DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning Guys,

Messy morning here today, school has been closed which sucks for DS as he had his chemistry exam this morning. It has also cancelled my morning flight to Ottawa. Rebooked for later this afternoon so hopefully I will get out on that one.

Not that your counting or anything.....I thought it was quicker than that.

I wish it was quicker.

Have a good evening chaps, now scouting Youtube for ADR inspiration for August. Feel free to pitch in with your favourites. Art Smiths Homecomin' and the Cali Grill Sunday Brunch are locks. Anyone know any local non-Disney at Vero Beach we can hit for Dinner?
Norm pretty much covered it, there's not a ton in Vero so I second staying at the resort for most meals. We had local pizza delivered one night and just hung out which was nice too.
It didn't go yet, so your well wishes are premature, but thank you.
Fly out on Wed, Interview on Thu and Fly back Fri.
Best of luck to you, hope it works out for you.
Morning Guys,

Messy morning here today, school has been closed which sucks for DS as he had his chemistry exam this morning. It has also cancelled my morning flight to Ottawa. Rebooked for later this afternoon so hopefully I will get out on that one.
Stay safe, I don;t miss the winter traveling headaches from when we lived in Chicago.

$34 million. And we're not a big city. Calgary budgets $38 million. Montreal is $158 million. Toronto doesn't have one, they just call in the army. ( :lmao:.... sorry. Inside joke.)
mowgli laugh.gif

Cheers for the good vibes all......
Let me add my best wishes. Sounds like a great trip to AKV you have booked. I would love to spend a few nights there but for some reason DW doesn't like the idea. I need to remind her that the animals don't actually come into the room!
Hope all goes well with the consulting, should you go down that road.

Hello gents. I was a bit busy over the weekend. You may remember last week I was off to the city humane services to adopt a kitten. I wasn't entirely thrilled with the idea but the mother was a stray so I guess I feel good about the fact that I've given the creature a better life than it would have had otherwise. DD is over the moon with happiness and surprisingly DW has been the most cuddly with it so far.
A few pictures below. She's a 2 month old calico with a little orange tabby in her. Wiki says that's technically a tortoiseshell cat, so named her Shelby. Maybe not the most original name but it works.

IMG_0399.JPG

IMG_0413.JPG

IMG_0412.JPG

Happy Tuesday. This week just seems to be ticking by so slow. I am so ready for the weekend.

Sorry, missed that. Good luck. We are all counting on you.

We will at VB for one, maybe 2 nights. On the third night we wanted to go out exploring. Cheers mate, good tips.

Have fun exploring.

Stay safe, I don;t miss the winter traveling headaches from when we lived in Chicago.

Thanks. About to head to the airport and I hope there are not other changes. Had to change the connecting flight again as this first leg was delayed and I wasn't going to make the connection. Fun times!

Hello gents. I was a bit busy over the weekend. You may remember last week I was off to the city humane services to adopt a kitten. I wasn't entirely thrilled with the idea but the mother was a stray so I guess I feel good about the fact that I've given the creature a better life than it would have had otherwise. DD is over the moon with happiness and surprisingly DW has been the most cuddly with it so far.
A few pictures below. She's a 2 month old calico with a little orange tabby in her. Wiki says that's technically a tortoiseshell cat, so named her Shelby. Maybe not the most original name but it works.

Cute kitten. I hope she gets used to the ice in your glass. ;)

View attachment 297481

View attachment 297482

View attachment 297483

That looks like a calico. Cute!
We had a tortise shell at one point and they look more like this - mostly black/brown/orange and almost no white if any at all...

Attachments

• Cindy_the_tortoiseshell_cat_(2008).jpg
    Cindy_the_tortoiseshell_cat_(2008).jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 5
AHHHHHHH!!!!

Why are we not living somewhere warm???

So far today I have had two cancelled flights and 2 other changes. I am now rebooked for 5:45 tomorrow morning and I should land in Ottawa about 30 minutes before the start of the opening keynote. I need a drink!

Afternoon all. Been super busy because it’s a rare day off.
Got a few minutes while the repair place looks over the damage to our 4 month old car.

Cute cat!
Sorry about the flights
Good luck with the job

If I missed anything....... sorry!

Are there many Pats or Vikings fans in the office?

Not really. Quite a few Cowboys fans, though. They don't seem to like it when I ask them about their family's connection to Texas that allows them to be Cowboys fans. Or if they've ever been to Texas.

I'll warn you CJ, he gets a bit fickle in the early stages. He needs more belief ;)

Local sportswriter Ray Didinger said it best: "Being an Eagle is like living in a Road Runner cartoon. You're always waiting for the anvil to fall."

I just want to say good luck. We're all counting on you.

But does kitty like whiskey?

Cute kitten. I hope she gets used to the ice in your glass. ;)
:rotfl:
Local sportswriter Ray Didinger said it best: "Being an Eagle is like living in a Road Runner cartoon. You're always waiting for the anvil to fall."
I watched Steven Gerrard score a 30 yard screamer into the West Ham goal in the 94th minute (of a 90 minute game) when we were 3-2 up in the FA Cup Final, the most historic cup competition in the world, which we went on to lose on penalty kicks. I am well used to the Anvil mate....
Not really. Quite a few Cowboys fans, though. They don't seem to like it when I ask them about their family's connection to Texas that allows them to be Cowboys fans. Or if they've ever been to Texas.
this is why everyone hates Man U in the UK.
So far today I have had two cancelled flights and 2 other changes. I am now rebooked for 5:45 tomorrow morning and I should land in Ottawa about 30 minutes before the start of the opening keynote. I need a drink!
Whats the chances of the 545 being blown out as well? That sounds rough buddy. Early start. Good luck. Crack that seal.
mother was a stray so I guess I feel good about the fact that I've given the creature a better life than it would have had otherwise
:thumbsup2Good job buddy. Can you train her to shovel snow?

Last edited:
I keep looking for this, but I'm not able to find it...

I read an article once about how the tinkerbell that flies from the castle during fireworks is an older man.
Does anyone know (or have bookmarked) this article?

I was telling someone about reading it, but I can't locate it to send to them.

Thanks!

Scroll down a bit and it shows the original photo (that I know of) that shows Tinkerbill.

Hello gents. I was a bit busy over the weekend. You may remember last week I was off to the city humane services to adopt a kitten.

Cute little Kitty. Congrats on the new addition.

That sucks. I am sure I speak for all of us giving you permission to have a drink, you deserve it.

Huh?

keep looking for this, but I'm not able to find it...

I read an article once about how the tinkerbell that flies from the castle during fireworks is an older man.
Does anyone know (or have bookmarked) this article?

I was telling someone about reading it, but I can't locate it to send to them.

In one of my trip reports, don't remember which one, I posted a picture of Tink flying. Someone posted that Tink is sometimes and asian man. I said no way and he posted a picture proving he was right.

I also read or heard on podcast about the original Tink who led a remarkable life. Found this from Mouselinks...

From https://disneymouselinks.com/tinker-bell.aspx

"The first Tinker Bell to appear at Disneyland Park in California was played by a woman named Tiny Kline a very petite woman who was four feet ten inches tall and a mere 98 pounds. She was hired in 1961 to fly during the fireworks display. This portrayer of Tinker Bell was 71 years old and a former circus aerialist. At the end of her flight she was stopped by running into a mattress. Like the character Tiny played she was very temperamental. In 1964 Tiny Kline retired because of poor health."

Fascinating story.

:rotfl:

Whats the chances of the 545 being blown out as well? That sounds rough buddy. Early start. Good luck. Crack that seal.

Looking OK right now. We've gone from snow to ice pellets to freezing rain and now it's raining. As long as the temperature stays where it is now it should be OK for now.

If you had hung out with us on Sunday night you would know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter