DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Hey, Fellas! Hope all is well. Spending another weekend with a sick kid. Came home from work Friday to find my DD on the couch with her ear hurting. Turns out, after a trip to urgent care, she has an ear infection. Had these plenty of times when I was a kid, so I feel her pain. She's on the mend now and almost ready to take on the world. Outside that I've got nothing. Have a good day, and we'll chat later.

TTFN

Morning all.
2nd big sporting event of the year this afternoon. Anyone watching the Daytona 500?

Never watched it, but have a good afternoon.

Hey, Fellas! Hope all is well. Spending another weekend with a sick kid. Came home from work Friday to find my DD on the couch with her ear hurting. Turns out, after a trip to urgent care, she has an ear infection. Had these plenty of times when I was a kid, so I feel her pain. She's on the mend now and almost ready to take on the world. Outside that I've got nothing. Have a good day, and we'll chat later.
Doesn't she know she's supposed to only be sick on school days?

Hope she's feeling better soon.

Are the racers, using gas or electric cars?

Gas for these guys. There is a Formula E series though that uses electric cars.

TTFN

Never watched it, but have a good afternoon.

Hope she's feeling better.

Happy Family Day All!

Family Day Long Weekend Activities & Events in Greater Moncton (Feb 14-17)  • Pickle Planet Moncton

Morning all.
2nd big sporting event of the year this afternoon. Anyone watching the Daytona 500?
::yes:: Not a bad race. Not the best. I enjoy racing, but restrictor plate races just aren't my favorite. More luck than skill in some senses... I mean these guys all have top level skill, but where you are, who's behind you seem to matter more than what you or your car are capable of doing.

Hope she recovers quickly!

And a Happy Louis Riel day to you. Or as I’m calling it this year, Thursday.
I feel like I have to look at the calendar again every time you post.

Hey, Fellas, how's it going for everyone? Well, DD's feeling a lot better now that she's got some medication in her. She's off at a sleep over at Nana's, which gave me and the Mrs. an evening out last night. Went to a nice restaurant and got to finally discuss, without the DD around and having to whisper, the Disney trip at length. We didn't nail down any specifics except for where we're going to eat the first night we're there, we decided on the Rainforest Café, it's what we know, but other than that it was just a lot of talking about ideas and what not, so it was good to have that time.

I went out today and spend nearly $400 on shoes, not something I was expecting to do, but really needed. You see, I finally had to admit that I'm getting older and need new "orthotic" style shoes. Now, I put orthotic in quotes because I'm not sure that's what you'd call these shoes because they didn't come from a podiatrist. I have bad feet/ankles and was in fear of buying those old-man style clunky black "orthotic" shoes. I wasn't looking forward to it, but off to a shoe store my doctor insisted I visit I went. First off, the staff really know their shoes, and secondly, they measured my feet. Can't tell you the last time I had my feet measured in a shoe store. That made a big difference as well. Turns out the shoes are quite stylish and look like any normal sneaker. That made me happy. While one is a name I've not heard of, Brooks, the other is New Balance. Go figure. I liked both of them so much I bought both pair. My reasoning is that I can break both shoes in and take them to Disney World and switch every other day giving my feet, and shoes, a break. I was so impressed with the shoes I even bought a pair for work. So I bought 2 pair of sneakers and one pair for work for about $390, and that's with a $90 discount I got. The guy took $20 off each shoe, but gave me an extra $10 off because I was buying 3 pairs. I've been wearing one of the pair's of sneakers for about 4 hours now and I already feel the effect in one of my knees, and I'm loving it.

Doesn't she know she's supposed to only be sick on school days?

Right?! It always happens with her on weekends. She needs to straighten out her priorities.

Hope she's feeling better soon.

Hope she's feeling better.

Hope she recovers quickly!

Thanks, guys, she's feeling better. She's not 100%, but she's feeling a lot better.

Well Friday is always the day before the weekend and a day off, right? I've worked four days in a row, so that would be Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I have five more shifts to go and the last one is Friday because the next day is a day off. So if today, the 20th is Thursday and the 25th is Friday... the days in between have to be Thursday too, don't they?

See? Makes perfect sense.

Morning, Fellas! Hope all are well. Today I'll be working with Lingerie Photography Lady. :teeth: I'll have to let you know how it goes. And I'm not going to ask to see her pictures, I'll let her bring that up. Wouldn't want to be called into HR because I asked to see her nickers, to use the British term.

When it comes to restaurants down in Disney World, what's the time frame for securing a reservation? 60 days? 120 days? This also applies to restaurants owned by other companies, right? I want to secure a reservation for the Rainforest Cafe, and want to make sure I can get it. Thanks

Well Friday is always the day before the weekend and a day off, right? I've worked four days in a row, so that would be Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I have five more shifts to go and the last one is Friday because the next day is a day off. So if today, the 20th is Thursday and the 25th is Friday... the days in between have to be Thursday too, don't they?

So you just have several Thursdays in order to actually get to Friday. No problem. Got it. :thumbsup2

I think you're the guy they made Groundhog Day about.

When it comes to restaurants down in Disney World, what's the time frame for securing a reservation? 60 days? 120 days? This also applies to restaurants owned by other companies, right? I want to secure a reservation for the Rainforest Cafe, and want to make sure I can get it. Thanks
I believe the current policy is 60 days from your arrival date. If you're staying at a Disney property, you can make dining reservations for your entire trip starting at that 60-day window. If you're off property, then it's a strict 60 days in advance.

I believe the current policy is 60 days from your arrival date. If you're staying at a Disney property, you can make dining reservations for your entire trip starting at that 60-day window. If you're off property, then it's a strict 60 days in advance.
This.

Also, you can cancel up to 2 hours before your ADR now so even if you don't get exactly what you want, keep checking because people have been booking a crap ton of ADRs for whatever they think they might want and then canceling as the trip approaches or even day of. We had great luck getting ADRs we wanted even on New Years Eve/New Years Day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter