DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

'Morning all...
All's quiet down here on the southeastern front.
You folks on the Texas coast stay safe. Cat-3 storms are not to be taken lightly.

Booked up Asheville, Charleston and Savannah hotels, and we are looking at a rest up in Jekyll island before heading on down to the Poly for 3 days.
Quite the junket you've got planed there, and March-April is a good time to be doing it.
You may need warmer clothes in Asheville, but the rest of the trip should be a good bit milder.

I'm certain I can offer up some decent suggestions on nearly all of the spots and the in-betweens as well.
Have y'all decided what types of experiences in particular you're looking for along the way, or is it more like all posibilities are up for discussion?

Done work. Off to the west coast for a week. Play nice while I'm gone.
I take it were not talking about the west coast of Florida here...

Play nice?
Us?

Happy Friday everybody. I'm working from my local mechanics office this morning as I've got a bunch lights on on my dashboard. Hopefully it's just a bad wheel sensor and not something more difficult to fix. DW keeps bugging me to get a new car, but I hate spending money of something that just depreciates.

I hope those of you in the path of the storm stay safe and dry.

Morning Guys.

Back in the office after our quick four day vacation (pics if you are interested https://goo.gl/photos/wa3xBS9RvC2Hvpxv6) . Arrived home last night in time to play soccer (1-1 draw) but man I am stiff this morning. I guess I should have had more beer after the game. Headed to my hometown tomorrow for my mother's 70th birthday party. I am getting ready for all the "well you must remember him/her" comments.

So anything exciting happen this week?

Just saying, rocks, window shields and rental cars don't get along together. Long story but a rock falling off some truck hit the glass and made a nice little crack in it. Have the insurance company working on it now. Currently in Palm Bay in a hotel. Not much around here but they do have a pool. Now if it stops raining. Will be home tomorrow.

That sucks. Hope you make it home without further incident!

Got your message. Great finally meeting the clan and enjoyed our couple of hours together. As I mentioned in a previous post, disappointed Scotty wasn't into the plan to steal some chicken from that table near us. Let me know if Julie needs some underwater pics for school. Hope it is going well for her teaching the little munchkins.

Yeah, I need to work on Scotty's ninja skills. That chicken smelled really good.

I'll stay on Julie about underwater pics. Not sure when she gets to Florida in the curriculum.

I'm presuming from this, there's a back story and/or private joke.

CJ doesn't like bridges. He lived in New York before Florida.

His daughter went to school in NJ for a few years, and he would have to drive over the Delaware Memorial Bridge to get there. He liked to give me crap about it every time. Never seen such hate for a structure that has never failed to do its job.

That explains why he doesn't go to the lower keys much...long bridges. Not high, but very long.

Actually, he loves the keys! I think it's the higher bridges he hates.

Evening folks. Done work. Off to the west coast for a week. Play nice while I'm gone.

Have a great time! Hope they get some rain for those forest fires.

Happy Friday everybody. I'm working from my local mechanics office this morning as I've got a bunch lights on on my dashboard. Hopefully it's just a bad wheel sensor and not something more difficult to fix. DW keeps bugging me to get a new car, but I hate spending money of something that just depreciates.

Did you try banging on the dashboard? Sometimes that will make those lights go away.

Stay safe, all you Texans!

Quite the junket you've got planed there, and March-April is a good time to be doing it.
You may need warmer clothes in Asheville, but the rest of the trip should be a good bit milder.

I'm certain I can offer up some decent suggestions on nearly all of the spots and the in-betweens as well.
Have y'all decided what types of experiences in particular you're looking for along the way, or is it more like all posibilities are up for discussion?

That would be lovely, cheers Rob. I think we are looking for things that the kids would dig. We are staying at the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, so we were going to check out the Smoky Mountains and around there, then 3 days in Charleston in the Vendue (we think its Easter weekend, and I believe they do a cool easter egg hunt in Charleston on the Sunday), 3 Days in Savannah in Marshall House (we took your suggestion about staying on the river) and a week in Jekyll Island Club to do a little bit of rnr and hit some beaches around there and the Northern tip of FLA. Then off to the Poly for 3 nights. Any suggestions gratefully received mate.

I'm working from my local mechanics office this morning as I've got a bunch lights on on my dashboard.
As Mark said, just keep hitting them until they go off. Job done.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Dan, hurry up and call this one will ya? Nothing significant this weekend other than things to do around the house and FF draft tomorrow night. Haven't done a league in a couple of years but SIL is in this one and it's low key so figured I'd get back in one. To all in Texas and anywhere else this hurricane decides to go stay safe.
Evening folks. Done work. Off to the west coast for a week. Play nice while I'm gone.
Safe travels and what is this play nice you speak of?
I don't know yet mate, but I'm guessing it would be similar to this year, last week July/1st week August.
OK, we'll likely just miss you again as we will be there July 8-14.
'Morning all...
All's quiet down here on the southeastern front.
You folks on the Texas coast stay safe. Cat-3 storms are not to be taken lightly.
Second that, and this one looks like it's gonna hang around and might bounce around the coast :sad2:
Morning Guys.

Back in the office after our quick four day vacation (pics if you are interested https://goo.gl/photos/wa3xBS9RvC2Hvpxv6) . Arrived home last night in time to play soccer (1-1 draw) but man I am stiff this morning. I guess I should have had more beer after the game. Headed to my hometown tomorrow for my mother's 70th birthday party. I am getting ready for all the "well you must remember him/her" comments.

Enjoy the weekend with your mom and not much around here this week.
$20 says he hurts his foot buts gets thru it. 7-5 odds he complains here tomorrow about it. :rotfl2:
I'm not taking any odds on Norm complaining about his aches and pains :rotfl:

Top O the Mornin Dads! Dan, hurry up and call this one will ya?
Okay boys. That's it. I'm calling it. Everyone out. Work week over. Everyone in Jock Lindseys for Long Island Iced Teas. Last one in has to take Cruella home. And let me tell ya, she jus' loves a doggy.

We need to start keeping a list. I can't keep track of whose reputation we have trashed and who is left available.

Okay boys. That's it. I'm calling it. Everyone out. Work week over. Everyone in Jock Lindseys for Long Island Iced Teas. Last one in has to take Cruella home. And let me tell ya, she jus' loves a doggy.

We need to start keeping a list. I can't keep track of whose reputation we have trashed and who is left available.
We might be in need of a "Let me tell ya" section on page one.
May have to run that one by the Chief Bacon Officer.

Thanks for making the call - need to get out of here and now have the approval. Yeah, I think we did the Cruella one and I can't remember which places we have gone for a drink. May need two lists.

I take it were not talking about the west coast of Florida here...

Just a wee bit further north... and west...

Play nice?
Us?

I retract the comment.

Morning Guys.

Nice pictures! Much enjoyed looking.

Happy Friday. Pizza and beer tonight, and leftover donuts DW took to work for a staff meeting. It is a really good evening.

You betcha. It looks like we are going to roll points for a few years, unless we do a Summer then Xmas double, when we'll catch up. Banked this years points, that'll take care of most of the 3 days in April and then the week in July, and then I'll bank the 2018 points from the balance. On the dates, we head over to Atlanta on the 3rd week of March and looking to head back out of MCO in mid April. There's a Lapu Lapu with your name on it. You coming?

We'll be there in June next year. So, pass that Lapu Lapu onto the next disdad.

I'm telling yas, ain't happening. We will either end up visiting DD & SIL in DC (more on that later when I have more time) or they will be coming home to see family here so no trip. For those that have not had their daughter's wedding event yet, believe me WDW trips leading up to and/or after the wedding event will be very limited.

Good luck with the tennis and I'll say 4-1 that you are walking?

I believe you. DW wedding's event? Yeah, my FIL paid absolutely nothing for my wife and i to get married. You know, the same FIL that gave his son a $125K house. I won't be that big of a jerk, and will negotiate a budget. It will be DW that I need to reign in.

Thanks for the odds.

$20 says he hurts his foot buts gets thru it. 7-5 odds he complains here tomorrow about it. :rotfl2:

Complains about it? Fine. Up your bucket jobu.

I hope those of you in the path of the storm stay safe and dry.

That stinks. Hope the repairs are quick and as inexpensive as possible.

Morning Guys.

More beer is a great solution to most everything. :drinking1

Did you try banging on the dashboard? Sometimes that will make those lights go away.

Stay safe, all you Texans!

Or, use duct tape on the dashboard to cover those warning lights. :lmao:

I'm not taking any odds on Norm complaining about his aches and pains :rotfl:

You too jobu?

Cruella loves a doggy?
:lmao::rotfl::lmao:

I guess I'm last one out, so I'll happily or drunkenly take that home.

Got back a couple of hours ago. Rain and traffic made it take a while longer.

As to the bridge question... I do not care for bridges. Some would call it an unreasonable fear or even a phobia. How wrong they are. Bridges fall down. Don't believe me, Google it. Or you can ask Mark about pieces falling off them. There are a number that are on my "Damn, can I take a ferry instead," list. To mention a few, the one in Jacksonville, two approaching and in Delaware, and of course the Golden Gate. There are others including the one in Charleston but you get the idea.

I do go to the lower Keys because well, it's the Keys. Back when I was a kid, they were in especially bad shape and some even had wood planks for the roadway. Henry Flagler's Overseas Highway has an interesting history but I won't go much into it here. In 1935 a hurricane destroyed the railroad but left intact the support structures. The state took it over and converted it into a very narrow 2 lane road. The 7 mile bridge was so narrow that side mirrors would sometimes clip each other as you passed them. Needless to day, crossed it many times. Why? Because it is the Keys. Plus if it did fall down it isn't very high so I think I would have a fighting chance to get out of the car.

I've got a bunch lights on on my dashboard.
I just had a light come on telling me to tighten the gas cap even though it was tight. Called the dealer and they said wait until it goes away. I took their advice and it worked. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Last one in has to take Cruella home. And let me tell ya, she jus' loves a doggy.
Just be careful. She likes 101 doggies. I'm not sure any of us are up to that.

to the bridge question... I do not care for bridges. Some would call it an unreasonable fear or even a phobia. How wrong they are. Bridges fall down. Don't believe me, Google it.
Tacoma narrows bridge. If you really don't like bridges you may not want to look.

Morning centurions. Long weekend here. Off to see Aladdin Musical as a surprise for the kids today and then my favourite BBQ restaurant in London. Have a great Saturday all.

Some would call it an unreasonable fear or even a phobia
I can't walk across glass floors in Shopping malls mate. We all have our phobias.
More beer is a great solution to most everything. :drinking1
Man Law.
OK, we'll likely just miss you again as we will be there July 8-14.
That's a shame Mike, it would have been good to have a cheeky bourbon. Our schools don't break up till the third week in July.
Pizza and beer tonight, and leftover donuts DW took to work for a staff meeting. It is a really good evening.
Nice one mate. We had homemade Chick Pea Veg Curry and a Lamb Curry with our next door neighbours at theirs (she's Indian, so the currys are fabulous) and me and her husband cracked open a fridge keg. Really nice chilled out evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter