deserved it.

Don't take it the wrong way, I didn't slap her, but surely wanted to....oh did I want to.

Rousing round of cheers when you slapped her? Must have been a real Karen.

On a side note...throws me for a loop every time I or someone else does initials for your name...
when I lived in GA and worked downtown, I took the express bus....Cobb County Transit aka CCT. ;)

She was quite the Karen, but I had to be nice.

That's funny, I've never thought of my initials like that.

I did 12 years of Retail, so I have hundreds of these. You can pick out people who haven't worked in a customer facing environment a mile off. Some senses of entitlement beggar belief. I had a famously low tolerance for people speaking to the manager, and unless my guys were completely in the wrong, I'd back them 100%. I used to work the counter in the record shops at least an hour a day to see the floor was running, even when I ran the biggest one on Oxford St. It used to be vaguely amusing when people would tell me they either knew the manager, or had spoken to him earlier, so what they were trying to pull was totally fine.

You were a cool manager. I had a manger back me, like you did your employees, once while working at The Disney Store. A kid jumped into Plush Mountain and, being a good Cast Member, asked him very politely to come out. He started crying. The mom came over and asked what was going on. I told her, and her response was, "Well you should have come to me and asked me to get him out." My response, which my manager backed after being approached by the guest, "Ma'am, the store is crowded and and I had no idea who the mother was, so I asked the child politely to get out of Plush Mountain." She wasn't happy about it, but there was nothing she could do.

No it isn't. I want to crawl into my blanket fort and color.

Afternoon all from rainy New Brunswick. Mixed bag of weather for this long weekend so I guess it will be a quiet one.

Sounds like a good excuse to take a nap.

Yes, we get a few of the overdemanding patients as well. Ours all are e-scribed now though. I guess we could do business like construction and tell them their pain meds will be there and then send then 2 months later.

Good for you for taking the upper hand. I was nice as best I could be, checked her out and she left. Good riddance.

Morning Gents, welcome to Saturday. Sun is shinning right now but it isn't supposed to stay this way. Think I'll take it easy today.

Have a good one all.

See above post about taking a nap.

Morning folks.
Sun is shining here too except you can look at it with the naked eye with all the smoke.

View attachment 593513

Where are you? That's a lot of smoke.

Going to run after the F1 race, it is an interesting one.
Unfortunately I saw who won. Will watch the race though. Hoping to start in a bit.
friend died last year, not as a because of COVID, but indirectly related to. Like most of the country, with everything shut down, his doctor's appointment's have been online via Zoom. Had he been able to go into the office, the doctor probably would have caught something that wound up doing him in.
That’s horrible and tragic. :(

Happy Sunday. Mass this AM, then lost in doubles finals our local, annual tennis tournament today. Played bad, which made it worse. I guess I couldn't recover from the rest of the matches this weekend. Unpacked the stereo from garage and hooked it back up. It was nice to have some music again in the house. My oldest and her bf came over for dinner. It was a good day. I get tomorrow off to relax

Mornin', fellas! Had a good Daddy/Daughter day yesterday. I went out looking for new luggage for our trip to New Mexico at the end of the month and kind of turned it into a fun day with the DD, as much fun as you can have shopping, but I did try, and succeeded. We went Target in the mall, and then decided to do some window shopping. The DD wanted to stop at Claire's to get something for her cousins, which I think is sweet, but it's daddy who winds up paying for it. :teeth:

We're getting a new truck this week, well, used, but new to us. A friend died last year, not as a because of COVID, but indirectly related to. Like most of the country, with everything shut down, his doctor's appointment's have been online via Zoom. Had he been able to go into the office, the doctor probably would have caught something that wound up doing him in. Anyways, cutting the story short, we found out he didn't have a Will or Trust. So we worked with his sister, his next of kin, and got it for a really good deal. Now, I wouldn't take this truck on a road trip, but it is perfect for what we need: Dump runs and moving things. We got the title in the mail and will go to the DMV this week to get it in our name. So I'm quite excited. Not the truck I wanted, that was my DFiL's, but he sold it when he stopped driving. Grrrr But, it's a truck and we need one in the family. That's all I've got, have a good day, fellas.

TTFN

That's awesome! Love it when a business owner is honest like that.

Ah, I guess I read the original post wrong. Either way, at least he was cool about it.

I got stung bad, but waited until the sun when down then went and sprayed a full can of hornet killer in the ground. Never saw them again.

Don't take it the wrong way, I didn't slap her, but surely wanted to....oh did I want to.

She was quite the Karen, but I had to be nice.

That's funny, I've never thought of my initials like that.

You were a cool manager. I had a manger back me, like you did your employees, once while working at The Disney Store. A kid jumped into Plush Mountain and, being a good Cast Member, asked him very politely to come out. He started crying. The mom came over and asked what was going on. I told her, and her response was, "Well you should have come to me and asked me to get him out." My response, which my manager backed after being approached by the guest, "Ma'am, the store is crowded and and I had no idea who the mother was, so I asked the child politely to get out of Plush Mountain." She wasn't happy about it, but there was nothing she could do.

No it isn't. I want to crawl into my blanket fort and color.

Sounds like a good excuse to take a nap.

Good for you for taking the upper hand. I was nice as best I could be, checked her out and she left. Good riddance.

See above post about taking a nap.

Where are you? That's a lot of smoke.

Sorry to hear about your friend. In a way, you still get to remember him his truck. When my grandfather died, he had a single cab 1/2 ton 4×4 farm truck. I kept it awhile and had some good use out of, but it wasn't all that practical for me in the city.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter