DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Happy Friday all.

Career path change has been confirmed, after about 5 weeks of training I will be officially opening up my own travel agency. Signed the contracts yesterday.
Really! Congratulations on the new career!

Happy Friday Eve Dads! Since Dan hasn’t “called it” in a bit,

It's not my fault you let your subscription lapse.

In the spirit of good customer service....

Evening fellas from a sunny Leeds, about halfway to Scotland.
So....In true Scottish style....

Right. That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. Last one in Leaping Libations for Mai Tais takes Merida home. And let me tell ya, once she gets her fingers round that weapon and pulls one back, there's gonna be shootin all over the place. Just make sure you hit the target.

Have a great weekend chaps.

Happy Friday all.

Career path change has been confirmed, after about 5 weeks of training I will be officially opening up my own travel agency. Signed the contracts yesterday.
Awesome mate! Good luck!

Hello humans! Well, it’s been a very long time again since I posted here. Last time Dan put me on double secret probation. I’m not sure what happens this time. Something to do with sticking my tongue to a frozen pole?

Anyway, I hope everyone has been doing well. I’ve been fine, just busy with work and doing family stuff on days off.
I wanted to post these pictures here for those not on FB. I thought you might find it interesting.

I recently hiked the Skerwink Trail in Newfoundland 🇨🇦. I’m sharing it here because there is a Disney connection. As I write, Disney is in this area filming outdoor scenes for the live action Peter Pan & Wendy. I can’t say if this exact location in my pictures will be in the movie, but it does have a Neverland/Skull Rock look to it. It will be interesting to see the movie.

Fantastic Darcy!
If I ever have a need to change careers, I will have to reach out to you since being a TA is always something I thought about doing.
All the best to you!

Congratulations, Darcy! Hope it works out well for you.
Really! Congratulations on the new career!
Awesome mate! Good luck!
Congratulations!!!!
Fantastic Darcy!
If I ever have a need to change careers, I will have to reach out to you since being a TA is always something I thought about doing.
All the best to you!

Thanks Guys. I'm pretty excited about this and eager to get going.

Jeff, please do if you ever find yourself thinking about it. Another DisDad in BC was a big help to me in getting this going.

Hello humans! Well, it’s been a very long time again since I posted here. Last time Dan put me on double secret probation. I’m not sure what happens this time. Something to do with sticking my tongue to a frozen pole?

Anyway, I hope everyone has been doing well. I’ve been fine, just busy with work and doing family stuff on days off.
I wanted to post these pictures here for those not on FB. I thought you might find it interesting.

I recently hiked the Skerwink Trail in Newfoundland 🇨🇦. I’m sharing it here because there is a Disney connection. As I write, Disney is in this area filming outdoor scenes for the live action Peter Pan & Wendy. I can’t say if this exact location in my pictures will be in the movie, but it does have a Neverland/Skull Rock look to it. It will be interesting to see the movie.

View attachment 595264

View attachment 595265

View attachment 595266

View attachment 595267

Great pics, looks like a great hike.

My oldest DD and I worked on a project with her Cricut using infusible inks. What do y’all think?

A22EAC02-CD8E-45D0-803B-72B95202BB8C.jpeg
I love this!!!

But in checking my stock portfolio, I’m thinking it’s would be more the other way…

That's quite the shift in direction.

Not a total surprise for folks around here, but not something expected.
Congrats, and may you find much success in the endeavor.

Morning folks!

Feel free to skip the next paragraph. Most people get bored to sleep with running stories.

Well...
I doubt anyone will remember, but I took up running about a year and a half ago. I was progressing nicely and was trying to reach a goal of doing 5K in or under 30 minutes. I got close a couple times and last September, I hit 30:02. Missed it by that much (for you Get Smart fans out there.) Then I both injured my hip and developed tendonitis in my Achilles. Both still hurt a bit, but are much more manageable. About 3-4 weeks ago, I went for a run and surprised myself with a 30:40. Last Saturday I ran a 30:23 and the next day did a 30:18. Maybe the sub 30:00 was possible? I'd have to average at or under 6 minutes/km. For me... Well, I can do one km at under 6 minutes, but any others I slow down considerably. After chatting with a cousin of mine about running, I thought I'd see how close I could get to 30:00. I pushed pretty hard and was pretty wobbly/winded afterwards but I did it! Beat my personal best 30:02 by almost a minute. Did 29:11. Was shocked. And pretty stoked. No, far from Olympic times, but for a fat old dude, I'm pretty proud of myself.

Hello humans! Well, it’s been a very long time again since I posted here.
You know what that means... our illustrious leader will be along shortly to...
I’m not sure what happens this time. Something to do with sticking my tongue to a frozen pole?
I recently hiked the Skerwink Trail in Newfoundland 🇨🇦.
So how much of a hike is that? An hour? A day? Longer?
As I write, Disney is in this area filming outdoor scenes for the live action Peter Pan & Wendy. I can’t say if this exact location in my pictures will be in the movie, but it does have a Neverland/Skull Rock look to it. It will be interesting to see the movie.
Cool! And I can totally see it.
Thanks for the photos. Pretty scenery.
Olaf's just not that into you, sorry mate.
:lmao:
Mornin boys. At the airport for my flight to da world. Whoo hoo.
Have a great trip!
I love this!!!
Thanks!
But in checking my stock portfolio, I’m thinking it’s would be more the other way…
the other way?

Morning folks!

Feel free to skip the next paragraph. Most people get bored to sleep with running stories.

Well...
I doubt anyone will remember, but I took up running about a year and a half ago. I was progressing nicely and was trying to reach a goal of doing 5K in or under 30 minutes. I got close a couple times and last September, I hit 30:02. Missed it by that much (for you Get Smart fans out there.) Then I both injured my hip and developed tendonitis in my Achilles. Both still hurt a bit, but are much more manageable. About 3-4 weeks ago, I went for a run and surprised myself with a 30:40. Last Saturday I ran a 30:23 and the next day did a 30:18. Maybe the sub 30:00 was possible? I'd have to average at or under 6 minutes/km. For me... Well, I can do one km at under 6 minutes, but any others I slow down considerably. After chatting with a cousin of mine about running, I thought I'd see how close I could get to 30:00. I pushed pretty hard and was pretty wobbly/winded afterwards but I did it! Beat my personal best 30:02 by almost a minute. Did 29:11. Was shocked. And pretty stoked. No, far from Olympic times, but for a fat old dude, I'm pretty proud of myself.

Nicely done! Been awhile since I've got to 30 minutes on an outdoors run. I had one under 30 on the treadmill during the winter but not getting back to that point outdoors yet. I have a race coming up Labour Day weekend so I'm going to push to try and get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter