DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Hey, Matt here 33, pretty new to this, not new to Disney however. My parents were both 30+ year castmembers at Disneyland so I pretty much grew up there in the 90s and 2000s. I wouldn't say I was ever a Disney freak, probably more so now, I just enjoyed going to the parks, in fact I actually like the character Snoopy more than any Disney character. Sorry if that is blasphemy here, but it is what it is. When my wife and I were looking for a place to get married, her dream was a to have a coach.....well Disney came to mind and we eventually got married in the Rose Court Garden at the Disneyland Hotel with the Cinderella coach. No there were no castmember discounts on that. We then honeymooned in WDW and did a cruise on the Wonder. This was back in 09 and next year, we'll be celebrating our 10th. We now have 2 girls, 6 and 3 currently and we thought next year would be the perfect age for them to experience WDW. We are a bit spoiled as my inlaws and treating our family with the 5-Night Bahamian Cruise next July. My wife and I will then take the girls ourselves to WDW for about 8 days staying at the Art of Animation (I'm not familiar with all abbreviations yet). Grandparents did not want to join us in the parks in July. I found this site by finding the youtube podcast videos which are awesome. I think that crew does an amazing job. That's my story is a nutshell.

Welcome to the Club!

Morning Boys.

Very nice morning up here in the Great White North. Spending the day in the office before heading out of town for three days of meetings and a symposium called "Building a better Canada through sport." Looking forward to the discussions in that one.

Thanks Cj, all well here, we are high and dry. Really upsets me though. The flooding is in Ellicot City. It a historic little town and this is the 2nd time this has happen in 3 years. I've live in the area for over 20 years and never saw this happen before, then twice in three years. Hoping they can recover from this and rebuild again.

Glad to hear that you are in the dry area. We drove along the river here on our weekend trip it and was sad to see how much destruction the flood here did this year. Coming back last night in the dark it was easy to see how many people are now living in travel trailers while trying to repair their homes.

Not a good start with the holiday weekend as internet is out at the house. I suspect an uprising from the dds soon. :lmao:

It's electric. ;)

You've thought of everything.

After a long day we arrived home about 10 pm. The Boys lost in the final today but they decided to make it longer by going to overtime. Not to bad a showing for a team that has only practiced together once.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Late travels are worse after a loss. Finals are still a good showing.

Hey, Matt here 33, pretty new to this, not new to Disney however. My parents were both 30+ year castmembers at Disneyland so I pretty much grew up there in the 90s and 2000s. I wouldn't say I was ever a Disney freak, probably more so now, I just enjoyed going to the parks, in fact I actually like the character Snoopy more than any Disney character. Sorry if that is blasphemy here, but it is what it is. When my wife and I were looking for a place to get married, her dream was a to have a coach.....well Disney came to mind and we eventually got married in the Rose Court Garden at the Disneyland Hotel with the Cinderella coach. No there were no castmember discounts on that. We then honeymooned in WDW and did a cruise on the Wonder. This was back in 09 and next year, we'll be celebrating our 10th. We now have 2 girls, 6 and 3 currently and we thought next year would be the perfect age for them to experience WDW. We are a bit spoiled as my inlaws and treating our family with the 5-Night Bahamian Cruise next July. My wife and I will then take the girls ourselves to WDW for about 8 days staying at the Art of Animation (I'm not familiar with all abbreviations yet). Grandparents did not want to join us in the parks in July. I found this site by finding the youtube podcast videos which are awesome. I think that crew does an amazing job. That's my story is a nutshell.

Welcome. Dues are payable in dole whips, bacon, beer, or cake. You mail me 846 of them, and I mail to all the guys. Trust me, this plan is fool proof, and is no way a ponzi scheme like mentioned before.

DW and I did the WDW Disneymoon almost 18 years ago, although we didn't get married there. Our dds were 3 & 1.5 the first time we went to one of the All Star resorts, and we've been going once or twice a year even since, buying into DVC along the way.

They have Beer at the bus garage? o_O

Of course they do. How else could those bus drivers know all those facts about Disney insider information or put up with all those passengers and screaming kids all day long. :lmao:

Morning, boys.

I thought he was taking about beer. Shows where my level is.

Thought the same thing.

You'll be fine here quoting Groucho. All you need is a Monty Python quote and we send you a complimentary pair of slippers

Make it a good one and the slippers come with tassels.

Not a good start with the holiday weekend as internet is out at the house. I suspect an uprising from the dds soon. :lmao:

Isn’t that a sign of the apocalypse?

Thanks Cj, all well here, we are high and dry. Really upsets me though. The flooding is in Ellicot City. It a historic little town and this is the 2nd time this has happen in 3 years. I've live in the area for over 20 years and never saw this happen before, then twice in three years. Hoping they can recover from this and rebuild again.
Good to hear you’re ok chief, that one didn’t get to our radar.....

Anyone planning to go to TSL around opening day?
We are there in August, and we are toying with swerving it completely. Slinky dog looks ok, but the rest looks a bit meh.
Not a good start with the holiday weekend as internet is out at the house. I suspect an uprising from the dds soon.
thats the equivalent to a three bell fire in our house. It’s like all humanity has ceased to be.

mem-6ayshee.jpg

Another day of French Open tennis. I used to be able to play like that ....in my dreams. :lmao:

Enjoy Memorial Day off and prayers for all those who sacrificed their lives in military service.

Isn’t that a sign of the apocalypse?

And, you would think sending the dds outdoors in KY is the same as sending them on an exhibition across the Sahara desert.

Avoiding DHS until all the construction is done. It was just too crowded last time.

thats the equivalent to a three bell fire in our house. It’s like all humanity has ceased to be.

::yes::

Morning guys from a drizzly London. Kids off this week, so sent them on tennis camp. In the lounge waiting to play a social.
That’s all I got, happy Tuesday chaps and hope you had a good Memorial Day weekend.

Good morning, guys! Looks like I missed quite a bit of chatter over the long weekend. Hope it wasn't anything vital to national security.

Sorry to read about the flooding, Randall. Just brutal that they've been hit twice in 3 years now.

Welcome to all of the new guys!

Welcome aboard! I'll be there about 3 weeks after it opens. Not looking forward to the crowds. I got my FP for the Slinky coaster and will probably try to hit Toy Story Mania at rope drop. If I can do both of those I'll consider it a win for the day.

So, Tuesday is a Monday this week, but Thursday is my Friday. Or, happy 3 day week to me. Movie day at school for my youngest. Ready for the school year to be be over and get on that plane.

Morning guys from a drizzly London. Kids off this week, so sent them on tennis camp. In the lounge waiting to play a social.
That’s all I got, happy Tuesday chaps and hope you had a good Memorial Day weekend.

Tennis camp sounds fun for me. Have fun at your social or whatever that means.

Thanks, I'm guessing that the WL is your favorite WDW resort. It's mine as well. It was my first assignment 22 years ago, many, many fond memories. I had to go there last night.

Our home resort is BWV, but i really liked Wilderness Lodge. DW did not on the other hand, and said the animatronic trees messed with her allergies. The theming is beautiful, pool was lacking, beach area was, and the boat ride over the water bridge is just cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter