DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Less than a week now, and our national nightmare will be over. Then the new national nightmare can begin!
I'd laugh at this if it wasn't so scary.

Does anybody know the whereabouts of Steve Bartman?
Hopefully they'll put the poor guy on a float and he can finally be freed.

One way or the other, something tells me that tonight's game will be one for the ages...
Good call.

Happy Friday morning fellas. Oldest has a swim meet this weekend. Just to rehash an old joke, if you found out you had one day left to live, what would you do? Go to a swim meet - it's the longest day of your life. :headache:

'Morning all...
Another day, another fifty-seven cents...

You make that much? Must be before taxes. :lmao:

Nope.
Your Smarties are our Rockets.
Our Smarties are similar to your chocolate M&Ms.
]

Now we have to translate Canadian candy? This is just getting ridiculous. :furious:

Do you eat the red ones last?
(Any Canadian would get this... not sure if you will.)

I don't get it.

Just mail those down here to me then.
Everyone in my house prefers them over the plain ones, but it truth the real trick is to find the dark-chocolate version. Nearly all milk chocolate candies and bars are entirely too sweet for me but any type of added nuts helps cut that sickening sweetness.

Agreed. I like the pretzel M&M more for the same reason.

I agree completely. I think for my daughter it's one of those "trying to fit in" things. Despite the yoga pants, she does seem to be more modest than some of her friends, at least when it comes to the top half of her. She covers up there at least. Some of her friends look like they're 25 year olds hitting the clubs on a Friday night. I understand the pressure of wanting to fit in, but I still don't like it.

Yeah, we have the same here. Both of my daughters are more modest than their friends. Sadly, there have been 2 girls in middle school this year who are pregnant. DW and I both talk to them about that as well as keeping them busy and active enough to avoid such an opportunity.

'Morning all...

Enjoy your Friday!
Working on it.
Will be happier when it's Friday Evening though.
We'll be headed up into the mountains Saturday to see the last home game of the season.
The Catamounts at least have somewhat of a shot at winning this one (which would double their win count for the year). Doesn't matter though, We love 'em anyway and besides...
It's the music that draws us up there.

It's the smarties song!
Got a chance to listen to that after I got home...
Let's just say that I'm particularly pleased that the things weren't available down this way at the time.
:scared:

Im gonna claim Aero. That was a Rowntrees bar from the UK. It was repackaged as Nestle when they took them over.
It's interesting how things are so different from one place to another even when both areas are served by the same conglomerates. The cultural differences are fascinating.

I agree completely. I think for my daughter it's one of those "trying to fit in" things. Despite the yoga pants, she does seem to be more modest than some of her friends, at least when it comes to the top half of her. She covers up there at least. Some of her friends look like they're 25 year olds hitting the clubs on a Friday night. I understand the pressure of wanting to fit in, but I still don't like it.
My brother has the same problems…
I do not envy the folks with daughters in having to deal with that kind of stuff.
Not one itty bit.

It's in my head now. I haven't decided if I like that or not.
I'm gonn'a go with: probably not.

I'd laugh at this if it wasn't so scary.
We ought to be scared...
The divide has become too great; regardless of the outcome, things will be getting very much worse in the near term.

You make that much? Must be before taxes. :lmao:
I pay my fair share.
That’s the difference in my take home when compared to 2006…
before the crash.

Agreed. I like the pretzel M&M more for the same reason.
I can see that. Salt also cuts that sweetness.
Of course now we’re talking about affecting both weight and B/P at the same time…
But everything that doesn’t suck is bad for you…

so what’cha gonn’a do.

Happy Friday guys. Another friend is in town this weekend so I am driving up to Broward to go to dinner with him tonight. It is good seeing friends but after a month of out of town visitors, I need a break, Football Saturday is tomorrow so I am hanging a Do Not Disturb sign on the front door.

(Norm, get used to this phenomena when you move to Florida)

Happy Friday morning fellas. Oldest has a swim meet this weekend. Just to rehash an old joke, if you found out you had one day left to live, what would you do? Go to a swim meet - it's the longest day of your life. :headache:

Is the Bourbon bar near the meet?

You're not Canadian.

Thank goodness. I'd have to live in the snow surrounded by penguins. :lmao:

'
I can see that. Salt also cuts that sweetness.
Of course now we’re talking about affecting both weight and B/P at the same time…
But everything that doesn’t suck is bad for you…

so what’cha gonn’a do.

Who cares. It's candy. Just enjoy it and exercise more later.

(Norm, get used to this phenomena when you move to Florida)

Is the Bourbon bar near the meet?

If I'm enjoying the good life in Florida, then all are welcome to stop by. Nothing here is that far away as the city has a 7 mile diameter, and is against a river. Still, it is far enough that I can't sneak out and back without driving or being detected.

That's it boys. Week over. All out.

Still have to work on this time zone thing with you.

Happy 100th birthday to a true journalist, Walter Cronkite. "And that's the way it was..."

Go to a swim meet - it's the longest day of your life.
Ever tried an all day dance competition? We could debate on which feels like the longest day of your life...
(Although to be fair, it was at a hotel ballroom, so I may have been able to sneak out to the hotel bar for a couple over priced drinks, so that helped)

Ever tried an all day dance competition? We could debate on which feels like the longest day of your life...
(Although to be fair, it was at a hotel ballroom, so I may have been able to sneak out to the hotel bar for a couple over priced drinks, so that helped)

All day dance competition, what's wrong with th.............. Oh you mean kids dancing. I thought you were talking about a day in a strip club. ;)

Welcome to Saturday!

First day this fall we have been below the freezing mark but at least it is sunny. Forecast is for the temperatures to creep back up over the next few days to back to the 50F range.

Don't forget to set your clocks back tonight if that is something you do where you live. Hope all of you enjoy you day. For those of you all day along swimming and dance events, don't forget your flask and a fully charged smart phone. ;)

Happy Saturday. Ham, cheese, salami, crackers, chips and dip are ready to be dragged out for the early games. The rest of the ribs and pasta salad for the main course later this afternoon. First Bourbon and ginger ale will be poured in a bit.

Gators have a challenge at Arkansas so we will see. Some good games on the tube today and I am looking forward to a day of football.

Have a good one and GO GATORS!

What's that Nemo song? Just keep swimming? I'm ready for clown fish fillet. :headache:

Yes, been there. Well, maybe not the competitions, but the performances and practices leading up to the performances. Yes, those are bad. But, you're not in a natatorium in 100% humidity, muffled race announcements, super loud cheering crowd because they can hear underwater, and a starting buzzer randomly occurring for 4 hours.

All day dance competition, what's wrong with th.............. Oh you mean kids dancing. I thought you were talking about a day in a strip club. ;)

All day at the strip club? I used to run out of money long before that. You know what the name of the day time janitor is at the strip club? Mop boy.

Don't forget to set your clocks back tonight if that is something you do where you live. Hope all of you enjoy you day. For those of you all day along swimming and dance events, don't forget your flask and a fully charged smart phone. ;)

Not sure I have many clocks that won't automatically change, other than the tumbler because it is so old.

As for the flask, they strip searched me before I entered here. Then again, I was the only one searched. Wait a minute ..... :lmao:

Happy Saturday. Ham, cheese, salami, crackers, chips and dip are ready to be dragged out for the early games. The rest of the ribs and pasta salad for the main course later this afternoon. First Bourbon and ginger ale will be poured in a bit.

Gators have a challenge at Arkansas so we will see. Some good games on the tube today and I am looking forward to a day of football.

Have a good one and GO GATORS!

I knew there was a reason I was suppose to go to Miami today.

Hey Dan, remind me, can I cheer for Chelsea? They are smoking Everton and Hazard is playing like he did two years ago when they won it. Costa tried to score on some flying kick. 5-0 right now.

And she survived the swim meet. She cut some time of her 200 free and 100 back, but didn't improve in her relay or 100 free.

Must have been....

No one wants to see that.

I Can't believe the thread is on page 513:worship: I guess they don't cut off at like 250 anymore:confused3

A little sad right now My wife and son are on their way to WDW right now and I'm stuck at home:faint:. I guess the 4 trips made already this year and 1 more in Dec wasn't enough:lmao:, who am I kidding I would do the same:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter