DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Upcoming trip is coming together nicely:cool1:, 1st night Toy Story land open till 12:30am, 2nd night we have Glo-nites at Typhoon Lagoon till midnite , and now on our 3rd day they are having a V.I.Passholder event at MK, just waiting to get the info to reserve a spot:thumbsup2. I might be able to sleep in late one day during our stay:confused3, We are there for 8 days, don't want to get it all done in a couple days, might be forced to go on things 5 or 6 times and that just wouldn't be right:eek::rotfl2:

Back at the house. Did not do much at the hotel. Food service was limited except for breakfast so DD brought me McDonalds. Afternoon/evening was a wash out. Their Direct TV was out and in room wifi was iffy. Didn't matter. Walked around the hotel a bit to get the legs working again but mostly slept. Probably on and off about 12 hours. Felt great and feel like a changed person today.

Here's a hand full of images for y'all to either peruse of ignore
(won't hurt my feelings either way)

Excellent shots. Wow.

Life of CJ. Enjoy your vacation from Florida.

You would not have liked the life of CJ last week.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Thoughts are with those affected by flooding in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic.

Same from me.

Safe here and I sure will. ;)

Good to know.
Upcoming trip is coming together nicely:cool1:, 1st night Toy Story land open till 12:30am, 2nd night we have Glo-nites at Typhoon Lagoon till midnite , and now on our 3rd day they are having a V.I.Passholder event at MK, just waiting to get the info to reserve a spot:thumbsup2. I might be able to sleep in late one day during our stay:confused3, We are there for 8 days, don't want to get it all done in a couple days, might be forced to go on things 5 or 6 times and that just wouldn't be right:eek::rotfl2:

Didn't you hear, if you can go on an attraction 5-6 times, you are doing it wrong. After all, all Disney is about standing in line.

OK a update from post 30min ago, I now have registration confirmation for VIPassholder Night, as Hannibal Smith would say " I love it when a plan comes together":dancer:

Excellent bonus.

FP day for September trip tomorrow!!! :woohoo:
Good hunting and if no coffee bring your patience, the morning of my 60 day window last week was a PITA - slow, kicked out, etc but I was able to get everything we wanted.
Coffee --- yuck!!! Might keep me awake from wanting to throw up!

I thought they'd changed it to 7am. It's still midnight?
Nope 7:00 a.m. Eastern Time
Great plans and good nab on the V.I. Passholder night, I now know where the Commando in your name comes from

Hey there fellas!

So we had a great weeklong trip to WDW last month, did a nice DVC split-stay at Bay Lake Tower and the Poly, really took a lot of time to relax, so no rope drops or commando days, but still got in everything we wanted at the parks... Wonderful family trip, magical as ever... But I have to admit to being in the those post-WDW doldrums these past few weeks, have hardly been able to login to the DISboards at all.

So there's really only one proven solution to that kind of situation... Book another WDW trip! :smickey: So we're coming back for a long weekend in December.

(Actually we've booked two, since I convinced my parents and sister to do a multi-family Disney cruise next spring break.) pirate:

Ahhhhh, that's the ticket.

Good news. Bad news.

Bad news. DW knocked the driver side mirror off her car, so there is a missing $400.

Good news. I cancelled my surgery. I'm walking well enough. I can still play tennis with my daughter, but my tournament career may be over. I can live with that.

Skip the coffee... Got it.

I like my coffee like I like my women...

....filled with booze. (Irish coffee)

Still the commando. We only go at it every other day. I'm too old for that $h!t.

Back at the house. Did not do much at the hotel. Food service was limited except for breakfast so DD brought me McDonalds. Afternoon/evening was a wash out. Their Direct TV was out and in room wifi was iffy. Didn't matter. Walked around the hotel a bit to get the legs working again but mostly slept. Probably on and off about 12 hours. Felt great and feel like a changed person today.

s.

Most people like me can't sleep at hotels and are fine at home. You have it the other way. Life of CJ.

Hey there fellas!

So we had a great weeklong trip to WDW last month, did a nice DVC split-stay at Bay Lake Tower and the Poly, really took a lot of time to relax, so no rope drops or commando days, but still got in everything we wanted at the parks... Wonderful family trip, magical as ever... But I have to admit to being in the those post-WDW doldrums these past few weeks, have hardly been able to login to the DISboards at all.

So there's really only one proven solution to that kind of situation... Book another WDW trip! :smickey: So we're coming back for a long weekend in December.

(Actually we've booked two, since I convinced my parents and sister to do a multi-family Disney cruise next spring break.) pirate:

Two great resorts and another trip booked. We still are lacking VGF to complete the WDW DVC resorts.

Hey there fellas!

Awesome, When are you going in Dec?

Good news. I cancelled my surgery. I'm walking well enough. I can still play tennis with my daughter, but my tournament career may be over. I can live with that.

Sorry to hear that Norm. With all the surgeries I've had, I have always been much better in the end. Why put up with the pain when you could have none?

Ciao a tutti. Incredibles was awesome. It's a quite day here in the house as the DS is at tennis camp. DD and Lady K are at the pool. Another 85f day here. Watching the Ken Burns documentary on Vietnam, as I know basically nothing about it.

now on our 3rd day they are having a V.I.Passholder event at MK,
I didn't even get the email. I couldn't have gone, but it would be nice to be asked. Good job on the tickets.
Walked around the hotel a bit to get the legs working again but mostly slept. Probably on and off about 12 hours. Felt great and feel like a changed person today.
Good stuff there gaffer.
Ditto, I like mine with a bit of black and two spoonful of strong.
That's what....
Good news. I cancelled my surgery. I'm walking well enough. I can still play tennis with my daughter, but my tournament career may be over.
Congrats, I'm sure you know you know your own body. What did the Doc say? Sorry about the car buddy.
We still are lacking VGF to complete the WDW DVC resorts.
We've only done VGF and Poly. I think we'll do Boardwalk or BC at some point, and do the rest with restaurants.

Have a good day fellas.

Hey gents, just coming up for air at work. Still working on this tender (for those who don't know, it's writing a document for bidding on an upcoming contract..I'm getting help with it from people who actually know what they are doing, but it's still not fun). The tender is due on 31st so this time next week it will be over, for better or worse. Then I can focus on important stuff like my trip to The World. Less than a month now!

Its rubbed, wrapped and ready to go. Maybe next time.
So sorry I missed this one...

But it sounds like your Friday night was better than mine...

You are not missing anything with Kindereggs, worst tasting chocolate ever!
I have two girls who would disagree.
I am not sure that I ever tasted one. I think I may have. It obviously didn't make too much of an impression.

We won't see much of Montreal in this one, mostly just the inside of a gym. We are taking a could of days to drive home through the US. Headed for Montpelier for a night, a trip through the White Mountains and a shopping stop in North Conway and then on to Maine before heading back to NB.
Sounds like a nice getaway though, enjoy.

We’ve sneaked in another break, our friends have a house in Cornwall and we are spending a few nights there the week after next.
Nice one. Enjoy.

Life of Dan...

One of the companies I put my testing the water application into may be trying to wreck the plan. Sabotage may be required. I’ve gotten used to wearing shorts since September last year
Well, nobody pays you to sit on your Alien Swirling Saucer all day...
(Although if you find out who does, let me know)

Evening all...
Been doing a spell of traveling for the last week or so and I've much catching up to do.
Us irrefutable South'ners spent a bit of time out in the Pacific Northwest visiting family.
We've been out that way in the past so it's not completely unfamiliar territory.
But we did make a point to see a few spots that we hadn't gotten around to before.
Great shots. I've never been to that part of the world, but I would like to go one day.
Some great extras planned there, should be good.
I think you are going early August, right? I won't be down until the 17th.

Sounds like a successful trip. I hear you on the Disney withdrawal. It's the hardest part about a trip.

Bad news. DW knocked the driver side mirror off her car, so there is a missing $400.

Well, sorry about the bad news, but nice to hear the good news. As long as you're happy with the decision. I hope it goes well for you.

Incredibles was awesome. I
I saw it a couple weeks ago, the whole family went out (even the 18 year old, and getting her out with the rest of us is a challenge these days). We all enjoyed it.

Okay, been on mydisneyexperience.com and the app and on hold (well finally talking to them) since 7am.

I've managed to get BTMM for 9:15 or 9:25. EVERYTHING ELSE fails during the confirmation attempt.

I've said it before, I hate the new FP system!!!

I think this solidifies my previous thought/comment/whatever. I think after the DDCC7, it's time to find another vacation spot. All the things to do at Disney are wonderful in one sense, but not being able to actually do any of them totally sucks!

So....anyone interested in renting DVC points for 2019? Gonna look into the resale market. Home resort is Saratoga Springs, so may not be able to get much on resale market, but at least with renting points be able to get money back. Obviously, re-newing the APs not on the table.

Something is going to have to change at Disney and it needs to change soon IMHO.

Sorry guys, but I'm just really PO'ed right now.

Ciao a tutti. Incredibles was awesome. It's a quite day here in the house as the DS is at tennis camp. DD and Lady K are at the pool. Another 85f day here. Watching the Ken Burns documentary on Vietnam, as I know basically nothing about it.
I'm already in a bad mood this morning, so I don't even want to get started on what an idiotic war (politics and policy wise) Viet Nam was. Maybe when I'm in a better frame of mind and can be more civil about the moronic decisions from start to end.

Congrats, I'm sure you know you know your own body. What did the Doc say? Sorry about the car buddy.
I've said a lot of things. :lmao:

Have a good day fellas.
I sure hope it gets better...sucking wind right now.

Still working on this tender (for those who don't know, it's writing a document for bidding on an upcoming contract..I'm getting help with it from people who actually know what they are doing, but it's still not fun)
I used to get a lot of them, never really written one. I used to have to run tenders every 2 years so we were hitting compliance. I can assure you, it takes as ling to wade through them as it does to right them.
Well, nobody pays you to sit on your Alien Swirling Saucer all day...
I guess legally, the Lady K does. Your honour.
I have two girls who would disagree.
I have a curly haired ninja planning retribution on Darcy for such an egregious statement. He needs to watch his alien swirling saucer for angry 5 year olds with an accent like Eliza Doolittle. Before she met Mister 'Iggins.
but at least with renting points be able to get money back.
I put my 2017 banked points up yesterday for rental as we had to cancel the August one, just to see what the process is like.
I think this solidifies my previous thought/comment/whatever. I think after the DDCC7, it's time to find another vacation spot. All the things to do at Disney are wonderful in one sense, but not being able to actually do any of them totally sucks!
Sorry mate, sounds like you are having the same problem as everyone else, its all over FB about the IT carnage.
I think Disney starting to become a victim of its own success, coupled with the fact that certain places on these forums and FB are funnelling people into actions that are destined to cause logjam. I totally get it, it 50,000 people are on the screens at 7:00.00001 EST, then I'm going to be on there as well, trying to get these scarce slots. Some of it is driving me batsh!t crazy though, like people booking 4 reservations per day and then dumping 2 of them on 24 hrs before. But these people are doing it to protect what they see as the perfect Disney trip, and it's just making it harder for everybody. The fundamental system is broke though, and apart from charging for it or dumping it completely and everyone queues, I can't see a way out.
I've said a lot of things. :lmao:
:D You should open your own thread called "The clinic".
I'm already in a bad mood this morning, so I don't even want to get started on what an idiotic war (politics and policy wise) Viet Nam was. Maybe when I'm in a better frame of mind and can be more civil about the moronic decisions from start to end.
Yeah, I'm gonna steer well clear of comments, as I have no experience of it. I'm sure all of y'all can enlighten me. Ken Burns does do a great job on big themes though.
I sure hope it gets better...sucking wind right now.
Me too, mate. I would suggest a cup of coffee, but I know that's a no-go. Hopefully you'll get what you are after.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter