• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Yesterday's round of golf was very enjoyable with DD. Weather forecast was on spot and plenty of folks took advantage of it. As for my game... well, it was about the same as the temperature... mid 80's. If you haven't tried this web site for booking online, you should give it a go: www.teeoff.com. Both DD and I played 18 with a cart for under $20. They send out 20-25% discount codes quite often.

Tonight I'm starting prep work for a big project this weekend... upgrading the electric panel from 150 to 200 amp and install a mini split heat pump. Will be fun times for sure. Anyone know the difference between the black wire and the white wire?? :confused3 :rotfl:

Yesterday's round of golf was very enjoyable with DD. Weather forecast was on spot and plenty of folks took advantage of it. As for my game... well, it was about the same as the temperature... mid 80's. If you haven't tried this web site for booking online, you should give it a go: www.teeoff.com. Both DD and I played 18 with a cart for under $20. They send out 20-25% discount codes quite often.

Tonight I'm starting prep work for a big project this weekend... upgrading the electric panel from 150 to 200 amp and install a mini split heat pump. Will be fun times for sure. Anyone know the difference between the black wire and the white wire?? :confused3 :rotfl:

Great scores and an even better price. Well done!

Don't forget to test for electricity by grabbing on to the wires. ;)

I've upgraded a panel before. Not hard, if you know what you are doing, but took a lot longer than I thought. I think you can just connect the black and white together. Shouldn't be a problem.

I've upgraded a panel before. Not hard, if you know what you are doing, but took a lot longer than I thought. I think you can just connect the black and white together. Shouldn't be a problem.

I got a qualified guy helping me... but still, I was thinking less than half a day... and more towards a couple hours. I've already warned the women that power will be out all day... so stay away! :lmao: "Is it done yet??"

Ah... black & white together = good. Got it :cool2:

Good news, bad news. It looks like the October beach vacation is off as DW bought a new car. It's not a complete surprise as she found the one she wanted for a good price.
Hate it when that happens...
But then again, a decent vehicle does tend to come in handy.
What did y'all pick up?

We've made it to the middle of the week. Now, if I can just last until Friday.
Tell me about it...
At least work has become nightmarish, and that does tend to keep my mind off it.

for a little while, anyway.

Stopher? Is that really you? I think maybe Carl has hacked the login....
:rotfl2:

Off to the dentist soon. Great way to start the day.
<<shudder>>
and on a Wednesday; just adding injury to insult.

Then to Goodyear because the kid picked up a nail in a tire that I bought less than a month ago.
More insult...
I've had to get tires plugged due to road debris 37 time to date.
Everything from nails to spikes to a 22 caliber slug have been pulled out over the years.
It's not a record I wish to be adding to.

Darn you, Mayhem!
thumbsup.png
:laughing:
I generally hate commercials...
But oddly, I've always liked that series.

Good metaphor on most folks lives.

Yesterday's round of golf was very enjoyable with DD. Weather forecast was on spot and plenty of folks took advantage of it. As for my game... well, it was about the same as the temperature...
Certainly one of the better uses of a weekday that I can think of.
I think we could declare you as having won the week.

Anyone know the difference between the black wire and the white wire?? :confused3 :rotfl:
66438335.jpg

sort of like touching a 9 volt battery with the tongue to see if it's good
When I was a young'en, we had a mutt who saw it as his personal mission to attack 9-volts whenever the opportunity presented itself...

It was always an epic battle.

Top O the Mornin Dads!
Morning all. Got a quick errand downtown and hoping... hoping.... HOPING... my replacement credit card arrives at the bank today before I leave for WDW tomorrow morning. Crap this sucks.
Hope you got it in time. Safe travels and enjoy your trip.
Yeah... it's all fun and games when their like 6 and walking around the house in Mom's shoes. But not so funny when she's eye-to-eye with me! lol
I hear you.
Good news, bad news. It looks like the October beach vacation is off as DW bought a new car. It's not a complete surprise as she found the one she wanted for a good price.
Sorry about the beach trip. What did you get?
Evening boys, from a 30 and humid London.
Dealt with same in China but only AC worth anything was at our offices. Hotel was a sweat box and the hunidity was just brutal.
That's... Headly.
200_s.gif

Good deal, that sounds like a perfect day glad you had a good time.
Qt4796.gif

Just sayin'
Look out CJ :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

More insult...
I've had to get tires plugged due to road debris 37 time to date.
Everything from nails to spikes to a 22 caliber slug have been pulled out over the years.
It's not a record I wish to be adding to.
22 caliber slug?? Who'd ya cut off? :rotfl2:

:laughing:
I generally hate commercials...
But oddly, I've always liked that series.

Good metaphor on most folks lives.

::yes::
And always at the most inopportune time

Certainly one of the better uses of a weekday that I can think of.
I think we could declare you as having won the week.

IDK about winning the week... there are some folks in the World right now that have are eating Mickey head ice cream bars... :earseek::mickeybar

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

When I was a young'en, we had a mutt who saw it as his personal mission to attack 9-volts whenever the opportunity presented itself...

It was always an epic battle.

Ha! That could gotten you $1000 on America's Funniest Videos....

Qt4796.gif

Just sayin'

:lmao::lmao::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

:car: Bummer on the beach vacation.

Sorry about the trip.

Well that blows...hope you get to vacation soon.
?

Bad news about the beach vacation, but at least the car was a decent price.
).

Sorry to hear about the vacation cancellation. That's a real bummer. Hope the new car works out well for your family. Now what about your daily driver?

Sorry about the trip. What did she buy?

Hate it when that happens...
But then again, a decent vehicle does tend to come in handy.
What did y'all pick up?

Sorry about the beach trip. What did you get?
:

Thanks. She got a Buick Encore, a compact SUV. Her family has always been a Buick fan, and it was one of GM's 25% off cars. It is a nice vehicle. Don't worry - I still have the Tumbler/ Aztek, and I'll drive it until the wheels off.

Greetings and hello gents. It's been quite a while since I last posted here. Just thought I'd stop by and say hello.

::wave:

Last edited:
Happy Wednesday. The view on campus has been amazing this week. :goodvibes:goodvibes

In other news, played 3 hours of tennis last night, am up for 2 hours tonite, and tournament may start tomorrow. This should be my last tournament of the season.

Life of Don. Glad the golf went well. As for those wires, one is for fun and the other is visiting in-laws. :lmao:

Last edited:
Then to Goodyear because the kid picked up a nail in a tire that I bought less than a month ago.
Ugh. I've been relatively lucky over the years and only had a couple nails. Last one was about a year ago but luckily was in a tire I was about to replace anyway.

You've got more skill than me. The most I ever trusted myself to do was install a ceiling fan and lights.

In other news, played 3 hours of tennis last night, am up for 2 hours tonite, and tournament may start tomorrow. This should be my last tournament of the season.
Good luck in the tournament this time around!

‘Morning all…
Two work days before we’re finally headed back to Da’ World; looks like we may actually get to travel this time. Got most of the final details worked out now. Got to meet with the Critter-Sitter this afternoon, do a bit of yard work tonight, and finish up the packing tomorrow (plus survive the day at work), then we’re off!

Oh... and we’ll be leaving too. :woohoo:

22 caliber slug?? Who'd ya cut off? :rotfl2:
That was certainly the strangest one; quite the conversation starter.
It was embedded point first in the tread, so I more likely ran over a spent shot that was sitting in the road than had it aimed directly at me. In the second scenario I’d think the thing would have been in the sidewall of the tire (or worse the body of the truck).

IDK about winning the week... there are some folks in the World right now that have are eating Mickey head ice cream bars... :earseek::mickeybar
And not much beats Dis, but quality one-on-one time and memories with one’s young’ens does qualify.

Ha! That could gotten you $1000 on America's Funniest Videos....
I’ve often thought that…
Too bad home video was still a good decade or two off in the future at the time.

Thanks. She got a Buick Encore, a compact SUV. Her family has always been a Buick fan, and it was one of GM's 25% off cars. It is a nice vehicle. Don't worry - I still have the Tumbler/ Aztek, and I'll drive it until the wheels off.
A good deal on a decent ride is not to be sneezed at, nor is being able to keep running one that’s already paid for. I’ve most certainly benefited from not having car payments for a good while now.

The view on campus has been amazing this week. :goodvibes:goodvibes
Especially when combined with yoga pants…

First of multiple visits to the dentist ended and the tire was fixed. Only about 5 hours wasted yesterday. The puncture was "outside" where they normally patch but it was so close, they did it anyway. That took a while and after it was patched I would have wasted another couple of hours waiting for them to change it. Instead I was there bright and early this morning when they opened at 7:00. Got out of there before 8:00. Going to celebrate with some bacon and eggs for breakfast.

Good morning gents. It's Friday Eve!

Back at you.

‘Morning all…
Two work days before we’re finally headed back to Da’ World; looks like we may actually get to travel this time. Got most of the final details worked out now. Got to meet with the Critter-Sitter this afternoon, do a bit of yard work tonight, and finish up the packing tomorrow (plus survive the day at work), then we’re off!

Whoot and then another WHOOT! Have a blast.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Mixed news as the kids are coming home this weekend but unfortunately to attend a funeral as close friends, both adults and kids, mom / grandma passed. Other than that enjoying the World Cup of Hockey even though the games up til now have been warm-ups. Games that count start Saturday so nice to get hockey a little earlier than normal.
Good morning gents. It's Friday Eve!
Beat me to it and amen.
‘Morning all…

Enjoy my friend. Glad all has worked out for you as I know you were disappointed when previous trip had to be cancelled. Send pics for the rest of us stuck working.

Happy Thursday everyone. Have two matches scheduled tonight, doubles with my usual friend, and mixed doubles with my daughter. She is also playing doubles with my friend's daughter. The temp isn't bad and I only have my usual injuries/ pain level.

Good luck in the tournament this time around!

Thanks.

‘Morning all…
Two work days before we’re finally headed back to Da’ World; looks like we may actually get to travel this time. Got most of the final details worked out now. Got to meet with the Critter-Sitter this afternoon, do a bit of yard work tonight, and finish up the packing tomorrow (plus survive the day at work), then we’re off!:

A good deal on a decent ride is not to be sneezed at, nor is being able to keep running one that’s already paid for. I’ve most certainly benefited from not having car payments for a good while now.

Have a great trip. As for the car, I do hate car payments and I don't do them, so this was a not the friction I wanted to have. But, the Tumbler sounds like it will roll over and die and I've already replaced the transmission. It's when and not if we will need to replace it. The Camry is paid off and waiting for me. :lmao:

First of multiple visits to the dentist ended and the tire was fixed. Only about 5 hours wasted yesterday. The puncture was "outside" where they normally patch but it was so close, they did it anyway. That took a while and after it was patched I would have wasted another couple of hours waiting for them to change it. Instead I was there bright and early this morning when they opened at 7:00. Got out of there before 8:00. Going to celebrate with some bacon and eggs for breakfast.

Not sure which is worse - dentist or car problems. Either way, your wallet ends up hurting.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Mixed news as the kids are coming home this weekend but unfortunately to attend a funeral as close friends, both adults and kids, mom / grandma passed. Other than that enjoying the World Cup of Hockey even though the games up til now have been warm-ups. Games that count start Saturday so nice to get hockey a little earlier than normal.
g.

Prayers for your friends' families.

Greetings and hello gents. It's been quite a while since I last posted here. Just thought I'd stop by and say hello.

Who are you again?:confused3

Just kidding. Welcome back, Stopher!

‘Morning all…

Have fun storming the castle! Glad you could make this one happen.

Morning Guys. welcome to Friday.

our annual Harvest Jazz and Blues festival started Wednesday and DW and I took in one of the shows last night, David Myles and Classified. A strange pairing given David Myles is folksy jazz, roots music and Classified is rap/hop hop. They done a few collaborations now and they do go well together. Tonight we are off to the main tent to see a band called Metric. Don't know much about them but with free tickets and drinks it doesn't matter much. ;)

Spending the afternoon at an IT Showcase learning about all the things we should buy but I'm really only going for the free food and prizes.

Hope everyone is doing well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter