DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Hey, guys! Had a very slow day yesterday. There were 6 patients scheduled yesterday, but dropped to 4 by lunch, and we were done by lunch. I started an online Medical Terminology course, and having only 4 patients all day gave me plenty of time to get through 3 chapters. We'll see how many chapters I get through today. The rest of the week will be busier as I'm going to two different offices that are primary offices and will have more patients instead of the specialty office I'm in today.

Afternoon gents.
Snowy day hereabouts. The drive to work was fun. I suspect trying to get out of the parking lot will be... problematic.

Had to deal with that at the train station when I use to when I had to commute to Boston. More than once the plow would block all the cars in by piling up the snow as it went by. Got to where I use to keep a snow shovel in my car in winter.

Not yet. Did with SWMBO and DDs, but my sister and folks have to wait until Wednesday, my day off.

But you'll have that time.

Morning all.

Off to visit the folks for a but today. It's a bit scary with the increasing infections that are happening right now but I don't think we have many of these left so I go when I can.

Hope you all have a great day.

Had to deal with that at the train station when I use to when I had to commute to Boston. More than once the plow would block all the cars in by piling up the snow as it went by. Got to where I use to keep a snow shovel in my car in winter.

I used to have that problem at the airport. PITA!

What's up, guys? Had another slow day yesterday, and while I didn't get through 3 chapters in my terminology course, I did get through 1...I talked a lot with the ladies too much. It was kind of nice having couple of slow days, but I'm seriously ready to be a little busier at work. I know things will be picking up next week, so I'm not worried. I'm off to a different location today, with a few more patients, 18 patients instead of 6 yesterday, so a little busier.

Morning all.

Off to visit the folks for a but today. It's a bit scary with the increasing infections that are happening right now but I don't think we have many of these left so I go when I can.

Hope you all have a great day.

:thumbsup2

I used to have that problem at the airport. PITA!

I'm so glad I no longer have that problem.

Morning chaps from an overcast London. Just finished the big Cindy's Castle LEGO set that I bought for the young'un in October, now the Lady K is asking the awkward question of where I'm going to put it. I'm thinking if I don't come up with an answer sharpish, she's gonna find a place to put it, and that thing has some pretty rough edges.

Hope all is well, double Dole Whip for everyone.

A belated Merry Christmas to you all, and an early Happy New Year. Just doing a drive-by to say hi. I came into work for one day to a) preserve a little vacation time, and b) clean off my desk with nobody else here to bother me. Naturally, I'm not cleaning anything at the moment and procrastinating by posting here. Hey, it's what I do.

What's up, guys? Had another slow day yesterday, and while I didn't get through 3 chapters in my terminology course, I did get through 1...I talked a lot with the ladies too much. It was kind of nice having couple of slow days, but I'm seriously ready to be a little busier at work. I know things will be picking up next week, so I'm not worried. I'm off to a different location today, with a few more patients, 18 patients instead of 6 yesterday, so a little busier.

So you are just becoming one of the girls. ;)

Morning, folks.
My one day off. So far, the only thing I've done is answered a text from work asking me to work overtime 2 days in January. :sad2:

while I didn't get through 3 chapters in my terminology course, I did get through 1
Will the course help you get another position? Or a pay increase? Or is it to help you with your current job?
Just finished the big Cindy's Castle LEGO set that I bought for the young'un in October, now the Lady K is asking the awkward question of where I'm going to put it. I'm thinking if I don't come up with an answer sharpish, she's gonna find a place to put it, and that thing has some pretty rough edges.
I figure front and center in the middle of the living room would be fine.
Naturally, I'm not cleaning anything at the moment and procrastinating by posting here. Hey, it's what I do.
Isn't that what everyone in your department does???

Exactly.

Update: I can now see the surface of my desk. So that's progress.
Prove it.
Clear Desk GIFs | Tenor

Morning chaps from an overcast London. Just finished the big Cindy's Castle LEGO set that I bought for the young'un in October, now the Lady K is asking the awkward question of where I'm going to put it. I'm thinking if I don't come up with an answer sharpish, she's gonna find a place to put it, and that thing has some pretty rough edges.

Hope all is well, double Dole Whip for everyone.
You can tell her you'll deliver it to a friend in Germany within the next 2 months.

Happy to help a bloke out.

Fellas! How's it going? My Friday today and looking forward to it. Found out yesterday that someone I work with, a fellow float like me, tested positive for COVID. Luck for me I hadn't actually worked with her directly in a while. However, I was working at the location she was at on Tuesday, so to say I disinfected the whole area when I got to work yesterday is an understatement. I feel comfortable that I took all the precautions I could, but one can't be too careful. I even had to ask someone to leave because they came in coughing continuously. Nope, not having it. "LEAVE you unhealthy demon!" Otherwise a good day. Off to get ready for work and the last work day for the week. Have fun, Gents!

TTFN

So you are just becoming one of the girls. ;)

When the girls I work with are all cute? Yes. :teeth: I can fit right in. :teeth::thumbsup2

Morning, folks.
My one day off. So far, the only thing I've done is answered a text from work asking me to work overtime 2 days in January. :sad2:

No reset for the weary.

Will the course help you get another position? Or a pay increase? Or is it to help you with your current job?

Eventually, yes. There are a lot of positions that require you to have a knowledge of, or have taken a course in, medical terminology. Also, back in late 2017 I started a course in medical coding, a job field that, according to the U.S. Gov.'s Labor and Statistics, would grow by 24% in 4 years....which just happens to be how long I've been trying to get certified. :rolleyes: Long story short, when I lost my job back in 2019, I stopped studying and spent most of my time trying to find a job. This kind of killed my drive to study, which I'm just now starting to get back. Once I get certified, more doors in the medical field should open because of the knowledge I'll have. Now, that doesn't automatically mean I can get a job right away, getting job in any field with no experience is hard, but I do work in the medical field now, so that's my foot-in-the-door. The medical coding field can pay a lot if you're willing to work for it, which I am, kind of late in life, but, hey, I'll take it.

I figure front and center in the middle of the living room would be fine.

That's what I'm thinking, but ad a light that shines right on to it.

Isn't that what everyone in your department does???

That's what I do when the bosses aren't looking.

Morning boys.
Start of a 12 hour shift coming up. At least today I'll get a break after a couple hours (and then no more). Getting up early tomorrow is gonna hurt. Then again... what else is new?

Eventually, yes. There are a lot of positions that require you to have a knowledge of, or have taken a course in, medical terminology. Also, back in late 2017 I started a course in medical coding, a job field that, according to the U.S. Gov.'s Labor and Statistics, would grow by 24% in 4 years....which just happens to be how long I've been trying to get certified. :rolleyes: Long story short, when I lost my job back in 2019, I stopped studying and spent most of my time trying to find a job. This kind of killed my drive to study, which I'm just now starting to get back. Once I get certified, more doors in the medical field should open because of the knowledge I'll have. Now, that doesn't automatically mean I can get a job right away, getting job in any field with no experience is hard, but I do work in the medical field now, so that's my foot-in-the-door. The medical coding field can pay a lot if you're willing to work for it, which I am, kind of late in life, but, hey, I'll take it.
I recall you saying before how you were trying to get that foot in the door. Keep up the studies. Knowledge gained is never a waste of time/effort.
That's what I'm thinking, but ad a light that shines right on to it.
Nice touch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter