DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Top Omthe Mornin and Happy New Years Dads! Wishing everyone a great 2018 and May it be a safe and healthy one for all of us.

Right boys, I'm about to dive into entertaining mode. Happy New Year from the mother country, as there's only about 6 hours left, and I'm going to be drinking for almost all of them. It has been a pleasure chewing the fat with you guys over the last year, and long may it continue. When I've had some crappy days at work, this has been like a good bar with some friendly regulars to have a banter with.

All the best wishes and good fortune from London from the Lady K and Myself, G and the Curly haired Ninja to you and yours for 2018.
Well said and dead on, like the corner pub around here. Same wishes to you and your clan - cheers!
Wishing all here a joyful and festive last day of 2017
and may the new year ahead of us bring growth, learning, a decent helping of laughter and just maybe even a little bit of grace.

It may be a while yet before I'm dropping by more regular, but I hope to check in every once in a while.
Thought I'd post this up though...

This was the prize gift of the season in our house.
(not the lamp - the picture)...

View attachment 291256

Our son painted that up for us.
We'll be finding a good spot to hang that up and show it off.
Same wishes to you and again great painting by the young man.
Happy New Year guys. May 2028 bring you health and happiness.
Back at ya and enjoy the games today - GO IRISH!
Same to you sir and thanks for keeping the place up and running here for us.
Happy New Year Guys!

Still beverley cold and some how I agreed to do a New Year's Day run this morning, not sure what I was thinking but I don't think this is going to be fun. Good thing I have lots of scotch to help with the post run thaw.

You would be over there; Cj is down there.
Got negative wind chills here for a few days and can’t imagine running in weather like this - stay warm.
Happy New Year, gentlemen.
Wishing you all a healthy and happy 2018.
Same to you and wishing a bit less work for you in 2018.
Happy new year dads.
For those of you who got plastered last night, I'll try not to type too loud. :lmao:
Thanks for keeping it quiet here and Happy New Year to ya.

Happy Monday. A low key celebration last night, but made it safely home and stayed mostly sober. It was so cold my low tire pressure light came on in the car. I still can't convince DW to move to Florida.

Agree with you. Not a huge fan of the NFL but I do love college football even though they have their own problems. Like how Mark Richt wasn't thrown out last night for grabbing a ref.

Yeah, not sure how he didn't. Not a good example.

Happy New Year’s Eve. Quiet night here. DW and DD are planning on staying up. DS has gone to bed and I will shortly do the same. Hope all have a happy and healthy 2018. If anyone turns the big 50 this coming year, do your loved ones a favor and get your colon cancer screening done.

Sounds like a great party. Glad to hear from you, Shawn. Have a great 2018.

The Arsenal invincible team of 03-4 were incredible. Just beautiful to watch. Man U with Scholes Beckham Giggs around the same time were pretty tasty as well. Ronaldo I saw a lot, when he was at Man U and they visited West Ham. I still remember his penalty miss against us, I was at that end and he got absolutely caned. I think Cantona is the best player I've ever seen play live. It doesn't fit the script, but Leicester were a nasty team. Not taking away from them at all, it was an unbelievable achievement and will probably never be repeated, but they weren't a very pretty team to watch.
?

Agree. Leicester City wasn't a great team, but they had a great run.

Good games today. Now on to the playoff games. Enjoying just chilling at home but I want to be on my way to the Mouse's house.

Definitely good games so far today, hope playoff games are as good. Doing much lik CJ hanging out only I am on couch it’s a blanket today - way too cold here.

Rose Bowl is a good one, hope to see it to the end before heading into town to pick DS up at his girlfriend's.

Happy Tuesday. Time to return to the real world, although still too cold for that. I start the day with the girls at the orthodontist, so i get a few more hours off. Keep warm.

Definitely good games so far today, hope playoff games are as good. Doing much lik CJ hanging out only I am on couch it’s a blanket today - way too cold here.

Some great games. Don't like having to wait for National Championship game, but otherwise, there would only be one game on yesterday.

Morning compadres from a drizzly London. Lady K back to work today, so me and G built a Lightning McQueen race simulator out of a Jacobs Cracker Box. As you do. Kids back tomorrow to school

For those of you trundling back into work, we salute you.

Enjoying just chilling at home but I want to be on my way to the Mouse's house.
Tomorrow?
Some great games.
Yep, will catch up with them tomorrow whilst i take down the Christmas decorations.

Morning Guys.

Still in the deep freeze but still not going back to work. We found out yesterday that DS will be taking his road test next week for his driver's license. I think there is some good and bad in that.

Hope you all have a great day!

Last edited:
Morning gents.
Quite a bit warmer this morning (-16C/3F) but snowing. So I'll be warmer, but shoveling.
Unfair trade off.

me and G built a Lightning McQueen race simulator out of a Jacobs Cracker Box.

Impressive!

We founds out yesterday that DS will be taken his road test next week for his driver's license.

Note to self. Stay out of New Brunswick for a while.
Good luck to DS!

Top O the Mornin Dads! Boy did it suck having to wake up to an alarm for the first time in a bit especially with a wind chill of -4 this morning. DS is still home this week which is nice so we won't get completely back to the normal (whatever that is these days) until next week. Bright side is this is only a 4 day week so let's knock this out quickly.
This is just a beat down by Alabama.
They got several injured players back on D and it showed.
Morning Guys.

Still in the deep freeze but still not going back to work. We found out yesterday that DS will be taking his road test next week for his driver's license. I think there is some good and bad in that.

Hope you all have a great day!
Best of luck to DS and you are correct, good and bad but we found that the good out weighed the bad - good luck to mom and dad too.

As long as it's not a song from a certain.... ride... located directly across from Peter Pan.
I think this would drastically improve the wait times. Through people blowing their brains out.

....look at this stuff, isn't it neat, wouldn't you think my collection's complete......(more hold music) - currently at 25 mins on the phone.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter