DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Welcome. Dues are payable in dole whips, bacon, beer, or cake. You mail the 820+ of them to me, and then i mail to all the guys. Trust me, this always works. I think you may be our first Australian Disdad. We did have Kasey in South Korea, but he is back here. That's 3 continents represented.
I think since he's from Australia, the dues should be sent to me and it should be Tim Tams.

Edit: Woo hoo! I have top of page honors for 698. Definitely not a new thread smell. Although I love the smell of bacon in the morning (or noon or afternoon or evening or well just anytime)

Last edited:
You keep thinking, Butch, that's what you're good at! :lmao:
Me thinks that might be another movie quote. But if it is sundance, I don't know the movie well enough for the appropriate response.
I will say my ideas are fantastic. If you don't believe me, just ask me.

On a totally different note, I would like to mention why I say web search vs. google for all you dads to consider.

Well, I guess two reasons:
Google is the 200 lb Gorilla and they collect sooo much information about you every time you use them. I have nothing to hide, but really dislike how much they collect without folks knowing.

Now the real reason. I use goodsearch.com. Every search donates a penny to a charity of your choosing. For me, I'm able to support a ministry we already support through our church. You can decide which charity youprefer and then every web search you do will give them a penny. I realize a penny isn't much, but I do a ton of searches and already this year, just myself have earned over $40 for them. When more people use it, it adds up faster. *** I will state for the record I do not have any affiliation with goodsearch other than a user ***

Wow... this place it up to 697 pages and nearly 3 years old. I vaguely remember that new thread smell. :lmao:
One of the things that got lost when the Dis updated their web site.

Good to hear form you sir.
Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

I think since he's from Australia, the dues should be sent to me and it should be Tim Tams.
They carry those at our local grocery.
It'd be less in shipping charges to wire me the money and I'll pick them up here.

Your correct though; Tim Tams are right tasty.

:laughing:
Good quote. Haven't seen that one in a long while.
Just mind that first step.

Top O the Mornin Dads! GO CUBS! That is all
Some sad news. A guy from my home town died in Gulf Shores Alabama the other day on Fall Break vacation trying to save an 11 year old kid (not his) from drowning in a riptide. I coached with him in rec soccer a few years back, and his children are in same grades as mine.

While we weren't close friends, he was a great guy and a good dad whenever I saw him.
Very sad, sorry to hear
'Morning all...
It's a sticky mid July morning here. 100% humidity and a temp of 75(24c) before sun up.
Problem is: It's mid October so I shouldn't be dealing with that kind of Beverly still.
You just about need an aqualung to keep from drowning once you walk out the door.
When I was a young'en, October meant Friday night ball games where you needed a jacket and hot coffee.
Those days are long gone.
Same here, about sucked the air out of my chest this morning. This time of year should at a minimum be sweatshirt weather.
Morning all from an overcast, yellow flag day. Ocean looks mighty calm. Watched a team of dolphins swim across the ocean this morning with someone chasing them on a paddle board.
Enjoy the down time and don't forget to shout out on your drive back home
Wow... this place it up to 697 pages and nearly 3 years old. I vaguely remember that new thread smell. :lmao:
Nice to hear from you, trust all is going well.
Think ya used enough dynamite there, Butch?

They carry those at our local grocery.
It'd be less in shipping charges to wire me the money and I'll pick them up here.

Shush, would you? I'm trying to get him to send 840 of them to me. We have 'em in our Publix here also, but HE doesn't need to KNOW that!

Afternoon all. Follow up at the Doctor's this morning and was able to get out of there in about 2 hours. Better but still sucks. Mostly good news and no real bad news but I need to do more tests on a couple of things.

My check in on the weather is that it is hotter than yesterday, with the breeze and intermittent showers that are going to get worse as the weekend approaches. Just what we need, more rain.

I live about an hour from Sydney but lived in Sydney my whole life before moving recently. No trips planned for the near future, waiting until the kids are a bit older before we do a big trip to WDW.

My daughter's friend is in Brisbane. Both her and her friend are active divers and my kid has diving in Australia on her buck list. I can see why you are waiting until yours are a little older considering travel time. Special congregations on the soon to be addition.

WTH?! Just to tick off Cubs fans as I do not know of a team outside of FLA you follow?

I hope you're not serious and if you are, you spelled it wrong --- Knats --- and they can go away from Wrigley without a game 5!!!!

Edit: Rained out, so they can go home tomorrow.

I need a team to root for in the playoffs. A good friend lived in DC and moved his loyalty from the Marlins to the Nats. We give each other guff during the season but when the Fins are out and they are in I become a fan. Not something I'm going to the mattresses over but gives me a reason to watch. if you get a chance, try to catch a game at their ballpark. Nice. Has the retro look to it like the Orioles did when they built theirs.

Some sad news. A guy from my home town died in Gulf Shores Alabama the other day on Fall Break vacation trying to save an 11 year old kid (not his) from drowning in a riptide. I coached with him in rec soccer a few years back, and his children are in same grades as mine.

Terribly sad news. You never know.

Morning all from an overcast, yellow flag day. Ocean looks mighty calm. Watched a team of dolphins swim across the ocean this morning with someone chasing them on a paddle board. Don't worry - the dolphins were safe - maybe it was Jay Cutler chasing them. :lmao:

Cool to see dolphins in the wild. And it could not have been Cutler chasing them, he would have fallen off.

Top O the Mornin Dads! GO CUBS! That is all

Go Nats!

Last edited:
Mostly good news and no real bad news but I need to do more tests on a couple of things.
Sounds positive, sending good vibes for the rest of it.
Not something I'm going to the mattresses over
That's such a great phrase. I used to use it all the time. Made me chuckle.
Me thinks that might be another movie quote. But if it is sundance, I don't know the movie well enough for the appropriate response.
Before my time. Which is weird because I was all over the Godfather, which is about 4 years later. And a shizzle pile of other old movies, I think this one just past me by.

Sittin here on my jacks watching the Cubbies. Have a good evening chaps.

Friends came by. I drank so many mojitos and lunch, and chased it with beer the rest of the afternoon at thr beach.

I will say my ideas are fantastic. If you don't believe me, just ask me.

You got it. Let's go to Bolivia. I like being able to insert a movie quote into conversation.

Good quote. Haven't seen that one in a long while.
Just mind that first step.

Never had a Tim Tam. What's it like? Would E.H. Harriman serve it on the train?

Enjoy the down time and don't forget to shout out on your drive back home

Think ya used enough dynamite there, Butch?

Will do. I forget about that dynamite quote. That's a good one.

Cool to see dolphins in the wild. And it could not have been Cutler chasing them, he would have fallen of

!

True. Those FB memes with him smoking a cigarette at press conference podium are funny.

Guns or knives?

Neither. I don't want to shoot with you Harvey.

There are no rules in a knife fight!!!

If it's over, and I'm dead, kill him.

Better to ask your questions here though; most civil place on the Dis.
Some of the other forums out there can get quite... ummmm...
shall we say - harsh.

Oh really? Everyone seems so lovely but maybe I just haven’t spent enough time on here yet. What sorts of things have you come across?

If i can give you some unsolicited advice, don't wait until they are too old. The first trip we made with my dds was when they were 3 & 15 months. My youngest was scared of all the CMs wearing a mask. My three year old was speechless she was so excited. The following year, it was the same for both. It's fun to experience Disney thru the eyes of your children when it's Christmas morning each day and all the magic is real.

That’s great advice mate, thanks. It’s more about money for us so it just depends on how early we can afford it.

Special congregations on the soon to be addition.

Thanks mate I appreciate that!

'Morning all...
Sense it's Throw-Back-Thursday, I'd like to throw back this entire week and just move on the the weekend.
My overlords see this just a mite differently, however.

Friends came by. I drank so many mojitos and lunch, and chased it with beer the rest of the afternoon at thr beach.
I do believe that you are doing this whole fall-break/vacation thing correctly, sir

Never had a Tim Tam. What's it like? Would E.H. Harriman serve it on the train?
Well, Harriman kept them locked up in the mail car so you know what became of that.

They're a bit hard to explain precisely; somewhere between an Oreo, a Deluxe Graham, and maybe an ice-cream sandwich; couple different fillings as well.
https://www.bonappetit.com/story/tim-tam-australian-cookie

Oh really? Everyone seems so lovely but maybe I just haven’t spent enough time on here yet. What sorts of things have you come across?
Some forums are more notorious than others and of course not ever member or thread is the same.
Generally, trip-reports and most of the specific resort forums (and here of course) are good places to be.

The most sited example of a good place to get into a fight is probable the "Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies" forum. Lots of opinions on how to and how not to deal with the parks, rules, etiquette, and even morality and what constitutes a good or bad human (I've often heard a description of some of the regulars patrolling that one as being TPAS-Holes). That kind of trolling can happen anywhere and of course it's not true of every single thread in every forum, but you'd be surprised at what sets folks off and just how sharp they can be with those who disagree with their obviously flawless point of view. By all means, explore the boards and join in on the conversations, but just know that at times it can be best to just walk away. Folks here, however, are pretty civil (even on complex topics) and quite knowledgeable on all things Disney. What ever it is, just ask away and we'll likely know where to get you the answers you need.

Good morning all. Another beautiful day here at the beach. No hangover, as I must have sweat out all the alcohol.

That’s great advice mate, thanks. It’s more about money for us so it just depends on how early we can afford it

!

True. We were able to make the 12 hour drive which saved a lot of money. I enjoy tennis and am a decent enough player when considering age, injury, and weight. I would love to see the Australian Open in person, but like you said, money.

We are considering flying to WDW this year as I'm getting to old for those long drives.

'Morning all...
Sense it's Throw-Back-Thursday, I'd like to throw back this entire week and just move on the the weekend.
My overlords see this just a mite differently, however.

I do believe that you are doing this whole fall-break/vacation thing correctly, sir

They're a bit hard to explain precisely; somewhere between an Oreo, a Deluxe Graham, and maybe an ice-cream sandwich; couple different fillings as well.
https://www.bonappetit.com/story/tim-tam-australian-cookie

Thanks for tim-tam talk. Now I'm hungry. As for Throwback Thursday, I'm ok if we just reset this week and I'll enjoy another week on the beach at no additional cost. Definitely not ok for fast forwarding thru the next two days. The vacation goes by too fast already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter