• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Hey, Fellas! Hope all is well. Spending another weekend with a sick kid. Came home from work Friday to find my DD on the couch with her ear hurting. Turns out, after a trip to urgent care, she has an ear infection. Had these plenty of times when I was a kid, so I feel her pain. She's on the mend now and almost ready to take on the world. Outside that I've got nothing. Have a good day, and we'll chat later.

Hope she is back to 100% soon

This is me.
A little post padding I see..

Hey, Guys! Hope all are well. Had a good day yesterday. And yes, I got to see more pictures. Very lovely. I'm in for a slow day today, patients only until 1:30 pm. Not sure what I'm going to do with the rest of the afternoon, but I hope I'm not moved somewhere else. I like having a slow office from time to time. Well, off to work, fellas. Have a good day and we'll chat later.

I believe the current policy is 60 days from your arrival date. If you're staying at a Disney property, you can make dining reservations for your entire trip starting at that 60-day window. If you're off property, then it's a strict 60 days in advance.

Thought it was 60 days, but wasn't sure. I'll set a reminder in my phone to remind me at 60 days to get my reservations. Thanks

This.

Also, you can cancel up to 2 hours before your ADR now so even if you don't get exactly what you want, keep checking because people have been booking a crap ton of ADRs for whatever they think they might want and then canceling as the trip approaches or even day of. We had great luck getting ADRs we wanted even on New Years Eve/New Years Day.

I had heard on a Dreams Unlimited podcast where the cancellation policy (back when they recorded it) was 24 hrs., and to always look for reservations starting at that point. Now that I know it's 2 hours that's even better. Thanks for the heads up.

Hope she is back to 100% soon

Thanks, she is.

Happy Hump Day Dancing GIF - Happy Hump Day Dancing Hump GIFs

Evening guys. Just had a heart cath ablation done today to hopefully help stop the afib and arrhythmia I’ve had since I had Covid 2 years ago. So hopefully I can get back to my old activity level and start working out again in a few weeks. Most importantly, I won’t have to worry as much about having problems when we go to Disney world in about 3 weeks!

Everything well and they found a lot of problem spots to work on but the scan at the end of the procedure looked great!

Now I’m laying in bed unable to sleep. I guess it’s a combination of being knocked out for about 5 hours this afternoon and just dealing with discomfort. While I’m not in pain, when they go in and rotorooter around in your heart, it sure feels irritated after the fact. Lol.

Evening guys. Just had a heart cath ablation done today to hopefully help stop the afib and arrhythmia I’ve had since I had Covid 2 years ago. So hopefully I can get back to my old activity level and start working out again in a few weeks. Most importantly, I won’t have to worry as much about having problems when we go to Disney world in about 3 weeks!

Everything well and they found a lot of problem spots to work on but the scan at the end of the procedure looked great!
It sounds like it was a successful procedure and you're doing better. I think?

Morning Fellas! Hope all are well. It was a fairly slow day yesterday, but made it through ok as I was training someone. Training someone always makes the day go by. Back to the same primary location today, so I'm not expecting much.

I'm starting to plan more for our upcoming trip to the Disney, and the topic of restaurants came up with the Mrs. on Friday night. I've not been down there in over 20 years and know pretty much nothing on the restaurant scene, so I was wondering if you guys could make some recommendations. I love researching, and have already started looking on Disney's website, but some recommendations to start would be great. The Mrs. and I agree that we're not really interested in the high end signature restaurants, but just some good mid-level restaurants, around 2-$$, if 2-$$ is considered mid-level. Either way, 2-$$ is what we're looking for because that's what we're looking to spend on eating. I would appreciate some good restaurants to research. I'd consider spending more for the right restaurant. We have talked about character dinning, but haven't nailed that one down yet. So I'd appreciate some recommendations. Thanks. I'm also going to start frequenting the restaurant board.

:laughing: been a while since I’ve seen that one. Ya gotta wonder what was going through her mind as she flew off

I was wondering that myself. :laughing:

Now I’m laying in bed unable to sleep. I guess it’s a combination of being knocked out for about 5 hours this afternoon and just dealing with discomfort. While I’m not in pain, when they go in and rotorooter around in your heart, it sure feels irritated after the fact. Lol.

It sounds like everything worked out for you, so glad to hear that. Hope you stay healthy, my friend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter