DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Hope everyone had a merry Christmas. We finally got to surprise our kids today with a spring break trip to Disney. It’ll be our first trip as a blended family of 5, plus my parents are also going because they’re footing part of the bill. We will be at CBR from March 15-19. My wife and I did and adults only trip when we were dating (courtesy of a work conference) and the kids have been begging to go since we went in 2019.

Hope everyone had a merry Christmas. We finally got to surprise our kids today with a spring break trip to Disney. It’ll be our first trip as a blended family of 5, plus my parents are also going because they’re footing part of the bill. We will be at CBR from March 15-19. My wife and I did and adults only trip when we were dating (courtesy of a work conference) and the kids have been begging to go since we went in 2019.
Then it’s high time :)
Bet they were super excited!

Then it’s high time :)
Bet they were super excited!

My stepdaughter was shocked and just stood there, mouth agape. Ever since the wife and I did an adults only trip I’ve been messing with her about how we would never take the kids because we didn’t have to deal with all the whining and complaining, so she literally thought we would never take them. My 9 & 10 year old boys started dancing around. They’re your typical super active kids so they’ll be running around Disney all day long when we go.

Boxing Day GIF - HappyBoxingDay Boxing - Discover & Share GIFs | Happy boxing  day, Boxing day, Happy

Awesome!!

A belated Merry Christmas to all.
I hope it was a joyous day for everyone and the the new year upon us treats everyone just a little bit kinder.

And if it choses not to (which is sadly often the case),
at least my lovely bride gifted me some decent provisions to help with the coping process...

I married well.
Just how I did so is a cosmic mystery, but I'll accepted the windfall regardless.

I hope it was a joyous day for everyone and the the new year upon us treats everyone just a little bit kinder.

at least my lovely bride gifted me some decent provisions to help with the coping process...

View attachment 633473

I married well.
Just how I did so is a cosmic mystery, but I'll accepted the windfall regardless.

Well I did get one of those bottles. That's a nice haul.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas with family and friends. I had a wonderful Christmas with the family. The DW, being a church musician, has church services Christmas morning, so the DD and I had to wait to open presents, the norm in our family. It's going to be a slow start to the week for me as the office I'm going to today only has 5 patients all day, and the first one doesn't come in until 10 am, so I was told to bring a book....so I will. Otherwise all is well. Have a good day, fellas, and we'll chat later.

TTFN

Nice!

View attachment 633473

I married well.

looks like you've got yourself some nice provisions.

View attachment 633473

I married well.
Just put a straw in that bottle of Eagle Rare for me. I always keep 2 bottles in my cabinet. Love that stuff. If you’ve never tried the Blue Note 9 year out of Memphis I highly recommend it as well.

Morning all. It's the Monday after Christmas and a new season is upon us.

I got you beat, my tree came down yesterday afternoon. To be fair, we took it down because the cats kept climbing up it and chewing on it. Usually, we take the tree down on New Year's Day.

Just popping in to say a quick hello and to wish everyone a belated Merry Christmas and early Happy New Year. I'll get caught up on all the shenanigans that took place while I was absent soon. We took a trip in October and when we returned, life just seemed to get in the way. I haven't even gotten a chance to sort through the hundreds (thousands) of pictures I took.

Work and all the end of the year stuff that comes along with it hit my desk like a tidal wave. As the Operations Manager of a small company, I am responsible for making sure every department is reset for the coming year. Fewer staff than usual meant I had more to do myself than in years past. The Kid had finals for the end of the trimester which caused some slight panic in our household (she is a brilliant kid but worries all the same). She then started Driver's Ed and thinks she can practice with my car :rotfl:. The Better Half is studying for her Pharmacy Technician test that is coming up soon and is terribly worried.

I am currently sitting at work procrastinating. Technically, we are closed this week, but I still have some things to get done before the first. It began snowing on Christmas night and all the roads are frozen so none of my staff made it in. Unlike those in the frozen north, we just don't do snow. We don't plow down to bare pavement and we don't use salt on our roads. It's an excellent excuse to stay home and watch daytime tv.

20211227_083658.jpg

Afternoon gents.
Snowy day hereabouts. The drive to work was fun. I suspect trying to get out of the parking lot will be... problematic.

My stepdaughter was shocked and just stood there, mouth agape.
Perfect!!
My 9 & 10 year old boys started dancing around. They’re your typical super active kids so they’ll be running around Disney all day long when we go.
:laughing:

Man, that all sounds great. :)
We did well.
Needed a new vacuum for the house as the old one pretty much died a couple weeks ago.
Got a new on for 50% off. DD bought a treadmill at 45% off. Now she'll have someplace to hang her laundry.
Right back atcha.
Not bad!
Hope everyone had a great Christmas with family and friends.
Not yet. Did with SWMBO and DDs, but my sister and folks have to wait until Wednesday, my day off.
Morning all. It's the Monday after Christmas and a new season is upon us.

View attachment 633649
Already?!?!?
I got you beat, my tree came down yesterday afternoon.
:faint:
Just popping in to say a quick hello and to wish everyone a belated Merry Christmas and early Happy New Year
Same to you!
She then started Driver's Ed and thinks she can practice with my car :rotfl:.
:lmao:
The Better Half is studying for her Pharmacy Technician test that is coming up soon and is terribly worried.
Good luck to her.
It began snowing on Christmas night and all the roads are frozen so none of my staff made it in. Unlike those in the frozen north, we just don't do snow. We don't plow down to bare pavement and we don't use salt on our roads. It's an excellent excuse to stay home and watch daytime tv.
We got about 6" this morning and I came in. Still snowing. No idea how much we have now.

View attachment 633473

I married well.
Nice haul there, Rob. That'll keep ya goin for a fair while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter