DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Not much excitement in the GP but this one is always a cool one to watch.

Have fun storming the croissant.
Yeah, it’s always more picturesque than exciting. Me and the FIL were saying it was better during the Mansell/Senna era.

Interestingly the croissants at DLP are woeful. Like most of the food there.

Last edited:
Happy Sunday watching the French Open. Went outside earlier, used the weed trimmer, and am still able to walk. Might be able to survive after all without the scooter. Or at least, limp to a nearby bar.

Turns out my godson and his sister will be in WDW with their HS marching band. So, we'll watch them at the 3 PM parade at MK, if we can find out what time the 3 PM parade starts. ::yes::

12hrs from now I will be in AK 12.5hrs from now it will be about time to start :drinking1:thumbsup2:woohoo:.

Have a great trip. I get there Friday. Will you be there?

Hey Norm, I found your vacation scooter...

[]

That's terrific. Will Disney let me refill at the bus garage? :lmao:

No beer holder?

I'm used to compromising my lifestyle.

I have no clue how I ended up here, but here I am. I didn't even know that such a forum even existed on the DIS.

I am a dad, but I'm not a really a Disney fanatic in your context. That ship sailed a long time ago. However, WDW/Disney has, and still does, play a big role in my day to day life as I spend a lot of time there.

Anyway, just thought I'd say hi to the Disney Dads and if there's anything WDW related that anyone needs input or feedback on, let me know, I'm kinda familiar with it.

Welcome. Dues are payable in dole whips, beer, bacon, or cake. You mail 855 to me,and I mail to all the guys. Trust me, this plan is fool proof. :lmao:

We started out here, have added international members, and have now had several conventions. We have a few CMs in this group at bus and monorail transportation and one at AK train, plus some other in the area. Our CBO will direct you to other locations to find us as well. Feel free to join in the conversation.

Afternoon boys officially from a 80 and Sunny London. Had a productive morning, sausage and fried egg sandwich and booked a cheeky weekend in DLP with the kids. We leave on Saturday and come back Monday night, as the kids are not back in school until Tuesday.
Watching the GP with the FIL. No more football until August.

Have a good day fellas.

We'll be storming Cinderella's castle at the same time. I probably won't be thinking about you. :sad2:

I have no clue how I ended up here, but here I am. I didn't even know that such a forum even existed on the DIS.

I am a dad, but I'm not a really a Disney fanatic in your context. That ship sailed a long time ago. However, WDW/Disney has, and still does, play a big role in my day to day life as I spend a lot of time there.

Anyway, just thought I'd say hi to the Disney Dads and if there's anything WDW related that anyone needs input or feedback on, let me know, I'm kinda familiar with it.

:welcome: WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB FastPasser.! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #845!

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.​

Hey, Matt here 33, pretty new to this, not new to Disney however. My parents were both 30+ year castmembers at Disneyland so I pretty much grew up there in the 90s and 2000s. I wouldn't say I was ever a Disney freak, probably more so now, I just enjoyed going to the parks, in fact I actually like the character Snoopy more than any Disney character. Sorry if that is blasphemy here, but it is what it is. When my wife and I were looking for a place to get married, her dream was a to have a coach.....well Disney came to mind and we eventually got married in the Rose Court Garden at the Disneyland Hotel with the Cinderella coach. No there were no castmember discounts on that. We then honeymooned in WDW and did a cruise on the Wonder. This was back in 09 and next year, we'll be celebrating our 10th. We now have 2 girls, 6 and 3 currently and we thought next year would be the perfect age for them to experience WDW. We are a bit spoiled as my inlaws and treating our family with the 5-Night Bahamian Cruise next July. My wife and I will then take the girls ourselves to WDW for about 8 days staying at the Art of Animation (I'm not familiar with all abbreviations yet). Grandparents did not want to join us in the parks in July. I found this site by finding the youtube podcast videos which are awesome. I think that crew does an amazing job. That's my story is a nutshell.

Last edited:
Morning Boys from a sunny and 80f London. I see a generous Rib-eye in my near future.
That's terrific. Will Disney let me refill at the bus garage? :lmao:
It's electric. ;)
I thought he was taking about beer. Shows where my level is.
Thanks, but I would never join a group that would allow me to be a member.
You'll be fine here quoting Groucho. All you need is a Monty Python quote and we send you a complimentary pair of slippers.
Is there a secret handshake?
Only when you get to level 45. Or you have the birthmark of Mickey on your left cheek. It's a whole "stonecutters" type thing.
The Boys lost in the final today but they decided to make it longer by going to overtime. Not to bad a showing for a team that has only practiced together once
Nice job there for the boys, unlucky on the OT.
My wife and I will then take the girls ourselves to WDW for about 8 days staying at the Art of Animation
Welcome Matt! Our Chief will be along soon to give you a member number, and our Subs officer will approach you about some moody Ponzi scheme involving cake and dole whips. Funny enough our first trip with the kids was to Art of Animation. We had one of the Cars Suites. Loved it.
I probably won't be thinking about you
See, that means you might be. And its not the rejection that kills me. It's the hope.

Have a good day guys. London out.

Last edited:
Hey, Matt here 33, pretty new to this, not new to Disney however. My parents were both 30+ year castmembers at Disneyland so I pretty much grew up there in the 90s and 2000s. I wouldn't say I was ever a Disney freak, probably more so now, I just enjoyed going to the parks, in fact I actually like the character Snoopy more than any Disney character. Sorry if that is blasphemy here, but it is what it is. When my wife and I were looking for a place to get married, her dream was a to have a coach.....well Disney came to mind and we eventually got married in the Rose Court Garden at the Disneyland Hotel with the Cinderella coach. No there were no castmember discounts on that. We then honeymooned in WDW and did a cruise on the Wonder. This was back in 09 and next year, we'll be celebrating our 10th. We now have 2 girls, 6 and 3 currently and we thought next year would be the perfect age for them to experience WDW. We are a bit spoiled as my inlaws and treating our family with the 5-Night Bahamian Cruise next July. My wife and I will then take the girls ourselves to WDW for about 8 days staying at the Art of Animation (I'm not familiar with all abbreviations yet). Grandparents did not want to join us in the parks in July. I found this site by finding the youtube podcast videos which are awesome. I think that crew does an amazing job. That's my story is a nutshell.

:welcome: WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB Matt! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #846!

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.​

Randall, hope things are good in your neighborhood. Saw on the news there is a lot of flooding in the Baltimore area.

Thanks Cj, all well here, we are high and dry. Really upsets me though. The flooding is in Ellicot City. It a historic little town and this is the 2nd time this has happen in 3 years. I've live in the area for over 20 years and never saw this happen before, then twice in three years. Hoping they can recover from this and rebuild again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter