DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Top O the Mornin Dads! It's Wednesday, that's all I got so far. Have a good one fellas. "The only thing predictable about life is its unpredictability." -- Remy (Ratatouille)
Good news. Bad news.

Bad news. DW knocked the driver side mirror off her car, so there is a missing $400.

Good news. I cancelled my surgery. I'm walking well enough. I can still play tennis with my daughter, but my tournament career may be over. I can live with that.
Sorry about the car and hope the surgery decision works out for you.
Hey gents, just coming up for air at work. Still working on this tender (for those who don't know, it's writing a document for bidding on an upcoming contract..I'm getting help with it from people who actually know what they are doing, but it's still not fun). The tender is due on 31st so this time next week it will be over, for better or worse. Then I can focus on important stuff like my trip to The World. Less than a month now!
Best of luck with the work stuff and start enjoying that countdown! Regular checks on park hours to see if they change, double checking the FP+ going over all logistics and daily plans. Ahhhhhhh, the good stuff.
Okay, been on mydisneyexperience.com and the app and on hold (well finally talking to them) since 7am.

I've managed to get BTMM for 9:15 or 9:25. EVERYTHING ELSE fails during the confirmation attempt.

I've said it before, I hate the new FP system!!!

I think this solidifies my previous thought/comment/whatever. I think after the DDCC7, it's time to find another vacation spot. All the things to do at Disney are wonderful in one sense, but not being able to actually do any of them totally sucks!

So....anyone interested in renting DVC points for 2019? Gonna look into the resale market. Home resort is Saratoga Springs, so may not be able to get much on resale market, but at least with renting points be able to get money back. Obviously, re-newing the APs not on the table.

Something is going to have to change at Disney and it needs to change soon IMHO.

Sorry guys, but I'm just really PO'ed right now.
Sorry that I was right the other day about needing patience for FP+ scheduling. Had all the same issues last week but got through it in about 30 minutes. Felt just like you do except not giving up my points and still gonna be our main vaca spot. Once you get all the things scheduled and get there you'll hopefully feel better.

Top O the Mornin Dads! It's Wednesday, that's all I got so far. Have a good one fellas. "The only thing predictable about life is its unpredictability." -- Remy (Ratatouille)

Sorry about the car and hope the surgery decision works out for you.

Best of luck with the work stuff and start enjoying that countdown! Regular checks on park hours to see if they change, double checking the FP+ going over all logistics and daily plans. Ahhhhhhh, the good stuff.

Sorry that I was right the other day about needing patience for FP+ scheduling. Had all the same issues last week but got through it in about 30 minutes. Felt just like you do except not giving up my points and still gonna be our main vaca spot. Once you get all the things scheduled and get there you'll hopefully feel better.
Well, I'm going to allow a day or two cool down time, but I just think this is the proverbial straw...

There are many things over the last few years, but I know I cant think of them all.
Doing away with non-expiring tickets.
New FP system (old way was better because you actually had to BE in the park to do it and it gave everyone the same chance)
Tier system for rides at EPCOT
Price increases outpacing ability to keep up (or want to)
Greed -- paying for parking at resort (there were others, but can't remember)
ADRs very difficult to get at 180 day point, even when starting early
FPs darned near impossible to get even at 60 day point
More magic being taken away and replaced with PREMIER events and REALLY PREMIER PRICING
Bus service (maybe it's just perception vs. reality) -- seems to be getting slower and slower
The one fun thing at DTD (that I could use my extras option for) DisneyQuest being gone. Cirque de sole being gone. More overpriced shopping instead.

Again, this has kinda been building and I think I'm just finally fed up. I guess in a nutshell, they keep wanting more and more of my money, but I keep getting less and less in return for it. Not that I've done a formalized CBA, but the cost is far outweighing the benefit lately.

Awwww Beverly....
I it hate when you type up a list of responses and then the browser crashes.
Well, I'll just take it as a sign that I didn't really have anything important to say and let it go.

'Morning all...
Hope you're well and for those dealing with the flooding, stay safe.

Morning Guys,

Suppose to be another hot one here today but looking out the window there looks to be a nice breeze blowing. If the humidity has climbed to the point they forecast the breeze won't be very refreshing.

Got to bug DS at his job last night. He is scooping ice cream so we paid him a visit to get dessert.

Hey there fellas!

So we had a great weeklong trip to WDW last month, did a nice DVC split-stay at Bay Lake Tower and the Poly, really took a lot of time to relax, so no rope drops or commando days, but still got in everything we wanted at the parks... Wonderful family trip, magical as ever... But I have to admit to being in the those post-WDW doldrums these past few weeks, have hardly been able to login to the DISboards at all.

So there's really only one proven solution to that kind of situation... Book another WDW trip! :smickey: So we're coming back for a long weekend in December.

(Actually we've booked two, since I convinced my parents and sister to do a multi-family Disney cruise next spring break.) pirate:

Ahhhhh, that's the ticket.

Nice job on the bookings!

Good news. Bad news.

Bad news. DW knocked the driver side mirror off her car, so there is a missing $400.

Good news. I cancelled my surgery. I'm walking well enough. I can still play tennis with my daughter, but my tournament career may be over. I can live with that.

That sucks about the mirror. Hope the surgery decision is the right one for you. You do know the US Open is coming up, right?

Hey gents, just coming up for air at work. Still working on this tender (for those who don't know, it's writing a document for bidding on an upcoming contract..I'm getting help with it from people who actually know what they are doing, but it's still not fun). The tender is due on 31st so this time next week it will be over, for better or worse. Then I can focus on important stuff like my trip to The World. Less than a month now!

My first real job after university was writing a bid document, the bid was to run a school in a prison. It was the first time I did anything like that and it was a bit scary. We didn't get the contract but scored only a couple of points below the group that did. The owner of the company was disappointed but I was like "Yes, great score!"

Okay, been on mydisneyexperience.com and the app and on hold (well finally talking to them) since 7am.

I've managed to get BTMM for 9:15 or 9:25. EVERYTHING ELSE fails during the confirmation attempt.

I've said it before, I hate the new FP system!!!

I think this solidifies my previous thought/comment/whatever. I think after the DDCC7, it's time to find another vacation spot. All the things to do at Disney are wonderful in one sense, but not being able to actually do any of them totally sucks!

So....anyone interested in renting DVC points for 2019? Gonna look into the resale market. Home resort is Saratoga Springs, so may not be able to get much on resale market, but at least with renting points be able to get money back. Obviously, re-newing the APs not on the table.

Something is going to have to change at Disney and it needs to change soon IMHO.

Sorry guys, but I'm just really PO'ed right now.

Hope you get all the FPs to work out. I'm not really a fan of this system either.

I have a curly haired ninja planning retribution on Darcy for such an egregious statement. He needs to watch his alien swirling saucer for angry 5 year olds with an accent like Eliza Doolittle. Before she met Mister 'Iggins.

Seems like little kids love it but it's probably more the prize than the chocolate with no flavour.

Morning Guys,

Suppose to be another hot one here today but looking out the window there looks to be a nice breeze blowing. If the humidity has climbed to the point they forecast the breeze won't be very refreshing.

Got to bug DS at his job last night. He is scooping ice cream so we paid him a visit to get dessert.
I think I need to plan my next vacation to Canada. You and Jeff's kids have an inside track to dole whips and ice cream. The USD to CAD exchange rate. You have kindereggs. Hmmm...it's sounding more viable the more I consider it.

Hope you get all the FPs to work out. I'm not really a fan of this system either.
Well, I finally got through on the phone and they were able to book a few things, but nothing good (except TT) and mostly in the afternoon which means I can't book any more after they're done.

Seems like little kids love it but it's probably more the prize than the chocolate with no flavour.
We'll have to agree to disagree. I like the chocolate. Yes, the prizes are a big part of the appeal. When I was first introduced to them, I was told you had to put the prize together without looking at the instructions. To me, as a puzzle enthusiast, that was part of the fun. They also remind me of the prizes that cracker jack used to have so it brings back fond childhood memories. Maybe the fact we can't get them here in the states makes them a bit more appealing as well...seems we always want what we can't have. ;)

Happy Wednesday everyone. Doc, sorry about your frustrations, Norm same about the car.

As a reminder: Discovery Channel 9:00mpm ET Shark Tank Meets Shark Week. The Shark Research Lab is competing for $50,000. You will get to see what she does and she might be seen doing something (hopefully not stupid). I have my popcorn out.

Happy Wednesday everyone. Doc, sorry about your frustrations, Norm same about the car.

As a reminder: Discovery Channel 9:00mpm ET Shark Tank Meets Shark Week. The Shark Research Lab is competing for $50,000. You will get to see what she does and she might be seen doing something (hopefully not stupid). I have my popcorn out.
I'm trying to see if I can somehow stream it. One of the options is via amazon prime. Is it the episode titled "Monster Tag"? Since the PP does tagging, I'm hoping that's it.

I can get one episode for $2.99 or entire season for $29.99, but this is really the only one I want to see, so want to make sure I get the right one!

Hey I'm in the old man club too:rolleyes1, I may even be older then you:confused3, I don't remember it but I watched the Moon Landing:eek::rotfl2::lmao:.

The moon landing was before me. But, we may be close in age.

Sorry to hear that Norm. With all the surgeries I've had, I have always been much better in the end. Why put up with the pain when you could have none?

Easy one - money. I've had surgery before on my wrist (plates & screws) which I am thankful for since I wouldn't have a right arm. I can walk and play tennis this way for now. If it gets worse, then I'll reconsider. Or, if i get better insurance.

Well, sorry about the bad news, but nice to hear the good news. As long as you're happy with the decision. I hope it goes well for you.

Thanks. Good luck on the bid. I never did my own business things, and although I would have worked hard at it, I guess I just learned too late to give it a try.

Sorry to hear it. I couldn't order Christmas cards this year on Disney's site and emailed them. They said to delete cookies and temporary internet files. I them responded that they could have tried some effort since I also tried on my wife's android phone with MyDisneyApp. They don't care. Lots of money.

I put my 2017 banked points up yesterday for rental as we had to cancel the August one, just to see what the process is like.

Good luck. You may have lost the 11 month Poly window advantage, but hopefully you can get something for them.

I'm trying to see if I can somehow stream it. One of the options is via amazon prime. Is it the episode titled "Monster Tag"? Since the PP does tagging, I'm hoping that's it.

I can get one episode for $2.99 or entire season for $29.99, but this is really the only one I want to see, so want to make sure I get the right one!

Shark Tank Meets Shark Week

Well, I'm going to allow a day or two cool down time, but I just think this is the proverbial straw...

Again, this has kinda been building and I think I'm just finally fed up. I guess in a nutshell, they keep wanting more and more of my money, but I keep getting less and less in return for it. Not that I've done a formalized CBA, but the cost is far outweighing the benefit lately.

I'm using our DVC points for Vero Beach, and just drive up one night for a MNSSHP. I didn't think i would vacation other places either.

Awwww Beverly....
I it hate when you type up a list of responses and then the browser crashes.
Well, I'll just take it as a sign that I didn't really have anything important to say and let it go.

'Morning all...
Hope you're well and for those dealing with the flooding, stay safe.

Happens to you too? Glad it's not just my old, antiquated phone.

That sucks about the mirror. Hope the surgery decision is the right one for you. You do know the US Open is coming up, right

Enjoy the ice cream. I was just a few thousand ATP points shy of qualifying. :lmao:

Thanks. Wish i could watch it. Don't have that channel.

Good luck. You may have lost the 11 month Poly window advantage, but hopefully you can get something for them.
Yeah, they seemed pretty confident I'd get about 13 a point for them. Theres about 2 weeks left on the 7 month jump, so maybe....if not, i'll pitch em to one of my mates. Do you know if the MNSSHP tickets are transferable? I bought them with DVC discount, does it have to be me that pick them up? We know a family from here that are out there the same time as us, so we were going to gift them the tickets.

Yeah, they seemed pretty confident I'd get about 13 a point for them. Theres about 2 weeks left on the 7 month jump, so maybe....if not, i'll pitch em to one of my mates. Do you know if the MNSSHP tickets are transferable? I bought them with DVC discount, does it have to be me that pick them up? We know a family from here that are out there the same time as us, so we were going to gift them the tickets.
Fairly sure they're non-refundable and non-transferable...think I saw that when I got ours. You could try removing them from your MDE account and seeing if they could attach them to theirs, but I doubt it would work. On the other hand, if you call guest services and explain your medical injury and it being the reason for having to cancel your trip, maybe they will do something. Dunno.

I'm using our DVC points for Vero Beach, and just drive up one night for a MNSSHP. I didn't think i would vacation other places either.
Thanks for the reminder Norm. We enjoyed both Vero and Hilton Head and there are plenty of things to do in both places that can make for a great vacation without having to go through the nightmare that getting a reservation at a resort, ADRs and FPs have become for me. I'm a computer guy and having designed websites and databases and interfaces for many years, it should not be this painful. Since I've seen good design, it's even more so for me I guess. Making a 7month reservation at Hilton Head or Vero should be much less painful, we love the ocean and although both are pricey tourist areas, maybe I can keep my arm and leg in the future.

Thanks. Wish i could watch it. Don't have that channel.
Neither do I...that's why I'm trying to find a streaming option.

Shark Tank Meets Shark Week
I don't think that one was on the list, but it appears they are put into Amazon prime after the fact, so maybe a couple days after it airs.
Tell PP, even though I've never met her, I'm proud of (and happy for) her and I KNOW you are.

If you're 45, I call BS! The moon landing was in 69 and I was 5. I'll be 54 in 5 days, so if you're 45, not possible.

I haven't changed my signature since 2014 when I was 45, I was born in 69, although if you ask my wife if she is 44 I'm sure she would agree with you:rotfl2:, I wish my son was still 8, is now 10 days away from being a teenager:scared1:. I also have not updated all the Dis trips since 2014:eek: that would take awhile :faint:. Have to give you a A+ :teacher:for even noticing:thumbsup2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter