DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Well...
I doubt anyone will remember, but I took up running about a year and a half ago. I was progressing nicely and was trying to reach a goal of doing 5K in or under 30 minutes. I got close a couple times and last September, I hit 30:02. Missed it by that much (for you Get Smart fans out there.) Then I both injured my hip and developed tendonitis in my Achilles. Both still hurt a bit, but are much more manageable. About 3-4 weeks ago, I went for a run and surprised myself with a 30:40. Last Saturday I ran a 30:23 and the next day did a 30:18. Maybe the sub 30:00 was possible? I'd have to average at or under 6 minutes/km. For me... Well, I can do one km at under 6 minutes, but any others I slow down considerably. After chatting with a cousin of mine about running, I thought I'd see how close I could get to 30:00. I pushed pretty hard and was pretty wobbly/winded afterwards but I did it! Beat my personal best 30:02 by almost a minute. Did 29:11. Was shocked. And pretty stoked. No, far from Olympic times, but for a fat old dude, I'm pretty proud of myself.
Congratulations 🎊🎉🎈

Nicely done!
Thanks!
Been awhile since I've got to 30 minutes on an outdoors run. I had one under 30 on the treadmill during the winter but not getting back to that point outdoors yet. I have a race coming up Labour Day weekend so I'm going to push to try and get there.
I dunno if I'll do it again. Pretty much took all I had and I don't wanna do that too often.
Still... Now my goal is to do an 8:00 mile. Which, to me, sounds awfully slow. But considering my fastest (also done yesterday) is 8:58... I think it's a pretty tall order.
WB buying Disney.
What?!?!?

I thought Disney owned... well... everything.
Congratulations 🎊🎉🎈
Thanks! :)

Morning, Fellas!

Hope everyone had a good weekend, I know I did...well, for the most part. No, actually I did have a good weekend. Yesterday I got into a funk because I feel like I'm no progressing in my photography and as such I feel like I'm in a rut. Took the DD out to get some pictures for my parents and just didn't feel it. So this put me in a bad mood, but otherwise it was a good weekend. Saturday I took the DD to the beach to meet up with a friend of hers and her little brother. We then met up later in the evening for bowling and pizza, so a good weekend over all. Now back to the work week.

Hello humans! Well, it’s been a very long time again since I posted here. Last time Dan put me on double secret probation. I’m not sure what happens this time. Something to do with sticking my tongue to a frozen pole?

We'll discuss this in secret and get back to you.

Anyway, I hope everyone has been doing well. I’ve been fine, just busy with work and doing family stuff on days off.
I wanted to post these pictures here for those not on FB. I thought you might find it interesting.

I recently hiked the Skerwink Trail in Newfoundland 🇨🇦. I’m sharing it here because there is a Disney connection. As I write, Disney is in this area filming outdoor scenes for the live action Peter Pan & Wendy. I can’t say if this exact location in my pictures will be in the movie, but it does have a Neverland/Skull Rock look to it. It will be interesting to see the movie.

View attachment 595264

View attachment 595265

View attachment 595266

View attachment 595267

Looks nice.

Thanks Guys. I'm pretty excited about this and eager to get going.

Jeff, please do if you ever find yourself thinking about it. Another DisDad in BC was a big help to me in getting this going.

Hey, Darcy, will you be working with a company or doing this on your own?

Sign me up. How is it that I'm not a DisDad member yet 🤔? Am I the first from Oregon?

You're not a DisDad yet? Well then welcome! Our illustrious leader will be by to assign you a number and all. So welcome.

Sign me up. How is it that I'm not a DisDad member yet 🤔? Am I the first from Oregon?
:welcome:WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB jaqsdad! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #876!

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.

Morning folks.
I do not like mornings, folks.

Then again, I have two midnight shifts coming up starting tomorrow night, so... mornings, relatively speaking, aren't that bad.

:welcome: to the club!
Yesterday I got into a funk because I feel like I'm no progressing in my photography and as such I feel like I'm in a rut. Took the DD out to get some pictures for my parents and just didn't feel it. So this put me in a bad mood,
I know exactly how you feel. SWMBO would tell me to take photos of DD and if I wasn't "feeling it"... the photos really reflected that.
Saturday I took the DD to the beach to meet up with a friend of hers and her little brother. We then met up later in the evening for bowling and pizza, so a good weekend over all.
Sounds not too bad!

Welcome to the club.

Beer's in the fridge. Probably some old pizza in there too. Rum, Bourbon and Scotch might be hidden, but I'm sure you can find it.

Grab a chair, kick your feet up and join in on the discussion.

I recently hiked the Skerwink Trail in Newfoundland 🇨🇦. I’m sharing it here because there is a Disney connection. As I write, Disney is in this area filming outdoor scenes for the live action Peter Pan & Wendy. I can’t say if this exact location in my pictures will be in the movie, but it does have a Neverland/Skull Rock look to it. It will be interesting to see the movie.

Hi Jeff! You always seem to find the best hiking locations. Looks beautiful.

Mornin boys. At the airport for my flight to da world. Whoo hoo.

Have fun!

I doubt anyone will remember, but I took up running about a year and a half ago. I was progressing nicely and was trying to reach a goal of doing 5K in or under 30 minutes. I got close a couple times and last September, I hit 30:02. Missed it by that much (for you Get Smart fans out there.) Then I both injured my hip and developed tendonitis in my Achilles. Both still hurt a bit, but are much more manageable. About 3-4 weeks ago, I went for a run and surprised myself with a 30:40. Last Saturday I ran a 30:23 and the next day did a 30:18. Maybe the sub 30:00 was possible? I'd have to average at or under 6 minutes/km. For me... Well, I can do one km at under 6 minutes, but any others I slow down considerably. After chatting with a cousin of mine about running, I thought I'd see how close I could get to 30:00. I pushed pretty hard and was pretty wobbly/winded afterwards but I did it! Beat my personal best 30:02 by almost a minute. Did 29:11. Was shocked. And pretty stoked. No, far from Olympic times, but for a fat old dude, I'm pretty proud of myself.

You should be proud, that's awesome!

Welcome to the nuthouse!

Just watching the Music City Indy race that I recorded last night, this thing is crazy.
That bridge thing was so completely different!
Well that's a bummer, PVR cut off because the race lasted longer than the listed time. Crap!
Ohhhh. That's too bad. Was quite the ending.
When I used to have TV, I'd set the PVR to record an extra 2hrs (max I could) to try to not miss anything.
You should be proud, that's awesome!
I am! :)

Like I said, it's not olympic times, but... I'm happy enough with it. :)

Well...
You should be right proud.
Certainly not something the average couch potato can pull off.
Definitely not me, to quite precise.

I thought Disney owned... well... everything.
Not yet...

with emphasis on the word: yet.

Welcome sir.
The rules are posted on the... errr... um...

Wait, we's ain't got's no rules.
Well, that sure makes things easier.

Kick back and enjoy.
Open up a window if the stench of unwashed gym socks and stale beer get to be just a mite on the sharp side.

Yesterday I got into a funk because I feel like I'm no progressing in my photography and as such I feel like I'm in a rut.
This does make sense.
Work and life tend to get in the way of things.
May you find a bit more time to pay more attention to the other passions.

May we all.

Jeff, does this look like it's near the trail? It a shot from the filming.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I'll make myself at home, crack open the leftover Chinese food, and watch the insanity drift by.

Whoever said technology would make our lives easier is a liar. Between my company's websites all going offline, our entire email system crashing, internet being unreliable and intermittent, and my remote employees not being able to log in, I was pulling my hair out all day (and I don't have much left). Finally got it all online right about quitting time so not much got done today. I think I'll just call in sick this Friday, the 13th.

Mornin', Fellas. Had busy but good day yesterday. I was at a podiatrist office where I was the only one up front, checking patients in/out and answering phones, when I could, plus making confirmation calls. Again, busy, but it made the day flew by and I loved it. Didn't get everything done, but I did my best. It's impossible to answer all the phone calls while checking patients in/out while the second line is ringing as well. Like I said, busy, but I liked it. Back at the same office again today, but the podiatrist is in surgery today so no patients for me. However, there is a dermatologist that comes in once a week from down Cape and uses the office, so there will be patients for that doctor, but I have nothing to do with them. So this will give me plenty of time to get other things done. Outside that? All's well.

Morning folks.
I do not like mornings, folks.

Then again, I have two midnight shifts coming up starting tomorrow night, so... mornings, relatively speaking, aren't that bad.

Good luck with the midnight shift. If I remember correctly, you're an ATC, right? So do you work in the tower or a center?

I know exactly how you feel. SWMBO would tell me to take photos of DD and if I wasn't "feeling it"... the photos really reflected that.

I'm seriously trying to get some good photos of my DD to take home to my parents in 2 weeks when we go visit, but I just can't. I'm thinking of kick starting things by doing little projects. Games? Something. Anyways, I'll pick a subject and spend a weekend day, or a week a little at a time, and just shoot that subject. At the end of the project, I'll edit the photos and choose which ones I like best. And while I don't feel like I've progresses with people photography, I am thinking of shifting away from regular portrait work to Film Noir type photography. I love that genre of photography and want to explore it more.

Sounds not too bad!

It was a great day and much needed. The view from the beach wasn't bad either. :rolleyes::teeth:

Technically I have my own company but I am working with a host agency.

That's right. Forgotten that. That's cool, though.

Welcome to the Club!

We have a summer home on the book of faces as well.

I need to visit the summer home more.

Welcome to the club.

Beer's in the fridge. Probably some old pizza in there too. Rum, Bourbon and Scotch might be hidden, but I'm sure you can find it.

Grab a chair, kick your feet up and join in on the discussion.

Bacon! Don't forget bacon.

This does make sense.
Work and life tend to get in the way of things.
May you find a bit more time to pay more attention to the other passions.

May we all.

Yeah, work and life do get in the way. I'll get out of this funk. I'm heading to New Mexico, which offers up plenty of photography opportunities. I don't want to spend a lot of time exploring and photographing old and abandoned buildings along the route to my parents house, but my DW knows I'll be stopping for some photography. This has me excited, so maybe this will be what it takes to get out of this funk.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I'll make myself at home, crack open the leftover Chinese food, and watch the insanity drift by.

There may be some science experiments in the fridge, so watch out. Can't remember the last time that fridge was cleaned.

Whoever said technology would make our lives easier is a liar. Between my company's websites all going offline, our entire email system crashing, internet being unreliable and intermittent, and my remote employees not being able to log in, I was pulling my hair out all day (and I don't have much left). Finally got it all online right about quitting time so not much got done today. I think I'll just call in sick this Friday, the 13th.

Sooooo.....normal day? :teeth:

Kidding aside, that's gotta make for a stressful time at work. Hope things work out soon.

Morning Gents.

Cloudy morning here in the Community of Douglas. Was up early for a run (6Km run plus another 1km to warmup/cool down) and I am happy to say that I have now surpassed the goal I set for the year of 500 Km. Everything from this point forward is a bonus.

Off for another couple days camping tomorrow so today will be getting the gear ready and preparing some meals for the campfire. Have a good one all.

Whelp... I'm not quite sure what happened. I was really stoked about breaking my 5K record with a 29:11...
Went for a run yesterday and didn't want to push too hard. Still recovering a bit from that "record for me" run.

So... broke three of my best times. 5K of 28:36, 1K of 5:16 and 1Mile of 8:48.

Even today I went for a short and slow 3K jog and ran the last 2K at an average pace of 6:15 each. That used to be my "fastest".

Not complaining!

You should be right proud.
Certainly not something the average couch potato can pull off.
Funny you should say that. Couch potato was me. I used a program called C25K which literally stands for Couch to 5K.
It worked.
Definitely not me, to quite precise.
:rolleyes1
Not yet...

with emphasis on the word: yet.
::yes::
Whoever said technology would make our lives easier is a liar.
Bill Gates said it. And he meant his life would be easier.
Between my company's websites all going offline, our entire email system crashing, internet being unreliable and intermittent, and my remote employees not being able to log in, I was pulling my hair out all day
Yikes!
Good luck with the midnight shift. If I remember correctly, you're an ATC, right? So do you work in the tower or a center?
Close. I work in tandem with them. I don't talk to the planes, but I do talk to the pilots for flight planning and search and rescue. I also fix database issues so the controllers/aircraft have accurate information. Those are some of the tasks I do. And I work in the center.
I'm seriously trying to get some good photos of my DD to take home to my parents in 2 weeks when we go visit, but I just can't. I'm thinking of kick starting things by doing little projects. Games? Something. Anyways, I'll pick a subject and spend a weekend day, or a week a little at a time, and just shoot that subject. At the end of the project, I'll edit the photos and choose which ones I like best. And while I don't feel like I've progresses with people photography, I am thinking of shifting away from regular portrait work to Film Noir type photography. I love that genre of photography and want to explore it more.
I really haven't decided what type of photography I like best. Except I do know I like manipulating with Photoshop. I'm not very good at it, but I do like it.
The view from the beach wasn't bad either. :rolleyes::teeth:
:thumbsup2
I am happy to say that I have now surpassed the goal I set for the year of 500 Km.
Good for you!
And... that's really weird. I just hit 501km this morning (for the year).
Hey guys, I need you to pray for a fellow DisDad!

Hard, please.
Who? And what's going on? (If you can say. Okay if you can't.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter