• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning, fellas! Had a good weekend overall. Took the DD out for a bike ride this weekend, she doesn't ride very often and still has problems, so it was good that we went out. Otherwise it was a good weekend. Off to start one more week of work before I head off to my vacation next weekend. I'll be off to visit the mother ship in New Mexico, the Mecca of the UFO community, well, where it all started: Roswell, NM. That's right, that Roswell. :teeth: Can't wait. So I'll be visiting the parental units and can't wait to see them and my brother and his family. Well, early start to the day, so I'm off. Have a good day, guys.

Morning all. A double header qualifier for mixed doubles today. Won't be all that challenging of tennis, but two back to back matches still presents a challenge.

How'd you do?

Watch out for the Karens. Lots of moms in pediatrics who are never wrong, and no, school doesn't start the same time every year. :lmao:

So far it's been pretty good and I've not run up against any Karen's at pediatrics, but it'll happen at some point.

Do you have a lot of variance where you cover? I still have the same work on most floors, but set-up O2 more often on pulmonary floor, cancer treatment ambulance runs on oncology, etc. Or, is scheduling just scheduling? I've found the managers on the different floors make a huge difference.

If I'm understanding you correctly, and please correct me if I'm wrong, there isn't. Check-ins/out are the same wherever I go. The problem(s) that come into play are the doctor's schedules, not all are the same, and answering phones. Each doctor is going to have a set way they do their schedule, some do 15 min blocks, with 30 being for physicals, and others do 20 min blocks...easy enough to figure out. The problem comes when I'm at certain offices, like Neurology where they don't like me scheduling because of the doctor's schedules are complicated. Also, because I don't know each office/practice/specialty well enough, answering the phones can be tricky. I know just enough to get around and help out where I'm needed, but I'm not an expert in anything, so answering questions on the phone is tricky because I have to ask questions to be able to answer questions...unless I've been to an office enough times that I've picked up a thing or two.

Just curious. Is that a COVID thing or an every year thing?
It’s not required around here.

It's every year, and definitely require physicals before being able to participate in any sports.

Copied from Facebook;

“Good afternoon brothers. This post comes with sad news. Jim Locke passed peacefully this morning at 9:30am with his brother at his side. Jim was an amazing person, father, husband, and just as importantly our friend.

Jim leaves behind his wife Leslie, son Evan, and daughter Alexandra. Jim was a pillar in his communtiy when it came to youth and adult team sports.

Jim was last at DDCC IN 2019 with Evan and was always supportive of our groups mission of spreading the magic and cheer in every way.

Please keep Jims family in your prayers as they navigate this difficult time in their lives.

We love you brother!”

Page One Updated!

View attachment 597391

My deepest condolences.

Not sure which one that is, I found a similar model here:
Camp Chef PG24XT Smoke Pro Pellet Grill and Smoker BBQ with Digital Controls and Stainless Temp Probe, Black : Amazon.ca: Patio, Lawn & Garden
But at over $1,100, that's way more than I want to spend on a BBQ that will only see limited use. (The Weber vertical is $449)

Wow, yeah--it shouldn't cost nearly that much. I forgot about searching on Amazon's Canada site. Seems they don't have the same amount in stock and are selling it through 2nd parties. I paid about $400 on sale for mine.

Home from another camping trip, this time on Grand Manan Island. It was a bit damp and foggy until this morning but still a pretty good trip.

Looks like a beautiful spot. Glad you had a good time.

Morning guys from a soggy but beautiful Scotland. We are now in the Highlands, having a down day.

Saw a few pics on the other site. Edinburgh looks very cool. Someday I'll get there.

Just curious. Is that a COVID thing or an every year thing?
It’s not required around here.

I know we have to have yearly physicals for the kids if they want to participate in any school sports.

Jim Locke passed peacefully this morning at 9:30am with his brother at his side. Jim was an amazing person, father, husband, and just as importantly our friend.

So sad. Interacted a bit with him on Facebook; he seemed like a pleasant and big-hearted guy. Prayers for his family.

Made it to Monday, and get to enjoy a day off today, although not much planned other than cutting the grass. Only 3 days of work this week.

Copied from Facebook;

“Good afternoon brothers. This post comes with sad news. Jim Locke passed peacefully this morning at 9:30am with his brother at his side. Jim was an amazing person, father, husband, and just as importantly our friend.

Jim leaves behind his wife Leslie, son Evan, and daughter Alexandra. Jim was a pillar in his communtiy when it came to youth and adult team sports.

Jim was last at DDCC IN 2019 with Evan and was always supportive of our groups mission of spreading the magic and cheer in every way.

Please keep Jims family in your prayers as they navigate this difficult time in their lives.

We love you brother!”

Page One Updated!

View attachment 597391

Saw that on FB and was able to meet up with and his daughter at MK one trip. Jim was a good guy.

Morning, fellas! Had a good weekend overall. Took the DD out for a bike ride this weekend, she doesn't ride very often and still has problems, so it was good that we went out. Otherwise it was a good weekend. Off to start one more week of work before I head off to my vacation next weekend. I'll be off to visit the mother ship in New Mexico, the Mecca of the UFO community, well, where it all started: Roswell, NM. That's right, that Roswell. :teeth: Can't wait. So I'll be visiting the parental units and can't wait to see them and my brother and his family. Well, early start to the day, so I'm off. Have a good day, guys.

How'd you do?

So far it's been pretty good and I've not run up against any Karen's at pediatrics, but it'll happen at some point.

If I'm understanding you correctly, and please correct me if I'm wrong, there isn't. Check-ins/out are the same wherever I go. The problem(s) that come into play are the doctor's schedules, not all are the same, and answering phones. Each doctor is going to have a set way they do their schedule, some do 15 min blocks, with 30 being for physicals, and others do 20 min blocks...easy enough to figure out. The problem comes when I'm at certain offices, like Neurology where they don't like me scheduling because of the doctor's schedules are complicated. Also, because I don't know each office/practice/specialty well enough, answering the phones can be tricky. I know just enough to get around and help out where I'm needed, but I'm not an expert in anything, so answering questions on the phone is tricky because I have to ask questions to be able to answer questions...unless I've been to an office enough times that I've picked up a thing or two.

It's every year, and definitely require physicals before being able to participate in any sports.

My deepest condolences.

I won both matches, and our team won both. It was a long, hot 4 hour day. Thanks for asking.

Yes, that's what I meant. Epic is the same and the job is the same, but just enough inconsistent stuff moving around to the different stations that makes it hard to keep it all straight. So, working the same floor, or in your case office, would help to make it easier. But, picking the wrong floor/ office means your stuck in the same place.

Interesting you should bring this up.
I recently acquired one. Long story short, DW’s cousin got divorced and came into possession of a smoker that had never been used, she gave it to me. It’s a Brinkmann (similar to below link, just an older model I think), but it’s sitting in my garage. I have no idea where to even start. The results seem great, but I’m not sure I have the patience to dedicate 8 or 10 hours to my meat. It’s usually a much shorter process. 😄
Ok but seriously, I have this thing sitting in my garage, just not sure what to do with it. Anyone have any very beginner suggestions or tips?
I watched a few Youtube videos on how to use it. There's also a bunch of recipes for vertical smokers. Haven't looked into those yet.
Sad news indeed. Never met the gentleman, but never a good thing to lose one of our own.
Wow, yeah--it shouldn't cost nearly that much. I forgot about searching on Amazon's Canada site. Seems they don't have the same amount in stock and are selling it through 2nd parties. I paid about $400 on sale for mine.
Nice score there.
I'm pretty sure I'll get the vertical Weber though. I do like the thought of a "real fire"/charcoal smoke.
Having said that... would I get a Traeger/pellet smoker? Yes. :laughing:

Mornin' all...
May everyone's world at least be spinning in the right direction.

If I can get through just one more workday, I'll actually get a little bit of time off to not have to deal with it for a spell. Have been looking forward to that for some time now.

Of course come next week it'll be back on my head as the punch-line goes, but I'll deal with that then.

Morning all.

Hoping for a better day today at work than yesterday. (You can Google Thunder Bay airport news.)
Don't forget to hug your kids.

If I can get through just one more workday, I'll actually get a little bit of time off to not have to deal with it for a spell. Have been looking forward to that for some time now.
How much time off ya got? Doing anything?

Nice score there.
I'm pretty sure I'll get the vertical Weber though. I do like the thought of a "real fire"/charcoal smoke.
Having said that... would I get a Traeger/pellet smoker? Yes. :laughing:

Whatever you end up doing, hope you enjoy it!

Glad you can get a break. Enjoy!

Hoping for a better day today at work than yesterday. (You can Google Thunder Bay airport news.)

Sad news, for sure.

Morning All. It's Tuesday, who's having tacos?

Morning all.

That's not good at all.

Morning, Fellas! A bit late for me, but I'm working 4, 10's and today is my random day off this week. Spending the day preparing for our upcoming trip to New Mexico by cleaning the house and pulling out the luggage. Outside that all is well. On the work front, I worked at a primary care office yesterday in the medical building at the hospital. Fairly easy day as there were only two nurse practitioners and no doctors in the office, so pretty quiet. I helped the other doctor's office, who works the other side of the floor, check-in/out patients. That's all I've got. Bacon, burgers, bourbon and pixie dust, guys.

Made it to Monday, and get to enjoy a day off today, although not much planned other than cutting the grass. Only 3 days of work this week.

Enjoy your day off.

I won both matches, and our team won both. It was a long, hot 4 hour day. Thanks for asking.

Sweet! Congrats!

Yes, that's what I meant. Epic is the same and the job is the same, but just enough inconsistent stuff moving around to the different stations that makes it hard to keep it all straight. So, working the same floor, or in your case office, would help to make it easier. But, picking the wrong floor/ office means your stuck in the same place.
[/QUOTE]

Ok, I thought that's what you meant. That's what's great about Epic, wherever you go the job's the same. The problem is that training in Epic, for us, has been lacking, and as a result not everyone does things the same way...causing problems.

Morning all.

My thought's and prayers go out to the family of the one that was lost.

Morning Everyone,
The owner of the company is on vacation for the next two weeks (completely off the grid) so I am in charge. The blender's out and the margarita mix is flowing... :joker: . Actually, I have an excellent crew who all make my job easier; it's the customers that give me the most grief.

Today marks 60 days until my October trip. My better half has made it clear in no uncertain terms that If I want to stay married, I have to secure an ADR for dinner at 'Ohana. So, I get up at 3 am, log onto MDE and...

... Stitch has eaten the page. >:(

Technical difficulties ensue so I gave up and went back to bed. Come October, I may be looking for spare room in a someone's house if I can't get the coveted ADR.

Time to get back to work before any of my minions figure out I am goofing off.

The problem is that training in Epic, for us, has been lacking, and as a result not everyone does things the same way...causing problems.

This sounds less than epic.

Today marks 60 days until my October trip. My better half has made it clear in no uncertain terms that If I want to stay married, I have to secure an ADR for dinner at 'Ohana. So, I get up at 3 am, log onto MDE and...

... Stitch has eaten the page. :(

Technical difficulties ensue so I gave up and went back to bed. Come October, I may be looking for spare room in a someone's house if I can't get the coveted ADR.

The stakes are high. I just want to say good luck. We're all counting on you.

That's not good at all.
My thought's and prayers go out to the family of the one that was lost.
Never a good thing.
Spending the day preparing for our upcoming trip to New Mexico by cleaning the house and pulling out the luggage.
I hate cleaning before a trip... but coming home to a dirty home is worse.
The owner of the company is on vacation for the next two weeks (completely off the grid) so I am in charge. The blender's out and the margarita mix is flowing... :joker:
:thumbsup2

Uh, oh...

Then again... I've been hearing some not so great things about 'Ohana. Hopefully you'll get an ADR and the meal will be good.

Copied from Facebook;

We love you brother!”

Page One Updated!

View attachment 597391
Very sad news to receive over the weekend. He's at peace now and thoughts are with the family.

Been a bit over a week since checking in, sorry about that. Hope all are well, welcome to new Dads, congrats to the kids and bacon, bourbon, cigars and Mickey Bars.

I watched a few Youtube videos on how to use it.
Yeah that’s as much as I’ve done so far.
I realized it took some time to smoke meat, but I didn’t realize putting it on before bed was a thing. A lot of the videos I watched had overnight cooks.
I will probably try it sometime but not sure if it will become a regular thing.
But I can’t really turn down the chance to use a free smoker.

This just in…
E4B21631-982F-407E-B37D-822B335DCA44.jpeg
Yeah that’s as much as I’ve done so far.
I realized it took some time to smoke meat, but I didn’t realize putting it on before bed was a thing. A lot of the videos I watched had overnight cooks.
I will probably try it sometime but not sure if it will become a regular thing.
But I can’t really turn down the chance to use a free smoker.
I’ll start with a lot shorter cooks. Like salmon or chicken. Still have to get it and that will be a little bit still.

For those of you playin along at home, it appears that I get to stay married for a little while longer. It took about an hour on the phone with Disney but I was able to get a dinner reservation for 'Ohana. :banana:

I called Tech Support first to try to be able to make reservations on my own, but it seems there is something going on and I still cannot make reservations online. I can see times for my arrival day, but not the rest of my vacation. The nice CM in guest relations was able to find a reservation and after about 20 minutes on hold, managed to book it for me. Now I just need to rearrange the Park Passes to accommodate the 'Ohana ADR.

For those of you playin along at home, it appears that I get to stay married for a little while longer. It took about an hour on the phone with Disney but I was able to get a dinner reservation for 'Ohana. :banana:

I called Tech Support first to try to be able to make reservations on my own, but it seems there is something going on and I still cannot make reservations online. I can see times for my arrival day, but not the rest of my vacation. The nice CM in guest relations was able to find a reservation and after about 20 minutes on hold, managed to book it for me. Now I just need to rearrange the Park Passes to accommodate the 'Ohana ADR.
Good news!
And congrats on saving the marriage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter