DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Gents, looking for some advice. A couple days ago I was contacted by a former coworker asking for help to find work, he has struggled the last couple years. I was friendly with him at work but didn’t have any relationship outside the office. Today I had an email from him saying he is desperate and could I loan him $50 for a couple weeks and he’ll pay me back once he finds work. My head says no way, I’m afraid it won’t end at $50 (and I know my wife wouldn’t go for it). But my heart really wants to help the guy. Just wondering if any would like to share their thoughts. Thanks.

I guess I'm late to the party, but I'd echo what the other guys said. It's ok to help out once, but it has to be an amount that you're comfortable with never seeing again. Sort of like gambling--only what you can afford to lose.

Off to the store to buy proper Pex tools and a new robust T junction. Got talked into a compression T which didn't work. Should've stuck with my gut. Back this morning to get what I originally wanted and fixed it right.

It's not a home repair project unless it involves multiple trips to the hardware store.

I usually try to do all that the day after Thanksgiving... and usually flip the switch that night.

Us too. I try to give Thanksgiving its due and not jump the gun, but I usually want to enjoy the Christmas decorations for the whole month afterwards.

NIce! I can't even work on the plumbing in our house. Well, I could, but I'm kind of afraid to. Old house with old metal pipes. I'll let the professionals fix it rather than risk screwing something up myself then have them fix it. I feel like PVC is much more forgiving.

I'm always a little intimidated to work on plumbing. I feel like I always end up creating a new leak somewhere because I didn't get something quite right.

Bad night last night. Will be calling my Dr's office when it opens in 10 minutes.

Sorry to hear that. Is it the back again?

It's not a home repair project unless it involves multiple trips to the hardware store.
This is a truism.
The odds of multiple trips increases proportionally to the distance travelled.
Sorry to hear that. Is it the back again?
Indirectly.
I do have back pain but I think it’s kidney related. Maybe a UTI? Maybe kidney stone. Maybe prostratitis. I don’t know. Just know not feeling good and uncomfortable. Sometimes very uncomfortable.

Indirectly.
I do have back pain but I think it’s kidney related. Maybe a UTI? Maybe kidney stone. Maybe prostratitis. I don’t know. Just know not feeling good and uncomfortable. Sometimes very uncomfortable.
Yikes! I hope they can get you in and get you some relief!

Indirectly.

Oh, man. I know from experience how painful that can be. Hope you get good answers and treatment quickly!

This is a truism.
The odds of multiple trips increases proportionally to the distance travelled.

My count was three. First time to get a new thermostat. Installed that one and the baseboard still didn't work. Determined the baseboard thermal protection device was kaput. Second trip, buy a new baseboard. Installed that and hooked up the old thermostat because it was programmable. Thermostat displays temp, heater giving off heat, heater won't stop giving off heat. Determined which pair of breakers controlled this heater (because the panel was just labeled as heat) and shut the breakers off to stop the dining room from becoming a sauna. Talked to a friend who is a contractor and he said sounds like your thermometer is bad. Third trip, buy a new programmable thermostat because I used the original new on on another heater. Back home and 20 minutes later everything seems to be working fine. Just have to reset all the clocks.

Good times.

My count was three. First time to get a new thermostat. Installed that one and the baseboard still didn't work. Determined the baseboard thermal protection device was kaput. Second trip, buy a new baseboard. Installed that and hooked up the old thermostat because it was programmable. Thermostat displays temp, heater giving off heat, heater won't stop giving off heat. Determined which pair of breakers controlled this heater (because the panel was just labeled as heat) and shut the breakers off to stop the dining room from becoming a sauna. Talked to a friend who is a contractor and he said sounds like your thermometer is bad. Third trip, buy a new programmable thermostat because I used the original new on on another heater. Back home and 20 minutes later everything seems to be working fine. Just have to reset all the clocks.

Good times.

Good times.
Nah. Leave the clocks. Something's bound to blow a breaker anyyyyyyy second now.

Kidding. Nice job on figuring it all out and fixing it yourself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter