DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Hoping Mathew takes a hard right and prayers to those in it's path including those that live / work on Castaway Cay.

Norm - I could be wrong, but without vacation insurance (DVC sells) you could have some headaches. I would call to find out the scoop. Regardless, stay safe.

Happy Birthday CJ, baton down the hatches and stay safe.

Bless you my good man. THE BAR IS OPEN!
I'll join ya in about 3 hours - cheers

Just and observation, Bourbon is a good pain killer. Second observation, the dentist office is decorated for Halloween. Next to the free samples of toothbrushes and toothpaste, there was a dish of candy? Are they sending me a mixed message or just drumming up business?

Just and observation, Bourbon is a good pain killer. Second observation, the dentist office is decorated for Halloween. Next to the free samples of toothbrushes and toothpaste, there was a dish of candy? Are they sending me a mixed message or just drumming up business?
Drumming up business as well as distributing supplies to help weather the storm.

Happy belated birthday CJ. Hope you make it through the storm unscathed.

Hard to believe Miami doesn't have a waterpark anywhere near here.
I had family members that used to work at Six Flags Atlantis. It was Hollywood,FL not Miami but still relatively close.

And that water is freezing! And I abandoned my daughter there with the sharks. Bad memories.
Its okay the water was cold so there was shark shrinkage so there was nothing to worry about.

e8127868b7de0b43a0b3806ab4dcc440.jpg

Norm, this might help you if you want to cancel. From the Dis and is "official" policy:

If there is a hurricane warning in either Orlando or a guests’ hometown within seven days of check-in, Disney and Universal will not charge the fees normally associated with rescheduling or canceling a vacation. There is a similar policy in place at Disney’s Vero Beach and Hilton Head resort locations.

Vero is currently under a hurricane warning.

Are they sending me a mixed message or just drumming up business?
Door No.2. I always think its a bit like peanuts/roast potatoes on a bar.
My eldest got a clean bill of health from the dentist (yes, British people do go....) and a lollipop. I'm sure the dentist is laying the groundwork for future billing.

Morning gents.
Did I get lucky? Or unlucky.
Set my alarm for 5am for work this morning. Alarm didn't go off. Woke up at 5:45 and got into work on time with a little rushing.
So.... not late for work.... but at work.

My eldest got a clean bill of health from the dentist (yes, British people do go....)

:laughing:

and a lollipop

um.....

I'm sure the dentist is laying the groundwork for future billing.

There it is!

Been watching it. Our arrival date is Sunday, so I'm hoping to do something by then. I don't know how dvc would handle something like that - you must drive thru the hurricane and check in or you lose your points - and don't really want to find out.

Good luck, Norm. Hopefully the storm will continue to track to the east and leave you alone!

Bless you my good man. THE BAR IS OPEN!

Stay safe down there, CJ!

Its okay the water was cold so there was shark shrinkage so there was nothing to worry about.

Those sharks were awfully tiny.

So that's what happened to your other daughter.

It certainly wasn't my finest hour.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/op...piracy-complete.2967974/page-54#post-46414743

My eldest got a clean bill of health from the dentist (yes, British people do go....)

:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:

Did I get lucky? Or unlucky.
Set my alarm for 5am for work this morning. Alarm didn't go off. Woke up at 5:45 and got into work on time with a little rushing.
So.... not late for work.... but at work.

Well, after all that you ended up at work. So I'm going with unlucky.

Door No.2. I always think its a bit like peanuts/roast potatoes on a bar.
My eldest got a clean bill of health from the dentist (yes, British people do go....) and a lollipop. I'm sure the dentist is laying the groundwork for future billing.

ykei4.jpg

Norm, this might help you if you want to cancel. From the Dis and is "official" policy:

If there is a hurricane warning in either Orlando or a guests’ hometown within seven days of check-in, Disney and Universal will not charge the fees normally associated with rescheduling or canceling a vacation. There is a similar policy in place at Disney’s Vero Beach and Hilton Head resort locations.

Vero is currently under a hurricane warning.

Thanks CJ.

Mike, there is no cancellation charge with dvc. If outside 31 days, points return to UY. If within 30 days, then they become "holding points" and you can't book until 2 months out before check in date (or bank/borrow/transfer). If cancel within 1 day, then I think you lose points.

But, Vero Beach Resort is now closed, along with Hilton Head and Ft. Wilderness. We cancelled the trip. DVC said there is no charge and the points would be returned to regular status within a 24-72 hours. They are currently in holding status on website. Hopefully, that will change or I'll call back to argue with them. I can't imagine Disney would try to tow a hard line on this one when the actual resort is closed.

If they stay in holding, then I'll just stay wherever available this summer. Usually, SSR has openings. And, since it is summer, the dds are out of school and schedule is flexible.

It sounds like a big storm. Prayers for CJ, Oscar, John, Chad, Jeff, Trevor, Adam, the other Florida disdads I missed, and all those impacted by this storm.

Last edited:
Thanks again for the birthday wishes. Sorry Randall, couldn't eat any of the cake yesterday. I was on a liquid diet.

I had family members that used to work at Six Flags Atlantis. It was Hollywood,FL not Miami but still relatively close.

I think it closed in the early 90's. It was supposed to be kind of cool but I never went there.

But, Vero Beach Resort is now closed, along with Hilton Head and Ft. Wilderness.

Glad you were able to cancel and I am sure the points will be taken out of holding and put into your account.

We are mostly prepared. Left a couple of the shutters open to let in some ambient light and will close them tomorrow. Some stuff still in the yard that the kid will put away when she gets home. As of now, we will be getting tropical storm winds (49-74 MPH) Broward and the rest of the coast will be getting hurricane force winds. Our lot has a ton of trees on it and if they stay up, we should make it through OK. Probably will lose power at some point. Been through more than a few of these. School is cancelled for Thursday and Friday and the Pirate Princess's campus is closed. She will be weathering the storm with friends near the campus so she can "study" with them while school is closed. Imagine they will have a hurricane party.

I feel for the people north of us that will get hit a lot worse.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - I feel a bit better, one of those days. To those in the path of Mathew stay safe and hoping this thing turns east out to sea.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Well played gents!

Thanks CJ.

Mike, there is no cancellation charge with dvc. If outside 31 days, points return to UY. If within 30 days, then they become "holding points" and you can't book until 2 months out before check in date (or bank/borrow/transfer). If cancel within 1 day, then I think you lose points.

But, Vero Beach Resort is now closed, along with Hilton Head and Ft. Wilderness. We cancelled the trip. DVC said there is no charge and the points would be returned to regular status within a 24-72 hours. They are currently in holding status on website. Hopefully, that will change or I'll call back to argue with them. I can't imagine Disney would try to tow a hard line on this one when the actual resort is closed.

If they stay in holding, then I'll just stay wherever available this summer. Usually, SSR has openings. And, since it is summer, the dds are out of school and schedule is flexible.

It sounds like a big storm. Prayers for CJ, Oscar, John, Chad, Jeff, Trevor, Adam, the other Florida disdads I missed, and all those impacted by this storm.
Gotcha and glad you wewre able to cancel without any loss on your end other than not being able to go - sorry about that part.
We are mostly prepared. Left a couple of the shutters open to let in some ambient light and will close them tomorrow. Some stuff still in the yard that the kid will put away when she gets home. As of now, we will be getting tropical storm winds (49-74 MPH) Broward and the rest of the coast will be getting hurricane force winds. Our lot has a ton of trees on it and if they stay up, we should make it through OK. Probably will lose power at some point. Been through more than a few of these. School is cancelled for Thursday and Friday and the Pirate Princess's campus is closed. She will be weathering the storm with friends near the campus so she can "study" with them while school is closed. Imagine they will have a hurricane party.

I feel for the people north of us that will get hit a lot worse.
Stay safe amigo!

Glad you were able to cancel and I am sure the points will be taken out of holding and put into your account.

She will be weathering the storm with friends near the campus so she can "study" with them while school is closed. Imagine they will have a hurricane party.

Thanks. Hurricane parties sound fun, minus the hurricane.

Gotcha and glad you wewre able to cancel without any loss on your end other than not being able to go - sorry about that part.
!

Thanks, and yes, it does suck not to go. But, being on the ocean before, during, or after a hurricane doesn't sound enjoyable.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter