DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning, gents.
Down to my last hour and then off for 3 days. Hopefully. I suspect there's a chance of getting called in on Friday, but the weekend should be free.
My sister's in town visiting and we're going to take my folks out to the lake for the day on Saturday. Burgers, potato salad and smoked mac salad are on the menu.

Thinking of buying a water smoker. Anyone got one?

Once at pediatrics, I got a call from my manager saying that she messed up and forgot that I was supposed to open the other office. So, into the car I went and headed over to the primary care office to open the office and check patients in until other people got into the office. Once everyone was there, I jumped back into my car and headed back to pediatrics where I spent the majority of the day.
:faint:
Then at 3:45 I hopped back in my car and had to head back over to the primary care office because there's no one there from 4pm to 5pm and someone had to be there to check-out the last of the patients and close the office.
Do you have a company car? Or do they at least give you a fuel allowance?
Oh, and, "I need to schedule a physical for my child before school starts." Me: "I'm sorry, but we're booking into October and November for physicals." Parent: "But my child needs to have a physical before she can go back to school?" Me: "Then you should have booked the physical 6 months ago."
:laughing:
(CCT walks into the room) "Hey pkondz, how's it goin.....ohhhhhh, it looks like I stepped in some sarcasm. I'll just step over to the side and clean my shoe off." (Tip toes over to the corner of the room while trying to avoid the sarcasm spreading on the floor) :teeth:
Sorry about that. Should've tidied up first.
You're a good man for working the graveyard shift.
Dunno about that. We all here have to do them. I used to like them when I was younger, but... man, they sure take it out of me now.
I'd love to see some of those photos.
Need to hunt for them. If you don't see anything in a couple days, remind me. Midnight brain is no joke.

Morning, gents.
Down to my last hour and then off for 3 days. Hopefully. I suspect there's a chance of getting called in on Friday, but the weekend should be free.
My sister's in town visiting and we're going to take my folks out to the lake for the day on Saturday. Burgers, potato salad and smoked mac salad are on the menu.

Thinking of buying a water smoker. Anyone got one?

Neat is no ice? Rocks is ice? Straight is strained over ice?
Point taken.
I'll be more precise going forward.

smoked mac salad
Interesting...

What component or process makes it "smoked"?
(and while I'm assuming it's not directly related in someway to Randal's Disney Bong, ya' just never know.)

As I was saying the other day, "Yet...".
They may not own everything yet, but...

give it time.

Can you tell me why?
I already know to steer away from Cuisinart because it leaks like a sieve. Weber looks like the one to get (in that style at least).
I don't want to spend $$$ for a Traeger since it won't get used enough. This one seems like a fairly good compromise.

Right?! I felt like a yoyo.

Do you have a company car? Or do they at least give you a fuel allowance?

I don't, and no I don't. It's part of the job. I did, however, ask for a higher pay when I was asked about the job, so there's that.

Some people are just clueless.

Sorry about that. Should've tidied up first.

That's ok, it hadn't spread all that much, so I was able to clean my shoe off with no problem. :teeth:

Dunno about that. We all here have to do them. I used to like them when I was younger, but... man, they sure take it out of me now.

Still, the fact that you do them is awesome. I thought about getting a reception/floor secretary job at the hospital, but that would mean I'd have to work nights as I'd be the low man on the ladder.

Need to hunt for them. If you don't see anything in a couple days, remind me. Midnight brain is no joke.

Will do.

I don't, and no I don't. It's part of the job. I did, however, ask for a higher pay when I was asked about the job, so there's that.
That's good at least.
Still, the fact that you do them is awesome. I thought about getting a reception/floor secretary job at the hospital, but that would mean I'd have to work nights as I'd be the low man on the ladder.
Nights are great... when you're younger. Not so great when you're an old fart.

Day 2 over 100 degrees and I'm melting. 2 more days to go before it cools down. Plus, the wind shifted and the smoke from the wildfires has settled in. As a fair weather Oregonian, I don't do heat... or cold... or humidity. Rain is no problem (and yes, umbrellas are for wimps). Not many of us have A/C, so we all flock to the malls or theaters. Already saw Jungle Cruise though, so no need to go to the theater.

One good thing about the extra heat is my tomatoes are ripening. Lots of tasty cherry tomatoes. I just wash them and eat 'em like candy. Yum.

Ahh... Bach.
I figured it was likely that or paprika
but Ya's don'a know if'n ya's don'a ask.
Yep.
Loved M*A*S*H*
Still do. Watch almost every night.
Day 2 over 100 degrees and I'm melting.
melting.gif
As a fair weather Oregonian, I don't do heat... or cold... or humidity. Rain is no problem (and yes, umbrellas are for wimps). Not many of us have A/C, so we all flock to the malls or theaters.
I've heard that, actually.
One good thing about the extra heat is my tomatoes are ripening. Lots of tasty cherry tomatoes. I just wash them and eat 'em like candy. Yum.
mmmm... fresh veggies.

Mornin', fellas! Supposed to be over at podiatry today, but got word I was need at cardiovascular instead. I was looking forward to being at podiatry as I would have been the only one in the office. I know that sounds boring, but I do love having the office to myself from time to time. Gives me a chance to get a lot of work done, plus I can jam out to some tunes and not having to worry about bugging anyone. I really do like it. It's ok, though, cardio's usually a busy office so the day will fly by.

That's good at least.

I had asked about being paid for traveling to different offices, but they said no, so that's why I went a little higher. It paid off.

Nights are great... when you're younger. Not so great when you're an old fart.

I used to work....partial nights when I was a security guard and a bouncer at a, uhmmmmm, gentleman's club. Yeah, that's it: Gentleman's club. :teeth::smooth:

View attachment 596851
Yep.

Still do. Watch almost every night.

Love that show.

Morning gents.
Two midnights have messed me up. Not a great sleep last night and up far earlier than I wanted. Ah well. Maybe tonight will be better.

Supposed to be over at podiatry today, but got word I was need at cardiovascular instead.
They put their foot in their mouth, but their heart was in the right place.
I do love having the office to myself from time to time. Gives me a chance to get a lot of work done, plus I can jam out to some tunes and not having to worry about bugging anyone
::yes::

Can you tell me why?
I already know to steer away from Cuisinart because it leaks like a sieve. Weber looks like the one to get (in that style at least).
I don't want to spend $$$ for a Traeger since it won't get used enough. This one seems like a fairly good compromise.
Mostly because it had small pans for the wood and water, and it was hard to get to them to replenish, with the small access door, on long smokes.

Mostly because it had small pans for the wood and water, and it was hard to get to them to replenish, with the small access door, on long smokes.
Okay, sounds like you had a pretty small one.
On Amazon, Weber has 14", 18" and 22" models. I was thinking of the 18". The 22" is $1,000 and at that price, it's not worth it to me (and I'd probably start thinking Traeger, anyways.)

Can you tell me why?

I use the Camp Chef pellet grill. I think I found it on a discount on Black Friday, but it runs a little cheaper than the Traegers. Been very happy with it, too. The pellet smokers really make it easy. I get pellets from Walmart, they seem to run cheapest there.

Camp Chef pellet grill

The week is ending better than it began. Work has finally gotten under control and things are going smoothly. Now, just got to be careful on this Friday the 13. Trying to avoid my wife's evil black cat. I know, a nice long afternoon nap will help me avoid him. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter