DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Then again, chances are the top two Russians were tainted, themselves! :laughing:
Tainted? Is that the politically correct or just the polite Canadian way of saying doped up or women with more chest hair than most men???

I don't think it taints it at all. The Russian athletes should have been banned a long time ago. I feel sorry for individual athletes but when you have a country that runs a systematic doping program it's hard to believe any of the athletes are clean. As for the Russia's and Belarus" latest actions, they don't deserve to be part of the world community
Dang Darcy! We may disagree on good gravy, but wish I could've given this more than a love reaction. Well and truly said, sir!!!

Very good point. Not much point in saying "I lost to the best" if the "best" was doped and had an unfair advantage.
This!

Is that the male version of a lady of the evening?
He said evening men not men of the evening! :lmao:

Morning Men
The Morning Men of the Dis... an unruly bunch if there ever was.
Tainted? Is that the politically correct or just the polite Canadian way of saying doped up or women with more chest hair than most men???
Polite Canadian. We have that down to a science.... kind of like the Russians have their doping.
He said evening men not men of the evening! :lmao:
Hey, I calls them as I sees them.

Wait... does that make me a call guy?

Mornin', Fellas! Just a quick drive-by this morning "Beep" Beep" Had a good weekend. Had a friend and her boyfriend come down to visit, so Friday evening and Saturday morning were spent cleaning the family room (my daughter's toys looked like they exploded). Sunday was spent in intense inspection of the insides of my eyelids. It has been a while since I've inspected them, so it was long overdue...they passed inspection, by the way. That's it. Off to work today. Oh! So I was the last front desk person at one office before they closed it. Well, today I get to be the first front desk person as they re-open the office. Not sure what I'm walking into today, be it busy or slow, but I'll find out.

Morning, folks.

:wave:

Sorry for the loss.

Thanks.

Well, shoot!

There's a whole new week ahead, so there's still a chance. :teeth:

Ehh, it's worth a try.
We leave tomorrow evening.
(Assuming, my employer doesn't put up a last minute fuss.)
I wouldn't even wish for the employer interference even on my worst nemesis.
I don't think it taints it at all. The Russian athletes should have been banned a long time ago. I feel sorry for individual athletes but when you have a country that runs a systematic doping program it's hard to believe any of the athletes are clean. As for the Russia's and Belarus" latest actions, they don't deserve to be part of the world community.
True story.
Agreed. Russia was "banned', but that ended up being so toothless that there really were no consequences for them.
Exactly. No, you can't compete under the Russian flag, but you can still compete as the Russian Olympic Committee... I mean... OK??? :confused3 :confused3 :confused3
Imagine that...
We actually got away with it.
Congrats! Hope you're having a great time!
Friday evening and Saturday morning were spent cleaning the family room (my daughter's toys looked like they exploded)
Sounds typical. And I'm sure it looked like they had exploded again by the time you were done inspecting your eyelids.
First day of March Break here, I was supposed to be on a boat. I am not on a boat.
Sorry to hear that.

Sunday was spent in intense inspection of the insides of my eyelids. It has been a while since I've inspected them, so it was long overdue...they passed inspection, by the way.

What are you looking for when you do this? Do you have a checklist?

What's that feel like?

If anyone has the right to ask this, it's you.

First day of March Break here, I was supposed to be on a boat. I am not on a boat.

Well...crud.

Sounds typical. And I'm sure it looked like they had exploded again by the time you were done inspecting your eyelids.

So true. It's almost like you have kids of your own.

Morning, Fellas! Well, first day back in the office that was closed, and all went well. It was a slow day, which is nice, but at the end of the day I was tired and ready to go home. Otherwise things are going well. Have a good day, guys.

TTFN

Have mixed feelings. On the one hand, glad they were banned, on the other...

"I won an Olympic gold medal in _____."
"Wow! That means you're the best in the world!"
"Well, the top two, who are Russian, weren't there..."

Kinda taints the win a bit?

Then again, chances are the top two Russians were tainted, themselves! :laughing:

I ran out of time yesterday and wanted to revisit this. I see what you're saying, "Wow! I'm #1 in the world, but am I? The Russians didn't compete, so...." But if they were doping and won the 1st and 2nd place, then those wins would be tainted and thus the wins meaningless.

I don't think it taints it at all. The Russian athletes should have been banned a long time ago. I feel sorry for individual athletes but when you have a country that runs a systematic doping program it's hard to believe any of the athletes are clean. As for the Russia's and Belarus" latest actions, they don't deserve to be part of the world community.

I agree.

Agreed. Russia was "banned', but that ended up being so toothless that there really were no consequences for them.

Right?! Why bother having rules if you're not going to enforce them.

What's that feel like?

Feels good, providing the kid and dog don't bump into the chair while they're playing.

Morning All.

That's kind of harsh, man, sorry.

Exactly. No, you can't compete under the Russian flag, but you can still compete as the Russian Olympic Committee... I mean... OK??? :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

Makes no sense. If you're going to ban them, ban them. But now I guess the Russians have been banned from all international sporting events because of the war with Ukraine. If they're not, they soon will be.

Well, it doesn't look like it exploded yet, but things are starting to creep back out into the family room.

What are you looking for when you do this? Do you have a checklist?

I do have a checklist, and depending on things go, this checklist could take me a couple of hours to get through. Most of the time I can get through it in an hour.

So true. It's almost like you have kids of your own.

:laughing:

We were looking at returning to Disney World in the summer of 2023. But between all of the added costs (x6 for everyone in my family) and what is apparently the new normal of 2+ hour waits for rides every day....

...we're thinking of not going and doing something else.

I apologize if this constitutes blasphemy and understand if this requires my removal from the group.

I will be on one in 19 days… want to come along?
Nice! Where ya going and which line?
I ran out of time yesterday and wanted to revisit this. I see what you're saying, "Wow! I'm #1 in the world, but am I? The Russians didn't compete, so...." But if they were doping and won the 1st and 2nd place, then those wins would be tainted and thus the wins meaningless.
Yes and... yes.
Feels good, providing the kid and dog don't bump into the chair while they're playing.
You need a moat.

We were looking at returning to Disney World in the summer of 2023. But between all of the added costs (x6 for everyone in my family) and what is apparently the new normal of 2+ hour waits for rides every day....

...we're thinking of not going and doing something else.

I apologize if this constitutes blasphemy and understand if this requires my removal from the group.
Nope... totally get this. Disney is doing their utmost to alienate as many dedicated fans as possible. Soon it will be a playground for the rich only, something that I'm sure is causing Walt Disney to spin like a top in his grave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter