• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Top O the Mornin Dads! I am ready to go home, already. Looking forward to seeing the kids a bit this weekend and watching some WC Hockey and football as well after the funeral stuff tomorrow. Have a good weekend and to those at DaWorld, tell them to publish there park schedules and hours for the week of Christmas / New Years for the love of Mike. I can't plan when I know hours will be different and parades and nighttime shows aren't listed yet :mad:
Prayers for your friends' families.
Thanks Norm
Morning Guys. welcome to Friday.

our annual Harvest Jazz and Blues festival started Wednesday and DW and I took in one of the shows last night, David Myles and Classified. A strange pairing given David Myles is folksy jazz, roots music and Classified is rap/hop hop. They done a few collaborations now and they do go well together. Tonight we are off to the main tent to see a band called Metric. Don't know much about them but with free tickets and drinks it doesn't matter much. ;)

Spending the afternoon at an IT Showcase learning about all the things we should buy but I'm really only going for the free food and prizes.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Definitely some strange combos there but sounds like a stress free & fun couple of days, enjoy.

‘Morning all…
Two work days before we’re finally headed back to Da’ World; looks like we may actually get to travel this time. Got most of the final details worked out now. Got to meet with the Critter-Sitter this afternoon, do a bit of yard work tonight, and finish up the packing tomorrow (plus survive the day at work), then we’re off!

Have a great time!

Morning Guys. welcome to Friday.
Finally, at last we are here! Been looking forward to this day since Monday.

Spending the afternoon at an IT Showcase learning about all the things we should buy but I'm really only going for the free food and prizes.
Meetings where free food is provided. This should be a requirement!

Top O the Mornin Dads! I am ready to go home, already. Looking forward to seeing the kids a bit this weekend and watching some WC Hockey and football as well after the funeral stuff tomorrow. Have a good weekend and to those at DaWorld, tell them to publish there park schedules and hours for the week of Christmas / New Years for the love of Mike. I can't plan when I know hours will be different and parades and nighttime shows aren't listed yet :mad:

Thanks Norm

Definitely some strange combos there but sounds like a stress free & fun couple of days, enjoy.

Looking forward to the hockey as well; based on the exhibition games there should be some good games to watch.

Sorry about the funeral stuff, that's always a downer.

The Classified/Myles collaboration is strange but always entertaining. Here is a link to the first video they did together, I think it won a Juno or a Much Music Video Award (Canadian Grammy/MTV Video Award equivalent).

Happy Pre-Football Saturday guys. Making fried chicken and potato salad today for dinner. Cold chicken and more potato salad for munching on during the games tomorrow.

The Pirate Princess is out on the boat for her first trip as a shark intern. It is a new boat and they are testing it out. She wasn't sure if they will be tagging sharks today or just tooling around the Atlantic. She did say they pick an intern of the month and they get to take a guest out on the boat for a tagging excursion. I told her she better win soon.

Sad about the funeral, I hope the families finds some peace. Good news with the kids coming home and the weekend plans though. Have fun with them.

Finally, at last we are here! Been looking forward to this day since Monday.

I think a lot of us were.

Happy Friday. Went to the eye doctor for annual exam, and all is good. Took a sick day from work and enjoyed the day, despite early rain. I didn't fair well last night in doubles as I couldn't get my head into the match. The other team showed up an hour late, which should have been a forfeit. Then, the lights wouldn't go on and we had a long break in the dark in the middle of the match. But, DD won their first doubles match (before the lights went out), but lost the 2nd match. She will have a singles match tonight as well.

Yes, free food and prizes are always a good idea.

Happy Pre-Football Saturday guys. Making fried chicken and potato salad today for dinner. Cold chicken and more potato salad for munching on during the games tomorrow.

The Pirate Princess is out on the boat for her first trip as a shark intern. It is a new boat and they are testing it out. She wasn't sure if they will be tagging sharks today or just tooling around the Atlantic. She did say they pick an intern of the month and they get to take a guest out on the boat for a tagging excursion. I told her she better win soon.

Well, I guess I can go shark hunting with her on the boat. You were talking about me as the guest, right? :lmao:

It's a perfectly good reason to go anywhere!

That would be very cool. Hopefully she gets it!

Happy Friday. Went to the eye doctor for annual exam, and all is good. Took a sick day from work and enjoyed the day, despite early rain. I didn't fair well last night in doubles as I couldn't get my head into the match. The other team showed up an hour late, which should have been a forfeit. Then, the lights wouldn't go on and we had a long break in the dark in the middle of the match. But, DD won their first doubles match (before the lights went out), but lost the 2nd match. She will have a singles match tonight as well.
Too bad about the matches so far. Hopefully it better for both you and DD after.

Good early Saturday morning as it is 6:30 AM here. Oldest dd and DW are headed out of town for a swim meet today, so I got up early to see them off. It is quiet and calm listening to the rain before the packing begins. :lmao:

We had a great, but grueling set of of multiple matches yesterday. The good thing about these small tournaments with multiple divisions is small brackets. There are Open, A, B, & C Singles with 4 to 8 players in each bracket. And, you get multiple "winners", so that players like my dd has a chance to "win a tournament". The bad thing about that set-up when you play singles, doubles, & mixed doubles, is that you play multiple matches, usually consecutive with a 15 min break between, to complete them all in a tournament weekend. With all that, I'm happy to report my younger dd won the C singles championship yesterday and I made it to the Open Singles finals today. But, we also have to play Mixed Doubles today (2 or 3 matches maybe), so it's going to be a rough one. I was lucky to drag my *** from the bed to the couch this AM.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Kids are well on their way home so up early with them hitting the road. Enjoy the weekend gents watching football and let's not forget some good hockey.
Good early Saturday morning as it is 6:30 AM here. Oldest dd and DW are headed out of town for a swim meet today, so I got up early to see them off. It is quiet and calm listening to the rain before the packing begins. :lmao:

We had a great, but grueling set of of multiple matches yesterday. The good thing about these small tournaments with multiple divisions is small brackets. There are Open, A, B, & C Singles with 4 to 8 players in each bracket. And, you get multiple "winners", so that players like my dd has a chance to "win a tournament". The bad thing about that set-up when you play singles, doubles, & mixed doubles, is that you play multiple matches, usually consecutive with a 15 min break between, to complete them all in a tournament weekend. With all that, I'm happy to report my younger dd won the C singles championship yesterday and I made it to the Open Singles finals today. But, we also have to play Mixed Doubles today (2 or 3 matches maybe), so it's going to be a rough one. I was lucky to drag my *** from the bed to the couch this AM.
Congrats to DD and good luck to you in the finals today.

Looking forward to the hockey as well; based on the exhibition games there should be some good games to watch.

Sorry about the funeral stuff, that's always a downer.

The Classified/Myles collaboration is strange but always entertaining. Here is a link to the first video they did together, I think it won a Juno or a Much Music Video Award (Canadian Grammy/MTV Video Award equivalent).

Have to admit, never heard of either, but that was a great song!!

Happy Saturday guys. Cooked the fried chicken last night and it came out pretty well. Really enjoyed the potato salad, tasty. Looking forward to cold chicken for lunch and dinner. Ready for some football. The Florida game is on ESPNU which I no longer get so the radio is my option. Enjoy the day!

Well, I guess I can go shark hunting with her on the boat. You were talking about me as the guest, right? :lmao:

Be careful about your language around these people. Use the term "shark hunting" and they will cut you up and use the pieces as chum.

Let her know I'll go.

I will. She went out yesterday and they tagged five sharks. She also found out that family members are sometimes allowed to go out on the boat and is trying to arrange something for when the Brit comes over next month.

I'm happy to report my younger dd won the C singles championship yesterday and I made it to the Open Singles finals today.

Congrats on both accomplishments and good luck today in the finals. Big game in Louisville in a bit. Go Cardinals!

Made it home from tennis. Made it to mixed doubles finals and lost. And, I lost my singles finals. Played another 22 year old and lost 4-6, 5-7. I'm getting too old for this.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Kids are well on their way home so up early with them hitting the road. Enjoy the weekend gents watching football and let's not forget some good hockey.

Congrats to DD and good luck to you in the finals today.

Thanks.

Be careful about your language around these people. Use the term "shark hunting" and they will cut you up and use the pieces as chum.

Congrats on both accomplishments and good luck today in the finals. Big game in Louisville in a bit. Go Cardinals!

I said it around you, not around those guys. :lmao:

And, UL really took it to FSU. Jackson is for real and looking like a future #1 draft pick. I hope he can keep it up for the season.

With all that, I'm happy to report my younger dd won the C singles championship yesterday and I made it to the Open Singles finals today. But, we also have to play Mixed Doubles today (2 or 3 matches maybe), so it's going to be a rough one. I was lucky to drag my *** from the bed to the couch this AM.

Made it home from tennis. Made it to mixed doubles finals and lost. And, I lost my singles finals. Played another 22 year old and lost 4-6, 5-7. I'm getting too old for this.
Too bad about your losses, but that's not a bad showing against a 22 year old. And congrats to DD on her win.

Happy Sunday. Made it to gym and worked out some of the soreness. Youngest is playing team tennis today, with more of the same - Religious Ed, Mass, and Youth Group.

Turns out we are going on the beach vacation this year after all. We already have the room (DVC) and the points would have went into the holding account abyss. I cashed out my Disney Rewards and are going to try to go on the cheap. Should be an adventure.

Too bad about your losses, but that's not a bad showing against a 22 year old. And congrats to DD on her win.

Thanks.

Turns out we are going on the beach vacation this year after all. We already have the room (DVC) and the points would have went into the holding account abyss. I cashed out my Disney Rewards and are going to try to go on the cheap. Should be an adventure.
Great news. A vacation on the cheap is better than none at all. Hope you enjoy it!

talk-like-a-pirate-day-2.jpg

Happy Monday -- yeah right. Most of my teams tanked this weekend including ND and Team USA. And what knot-head thought to put the Bears on Monday night football? To those hockey enthusiast, how about team North America, (could use several of the U.S. players on the American team) fun hockey to watch.
Good deal, and going on the cheap is better than not at all.

Evening boys, from a very autumnal London.

And what knot-head thought to put the Bears on Monday night football?
I know, it won't be on till 1:30AM our time, so the PVR is set up. But I won't be able to not look at the result in the morning.

Turns out we are going on the beach vacation this year after all
Well that sounds like a result.

for when the Brit comes over next month.
:wave2:

Have a good evening chaps.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter