• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

You know how the ballpark has the beer vendor wandering through the stands a few times during the game? We need those guys in the office.

Every office. But not just beer. Margaritas too.

Amendment accepted. Man Law.

An open bar with a well trained tender would work best for me...
but I'm good with the Law as written.

I approve. How the hell did it take so long to come up with this important law.

Only downside, our office has random drug tests that also include random breathalyzers. :headache:
Page 1 updated! :thumbsup2

Morning fellas! Hope all are well. Took today and tomorrow off, so enjoyed sleeping in to 5:30 am. Whew! That felt good. Got nothing major planned today except meeting a friend for lunch. Car's in the shop getting some work done to it, so I'll be taking the wife's car to lunch. Outside that the wife and I have decided to spend today and tomorrow doing some deep cleaning.

Ya don’t say. Is there any business anywhere that isn’t???

Touché

You know how the ballpark has the beer vendor wandering through the stands a few times during the game? We need those guys in the office.

I could have used one of those last week.

Every office. But not just beer. Margaritas too.

Not much of a margarita drinker, but I certainly wouldn't turn one down if someone at work offered me one.

Amendment accepted. Man Law.

:thumbsup2

An open bar with a well trained tender would work best for me...
but I'm good with the Law as written.

Even better.

I approve. How the hell did it take so long to come up with this important law.

Who knows, but it's now man law. :teeth:

Only downside, our office has random drug tests that also include random breathalyzers. :headache:

Hmm that's a problem.

I’ll start with the second question and that’s our idiot HR guy. But I work for a privately owned corporation that operates grain elevator facilities. I’m a location manager for one of them. The rules are blanket for all employees, and yes, I’ve had the honor of the random draw for a breathalyzer before. I guess in a sense it isn’t ridiculous because we have a few guys in the plant who operate large equipment like payloaders and rail car movers in the yard so being impaired in those roles is no bueno.

I’ll start with the second question and that’s our idiot HR guy. But I work for a privately owned corporation that operates grain elevator facilities. I’m a location manager for one of them. The rules are blanket for all employees, and yes, I’ve had the honor of the random draw for a breathalyzer before. I guess in a sense it isn’t ridiculous because we have a few guys in the plant who operate large equipment like payloaders and rail car movers in the yard so being impaired in those roles is no bueno.
One of the things I love about fictional tv is that every office has a least one bottle of alcohol and two clean glasses…

Hey, Guys! Well, as much as I tried I could not hold back year 53. It came and went whether I wanted it to or not. It wasn't bad, though. It raining here in the land of Cape Cod, so a perfect day to sit in my chair, pop in a movie marathon, Star Wars, and attempt to watch it before falling asleep under a warm blanket. Had a wonderful dinner out with the immediate family last night and was told my present was still being delivered. Got the present today and its from Omaha Steaks. I know what we're having for dinner tonight. :teeth:

Well, the trip is getting more real every day. The Mrs. and I are talking more and more about the trip and discussing ideas on restaurants, though we still haven't nailed down any specific restaurant except for The Rain Forest Café the day we arrive. I'm going to try and get a reservation for The Coral Reef for the day we're in EPCOT, which is Wednesday of that week.

Oh, so the DD suspects we're going to Disney World. Yeah she suspects, and it's from a few things I've let slip. Oops. :headache: I did recover quickly, though, and made it sound like it won't be for a few years. Now, somehow she took "a few years" and worked it out to be about 2 years. So according to my DMiL, when I talked to her about having our Magic Bands delivered to her house instead of ours, she thinks she's heading down Disney in 2 years. When I told my wife about this she was all on board with continuing that lie. :teeth: And yes, the Magic Bands have been ordered. :dancer::dancer: Boy, is that little girl going to be surprised when we tell her right before school lets out that we'll be heading down mid-June. Well, gotta run. Have a good evening, guys.

Happy birthday CCT! :cake:

Thanks, guys, appreciate it.

Morning, Fellas! Hope all are well on this fine day. We have the beginning of a nor'easter blowing through today. The weather people are calling it a "Bomb Cyclone," which I guess describes what we might get today. They're predicting wind gusts of up to 60 mph, and Eversource, the power company, is already predicting power outages. Went to fill up my car last night after work and saw a line of cars waiting for gas. People were filling up not only their car's, but gas cans for their generators in preparation for losing power. The last major storm that blew through didn't knock out any power, so I still have plenty of gas for my generator. We'll see what happens, but I'll be at work for a good chunk of it today, and as long as my house is where I left it when I went to work I'll be fine. Oh, and nothing falls on my car, which is a loaner from the dealership while mine gets fixed. I'd hate to call the dealership and tell them their brand new 2023 Sonata got crushed when a tree fell on it. I get to keep this car for a week, so kind of a nice birthday present. :drive::teeth: Well, gotta run and get ready for work. Have a good day, guys.

Last edited:
Morning, Fellas! Hope all are well on this fine day. We have the beginning of a nor'easter blowing through today. The weather people are calling it a "Bomb Cyclone," which I guess describes what we might get today. They're predicting wind gusts of up to 60 mph, and Eversource, the power company, is already predicting power outages. Went to fill up my car last night after work and saw a line of cars waiting for gas. People were filling up not only their car's, but gas cans for their generators in preparation for losing power. The last major storm that blew through didn't knock out any power, so I still have plenty of gas for my generator. We'll see what happens, but I'll be at work for a good chunk of it today, and as long as my house is where I left it when I went to work I'll be fine. Oh, and nothing falls on my car, which is a loaner from the dealership while mine gets fixed. I'd hate to call the dealership and tell them their brand new 2023 Sonata got crushed when a tree fell on it. I get to keep this car for a week, so kind of a nice birthday present. :drive::teeth: Well, gotta run and get ready for work. Have a good day, guys.
Sounds like you might need a “stay safe”

1678794206305.gif

Be careful! Don't park that loaner under any trees.

Or near any pastures...

gifs cow b Twister,cow GIF

Sounds like you might need a “stay safe”

I’d like to have “stayed safe” at home, but alas, I had a 4 day weekend and didn’t want to push it.

I’ll try. 😁

Be careful! Don't park that loaner under any trees.

Or near any pastures...

gifs cow b Twister,cow GIF
Thankfully the trees that are here in the parking lot at work are small. Can’t help the cows, but thankfully I’m not near any pastures.

take care and hunker down up there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter