DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I probably worded that wrong (as usual) in my haste on the fly. I get people are upset and the disrespect, but it seems particularly vitriolic. Like Darcy said, he's just a kid. I did some stoopid stuff when I was 17.

Hmmm... hadn't heard any of the vitriol. Agreed, he's a dumb kid and should have his hand slapped (figuratively)... but that's about it

When you were 10? Wow, you were a prodigy....;)

lol. Not quite. I probably was doing it around 12 or so, though.

Happy Sunday. Work day done. Had almost a full sheet cake leftover from church function last night. Some of that leftover cake made its way to my belly.

You going in July again mate?

June this trip. Changing things up. We had been going Spring and/or Fall Break. We liked July last year when we met up with you. We had been before in June many years ago. So, we are going to June and see which we like better for the next set of years with dds.

Congrats to DD, mate.

Thanks.

Congrats to her! DD, not DW, right?

.)

Thanks. And yes, it was dd.

Congrats to her.

Thanks.

Some of that leftover cake made its way to my belly
I'm sitting here with precisely 2 carrots, a tomato and a babybel cheese for my dinner. I piggin' hate January. Football with no beer or Bourbon sucks.
Final phase for the Bills. Never seen the 10 second pen for Int Grounding

Sorry mate, only just saw this, hopefully you didn't watch that dross.

Just a little at the beginning and a little at the end. Spent most of the afternoon watching the Jags/Bills.

I'm sitting here with precisely 2 carrots, a tomato and a babybel cheese for my dinner. I piggin' hate January. Football with no beer or Bourbon sucks.

Just had a couple of chicken quesadillas for dinner; now I'm enjoying a glass of red wine watching what I hope will be a more exciting game.

I believe the run off has to do with how much time was left when it happened.

10 second run off happens in the last 2 minutes of a half. Just another NFL rule in the spirit of point shaving.

The interception that may not have been catch was a catch, except the catch Buffalo made against New England was overturned in favor of New England. Just more point shaving.

Morning all from a 0c and cloudy London. It feels like there's snow in the air. Ran 8k this morning, pretty windy (not me) but felt OK. I'll hopefully hit under an hour in the London 10k.
Starting to bone up on my Civil War history today for the Southern Tour, so had that on my headphones and am now watching the Ken Burns PBS series. Rock n Roll.

Have a good Monday chaps.

Morning all from a 0c and cloudy London. It feels like there's snow in the air. Ran 8k this morning, pretty windy (not me) but felt OK. I'll hopefully hit under an hour in the London 10k.
Starting to bone up on my Civil War history today for the Southern Tour, so had that on my headphones and am now watching the Ken Burns PBS series. Rock n Roll.

Have a good Monday chaps.

Nice run. When is the 10k?

Warmed up here today so you know what that means.....snow. Actually it is just a few centimetres of light, fluffy stuff.

Everyone left this house this morning to return to their normal lives, well except the cat. He just looked for he treats.

Have a good one all.

Nice run. When is the 10k?
Thanks mate. Its on Feb 4, so plenty of time to sharpen up, and it will give me a kick up the butt to proper get out. I've been a bit of a fairweather runner lately. It must be tough up your way to keep getting out with the weather so good on ya.

Thanks mate. Its on Feb 4, so plenty of time to sharpen up, and it will give me a kick up the butt to proper get out. I've been a bit of a fairweather runner lately. It must be tough up your way to keep getting out with the weather so good on ya.

It certainly is. I have only been out once in the last 3 weeks and that was New Years Day with a windchill of -30c. It isn't only the cold but funding a safe place to run.

Morning from the Most Magical Place on Earth. Yesterday was the marathon and while she didn't set a PR DD had a good but tough race. She had a friend come up Saturday from Miami, and she went with her for the start. So, I got out of going. Spent the morning snug in bed watching live coverage of the race on the local ABC station. They came back and napped while I spent some time around the resort. Today they are off to the parks, I'm leaving soon.

Saturday was a good day. Stopped by to see everyone at the Ohana meet up and then a few of us went to Sam's for an adult beverage. Dinner was at Ravello's and it was a bit disappointing. The Four Seasons is an unbelievable resort. Very upper crust. Ravello's is a beautiful, open kitchen restaurant and we went in with high hopes. The waiter (we will get to him in a second) described the menu as "Modern, Northern Italian cuisine. I ordered the Papadella with Bolognese sauce. Surprised there was no bread service and no soups. Food was good, not anything special. The service was awful. He basically ignored us. Another waiter came by to fill our water carafe and a manager had the leftovers boxed up. It takes me a lot not to tip 20% but he managed it. As I said, we all left disappointed.

I'm probably headed over to Epcot for lunch and a few attractions but it is kind of laid back see what comes up kind of day. A few of the guys who are still here are trying to figure where to watch the game. Splitsville is currently being explored.

Tomorrow's our last full day and we will be back at AK and try to hit the fireworks at the MK. Hope everyone has a good one.

Happy (?) Monday gents. De-Christmassed the house over the weekend, indoors and out. Lights, tree, assorted bits and bobs all put away for another year. The house seems empty now though.
Temperate here has dropped a bit, down to -8C with -14C windchill (that's 7F for you southern gentlemen). Not as cold as some of you, but still enough for the brass monkey to lose bits.
DW's birthday today. Some of you may remember that I used to work overseas a month at a time. DW and I have been together for 14 years and in that time this is the FIRST time I have actually been home for her birthday, mainly on account of always trying to arrange Christmas off, but then having to get back to work right after the new year. Having said that, we're not doing anything terribly special. It's the girls' first day back at school after the break and things just kind of get too busy for anything much. Plus, Christmas bills still to come in so...

Dry January is a nightmare as some people got me some great beer for Xmas, but I've lost 8lb since 1st Jan.
Well done. I'm trying to cut back a little but still picking my way through the leftover Christmas chocolates.

But I love Beer, Pizza and Pasta. Once I cut those out, I eat pretty well.
Once I cut those out, I starve.
Well, actually I am not much of a beer fan so I rarely drink it. But pasta...that would be very hard for me to go without. But I can easily imagine how effective it would be. I crave carbs, and I know that's what packs on the weight.

Glad one of you down there still remembers the site that started it all.
::yes::

Why is everyone losing their shizzle over the Swedish guy who tossed his medal?
And IMHO, illustrates what's wrong with a lot of that generation. (Yes, I'm painting them with a broad brush, I know.)
Tossing the medal was a stupid thing for the kid to do. I think he probably did it in the heat of the moment but if he really was that upset and didn't want it there were better ways of dealing with the disappointment. I know he got it back and hopefully he kept it this time. If not he will regret it later in life.
Yep, agree with it all. I tend to paint that generation with a broad brush too, even if perhaps I shouldn't. Though I don't judge too harshly. He's only 18 or whatever and was clearly upset. But I suspect he's learned his lesson.

Buddy, you must have been as fit as a Butcher's dog. I did it a couple of times even when I was proper fit and found muscles I didn't know I had.
I did a bit of cross country when I was 17. I don't think I could manage it now. Actually, I know I couldn't do it now.

Morning all. Only got a minute so...

Impressed with all the running going on. Either DISdads or DDs. I hate running.

Good luck to all for surviving the Monday. Can’t wait til it’s done. I can use a couple days off. If that actually happens.

Morning all. Just stopping by to make sure Norm hasn't burned the place down yet, or left us to join the pro tennis circuit.

Hope everyone had a great holiday and safe New Year. I'm not going back to see what happened. I keep telling myself that I'm going to start coming to the boards daily and keeping up with everything but we all know better.

.......... Monday gents. Looking forward to the game tonight and booking ADR for July trip tomorrow. Still tweaking and boy it would be nice if at 120 days they actually had park hours/ EMH posted so you have an idea of what park you will be at to match up dining too - WTH? Have a good one gents.
I'm probably headed over to Epcot for lunch and a few attractions but it is kind of laid back see what comes up kind of day. A few of the guys who are still here are trying to figure where to watch the game. Splitsville is currently being explored.

Tomorrow's our last full day and we will be back at AK and try to hit the fireworks at the MK. Hope everyone has a good one.
Sounds like a good end of trip plan and hope you can find a place with a good seat for the game tonight.
Happy (?) Monday gents. De-Christmassed the house over the weekend, indoors and out. Lights, tree, assorted bits and bobs all put away for another year. The house seems empty now though.
Temperate here has dropped a bit, down to -8C with -14C windchill (that's 7F for you southern gentlemen). Not as cold as some of you, but still enough for the brass monkey to lose bits.
DW's birthday today. Some of you may remember that I used to work overseas a month at a time. DW and I have been together for 14 years and in that time this is the FIRST time I have actually been home for her birthday, mainly on account of always trying to arrange Christmas off, but then having to get back to work right after the new year. Having said that, we're not doing anything terribly special. It's the girls' first day back at school after the break and things just kind of get too busy for anything much. Plus, Christmas bills still to come in so...
Happy Birthday to DW and nice that you can finally spend one with her. I hear ya about the place looking a bit empty de-Christmasing. We have a made a good dent, outside all done, inside maybe 50% but we take a little time as there is so much. have 3 full trees to go but we generally save those for last.

DW and I have been together for 14 years and in that time this is the FIRST time I have actually been home for her birthday,
That's lovely mate, Happy Birthday to the missus.
Yesterday was the marathon and while she didn't set a PR DD had a good but tough race
She's done well to finish mate with an injury. Congrats to her.
Very upper crust.
But no real personality. Apart from the pool, that could be a 4S anywhere.
And you mate. Safe trip back and enjoy AK.
Splitsville is currently being explored.
I've heard Splitsville has awesome sushi.
Morning all. Just stopping by to make sure Norm hasn't burned the place down yet, or left us to join the pro tennis circuit.
Welcome back mate. We were just keeping the place ticking over till you got back.

Happy (?)

Happy birthday to your DW! Nothing terribly special means there is still something special.

Happy Monday. Still cold here, but warm enough to rain. It should be cold tonight and freeze everything. I see school closings in the future.

Feb 4 is Superbowl. Run out the calories before all the food?

Morning from the Most Magical Place on Earth. Yesterday was the marathon and while she didn't set a PR DD had a good but tough race. She had a friend come up Saturday from Miami, and she went with her for the start. So, I got out of going. Spent the morning snug in bed watching live coverage of the race on the local ABC station. They came back and napped while I spent some time around the resort. Today they are off to the parks, I'm leaving soon.

Saturday was a good day. Stopped by to see everyone at the Ohana meet up and then a few of us went to Sam's for an adult beverage. Dinner was at Ravello's and it was a bit disappointing. The Four Seasons is an unbelievable resort. Very upper crust. Ravello's is a beautiful, open kitchen restaurant and we went in with high hopes. The waiter (we will get to him in a second) described the menu as "Modern, Northern Italian cuisine. I ordered the Papadella with Bolognese sauce. Surprised there was no bread service and no soups. Food was good, not anything special. The service was awful. He basically ignored us. Another waiter came by to fill our water carafe and a manager had the leftovers boxed up. It takes me a lot not to tip 20% but he managed it. As I said, we all left disappointed.

Didn't have an urge to try Ravello's, even less now. DW wants to try Splittsville as well. Glad you're having fun.

Well done. I'm trying to cut back a little but still picking my way through the leftover Christmas chocolates.

Once I cut those out, I starve.
Well, actually I am not much of a beer fan so I rarely drink it. But pasta...that would be very hard for me to go without. But I can easily imagine how effective it would be. I crave carbs, and I know that's what packs on the weight.

Yep, agree with it all. I tend to paint that generation with a broad brush too, even if perhaps I shouldn't. Though I don't judge too harshly. He's only 18 or whatever and was clearly upset. But I suspect he's learned his lesson.

I did a bit of cross country when I was 17. I don't think I could manage it now. Actually, I know I couldn't do it now.

Happy birthday to DW and congrats on getting to be there. The things we take for granted.

Morning all. Only got a minute so...

Impressed with all the running going on. Either DISdads or DDs. I hate running.

Good luck to all for surviving the Monday. Can’t wait til it’s done. I can use a couple days off. If that actually happens.

I ain't running. That's why i play tennis. :lmao:

Hope everyone had a great holiday and safe New Year. I'm not going back to see what happened. I keep telling myself that I'm going to start coming to the boards daily and keeping up with everything but we all know better.

Hey Cliff. Haven't done either of those, but not for lack of trying. How are things there with you? You have freezing temps as well?

.......... Monday gents. Looking forward to the game tonight and booking ADR for July trip tomorrow. Still tweaking and boy it would be nice if at 120 days they actually had park hours/ EMH posted so you have an idea of what park you will be at to match up dining too - WTH? Have a good one gents.

Sounds like a good end of trip plan and hope you can find a place with a good seat for the game tonight.

Happy Birthday to DW and nice that you can finally spend one with her. I hear ya about the place looking a bit empty de-Christmasing. We have a made a good dent, outside all done, inside maybe 50% but we take a little time as there is so much. have 3 full trees to go but we generally save those for last.

We are waiting on 90 days for the FP+ in June. We've noticed park hours change over the years when planning 6 months out. Maybe they will get it right at 120.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter