DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Yeah, I can survive a Monday.
Of course it's only been an hour, we'll see how the rest of it goes...
How about now? Still surviving it?

With all my quips about what day of the week it is for me (today’s Thursday. Friday starts at 8:30pm), I’ve never really experienced the “Joy” of a Monday morning. Yes with school or classes but never with work. When I was a kid my jobs were mostly evenings and never M-F. Since then, all shift work.

How about now? Still surviving it?

With all my quips about what day of the week it is for me (today’s Thursday. Friday starts at 8:30pm), I’ve never really experienced the “Joy” of a Monday morning. Yes with school or classes but never with work. When I was a kid my jobs were mostly evenings and never M-F. Since then, all shift work.
Took several low blows and a couple of 8-counts, but the judges have ruled it a split decision.
Since there aren't any loaded weapons in the house, it appears likely that the darkness won't win out.
At least not this time.

I did the 12-hour at a crack, stupid scheduling, rotating shift work thing for a long while back in the 80s (and use to calculate days of the week - somewhat - similar to the way you do it). It's weird that from time to time I actually miss some aspects of that nonsense, but not all of it to be sure.

Hey, Guys! Hope all are well. Been out of sorts lately so I took a COVID test and came back positive, so hanging around the house and staying away from the family as much as possible. Thankfully we have an extra bedroom for me to use. I keep to one side of the house while the Mrs. and DD keep to the other, and the upstairs. If I go out to watch TV it's after everyone has left. My chair is currently off limits to all but me, because of COVID, and we have sanitizing wipes that I use to clean the remotes to the TV. I've spent almost 3 hour napping today and still feel like I can go back to sleep. And yes, this meant I had to miss two performances of Hello Dolly this weekend, and not because of the pay, I really do miss it. It appears that I wasn't the only one who's been out. I heard that there were 2 cast members who tested positive and one young girl's parents refused to let her play until everyone tested negative. Don't blame them, I guess. My DD really misses her snuggles, as do I, but unfortunately we have to remain apart until I'm negative again.

Sounds like you almost got lucky!

Almost! :teeth:

Nice! And yes, I know (or at least have heard the name) Amy Brenneman

Glad you did because I had to look her up. I'm not 100% positive, but I'm fairly certain I was standing behind her in the concession line and didn't know it.

Today is third Friday. Tomorrow is Saturday and Sunday. The day after is Monday.
Sheesh, surprised you had to ask.

(Pulls out notes) But I thought it was the 4th Friday after the 3rd Thursday? (scratches head) Hmmm.

Hey, Guys! Hope all are well. Been out of sorts lately so I took a COVID test and came back positive, so hanging around the house and staying away from the family as much as possible. Thankfully we have an extra bedroom for me to use. I keep to one side of the house while the Mrs. and DD keep to the other, and the upstairs. If I go out to watch TV it's after everyone has left. My chair is currently off limits to all but me, because of COVID, and we have sanitizing wipes that I use to clean the remotes to the TV. I've spent almost 3 hour napping today and still feel like I can go back to sleep. And yes, this meant I had to miss two performances of Hello Dolly this weekend, and not because of the pay, I really do miss it. It appears that I wasn't the only one who's been out. I heard that there were 2 cast members who tested positive and one young girl's parents refused to let her play until everyone tested negative. Don't blame them, I guess. My DD really misses her snuggles, as do I, but unfortunately we have to remain apart until I'm negative again.

Hope it's a mild case and you are better soon.

Since there aren't any loaded weapons in the house, it appears likely that the darkness won't win out.
At least not this time.
Don't let the darkness win, guns or no guns. It'll get better.
I did the 12-hour at a crack, stupid scheduling, rotating shift work thing for a long while back in the 80s (and use to calculate days of the week - somewhat - similar to the way you do it). It's weird that from time to time I actually miss some aspects of that nonsense, but not all of it to be sure.
I won't miss the constant state of exhaustion... or working, for that matter.
Been out of sorts lately so I took a COVID test and came back positive, so hanging around the house and staying away from the family as much as possible.
Sorry to hear that. Hope you feel better soon.
(Pulls out notes) But I thought it was the 4th Friday after the 3rd Thursday? (scratches head) Hmmm.
Don't be silly. Today is Friday... again. 12 hours to go, ending tomorrow morning. Next day is Saturunday.

praying

Thanks for sharing. Our Pirate Princess Pirate is doing well. Have an Old Fashioned for CJ if you are so inclined. Miss his sharing his life with us.
Took several low blows and a couple of 8-counts, but the judges have ruled it a split decision.
At least not this time.

Hang tough my friend. Don't let the Black Dog get you. You are appreciated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter