DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

'Morning all...

And a Happy Birthday to Norm
:bday:

What is with the Dolphins in all orange uniforms?
Made 'em look near as pitiful as they played. :sad2:

Agree. That's why I keep my Disney Visa card. The only thing I use my debit card is for ATM.
That's the way I do it as well.
Now I just need to help the boy get a card with a decent interest rate and probably a fairly low limit at first for the same purpose. There are plenty of banks offering him (and every other college age young'en) cards with fees and 25% to 30% interest but that's just plain foolish.

Looked good on paper but I think this needs some work.

see-you-next-fall-20-gifs-23.gif

I was given that advice as the key to a good marriage.

I checked at Vero Beach Resort. Disney just uses a local pro they call when someone wants to hit. I think the rate was $60 an hour (?) which is a bit higher than the usual rate, but it is a vacation resort. I know the written test isn't bad and I can make all the shots on the court test. I don't know if WDW does it the same way. I don't know if want to work at WDW when I retire. I might enjoy boat captain as I like being on the water.

Trattoria is good for breakfast, with seasonal offerings. Captain's Grill over at the Yacht Club (boat or walk) has a good breakfast. They have a buffet or you can order off the menu. Cape May has the character buffet at Beach Club. I think Tusker House was one of the better character buffet breakfasts, but Cape May was really close to it. Garden Grove at Swolphin is breakfast buffet as well, and I'm thinking characters only appeared certain days. The Boardwalk Bakery has hot sandwiches that you could sit outside on the Boardwalk and eat. That's a weather permitting option, but the Boardwalk is peaceful in the morning, other than the occasional crazy runner jogging by. :lmao:
Vero's good. The Vero/ Sebastian area is pretty affordable. That could be a nice place. Boat captain would fun as well. If you want an easier boat there's always Jungle Cruise. They're on a track.

Thanks for the tips. Yacht Club is something that I hadn't thought about. I think we'll check into that. I do like BoardWalk bakery. If we were there with family that would probably be the most likely choice.

Happy Birthday Norm.

It is official, the Dolphins suck. If there was any doubt, last night erased them.

Happy Birthday Norm. Go to the Bourbon bar to celebrate. Are they open yet?

Question for ya'll

DW and I will be there for DDC. We are getting there the night before our friends so we essentially have one meal (a breakfast) on our own. The night before we'll be saying at Boardwalk. Can any of you think of a date place for breakfast preferably around Boardwalk. Trattoria al Forno sprung to mind. Is there anything else I think we could probably get to Epcot if there was anything there? I thought about Tusker House but I don' know that I want a buffet.

Norm pretty much hit everything. Haven't gone for breakfast at Trattoria yet but it is one of my favorite restaurants at WDW. We will be trying their breakfast in January.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Here's the haul from mine and DS Star Wars Rogue One midnight collecting. Got everything we wanted to get in the first wave plus some extra stuff - going to sleep at 1:30 a.m. is kicking my butt today. Have a good weekend all.

Happy Birthday Norm!!!!!!!!!!!

What is with the Dolphins in all orange uniforms?
I'm guessing that since Florida loss to UT the Dolphins thought winning teams wear ugly orange uniforms that resemble creamcicles? (sorry since Jim isn't around as much thought I would cover for him on this one)
Whoever's there next should check
[/QUOTE]
Hopefully someone will be there before me but will check on it when down there at Christmas
Question for ya'll

DW and I will be there for DDC. We are getting there the night before our friends so we essentially have one meal (a breakfast) on our own. The night before we'll be saying at Boardwalk. Can any of you think of a date place for breakfast preferably around Boardwalk. Trattoria al Forno sprung to mind. Is there anything else I think we could probably get to Epcot if there was anything there? I thought about Tusker House but I don' know that I want a buffet.
Norm pretty much covered it but I was gonna suggest Boardwalk Bakery, maybe bring back to room for DW?

Happy Friday, guys. Good news yesterday. My agent called Disney to check on something for my November reservation and the CM offered her a Manager's Special. We had to move from Beach Club to Yacht Club, but same property, same view, and the price went down $800. I'll take it! The kids are only 2 & 4, so I doubt they'll notice the difference.

I don't know if want to work at WDW when I retire. I might enjoy boat captain as I like being on the water.

Take it from someone who knows, if you like being on the water, don't do it for a living. I always "joke" with my new hires that I'm going to take their love of boating and suck it right out through their eyeballs in under two years.

Happy Friday, guys. Good news yesterday. My agent called Disney to check on something for my November reservation and the CM offered her a Manager's Special. We had to move from Beach Club to Yacht Club, but same property, same view, and the price went down $800. I'll take it! The kids are only 2 & 4, so I doubt they'll notice the difference.

Gotta love that!

Hey CJ - at least they beat my sucky a** Browns!

Anyone watch the Bears play yet this year >:(

All of them fighting for the number 1 pick. Spent a ton of money on the defensive line and they do nothing, they can't tackle, the offensive line plays matador all the time and Tannehill is a lower tier QB.

That is a deal. Some nice meals just got paid for.

Nice surprise you can just spoil yourselves on some other things.
All of them fighting for the number 1 pick. Spent a ton of money on the defensive line and they do nothing, they can't tackle, the offensive line plays matador all the time and Tannehill is a lower tier QB.
Makes one just shake their head in amazement at what the Patriots have done and how long they've been doing it. Are they that good of an organization or are some of these others just incompetent because they can be with every team making money out their ears, why would you have to be good?

Nice surprise you can just spoil yourselves on some other things.

Makes one just shake their head in amazement at what the Patriots have done and how long they've been doing it. Are they that good of an organization or are some of these others just incompetent because they can be with every team making money out their ears, why would you have to be good?

That's pretty much what I told my wife. "Don't worry, I'm sure we'll still spend it"

Hey hey hey...Easy on my Pats! The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that they, the Pats, were to carry Excalibur. THAT is why they are our king.

Where's the delete function? LOL!

Last edited:
Howdy Mike!
Good to hear from you sir.

A condo in Canaveral, you say?
Out of curiosity, is it a shared type of arrangement or do you own it outright.
I ask because I suspect you could make a decent profit renting it out to DisDads on occasion.
I'd certainly see a spot along the Space Coast as a good option

We do own the condo but we do not rent it out due to tax reasons. It is a 55+ community with 40 units, mostly occupied only during the cold months. We have a heated pool, which is nice. There are restrictions regarding renting and also letting relatives and friends use the condos but things are "workable" for the most part. We are about 1 1/2 hours from WDW due to traffic.
(I have to figure out how to quote messages again. Getting "old" is tough. LOL!)

Happy Bday, Norm!

Just woke up after my first midnight shift after vacation.

I prefer vacation.

Evening chaps, from merry old England.
Football tomorrow and maybe Zootopia outside, if the rain holds off.

Today is friday, it is my day to do what I want
Not the Cure?
I would like to get my tennis certification and teach for some extra income.
That would be cool.
It is a rainy, cold Friday here, but still a great day. I have a three day weekend.
Enjoy your birthday Norm, have a great weekend.
I thought about Tusker House but I don' know that I want a buffet.
The Tusker House breakfast really isn't all dat.
Heard from my young'en that someone hacked his debit card.
Well that sucks. Hopefully he didn't get taken for too much.
Anyone watch the Bears play yet this year >:(
Only on TV. No good. No good at all.

Hey hey hey...Easy on my Pats! The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that they, the Pats, were to carry Excalibur. THAT is why they are our king.
I was trying to compliment them as they are just so far ahead of some of these other organizations like my Bears. I give them credit as they seem to get it so much more than most teams.

Hello gentlemen and Norm, looking forward to the end of this shift, a beautiful weekend off with the rest of the family at a Girl Guides camping trip. And no honey-do list to boot!

Happy Birthday Norm! I'll restock the Bourbon section tonight in your honour.

Looked good on paper but I think this needs some work.

see-you-next-fall-20-gifs-23.gif

Is this the new Canadian team?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter