DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Not if I can't go on the lawn.

A gentleman's lawn (and mine too) is sacrosanct. Legos are for everyone.

The guy who runs it is a lovely bloke, we try and support our local shops, otherwise we just gonna end up with mall stores everywhere.

I always prefer to go to the small shops vs chains. I also like to learn the owner's name(s) if I think I'll be back a few times.

My Ladies went down to the #1 team in the Northeast on Saturday, so all for fun again until the fall. Side was littered with a few former and current National Squad selections so all the best to them. I'm quietly happy I get an evening a week and my Saturdays back for the foreseeable...

NJ Marathon coming up on the 28th, party party... well less of a party than WDWM but got to maintain that Ken Doll shipping container figure.

A proud dad bragging moment. Our HS tennis coach is terrible, and we have only played 3 matches thus far compared to 10 matches for other teams. And, my daughter lost her first two matches. However, on the 3rd match, she beat the overall #2 player in the region.

Annual DisDad Club Convention. Some run. Some drink rum.

Gotta love those moments. Congrats to the little lady enjoy.

I'll be run and rum... a tropical cocktail or two is the the lubricant to get me into these sorts of things (50 miles plus parks in 4 days, bring a 2yr old? sounds a breeze!...:drinking1) and my justification for carrying on!

My brisket for next weekend is on order with my Butcher, nothing like a bit of low n slow over the easter break. Grill on,my man. What's on the menu?

Honeymooned there......

The Iron Inlaws got us the Omaha Steaks Holiday gift set this year. We're taking it a box at a time until exhausted. Good stuff, had some excellent Pork Chops over the weekend.

I've been courting my local butcher for a few months now, I feel like we're almost ready to take the relationship to the next level and into his aged meats collections. Beef has been big focus since moving back, this will be the 1st summer with a full size grill and a settled house.

The Iron Inlaws got us the Omaha Steaks Holiday gift set this year. We're taking it a box at a time until exhausted. Good stuff, had some excellent Pork Chops over the weekend.

I've been courting my local butcher for a few months now, I feel like we're almost ready to take the relationship to the next level and into his aged meats collections. Beef has been big focus since moving back, this will be the 1st summer with a full size grill and a settled house.
Very nice.

I think its important to build that relationship with a Butcher, now I can just text him with what I want and how I want it cut. The pork chops sound delicious.

Morning, folks.

Only if it is well maintained. A well groomed man lawn is a sign of the absence of moral turpitude.

:lmao:

Well... actually probably have to replace mine. (The one outside in my front yard) Apparently, I had mites last year. I had no idea why my grass was looking worse and worse last year. My lawn care company just sprayed it with dandelion killer and walked away. Took my neighbor’s lawn guy to tell him, who told me. Needless to say, looking for a new company.

Morning, folks.

Well... actually probably have to replace mine. (The one outside in my front yard) Apparently, I had mites last year. I had no idea why my grass was looking worse and worse last year. My lawn care company just sprayed it with dandelion killer and walked away. Took my neighbor’s lawn guy to tell him, who told me. Needless to say, looking for a new company.
Ah sorry bud. No one needs mites in his man lawn.

Morning, folks.

Lazy lawn care... unforgivable. Where is the sense of pride these days?

*Edit for Clarity: Unforgivable on the part of your ‘Lawn Care’ Company… who clearly wasn’t caring for your lawn.

A proud dad bragging moment. Our HS tennis coach is terrible, and we have only played 3 matches thus far compared to 10 matches for other teams. And, my daughter lost her first two matches. However, on the 3rd match, she beat the overall #2 player in the region.

Annual DisDad Club Convention. Some run. Some drink rum.
Congrats to DD and to proud papa. I'm sure it's both your love of the game and coaching that got her to this level. Well done sir.

Some do neither...run or rum(okay, might just be me)

Last edited:
Ah sorry bud. No one needs mites in his man lawn.

That's what happens when you're always the last one to all those events you put on every Friday.

*Edit for Clarity: Unforgivable on the part of your ‘Lawn Care’ Company… who clearly wasn’t caring for your lawn.

I went away for a few weeks last summer. Apparently not watering the lawn enough is a recipe for mites. And of course the DW didn't think to do it...
(Not blaming her at all, I didn't know either and not something she'd necessarily think of if the lawn looks okay.)

I'm thinking @pkondz and @londontime are talking about two different things. If not, then :eek:

I keep trying to take the high road but he keeps dragging me back.

He's very good that way.

Only if it is well maintained. A well groomed man lawn is a sign of the absence of moral turpitude.
giphy.gif

Morning all. We are back under 40 degrees this morning. Where did Spring go?

Nice! Congrats to her!

Thanks.

Nice! Well done.

Thanks.

Congrats to the young un, buddy. Did you see West Ham get robbed by the ref last night?
e.

Didn't see it. Not sure if it available over here. I'm going to catch up today, but am enjoying the City & Liverpool run.

A gentleman's lawn (and mine too) is sacrosanct. Legos are for everyone.

I earned the title of last to cut my grass this Spring. It has just been too wet. It looks bad right now. Today, it is too wet & cold.

I'm not smart enough for that double entendre.

Congrats to the little lady enjoy.

I'll be run and rum... a tropical cocktail or two is the the lubricant to get me into these sorts of things (50 miles plus parks in 4 days, bring a 2yr old? sounds a breeze!...:drinking1) and my justification for carrying on!

Thanks and Good luck at the marathon. I play tennis so I don't have to run. :lmao:

If you run with your 2 year old on your back like a Yoda back pack, then you get an extra medal. :lmao:

Lawn care company? Never paid for it. Never will.

Congrats to DD and to proud papa. I'm sure it's both your love of the game and coaching that got her to this level. Well done sir.
)

Thanks. I see the potential in her game. I'd work with her every day if she would be willing.

I went away for a few weeks last summer. Apparently not watering the lawn enough is a recipe for mites. And of course the DW didn't think to do it...

I'm too cheap to water it. Then I wonder why it keeps dying.

Lawn care company? Never paid for it. Never will.

Too cheap for that, too!

I tried planting some grass seed this spring. Have watered it regularly. Over two weeks, and nothing has happened. Beginning to think I should just save up for AstroTurf.

That's what happens when you're always the last one to all those events you put on every Friday.
:lmao::lmao:
You are the king of the applicable meme.

What I miss? I watched the Man U vs West Ham match. West Ham was the better Unites team. Was it the penalty in the first half?
Our goal wasn’t offside and the 1st half pen never was, and the second penalty there were about 4 Man U players off. Apart from that, all good mate.

Evening boys from a temperate Rome. Morettti in, bottle of wine in. Pizza and Gelato will have to wait until tomorrow. Back in London tomorrow night.

Have a great evening chaps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter