DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Food coma time. The buffet was incredible. I ended up having 2 and a half lobsters, 4 oysters, then smashed advocado on toast with some awesome bacon, then roast pork and beef with Yorkshire pudding and beef dripping potatoes and cauliflower cheese, a cheese plate and then cake and desserts. A glass of wine and an espresso at the end for 45 a person, in an C18 banking hall. Anyone who is coming to London and wants to meet up, this is where we are going. Just give us 3 months notice so I can book, and also lose 10 pounds before I start the meal.

Avocado....really? So much goodness and you had to add the avocado. ;)

Happy Sunday. Worked this morning and then some exercise. Trying to get the knee moving again.

I'm not so sure. Didn't Dan and company fly a really long way and then drive down the East coast to Disney? Think that might be further than Kentucky Norm. Sorry
)

Are we basing this on one trip? Lifetime of trips? Average miles driven in a trip? Vacation culture of Britains vs Americans? The airborne speed of an African vs European swallow?

Good for her. Always thought sports and working help teach hard work and

Agreed.

And the fun continues...just put $$1034 into some maintenance on SWMBO's car on Thursday and thi evening she got t-boned. Thankfully she and DD are mostly OK (muscle spasm, aches and stiffness) but why cou now. This was after $800 in May in the car. So now it is dealing with insurance, repairs and all that fun. At least we are still on the green side of the sod so a lot to be thankful for.

Sorry to hear about the wreck and hospital delay, but glad to hear your family is ok. Prayers for you as you take on the insurance company.

:rotfl:
I’m sure I’ve told the stories of when I worked my dad changing out locks in the strip clubs in here before, but that was definitely eye opening.

Hadn't heard that story, but it would be better with pictures. :lmao:

Food coma time. The buffet was incredible. I ended up having 2 and a half lobsters, 4 oysters, then smashed advocado on toast with some awesome bacon, then roast pork and beef with Yorkshire pudding and beef dripping potatoes and cauliflower cheese, a cheese plate and then cake and desserts. A glass of wine and an espresso at the end for 45 a person, in an C18 banking hall. Anyone who is coming to London and wants to meet up, this is where we are going. Just give us 3 months notice so I can book, and also lose 10 pounds before I start the meal.

That sounds amazing, including the avocado. Raw or cooked oysters? I've tried raw and deep fat fried, but neither has been all that appealing to me.

Dang that sounds good... except the avocado of course.

I would like to talk a minute to reflect regarding CJ. I realize that we need to move on and not drag things out and if these words do that I apologize. I tried a couple of times to post some thoughts and just could not get through typing the words. CJ’s passing hit me harder than I would have thought and it has been a much more emotional event for me than I would have thought.

My thoughts and prayers are with Andriana and all that she must be going through. I pray that her Dad’s passing does not derail her from chasing her dreams and her path that CJ was so proud of. CJ and I had a bit of a bond I believe due to our daughters being basically the same age, going through college at the same time and the two of us being able to give other Dads a hard time about daughters dating or going to their first dance. I will miss this along with discussing college football, CJ’s favorite sport and time of the year. You will be sorely missed around her my friend but for sure never forgotten. Thanks for talking us off a ledge when needed, for checking on everyone’s kids and for welcoming us newbies to the club. Thank you CJ.

OK I know DDCC is one of the most popular WDW events of the year, but to not be able to get a DVC room 5 months out is crazy. I’ve always said that DDCC timing was too tough with work schedule but was thinking the heck with work, Inreally should meet some of you face to face finally as I wish I would have with CJ.

Figured I could fly in Friday the 11th and head out Monday the 14th but since that is marathon weekend can’t get a DVC room - ugh! Gonna look at other room options like maybe All Stars so wish me luck boys. Hope everyone had a good weekend.

I would like to talk a minute to reflect regarding CJ. I realize that we need to move on and not drag things out and if these words do that I apologize. I tried a couple of times to post some thoughts and just could not get through typing the words. CJ’s passing hit me harder than I would have thought and it has been a much more emotional event for me than I would have thought.

No apologies are necessary. We all grieve and cope in our own way and in our own time. No one here is judging anyone else. Certainly not such a heartfelt message. Thanks for posting that.

OK I know DDCC is one of the most popular WDW events of the year, but to not be able to get a DVC room 5 months out is crazy. I’ve always said that DDCC timing was too tough with work schedule but was thinking the heck with work, Inreally should meet some of you face to face finally as I wish I would have with CJ.

Figured I could fly in Friday the 11th and head out Monday the 14th but since that is marathon weekend can’t get a DVC room - ugh! Gonna look at other room options like maybe All Stars so wish me luck boys. Hope everyone had a good weekend.

It's nice to think the ddcc is that big, however, I think the room availability is more so due to the runDisney event. There is the party house off site, and some others may split a room with you.

I would like to talk a minute to reflect regarding CJ. I realize that we need to move on and not drag things out and if these words do that I apologize
No need for apologies mate, I’m sure we are all going to go back to our grief all through this thread going forward. Nice thoughts buddy.

Last edited:
Morning boys from an overcast London.

In a futile show of resistance, poached eggs over avocado on sour dough bread this morning, with just a cheeky splash of Tabasco.
We are still kid free. The house is eerily quiet.

Darcy hope Declan gets on OK today.

Have a good Monday chaps, May your day be a steak served just how you like it.

Last edited:

Mike,

As of right now, I have a studio at Saratoga springs for the 7th - 12th. I'm probably going to cancel it and stay off property since I'm going to have a rental car so I can save the DVC points for DW/DD or rent them out. If you'd like, I can try to extend it through the 14th and then when I'm ready to cancel, can coordinate with you so it opens up. Even at the 7 month point (I was going to try for studio somewhere else -- although unlike many, I like SSR), it was difficult.

The other option would be sharing the room if you'd like. I think the studio has room enough for 3?

If I can't extend it, then at least you'd only need to worry about nights of 12th & 13th.

Just giving you some options.

Oh, and share how you wish and feel appropriate. No apologies needed...CJ was special to each of us for similar, but yet individually unique reasons.

Last edited:

Talk to Scott...

Good Morning and Happy Monday Campers! With the promise of more money via snail mail etc, our total for Andriana is $1560.00. This is a is a joint team up with the Dads on the Facebook too, so this total will reflect to total from both sites. Any amount you can give is appreciated. Thank you all who have given and all of you who will.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter