DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Very nice. Morning Chief. Nice to have someone on my time zone for a change. How's Paris?

Cold as witches (.Y.) Looks like maybe Disneyland will be a no go, way to cold to be outside all day, and when it warms up some, we'll have snow or rain. I done DLP in the rain already.

Last edited:

You have to get reservations too far in advance now. That plus the 45 minutes to park and use the monorail, plus hauling around two boys just made it not worthwhile to go there very often when I've got a barber shop five minutes from my house now.
Since you can see the MK fireworks from your house...

Want to adopt me? ;)

School open today. School closed tomorrow due to flooding. I guess it's starting the roll downhill, or rather, down stream.

Its only redeeming feature is that the Record Store that was there for about 10 years was set up and opened by a retail genius. A real living legend. ;)

007 vs Watford. My money is on you, Dan. :lmao:

Since you can see the MK fireworks from your house...

And that could be you, if you pick the right housing with that new job.

Can you share a Lightning McQueen toddler bed with a two year old?
No. Due to the crazy nature of our culture and someone claiming that's child abuse in some way, absolutely not. Have tent, will travel. I'm also much less adverse to sleeping on the floor than being neutered as Randall wanted me to do. :lmao:

I have that 1 hour commute, and it ain't worth it. I was hoping you'd land than dream Disney job and find me one as well.
That's still hopefully in the future, but for the moment I'm very excited about the new job here. The type of work I've wanted to do for a while and fantastic benefits.

Interesting!
Hadn't thought of that.

I prefer the NHL players being allowed. I like having the best of the best at the Olympics.
I definitely disagree. When the US had the dream team in basketball, I thought it was horrible. I think the best amateur players should be there and not someone who has gotten to the professional level.

I definitely disagree. When the US had the dream team in basketball, I thought it was horrible. I think the best amateur players should be there and not someone who has gotten to the professional level.

Pretty fine line between amateur and pro at that level in some of those sports.

Pretty fine line between amateur and pro at that level in some of those sports.
I'm not sure about all sports by any means, but I doubt the elite college team for the more prevalents sports in the US (baseball, football, basketball) could expect to beat the elite pros. I don't know about hockey or soccer, but I would expect the elite amateurs to be roughly equivalent to the rookie pros. I have no clue about something like curling because I'm not aware if there's a professional league...there may be in Canada, I honestly don't know. I'm fairly certain there are no professional bobsledders or lugers although I suppose you could call Shawn White a profesional snow boarder....but yet, aside from the olympics and endorsements, I'm not sure how he makes a living at it (unlike professional atheletes who make millions per year).

Going back to the dream team, I don't think there was a team anywhere in the olympics that had a chance.

I'm not sure about all sports by any means, but I doubt the elite college team for the more prevalents sports in the US (baseball, football, basketball) could expect to beat the elite pros. I don't know about hockey or soccer, but I would expect the elite amateurs to be roughly equivalent to the rookie pros. I have no clue about something like curling because I'm not aware if there's a professional league...there may be in Canada, I honestly don't know. I'm fairly certain there are no professional bobsledders or lugers although I suppose you could call Shawn White a profesional snow boarder....but yet, aside from the olympics and endorsements, I'm not sure how he makes a living at it (unlike professional atheletes who make millions per year).

Going back to the dream team, I don't think there was a team anywhere in the olympics that had a chance.

I was talking about more about the definition. Pretty much all the athletes have made this their full time job. Now some of them don't get paid very much, but the top athletes are doing OK. I do like the soccer model for the Olympics - they are pros but they have to be under 23.

That's still hopefully in the future, but for the moment I'm very excited about the new job here. The type of work I've wanted to do for a while and fantastic benefits.

What you doing? I tried stripping but didn't make enough money as I had to make change.

I liked the dream team. Not much competition, but did bring up the level of basketball competition in the world. US College Basketball and Football aren't amateur sports. People are being paid - coaches, colleges, tv money - except the players. It's not a good system.

I was talking about more about the definition. Pretty much all the athletes have made this their full time job. Now some of them don't get paid very much, but the top athletes are doing OK. I do like the soccer model for the Olympics - they are pros but they have to be under 23.

Agree. But Dan said World Cup more important than soccer medal.

Morning boys from a Sunny and -4C London. Lady K's Dad has to have have Chemo, as they didn't get all of it when he went in the other week. Hopefully they will get it this time.
Put up one of the Curly Haired Ninja's wardrobes yesterday, it's nice that Ikea do Nunchuck and Sabre storage.
Watching a 8 part series on the Seventies that CNN did, it's fascinating.
007 vs Watford. My money is on you, Dan. :lmao:
Cheers mate. That's the definition of fighting the good fight.
What you doing? I tried stripping but didn't make enough money as I had to make change.
:rotfl2:
I spent yesterday at MK with DS, which makes coming back to work even harder. Zero motivation to get anything done today
That's the disdads spirit right there. Bravo.

Have a good Tuesday chaps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter