DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Happy Monday guys. Still feeling the effects of the flu so I intend to crash all day. I am diving next week and it needs to go away long before then. Enjoyed the Saturday games even though the Gators didn't play well. At least they won which is something FSU can't say. The kid was out on the shark boat yesterday. They only caught two sharks but she got to draw blood from a juvenile nurse shark. Only took her two times to get the vein. Her nose is lobster red though.

Have a good rest day and feel better CJ.

Morning Gents. Happy Monday to you all and Happy Friday to me. Headed out to TN for a little family time with the in-laws. Anyone near Sevierville in case I need someone to bail me out?

So, a couple months ago, DW trimmed the hedges. She doesn't like the way I do it and I don't mind be lazy, so have at it! Only problem, she wacked the extension cord. No problem, I just put a new end on it. One problem....

And no, those aren't my nails.

Attachments

• IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0012.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Just trying to work through all that goes into month end close combined with budgets for 2017 which does allow for stretches of listening to music so have DCot going today. May this day pass by with speed for us all...........
In vacation news, Hurricane Matthew should start impacting the South East Coast next weekend, right where the resort is located.
Hope it stays west or speeds up and misses you.
Happy Monday guys. Still feeling the effects of the flu so I intend to crash all day. I am diving next week and it needs to go away long before then. Enjoyed the Saturday games even though the Gators didn't play well. At least they won which is something FSU can't say. The kid was out on the shark boat yesterday. They only caught two sharks but she got to draw blood from a juvenile nurse shark. Only took her two times to get the vein. Her nose is lobster red though..
Hope you feel better and recover in time for your dive

Morning gents.
Got to sleep in this morning... well, until SWMBO tripped over the vacuum that DD left in our room.

Funny thing was, when I went to bed last night, I remember thinking "I bet she'll trip over that."

Not sure if that's a win for the guess or a loss for being woken up.

Good morning all. Sitting in orthodontist office as oldest dd broke a wire & bracket.

Ah, yes. Been there. Will be again, I'm sure.

Disney seems to be spending a whole lot of time taking thing out of their parks these days.

You know, I really don't care if they take out the sharks.
They were so far away on the bottom that you couldn't even see them.
I remember being so disappointed with that swim. "No diving. No stopping. Go straight across. No fun."

Much prefer DiveQuest.

Sure they're not. ;)

Evening boys. Up at 4AM for work this morning to get to Manchester at 0830. I was on the 1st train on every line I got.
London is amazing in the really early hours.
I tried to prevent it from showing up – honestly – but it’s pretty much an irresistible force.
We appreciate the efforts, though.
Morning All,
I guess Fall is here; the leaves have begun to turn and people have started to cover up. Somewhat of a shame really.
The weather has definitely started to turn over here. I may even allow an hour of heating this week.
but she got to draw blood from a juvenile nurse shark
well that sounds cool. It sounds like she is having a blast.

What a whirlwind of a day. Been one step behind all day and finally able to sit and post.

Happy Monday guys. Still feeling the effects of the flu so I intend to crash all day. I am diving next week and it needs to go away long before then. Enjoyed the Saturday games even though the Gators didn't play well. At least they won which is something FSU can't say. The kid was out on the shark boat yesterday. They only caught two sharks but she got to draw blood from a juvenile nurse shark. Only took her two times to get the vein. Her nose is lobster red though.

I've never seen rash guards with anything but the company's logo on them so can't help there. Unlike Norm, I enjoy Typhoon Lagoon, less so since they are getting rid of the sharks.

Forecast right now is that it will pass a couple of hundred miles west of us, winds and rain but much better than it could have been. Lets hope it stays out there. Look at it this way, if you like body surfing, conditions will be ideal. Jamaica and Haiti are not so fortunate.

Hope you feel better. And I guess you still need to remind the young en to wear sun screen.

I liked Typhoon Lagoon, just not enough to pay for it when I got something just as good so close. I'm hoping the hurricane stays away. I really don't want to drive thru a hurricane.

So, a couple months ago, DW trimmed the hedges. She doesn't like the way I do it and I don't mind be lazy, so have at it! Only problem, she wacked the extension cord. No problem, I just put a new end on it. One problem....

:lmao::rotfl::lmao:

No problem there. Just hang it up and tell people that it's a jumper cable in case the garage ever breaks down. :tongue:

I liked Typhoon Lagoon, just not enough to pay for it when I got something just as good so close.

Hard to believe Miami doesn't have a waterpark anywhere near here. I can see why you don't want to pay Disney prices when you have a place near you.

I'm hoping the hurricane stays away. I really don't want to drive thru a hurricane.

The forecast for Mathew changed a bit and the projected path is west of what the earlier forecasts predicted. S. Florida is on the edge of the "cone of uncertainty" but it is still expected to pass east of us by Thursday. They expect tropical storm winds and rain. It continues to bend west a bit in the Vero area Thursday to early Friday. Landfall is unlikely for Florida but as of now, it will be closer than expected. They will have a better idea later, Tuesday/Wednesday morning. I decided to take minor precautions by getting some water and making sure the car has a full tank.

U S A! U S A! US wins the Ryder Cup, take that Canadians. Oh wait, I meant Europe. Watched a little bit of it today. The Sergio/Michelson match was interesting. Fitting they ended up halving the round. I enjoy the Ryder Cup where heckling is encouraged and golf claps are not allowed.

The Ryder Cup is always great theater. So much fun to watch.

Welcome to Monday.
I tried to prevent it from showing up – honestly – but it’s pretty much an irresistible force.

Well, we appreciate your efforts.

Of course we don’t see much BBC programing unless it’s reruns of older series on PBS or the stuff on BBC-America (and that channel spends more time showing what they think “Americans” would like rather than something that’s particularly good).

Except Sherlock. Sherlock is awesome.

They were so far away on the bottom that you couldn't even see them.
I remember being so disappointed with that swim. "No diving. No stopping. Go straight across. No fun."

And that water is freezing! And I abandoned my daughter there with the sharks. Bad memories.

'Morning all...
Same stufff, different day.
How long till my next vacation, again?

No problem, I just put a new end on it. One problem....

:laughing: Ooops...
I do believe there's a distinct lack of hens in the chicken coop, there.

Won't really miss that particular offering either.
It was more an observation of the noticeable amount of things that they seem to be cutting back on through out the property.

Hard to believe Miami doesn't have a waterpark anywhere near here.
That is surprising.
Sounds like a business opportunity
(for someone with far, far more investment cash on hand than I, of course)

The forecast for Mathew changed a bit and the projected path is west of what the earlier forecasts predicted. S. Florida is on the edge of the "cone of uncertainty" but it is still expected to pass east of us by Thursday. They expect tropical storm winds and rain. It continues to bend west a bit in the Vero area Thursday to early Friday. Landfall is unlikely for Florida but as of now, it will be closer than expected. They will have a better idea later, Tuesday/Wednesday morning. I decided to take minor precautions by getting some water and making sure the car has a full tank.
Prayers for the folks in Haiti, and may that monster stay off to the east.
You should be good, but nothings guaranteed so your precautions are wise.
It could shift and make landfall anywhere from Jax to Hatteras, but I'm choosing to not think it likely.

Except Sherlock. Sherlock is awesome.
No argument here.
I'm lookin' forward to the next round of that one.

Hope you all have a great Tuesday.
Working on it...
We'll see how it goes.

Stay safe CJ!

Oh and Happy Birthday!!! :bday::bday:

The Ryder Cup is always great theater. So much fun to watch.
I watched 0% of that this weekend. I came home from sitting at the softball fields all day Sunday to find that my TV was taken over by my FIL and NASCAR was on. :sad2:

Morning Gents.

Hope you all have a great Tuesday.
THX you too

'Morning all...
Same stufff, different day.
How long till my next vacation, again?
Didn't you just get back? :rolleyes1

Happy Birthday Cj!

200.gif

Tiger Beach is in the Bahamas. When they normally go trolling for sharks, they are within view of the Miami coastline, so yes, they are out there. I am sure they go all over the world though.

I couldn't find the whole show but here is a 2 min. clip of the program. It is at the point where they are taking sonograms of female Tiger sharks. Kind of cool. The little whiny guy in the red shirt is Neil, the head of the program and the guy that chose the Pirate Princess for her internship.
Ok. Gotcha. It's been a while now. I didn't remember all the details. I remembered seeing some show about Tiger Sharks around Australia, but I guess that was a different one.

Andy, even though the Gators lost, your guy Appleby had a pretty good game. 290 yards passing 3 TDs and 1 (costly) interception. The big problem was the offensive line.
We would have loved to have had him Saturday. Only we still have the same coach and same O line so he'd still be screwed. Too bad he couldn't get much going against Vandy.

This is a cake for my cousin-in-law, who shares the same birthday. The funny part is that he has money (a lot of it) and can afford any beer in the world to be flown in by helicopter to the house (yeah, that loaded). Yet, he still drinks PBR. So, someone did this cake for him.
I know a guy like that. Has the money to drink anything he wants, but it is always PBR. Hope you had a happy birthday!

Um... so if she is now unable to trim them does that mean that the job falls back on you now?

Been watching it. Our arrival date is Sunday, so I'm hoping to do something by then. I don't know how dvc would handle something like that - you must drive thru the hurricane and check in or you lose your points - and don't really want to find out.

I watched 0% of that this weekend. I came home from sitting at the softball fields all day Sunday to find that my TV was taken over by my FIL and NASCAR was on. :sad2:

What's wrong watching a bunch of people drinking beer watching people race cars? :lmao:

I too didn't watch golf, but sadly it gets network status over soccer. :furious:

I know a guy like that. Has the money to drink anything he wants, but it is always PBR. Hope you had a happy birthday!
?

I did. Thanks.

Oh and Happy Birthday!!! :bday::bday:

Happy Birthday Cj!

200.gif

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Spent the morning at the dentist and the Novocain is wearing off. Now waiting for 5:00 for the home bar to open. Hey, it is past 5 in London right? Not going to be able to eat anything good tonight so I may do something this weekend instead.

We would have loved to have had him Saturday. Only we still have the same coach and same O line so he'd still be screwed. Too bad he couldn't get much going against Vandy.

He missed a couple of open guys which drives Mac insane. The offensive line is worse than expected so he didn't have much time. We will see who starts against LSU this weekend.

Been watching it. Our arrival date is Sunday, so I'm hoping to do something by then. I don't know how dvc would handle something like that - you must drive thru the hurricane and check in or you lose your points - and don't really want to find out.

Don't know but it can't hurt to ask. We just went under a Tropical Storm Watch, Vero is under a Hurricane Watch. Imagine they are battening down the hatches right now. It would be interesting to be there and it wouldn't surprise me if they put everyone on busses to Orlando. Told a friend once if I was ordered to evacuate (highly unlikely), I would head to Disney. They know how to ride out a hurricane.

When it passes here it is expected to be a Cat. 3. While I was headed to go under the drill, the kid went and got some water, charcoal and dog food. Thinking of closing the shutters just because. it doesn't take long and hey, that is what they are there for. Much more worried about further North including Jacksonville up to the Carolinas.

Afternoon gents. Sitting here watching the updates on Matthew just like everyone else on the right coast. Supposed to fly out of RI on Monday morning for a "Bored" Meeting in Jacksonville. I'm starting to think that's not going to happen unless this thing takes a hard right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter