• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

What you doing? I tried stripping but didn't make enough money as I had to make change.
I think it was probably your rhinestone thong. Those are so passe. They went out in the 70s...bet they mention that in the series Dan is watching.

I'm doing Linux administration, but will be able to learn and do security type work also. I've been wanting to do that for a while, but most companies have that very segregated. I'll be able to do what I already know well and learn security at the same time.

I liked the dream team. Not much competition, but did bring up the level of basketball competition in the world. US College Basketball and Football aren't amateur sports. People are being paid - coaches, colleges, tv money - except the players. It's not a good system.
I guess I still consider them amateurs because they're not being paid, but you're right...many people ARE being paid and not a good system. I still consider a college basketball player MORE equivalent to an amateur in another country though.

Morning Guys. Sunny and temps hovering around 0 right now. Just trying to get through the work week.

Have a good one.

Well this turned up in my inbox this morning, just when i was going to sack off my Paris AP....

Dear Annual Pass Holders,

This morning, Chairman and CEO of The Walt Disney Company Robert Iger met with Emmanuel Macron, President of France, to announce a multi-year expansion plan for Disneyland Paris.

This 2 billion euro project underscores The Walt Disney Company's commitment to the long-term success of our resort, and is one of the most ambitious development projects at Disneyland Paris since its opening in 1992.
The plan will roll out in phases and will transform the Walt Disney Studios Park, adding three new areas based onMarvel, Frozen and Star Wars™, along with multiple new attractions and live entertainment experiences.

The new areas will infuse some of Disney's most popular stories and characters into the resort, building upon the success of our 25th Anniversary.

Thank you again for your trust and your loyalty. We are looking forward to revealing these new innovative and immersive experiences - all with a special touch of our Disney magic.

See you very soon,

Catherine Powell, Présidente of Euro Disney S.A.S.

This morning, Chairman and CEO of The Walt Disney Company Robert Iger met with Emmanuel Macron, President of France, to announce a multi-year expansion plan for Disneyland Paris.

This 2 billion euro project underscores The Walt Disney Company's commitment to the long-term success of our resort, and is one of the most ambitious development projects at Disneyland Paris since its opening in 1992.
The plan will roll out in phases and will transform the Walt Disney Studios Park, adding three new areas based onMarvel, Frozen and Star Wars™, along with multiple new attractions and live entertainment experiences.

The new areas will infuse some of Disney's most popular stories and characters into the resort, building upon the success of our 25th Anniversary.

Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

Happy Tuesday. Girls home sleeping with the day off school. Beautiful day here as the sun is shining. I think I'll sneak out a bit early.

Morning boys from a Sunny and -4C London. Lady K's Dad has to have have Chemo, as they didn't get all of it when he went in the other week.

Prayers for your FIL, your wife, and the family.

I'm doing Linux administration.

I guess I still consider them amateurs because they're not being paid, but you're right...many people ARE being paid and not a good system. I still consider a college basketball player MORE equivalent to an amateur in another country though.

Sounds interesting. I know what those things are, but don't know how to do them. I tried to encourage my girls that if they seek a college degree, to select a field that meets their aptitudes, interests, and also decent pay.

Most of the players are for all the sports. But, football and basketball have those top tier players where everyone around them is getting paid except them. I'd like to think all that tv money trickles down to other sports, but once you factor in coaches salaries, fields (or arenas), transportation, etc, new buildings, etc then I'm not sure how much is left. I would watch an amateur college tennis match, but most won't. We don't have any hockey here, but it seems like golf and tennis are going pro without a college feeder system.

I agree, the top players can't play for Olympic gold so that would be part of it. The World Cup is a beast on its own, I don't think any other major sport has anything comparable.
?

I compete for the state championship now, and will go as far as I can. Of course, it's all for my own glory as there isn't anyone paying to watch me play tennis.

Some professionals do it for the money. Some play for league championships, and winning the NBA championship means you won against better competition than Olympics. Some are proud to win it for their country. I would like to think I would be proud to represent my country instead of just playing for the money.

World Cup is in a league of it's own. Still, i wonder how many of those players still wanted a chance at an Olympic Medal.

Well this turned up in my inbox this morning, just when i was going to sack off my Paris AP....

Sounds promising. It will be a few years before all that is finished though. Does Disney do an international AP? I think there is one here thay cover DL and WDW, or there used to be.

Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

:lmao::rotfl::lmao::rotfl::lmao:

Where did you keep the roll of quarters?

In a very large sock. There was still lots of space remaining. :scared1::lmao::sad2:

Morning boys from a Sunny and -4C London. Lady K's Dad has to have have Chemo, as they didn't get all of it when he went in the other week. Hopefully they will get it this time.

sorry to hear that. Hope it all goes well.

View attachment 305241

A bit rubbish. Our garden about 10 minutes in.

That's not snow. That's a dusting.

Thank you again for your trust and your loyalty. We are looking forward to revealing these new innovative and immersive experiences - all with a special touch of our Disney magic.

See you very soon,

Catherine Powell, Présidente of Euro Disney S.A.S.

I'm both surprised and revising my decision to never bother going to DL Paris.

That's not snow. That's a dusting.
I know, we should get about 20cm on Thursday. I know it's nothing by your guys standards, but they are already talking about shutting down the trains.
I'm both surprised and revising my decision to never bother going to DL Paris.
We were all hoping when DLP was taken back into Disney's hands, I think this is the trade off, as it was the French Government that was putting up the hurdles for the takeover in the first place.
It will be a few years before all that is finished though. Does Disney do an international AP?
I reckon about 2026. They never have done an AP for DL or WDW with DLP, as Disney never owned DLP since the spin off. The spin off company effectively leased all the licensing off DIS. But with the OPEX funding gap and the new investment, thats about 4 Billion they have sunk into Paris.

They have done some interesting stuff with the top tier APs, like separate section for the fireworks and parades.

Cold as witches (.Y.) Looks like maybe Disneyland will be a no go, way to cold to be outside all day, and when it warms up some, we'll have snow or rain. I done DLP in the rain already.
Sorry about the weather, that sucks
School open today. School closed tomorrow due to flooding. I guess it's starting the roll downhill, or rather, down stream.
Stay safe - supposed to get good rains next two days here with flash flood warnings but looks like your neck of the woods got hit worse during this stretch.
That's still hopefully in the future, but for the moment I'm very excited about the new job here. The type of work I've wanted to do for a while and fantastic benefits.
Congrats on getting something that you want to do.
Morning boys from a Sunny and -4C London. Lady K's Dad has to have have Chemo, as they didn't get all of it when he went in the other week. Hopefully they will get it this time.
Positive thoughts for your FIL and the family that he has a full recovery - pixie dust sent.
View attachment 305241

A bit rubbish. Our garden about 10 minutes in.
Oh that sucks

And that doesn't suck

Just got back from Ale and Compass tonight. Not a bad dinner option.
I can neither confirm nor deny that statement since I have not completed my trip report. On the other hand, I could confirm or deny and just not use either case as a question.
It's been a while since I held my Top Secret clearance, so maybe I should just shut up since I'm not as good at not revealing things as I once was.
:lmao:

Morning boys from another snow dusted day here in London. In the espresso shop. The kids school is the only one open in the district so I think some kind of Canadian flag above the school would be suitable....in a "snow? Meh." kind of way.

Happy Hump Day brethren. May you be granted speedy passage into the back half of the week.

Lady K's Dad has to have have Chemo, as they didn't get all of it when he went in the other week. Hopefully they will get it this time.

I missed that earlier. Sorry to hear it, Dan. Prayers for your family.

I reckon about 2026. They never have done an AP for DL or WDW with DLP, as Disney never owned DLP since the spin off. The spin off company effectively leased all the licensing off DIS. But with the OPEX funding gap and the new investment, thats about 4 Billion they have sunk into Paris.

If the VP is such a VIP, shouldn't we keep the PC on the QT? If it leaks to the VC, he could end up MIA and we'd all be put out on KP.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

The kids school is the only one open in the district so I think some kind of Canadian flag above the school would be suitable....in a "snow? Meh." kind of way.

I would think there has to be some provincial law left on the books that would allow Darcy, Jeff or pkondz to declare you an honorary Canadian.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter